Author Topic: Just watched Je5us (amp, 2006  (Read 2302 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Just watched Je5us (amp, 2006
« on: Mon, 24 April 2023, 11:57:11 »
je5uz crhist,  this is ta1iban lvl of indo(trination..

/gasp

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
Re: Just watched Je5us (amp, 2006
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 24 April 2023, 13:37:02 »
Don't look into Quiverfull or FLDS.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 24 April 2023, 16:00:13 »
All religions I've encountered in my life have people at that level of indoctrination. Nothing new.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 24 April 2023, 17:18:36 »

have people at that level of indoctrination.

What else can you do when you have neither facts nor evidence to promote your assertions?
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 24 April 2023, 17:56:22 »

What else can you do when you have neither facts nor evidence to promote your assertions?

It's not so blind as 'all people who practice religion are stupid'
There are many different reasons for people to turn to faith, and not all of them are born or trained into it. Many intelligent people practice faith by choice, because there are some benefits in almost all religions one can learn or gain positive things from.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 25 April 2023, 02:34:24 »

It's not so blind as 'all people who practice religion are stupid'
There are many different reasons for people to turn to faith, and not all of them are born or trained into it. Many intelligent people practice faith by choice, because there are some benefits in almost all religions one can learn or gain positive things from.
True, but this isn't about faith, it's about proselytisation.

Also I dare say that religion doesn't offer anything positive that you couldn't get living a secular life.
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 25 April 2023, 07:14:02 »
Many intelligent people practice faith by choice, because there are some benefits in almost all religions one can learn or gain positive things from.
True, but this isn't about faith, it's about proselytisation.

Also I dare say that religion doesn't offer anything positive that you couldn't get living a secular life.

Religion is like malware. it doesn't kill you outright, but it only does bad things, and you should be running Linux and open office instead.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 25 April 2023, 07:56:27 »

Religion is like malware.

Look back to the Bronze Age, when, as one example, people had no undertanding of how weather operated, so they fabricated a wind god, a rain god, and an ocean god, and assumed that they went through cycles of satisfaction and anger at the humans resulting in calm weather and storms. When the Abrahamic religions were created, they knew that the large and ever-expanding Pantheons needed to be simplified - so they rolled those previous dieties into one. That was, in my opinion, somewhat a step in the right direction toward recognizing the unity of all life as a single universal entity. And/but, of course, the perpetual problem with the concept of God is the issue of non-God.

But the "malware" is the various flavors of "The Bible" that believers keep on a pedestal of perfection - but which can actually be interpreted to justify or excuse almost any belief or action that they want to engage in.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 25 April 2023, 10:43:36 »

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 25 April 2023, 11:10:08 »

Religion is like malware.

Look back to the Bronze Age, when, as one example, people had no undertanding of how weather operated, so they fabricated a wind god, a rain god, and an ocean god, and assumed that they went through cycles of satisfaction and anger at the humans resulting in calm weather and storms. When the Abrahamic religions were created, they knew that the large and ever-expanding Pantheons needed to be simplified - so they rolled those previous dieties into one. That was, in my opinion, somewhat a step in the right direction toward recognizing the unity of all life as a single universal entity. And/but, of course, the perpetual problem with the concept of God is the issue of non-God.
Well, we went from many gods to one god, and we're getting closer to the true figure all the time! That's progress, at least :D .

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 25 April 2023, 17:46:11 »
Just waqtched the whole thing, I'd only seen fragments before.
je5uz crhist,  this is ta1iban lvl of indo(trination..

Fundamentally, there's no difference between the Taliban and what these people are doing. They're both religious zealot cults that indoctrinate children to raise a holy army to fight a war. Also, both groups are yearning for doomsday and are actively working to achieve it.

In a way, the practice of swearing allegiance to a flag is not that different. That practice has always astounded me. My housemate who lived in the US for a few years when he was a kid can still recite it word for word.

By the way, I find it hilarious that this film features Ted Haggard and came out just before he was exposed for having taken meth and practicing sex with a male prostitute.

Fasinated, I looked up what became of the kids in the film and found this: https://www.hollywood.com/movies/10-years-later-where-are-the-kids-from-jesus-camp-now-60603062https://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/jul/06/jesus-camp-christian-documentary-kids-10-years-later