Author Topic: starter Hifi  (Read 1711 times)

Offline kolec94

starter Hifi
« on: Sun, 28 August 2016, 14:50:58 »
I am looking for a starter hifi music player for around $100 not including headphones.
I was thinking a fiio x1 but idk if it would be the best choice?

kbparadise v60 blues

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: starter Hifi
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 28 August 2016, 17:02:53 »
when you look at DAC..  especially over usb,  Make sure it has Galvanic Isolation circuits on the USB port. 

get a dac that connects to your phone,  the library is easier to manage that way..

Otherwise, you got 2 different devices..  eventually , it'll feel like such a hassle, that you don't even bother bringing ur media player.

Offline kolec94

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 28 August 2016, 17:48:31 »
when you look at DAC..  especially over usb,  Make sure it has Galvanic Isolation circuits on the USB port. 

get a dac that connects to your phone,  the library is easier to manage that way..

Otherwise, you got 2 different devices..  eventually , it'll feel like such a hassle, that you don't even bother bringing ur media player.
o i would rather have a dedicated device for music

kbparadise v60 blues

Offline kolec94

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 29 August 2016, 12:02:17 »
I am thinking maybe a fiio x3 now just because it seems like the little bit more it cost is worth it?

kbparadise v60 blues

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 29 August 2016, 12:17:09 »
Honestly massdrop has good deals on theirs. They have drops every so often.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 29 August 2016, 13:06:27 »

Most of that gear isn't actually Hifi..

Hifi requires testing equipment that most of those companies can't even afford..

Just because an Off the shelf chip has certain specs, does not mean it will produce those same results once modified with components other than those used in the lab..

All of those $300-500 off-brand amps / dacs  are actually just like oem/odm mice..  A bunch of scrub engineers gluing some off the shelf stuff together..

They can get away with this bull****, because the hipsters are stupid and illiterate..

Offline kolec94

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 29 August 2016, 13:10:15 »

Hifi requires testing equipment that most of those companies can't even afford..

Just because an Off the shelf chip has certain specs, does not mean it will produce those same results once modified with components other than those used in the lab..

All of those $300-500 off-brand amps / dacs  are actually just like oem/odm mice..  A bunch of scrub engineers gluing some off the shelf stuff together..

They can get away with this bull****, because the hipsters are stupid and illiterate..
now does fiio do this?
I am thinking the fiio x3 because it doubles as a dac but I have issues remembering to charge my phone so I don't want to use it as my main music player.

kbparadise v60 blues

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 29 August 2016, 13:33:25 »

now does fiio do this?
I am thinking the fiio x3 because it doubles as a dac but I have issues remembering to charge my phone so I don't want to use it as my main music player.

Fiio, most likely..

Get something from Large companies (like sennheiser), they all may be using similar components with similar specifications, but the Large companies have the testing equipment to actually measure the outcome of their build.  Whereas OEM/ODM, they just build the popular chip or sensor, then Hope for the best.

Offline kolec94

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 29 August 2016, 13:59:20 »

now does fiio do this?

Fiio, most likely..

Get something from Large companies (like sennheiser), they all may be using similar components with similar specifications, but the Large companies have the testing equipment to actually measure the outcome of their build.  Whereas OEM/ODM, they just build the popular chip or sensor, then Hope for the best.
yeh that is what I was thinking mainly they only do audiophile products

kbparadise v60 blues