Author Topic: Replacing a mouse cable?? help!  (Read 3350 times)

Offline ykno

• Frustration, Face Meet Keyboard.
Replacing a mouse cable?? help!
« on: Thu, 08 September 2016, 09:11:38 »
So i own a perixx mx-1800 (the best mouse i have ever owned and if they still made them id buy 3 more just to hold me over for some good years with spares)

but my one get repainted now and then when my pc build theme changes its now being painted black, so i need to replace the red cable with a black one.

i have found a logitech cable on ebay and it has the same internal header so should it be striaght swap and it still work?.

Filco TK       Tomoko TK

Offline Tactile

Re: Replacing a mouse cable?? help!
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 08 September 2016, 09:52:31 »
With both cables in front of you use a continuity tester to check that the pinout is the same (this pin on the internal connector is connected to this pin in the USB plug). If not, you'll probably be able to shuffle the pins in the internal connector to match by unlatching them from the connector (press a tab on the pin and pull it out).
REΛLFORCE

Offline ykno

• Frustration, Face Meet Keyboard.
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 08 September 2016, 10:16:39 »
With both cables in front of you use a continuity tester to check that the pinout is the same (this pin on the internal connector is connected to this pin in the USB plug). If not, you'll probably be able to shuffle the pins in the internal connector to match by unlatching them from the connector (press a tab on the pin and pull it out).

ah okay i fought that might be the option to go, if it didnt work so cool cheers for advise.

Filco TK       Tomoko TK

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 10 September 2016, 09:52:00 »
Yes it should straight work..

make sure the cable relief and thickness lines up right..  if it's too loose, roll some tape around the cable to tighten, if it's too tight, File the cable, or carefully shave it a bit with a sharp xacto.