Author Topic: The Beer Thread!  (Read 398446 times)

Offline ReverbSlush

• 16/52 RNG score
Re: The Beer Thread!
« Reply #1850 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 07:54:54 »

Cans from Bottle Logic's "Konami Code" series, this being the second offering called "Down Down" ("Up Up" was first).

That's awesome... I can guess what BA will be :P

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #1851 on: Wed, 03 May 2017, 15:15:24 »
I didn't even know this thread existed!

Some stuff from the past couple weeks:

Show Image

Cans from Bottle Logic's "Konami Code" series, this being the second offering called "Down Down" ("Up Up" was first).

I'm so jelly nugglets! I was at bottle logic the entire week of logic but somehow I completely missed the Down Down can sale prior. Up Up was fantastic, I'm glad they had some on tap the first few days. I should be picking up my Jam the Radar bottle on Saturday though!
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #1852 on: Thu, 04 May 2017, 11:24:07 »
So... I just landed in LAX. Will be staying here for a couple days. Then vegas for a day. The driving to Monterrey and up to San Francisco.

What beer / brewery is a must have.

First time in cali

Offline nugglets

« Reply #1853 on: Thu, 04 May 2017, 17:06:25 »
So... I just landed in LAX. Will be staying here for a couple days. Then vegas for a day. The driving to Monterrey and up to San Francisco.

What beer / brewery is a must have.

First time in cali

Monkish in Torrance would be my first recommendation, and while you're there Smog City is right around the corner. There's a dozen other quality breweries in the area, too, but those are my favorites.

Beachwood in Long Beach has some solid stuff, too.

Those would be my picks, but I'm sure others will chime in with theirs =)

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #1854 on: Thu, 04 May 2017, 18:59:07 »
Alright I am going to checkout monkish tonight

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1855 on: Fri, 05 May 2017, 17:11:26 »

Apparently there is a bottle release today, so it will be a cluster****.

I just was at Brouwerij West in San Pedro who has one of the best pilsners I've ever had on tap. I was at Riip in practically Long Beach but actually Huntington and the Raider Bob is solid as hell.  I'm at Phantom Carriage Works in Carson who I recommend and I'm about to head to Mumford/Solarc.  I was also told to check out Indie and I think it was called Art District.

Beachwood is super solid and they just released a new bottle that's really good.  Alpha Galactic is a great pale ale from them. 

I hate to contradict, but based on the bottles I've tried, Smog City is overrated.  Someone I was talking to at Phantom Carriage said the same thing.
« Last Edit: Fri, 05 May 2017, 17:17:35 by nubbinator »

Offline nugglets

« Reply #1856 on: Fri, 05 May 2017, 17:38:36 »

Apparently there is a bottle release today, so it will be a cluster****.

I just was at Brouwerij West in San Pedro who has one of the best pilsners I've ever had on tap. I was at Riip in practically Long Beach but actually Huntington and the Raider Bob is solid as hell.  I'm at Phantom Carriage Works in Carson who I recommend and I'm about to head to Mumford/Solarc.  I was also told to check out Indie and I think it was called Art District.

Beachwood is super solid and they just released a new bottle that's really good.  Alpha Galactic is a great pale ale from them. 

I hate to contradict, but based on the bottles I've tried, Smog City is overrated.  Someone I was talking to at Phantom Carriage said the same thing.

I don't think Smog City is amazing or anything, but it's certainly worth drinking if you're a few hundred feet away at Monkish already =)

Riip is great, I love that place. I live off Warner, so it's not far at all. But it is a bit of a trek if you're coming from LA.

I haven't heard of Indie or Art District, I'll have to check those out some day.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1857 on: Fri, 05 May 2017, 17:52:02 »
I still need to check out the actual Smog City brewery.  I've only had bottles of Sabertooth Squirrel and the porter/stout with the robot and both were mediocre at best.  Apparently some of their other beers are good.

Riip is super close to Monkish, Brouwerij West, Beachwoid, etc, like 15-30 min away.

I've never heard of art district either, but I may have ****ed up the name.  I have heard of Indie, but haven't seen anything from them.

Offline nugglets

« Reply #1858 on: Fri, 05 May 2017, 17:58:53 »
Just looked it up... Brewpub with skeeball? I'm in.

http://213hospitality.com/artsdistrictbrewing/

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1859 on: Fri, 05 May 2017, 18:05:52 »
That sounds awesome.  El Segundo is another great brewery in the area, at least for IPAs.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #1860 on: Fri, 05 May 2017, 21:26:24 »
I still need to check out the actual Smog City brewery.  I've only had bottles of Sabertooth Squirrel and the porter/stout with the robot and both were mediocre at best.  Apparently some of their other beers are good.

Riip is super close to Monkish, Brouwerij West, Beachwoid, etc, like 15-30 min away.

I've never heard of art district either, but I may have ****ed up the name.  I have heard of Indie, but haven't seen anything from them.

hah, what a n00b... Nubz only had bottles of Sabertooth Squirrel and the porter/stout with the robot....pffft....yea....step your game up Nubious. <3

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1861 on: Sat, 06 May 2017, 00:12:37 »

hah, what a n00b... Nubz only had bottles of Sabertooth Squirrel and the porter/stout with the robot....pffft....yea....step your game up Nubious. <3

It's okay, nubs is confirmed beer noob.

Offline nugglets

« Reply #1862 on: Mon, 08 May 2017, 18:56:16 »

Care package via trade with cmd. The far right one, called "Slip-ons," is one of the best "NE" style DIPAs I've ever had. It was outstanding.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #1863 on: Mon, 08 May 2017, 19:29:49 »
Show Image

Care package via trade with cmd. The far right one, called "Slip-ons," is one of the best "NE" style DIPAs I've ever had. It was outstanding.

That can artwork is swik!

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #1864 on: Thu, 11 May 2017, 13:34:13 »
Today is a good day!

168253-0

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #1865 on: Thu, 11 May 2017, 13:56:39 »
Today is a good day!

(Attachment Link)

Yum, das reel gewd rite dur!

Offline nugglets

« Reply #1866 on: Thu, 11 May 2017, 17:21:04 »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1867 on: Fri, 12 May 2017, 20:29:28 »
More local goodness

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #1868 on: Fri, 12 May 2017, 20:33:19 »
More local goodness

Show Image

i bet all the weed dealers called it quit and started all these microbrews..  same naming schemes.

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #1869 on: Sat, 20 May 2017, 11:58:44 »
168812-0

When I am not looking for it is when I find it...

Offline Slash Emperor

• Lust for life lost, keyboards acquired.
« Reply #1870 on: Mon, 22 May 2017, 13:29:47 »
(Attachment Link)

How is the 120 Minute? I haven't tried it yet, though one of my preferred packies has some available.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #1871 on: Mon, 22 May 2017, 16:17:28 »
More local goodness

Show Image

i bet all the weed dealers called it quit and started all these microbrews..  same naming schemes.

Crypto-Crondanillia-SuperMan-360-No-Scope Brewery

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #1872 on: Mon, 22 May 2017, 16:18:45 »
(Attachment Link)

How is the 120 Minute? I haven't tried it yet, though one of my preferred packies has some available.

For a 20% IPA, it's great.

One of the few Hop Forward beers the actually ages well.

I have had it fresh from a tap and a 2014 bottle.

As it ages it loses the boozy taste and sweetens significantly.

I actually prefer it fresh but the aged one was really good to.

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #1873 on: Thu, 25 May 2017, 07:10:49 »
I kinda scored yesterday..

169188-0

Offline Slash Emperor

« Reply #1874 on: Thu, 25 May 2017, 10:54:57 »

(Attachment Link)

Nice haul! I only recognize the 120 Minute and the Founder's from that.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #1875 on: Thu, 25 May 2017, 16:57:38 »

(Attachment Link)

You gotta try the Dogfish Head (if you like IPA), good stuff.

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #1876 on: Thu, 25 May 2017, 17:01:31 »

(Attachment Link)

All of it is amazing. Prairie makes AMAZING stouts. Lone Pint Yellow rose IPA is probably my favorite casual IPA behind Pliney and Pfriem. The Abyss was in their back room. It was form 2014 so it has some age, super excited for that one. The collage 2 is collab and they made me buy it as it was his favorite. He also made me buy the founders as I told him I never had that particuler one.

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #1877 on: Thu, 25 May 2017, 23:09:48 »

loving this DIPA by Monkish lately

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #1878 on: Thu, 25 May 2017, 23:46:27 »
Show Image

loving this DIPA by Monkish lately

I trade you pliney for some :thinking:
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline Slash Emperor

« Reply #1879 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 08:16:11 »

(Attachment Link)

Oh yes, I love IPAs. Dogfish Head is one of my favorite breweries, actually. I know a couple packies that have 120 Minute in stock, so I'll need to swing by to pick it up.

(Attachment Link)

All of it is amazing. Prairie makes AMAZING stouts. Lone Pint Yellow rose IPA is probably my favorite casual IPA behind Pliney and Pfriem. The Abyss was in their back room. It was form 2014 so it has some age, super excited for that one. The collage 2 is collab and they made me buy it as it was his favorite. He also made me buy the founders as I told him I never had that particuler one.

You had me at "AMAZING stouts". If you can get your hands on it or are ever in my neck of the woods, I highly recommend Trillium. They're my beer endgame, pretty much.

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #1880 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 10:52:39 »

(Attachment Link)

Oh yes, I love IPAs. Dogfish Head is one of my favorite breweries, actually. I know a couple packies that have 120 Minute in stock, so I'll need to swing by to pick it up.

(Attachment Link)

You had me at "AMAZING stouts". If you can get your hands on it or are ever in my neck of the woods, I highly recommend Trillium. They're my beer endgame, pretty much.

I just went to Russian River and Monkish. Trillium and alchemist are next on my list. I have been dying to try heady topper.

Offline Slash Emperor

« Reply #1881 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 11:53:47 »
I just went to Russian River and Monkish. Trillium and alchemist are next on my list. I have been dying to try heady topper.

I'd love to try Heady Topper at some point, but I don't feel up to driving all the way up to Vermont and only being able to get like 2 4-packs. Trillium lets you get an insane amount of cans for such a high-quality brewery. Their limit is 1 case per person per style, so I end up picking up 3-5 cases just going there by myself each time.

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #1882 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 12:49:13 »

I'd love to try Heady Topper at some point, but I don't feel up to driving all the way up to Vermont and only being able to get like 2 4-packs. Trillium lets you get an insane amount of cans for such a high-quality brewery. Their limit is 1 case per person per style, so I end up picking up 3-5 cases just going there by myself each time.

Heady Topper is worth the trip IMO as you can pick up cans from other breweries while up there as well and try other stuff from Alchemist. There is a beer called Sip of Sunshine that is really great as well from Lawson's Finest Liquids that is great.

Offline Slash Emperor

« Reply #1883 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 13:36:17 »

Heady Topper is worth the trip IMO as you can pick up cans from other breweries while up there as well and try other stuff from Alchemist. There is a beer called Sip of Sunshine that is really great as well from Lawson's Finest Liquids that is great.

True, I could definitely pick up stuff from other breweries up there. I'd love to make a weekend trip for this, and be able to crash at a friend's place while up there, but I'm afraid I have no friends in Vermont.

I think being so close to Trillium and running down to pick up cases has just made me lazy.

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #1884 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 14:14:22 »

True, I could definitely pick up stuff from other breweries up there. I'd love to make a weekend trip for this, and be able to crash at a friend's place while up there, but I'm afraid I have no friends in Vermont.

I think being so close to Trillium and running down to pick up cases has just made me lazy.

It is definitely worth it to make a weekend trip and bring friends from Boston and just crash at a hotel or AirBnB

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #1885 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 14:30:26 »
If anyone is down to trade the good stuff down here is:

Jester King - they make sours and fruits.
Prairie - all their stouts are incredible.
Lone Pint - specifically Yellow Rose
Live oak - specifically their hefeweizen

I'm just trying Backwards bastard. It is pretty good, reminds me of a Christmas beer.

169301-0

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #1886 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 17:38:05 »
Number 2 today.

169305-0

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1887 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 20:35:53 »

hmmm

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #1888 on: Sat, 27 May 2017, 17:38:35 »
Today's beer

169471-0

Offline nugglets

« Reply #1889 on: Sat, 27 May 2017, 19:24:25 »

Offline Bigpock

« Reply #1890 on: Sun, 28 May 2017, 22:05:01 »

It's Electric by MIA Beer Co.

Offline mrduul

« Reply #1891 on: Mon, 29 May 2017, 04:33:48 »
Red wine for me. 14 Hands Merlot

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #1892 on: Mon, 29 May 2017, 13:33:07 »
Today's beer

(Attachment Link)

Did you move to Australia?

It's weird my phone shows it correct but my computer shows it reversed?

Today's brew:

169556-0

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #1893 on: Mon, 29 May 2017, 13:51:46 »
A few of my recent beers:

Kasteel Cuvée du Château: The waitress described it as very heavy (11%) but you cannot tell from drinking it. She was right... until I tried to stand up. XD

Tank 7 Farmhouse Ale: This one was a very positive surprise for me! I don't like bitter beers such as IPA's and while this was quite heavy it had an almost minty aftertaste.

Kasteel Rouge: I really enjoy sour beers and this one, together with Rodenbach Grand Cru and Duchesse de Bourgogne are favorites of mine. :)

Westmalle Trappist Dubbel: Dubbels, Triples and Quadrupels are always good.
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #1894 on: Mon, 29 May 2017, 14:06:11 »
I don't normally like things that have the same name as me, but this beer is pretty exceptional.

Check my keyboard video reviews:

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #1895 on: Mon, 29 May 2017, 14:30:36 »

Show Image

Kasteel Cuvée du Château: The waitress described it as very heavy (11%) but you cannot tell from drinking it. She was right... until I tried to stand up. XD

Show Image

Tank 7 Farmhouse Ale: This one was a very positive surprise for me! I don't like bitter beers such as IPA's and while this was quite heavy it had an almost minty aftertaste.

Show Image

Kasteel Rouge: I really enjoy sour beers and this one, together with Rodenbach Grand Cru and Duchesse de Bourgogne are favorites of mine. :)

Show Image

Haven't had the other two, but Tank 7 is a killer beer.

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #1896 on: Mon, 29 May 2017, 15:16:42 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

where dis place be at

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #1897 on: Mon, 29 May 2017, 15:30:17 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

where dis place be at
Well, I drank those all over the place. First and last one are at two different places in Rotterdam, whereas the other two I drank in Lille.

If you want to try them, I either recommend coming to Europe (and especially Belgium and The Netherlands) or trying to find a place online that sells them.

I wouldn't mind doing a beer exchange though. Seems like a fun way to try different beers. :)
And most of these are pretty cheap. Like €1.20-€2.50 a bottle. Take a look here or here (if you want the matching glass).

What else do they have that's good?
« Last Edit: Mon, 29 May 2017, 15:31:55 by JaccoW »
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #1898 on: Mon, 29 May 2017, 15:41:46 »
What else do they have that's good?

I couldn't comment on any other beers by them as I have only had Tank 7

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #1899 on: Mon, 29 May 2017, 17:27:45 »

Grapefruit Sculpin