Author Topic: Tall Blue and black PBT keycaps?  (Read 1599 times)

Offline vElectrixx

Tall Blue and black PBT keycaps?
« on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 11:29:43 »
I'm finally getting sick of the ABS keycaps on my Ducky. They get too shiny and develop oily blotches a bit too quickly. Anyone know someone or a website that sells keycaps? By tall, I mean Ducky keycap size. 'm looking for a black base set with bright blue modifier keys that have this color: http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=474

I contacted Ducky if I could purchase the keycaps alone, but they replied "probably not".

***edit: Before someone shows me SP's DSA keycaps, I'd like to say they're too small for me.
« Last Edit: Mon, 23 February 2015, 08:53:36 by vElectrixx »

Visit the Typing Test

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: Tall Blue and black PBT keycaps?
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 12:00:29 »
I'm finally getting sick of the ABS keycaps on my Ducky. They get too shiny and develop oily blotches a bit too quickly. Anyone know someone or a website that sells keycaps? By tall, I mean Ducky keycap size. 'm looking for a black base set with bright blue modifier keys that have this color: http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=474

I contacted Ducky if I could purchase the keycaps alone, but they replied "probably not".

If anyone has this keyboard and is willing to sell me the keycaps, I'd accept that. I'd rather have black than grey, though.

***edit: Before someone shows me SP's DSA keycaps, I'd like to say they're too small for me.

u should probably go with grey mods + beige caps..

The blue and grey they used has too much clash... overtime, you'd get really sick of looking at it..

if only they blue shifted the grey they used, or maybe a lighter grey or a graphite blue...  but THAT as it is.. not so fitting.

Offline vElectrixx

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 13:22:41 »

If anyone has this keyboard and is willing to sell me the keycaps, I'd accept that. I'd rather have black than grey, though.

u should probably go with grey mods + beige caps..

The blue and grey they used has too much clash... overtime, you'd get really sick of looking at it..

if only they blue shifted the grey they used, or maybe a lighter grey or a graphite blue...  but THAT as it is.. not so fitting.

I'd rather have blue+black. I just couldn't find an example with the exact color.

Visit the Typing Test

Offline tbc

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 13:41:34 »
you're probably going to need to combine two sets.

just make sure you're getting OEM profile.
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline vElectrixx

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 14:24:44 »

Is that the keycap size/type Ducky uses? If so, thanks!

Visit the Typing Test

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 05 February 2014, 14:25:31 »

Is that the keycap size/type Ducky uses? If so, thanks!

Yes

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 06 February 2014, 11:16:36 »
I would get a white set and dye them... it will be WAY easier to get that color combo that way.