Author Topic: Did Elite keyboards warehouse burn down?  (Read 3217 times)

Offline NorrisB

Did Elite keyboards warehouse burn down?
« on: Sat, 10 November 2018, 20:54:29 »
Not many keyboards for sale on there.

Offline Peripheral Prophet

• Lets change the game
Re: Did Elite keyboards warehouse burn down?
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 11 November 2018, 12:01:22 »
The competition from amazon and others is fierce, they seem like a smaller operation, but not restocking keyboards that others have for sale is not a good way to make money running a business..

I wonder if there was any word on this.
Check out my live build streams on twitch and join my discord! https://discord.gg/QzeSQj2  https://www.twitch.tv/peripheral_installer

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 11 November 2018, 14:41:20 »
In General,  the stuff that Elite Keyboards typically sells, Topre/Filco/Kul  arn't considered Hip/Kewl anymore... 

Too much competition from small brands that drop these $33 mechanicals which are fundamentally just as good.

There's NOTHING in a topre functionally, or qualitywise, which makes it worth $250. 

Remember iphones cost ~$200-300 to build

Keyboards are very LOW TECH sort of thing from the getgo..

Offline intelli78

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 12 November 2018, 12:29:41 »
I think it's pretty much out of business. For a long time they were the exclusive seller of HHKBs and Realforces in the USA, but that deal has clearly fallen apart and unfortunately they didn't keep up with the competition. :(
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 12 November 2018, 13:05:06 »
I think it's pretty much out of business. For a long time they were the exclusive seller of HHKBs and Realforces in the USA, but that deal has clearly fallen apart and unfortunately they didn't keep up with the competition. :(

Incompetence ??

Offline NorrisB

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 12 November 2018, 13:40:20 »

Incompetence ??

Yeah it might be that, that dude is lazy af

Offline BigBlackThock

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 12 November 2018, 14:09:37 »
In General,  the stuff that Elite Keyboards typically sells, Topre/Filco/Kul  arn't considered Hip/Kewl anymore... 

Too much competition from small brands that drop these $33 mechanicals which are fundamentally just as good.

There's NOTHING in a topre functionally, or qualitywise, which makes it worth $250. 

I thought I was reading unpopular keyboard opinions thread for a second there.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 12 November 2018, 17:11:05 »
I thought I was reading unpopular keyboard opinions thread for a second there.

Tp4 bringing y'all Top controversy.

Offline ThoughtArtist

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 13 November 2018, 22:21:24 »

No, it's just that the "gaming peripherals" business is more lucrative than marketing and selling just to keyboarding enthusiasts. They, Corsair and Coolermaster, don't JUST sell keyboards. Once these kewl kids grow up desire more function over flash, the classic styling of Filco and the like will be more appealing. I get a good laugh at looking at these Techtubers who are pushing 40, shilling for Gamer brands to sell to children, making sure they have their lamer RGB monstrosities front and center during all their videos and somehow never having anything but those keyboards from the 2-3 brands they shill for. So lame.

But, about Elite Keyboards, around a year or two ago, they had an active ebay presence and looked like they were selling much of their old stock of refurbs and returns. I lucked out, I suppose and got one of the last new KUL es-87's with MX Clears and another with MX Browns. Great boards.

Too bad the Techtuber shills never give these enthusiast brands any exposure. Maybe then you'd see growing demand from "kewl kids".  Got to suck off the global corporations for their allowance I guess.
« Last Edit: Tue, 13 November 2018, 22:27:00 by ThoughtArtist »

Offline NorrisB

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 16 November 2018, 03:43:43 »

Whats considered hip/cool now?

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 20 November 2018, 04:24:34 »

Whats considered hip/cool now?

Offline DreaMagine

• Head and shoulders, keys and toes
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 20 November 2018, 08:48:42 »
I was actually looking to possibly buy another KUL ES-87 from them the other day as a Christmas gift, but with no stock it's no bueno.

I too waited many months for them to finally get KUL keyboards in stock again so I could get my ES-87 with clears. Checked every week or so but finally I got it.