Author Topic: KTOD - Endgame Keyboards?  (Read 24971 times)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
KTOD - Endgame Keyboards?
« on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 11:24:36 »
Every so often when I talk to people or read the forum, I see this phrase "endgame keyboard". But I never get a sense of what that is.

What does "endgame keyboard mean" to you and what keyboard is your endgame board?

I don't really have one. I've long since resigned to the fact that I like collecting and that there are far too many keyboards and switches out there for me to try and learn about. I have stopped looking at buying anymore buckling spring boards after getting my SSK and 6019284. And I've stopped buying a lot of Alps since I received my Filco Zero and Kingsaver. (Edited because I'm still looking into Alps a lot.) But I don't think there's one board that would make me so happy I'd quit anytime soon.
« Last Edit: Fri, 25 July 2014, 11:53:13 by CPTBadAss »

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
Re: KTOD - Endgame Keyboards?
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 11:27:56 »
Blue alps keyboard with the Lightsaver design and a split spacebar.
Also: Dolch, CMYK/W, and an aluminium housing. (wood is cool too)

That kind of keyboard is only but a dream...
I could get a plate and hardwire a keyboard, but A) I don't have switches, B) I don't have soldering experience, and C) Keycaps would be almost impossible to get a hold of, especially for a split spacebar.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 11:28:17 »
I have always thought of endgame as a state of mind. When you are no longer interested in anymore/have all that you need, such as you having found your endgame buckling springs.

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 11:30:10 »
I have always thought of endgame as a state of mind. When you are no longer interested in anymore/have all that you need, such as you having found your endgame buckling springs.

If buckling springs were things that I could use for a custom layout, I would have included that in my endgame. But I decided to be slightly realistic.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 11:31:02 »
If buckling springs were things that I could use for a custom layout, I would have included that in my endgame. But I decided to be slightly realistic.

wcass turned an XT F into a TKL board. Someone else has as well. You can definitely customize your layout a bit with BS boards.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 11:32:06 »
It means the keyboard I will use the most and has the features I need, most importantly that I enjoy typing on it and will use it and it just works, I don't have a specific board in mind.

As far as my current end game keyboard I am still happy with my Ducky Shine 2 with factory stock clears switches and GMK Dolch caps, however as of a few days ago a few keys don't respond to being pressed :( I would say this board has a good year of 5-6 weekday (8+ hours) of use on it so it was bound to happen.

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 11:33:15 »

wcass turned an XT F into a TKL board. Someone else has as well. You can definitely customize your layout a bit with BS boards.

Not sure if there is a market for split spacebar BS.... But if it is possible I will drop all the moneys.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 11:34:21 »

Not sure if there is a market for split spacebar BS.... But if it is possible I will drop all the moneys.

If you have all the moneys, you can probably get yourself an M15 somewhere...
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 11:37:02 »

If you have all the moneys, you can probably get yourself an M15 somewhere...

Guys... I need help in becoming a millionaire.
I will become a billionaire and make a factory for new m15s WITH EXTERNAL NUMPADS

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 11:43:25 »
To me the phrase means "the keyboard that made me stop buying new keyboards".  Under that definition I guess I don't have one yet, since I have a JD40 and a Yoda coming, but the keyboard I keep coming back to for daily use is my KMAC.  It has 62g lubed blacks and Cherry doubleshots.  I like to call it The Ultimate Linear Experience. ;D

I haven't found a combination of look, sound, and feel that I like better.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 11:45:18 »
Yes, on this we can all agree: the endgame keyboard is hashbaz' KMAC. :D
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 11:45:57 »
It is known.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 11:49:02 »
My endgame keyboard turned out to be my first mech purchase. Until something new and amazing comes out, a QFR is more than enough to satisfy me.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 11:50:45 »
As far as End Game Keyboard, I think it is something that to you looks amazing, feels amazing, works amazing, and you absolutely love it.

I've had many boards I love, they work great, they feel awesome, they look really nice.. But then I end up wanting to try something else.
So either I keep collecting multiple, or I sell/trade to fund a new keyboard goal.

My "End Game board" should be to me soon, Ive been waiting a few months for it. It should be worth the wait.
But also, I have another awesome project coming which may be it.. So tough to decide so I will just collect them all and have many..

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 11:51:12 »
It is known.

I should just lock the thread now. THE HASH HAS SPOKETH

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 12:01:47 »
I think for many of the HHKB cultists (myself included) "endgame" is the HHKB Pro HG Japan edition.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 12:03:47 »
I think for many of the HHKB cultists (myself included) "endgame" is the HHKB Pro HG Japan edition.

Show Image

this
I love Elzy

Offline combataran

« Reply #17 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 12:08:25 »
A 360Corsa is endgame enough for me.
Cherry G80-1000HFD | CM Storm Spawn | Keypuller.com - Key Caps News & Database

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #18 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 12:10:07 »
people throw around 'endgame' too much around here :))
I think it should mean the final keyboard you will be using for a long time...or this
but I've seen plenty of times when someone talks about finding their 'endgame' only to see it up in someone else's hands a few weeks later

for me, reaching endgame or finding that endgame keyboard is still a ways away. I've explored MX a decent amount, but haven't touched F, Topre or Alps (although I don't really have any interest in alps), so I have a decent amount of experimenting left to do before 'settling'

Settling for me will mean having 1-3 keyboards that are my favorite to use, and will be swapped out as daily driver/used in different locations
I'm always going to have a collection of boards but finding those 1-3 that I never get bored of is what I'm going to call 'endgame' for myself as well
I think I'll have one as soon as I finish building my corsa..

Offline nuclearsandwich

« Reply #19 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 12:18:15 »
I find the entire concept of endgame almost antithetical to my enjoyment of this hobby. I like the idea that at some point it'll get way cheaper, but for me the transition isn't about finding The One Keyboard to rule them all, but rather about finding the things to appreciate about all the different keyboards I'll have the opportunity to try out and sharing that with fellow GeekHackers. Besides, One keyboard can't hold all of the things I enjoy. :)

I think the only thing that could become an "endgame" style board for me is getting to design and build my own keyboard from start to finish, PCB to firmware to keycaps colorscheme, and even then, it'll probably just end up in rotation.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #20 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 13:31:16 »
Axios, if it turns out well.
  • Split. Check.
  • Columnar layout. Check.
  • Thumb cluster tenting. Check.
  • Hackable firmware. Check.
  • Doesn't cost a kidney. Check.
  • Open source. Check.
  • Customizable Cherry MX (+ plenty of options for keycaps). Check.
I don't think I need anything else.

edit: Actually, I've missed one thing. Tall thick spherical POM keycaps of variable profiles. Essentially a custom POM SA keycap set. Probably not gonna happen.
« Last Edit: Fri, 25 July 2014, 14:30:45 by davkol »

Offline clacktalk

• CLACKS RULE EVERYTHING AROUND ME
  • circa 2015
« Reply #21 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 14:22:35 »
My endgame keyboard is the keyboard with the switches and functionality that I find the most pleasant/useful, while being undeniably handsome. I've stopped thinking that "endgame" means not purchasing any more keyboards. Just means it's a keyboard that I find the most enjoyment typing on (since it has everything I'm looking for). And the endgame list has to be dynamic because I'm ever-changing; it would be foolish to set anything like a preference in stone. Right now, I think my endgame consists of a 75% 62g w/ clears custom, my HHKB, and a 55g TKL Realforce. I'm really interested in buckling/beam springs, but not as endgame potential.
diary of a clacktalk

franktalk: how much urine have u spilled
radio_killah: too much frank
radio_killah: too much

Offline Defect

• I collect keyboards and keyboard accessories
« Reply #22 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 14:55:51 »
All of them.

Not pictured: KeyCool 84 [MX Red] | Focus 2001 [Complicated White Alps]
Endgame Board | Defect's Watermelon Board Build Doc

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #23 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 14:56:31 »
My end game board is pink 456gt because of some promise I made :rolleyes:
I love Elzy

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #24 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 15:00:58 »
My "end game keyboard" was definitely supposed to be my red LZ-GH I purchased in Feb 2013.  That went exactly according to plan.

Offline StylinGreymon

• Keyboard Hipstar
« Reply #25 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 15:03:12 »
The Duck Viper, in combination with the Duck Light Pad, is looking to be my endgame keyboard.
If today had been a hippo, then you'd really have to worry about tomorrow.

Offline ebacho

« Reply #26 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 16:28:04 »
Every time I tell myself "this is my endgame" I end up buying another keyboard.  I'm up to something like 6 Korean customs and have a bunch of topre stuff in the mail.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #27 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 16:37:26 »
any korean custom

i don't even care which, they're all great
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline divito

« Reply #28 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 19:13:27 »
My endgame keyboard will probably be a fully custom, built from scratch, concoction of everything I could possibly learn/acquire from Geek Hack. I don't expect to get there any time soon.

But then again, I have so many desires and options for types of keyboards that it will probably be several endgame keyboards for me to be satisfied.
Varmilo (MX Grey) KeyCool 87 (MX Clear) Quickfire Stealth (MX Green)

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #29 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 19:31:38 »
I think for me the term "end game keyboard" would mean the one that I buy that would be the last keyboard I buy for actual personal use. 

That being said I would have to say that my end game board would be a buckling springs over PCB with a steel barrel plate in an ergo dox style layout but with the angled thumb cluster on ooblys custom board with stems that allow the use of MX compatible caps.  Customizable firmware via GUI would be great as well.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #30 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 19:37:58 »
My endgame keyboard would definitely be a something mostly made by myself (soldered, all parts sourced), something that would be a culmination of what I've learned here + something that I would invest lots of time and money into. Something along the lines of MX greens, Dolch set, hammer case 60%, some kind of crazy backlighting
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline docwlad

« Reply #31 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 19:38:13 »
I would like a fully programmable topre board. That would be my endgame keyboard. I'm switching back and forth between my FC660C and my GON NS38 just for that reason. I think I'm probably just gonna try and find some good key remapping software to work around it.

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #32 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 20:11:38 »
That being said I would have to say that my end game board would be a buckling springs over PCB
What do you mean over PCB? You mean (Model F style) capacitive instead of (Model M style) membrane?

with a steel barrel plate
This is all IBM buckling spring boards

in an ergo dox style layout
Do you know exactly what layout you want? If so, this is totally possible to do by cannibalizing a Model F for barrels and flippies and then getting custom plates/circuit board, you just need to contract with some sheet metal shop to waterjet cut the steel for you and bend it on a slip roll. And then get one of those capsense controllers some geekhackers are working on (or possibly you can cannibalize the model F for the controller too).

with the angled thumb cluster
Still possible, but starts to get more complicated to design / more expensive to make.

Customizable firmware via GUI would be great as well.
If you handle the physical part, I’m sure someone can help you with the firmware.

with stems that allow the use of MX compatible caps.
This is going to be hard if not impossible.

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #33 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 20:11:50 »
Endgame is when I run out of money  :thumb:

Seriously though, I guess endgame for me is when I have tried every possible switch, and choose the ones I like best out of all of them. At the same time, I feel like I already reached it, in the sense that I have owned and tried many different switches, many different sizes and layouts, type of keycaps and so on. I think I have quite a good idea of what I do and what I do not like and think I picked the keyboards that fit my needs best. Though I will admit that if I had more money to burn, I would also own a keyboard with Topre silent switches.
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #34 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 20:17:10 »
Endgame is when I run out of money  :thumb:

Seriously though, I guess endgame for me is when I have tried every possible switch, and choose the ones I like best out of all of them. At the same time, I feel like I already reached it, in the sense that I have owned and tried many different switches, many different sizes and layouts, type of keycaps and so on. I think I have quite a good idea of what I do and what I do not like and think I picked the keyboards that fit my needs best. Though I will admit that if I had more money to burn, I would also own a keyboard with Topre silent switches.

so..... before or after you end up on the streets.. doing  un-jesus things for ur next keyboard fix

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #35 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 21:46:45 »
Okay, let me take a stab at it.

The more I use the HHKB, the more I find that it is becoming the ultimate keyboard for me. I will always have my IBM collection. And my Filcos. Of course the 60% MX keyboards. One Korean custom (LZ-GH).

But the keyboard I would love to have, that I would use every day, would be a metal cased HHKB with Bluetooth. Endgame indeed. :)

in memoriam

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #36 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 23:16:08 »

The more I use the HHKB, the more I find that it is becoming the ultimate keyboard for me. I will always have my IBM collection. And my Filcos. Of course the 60% MX keyboards. One Korean custom (LZ-GH).

But the keyboard I would love to have, that I would use every day, would be a metal cased HHKB with Bluetooth. Endgame indeed. :)

That does sound pretty ideal..

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #37 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 23:17:57 »

That does sound pretty ideal..

Bluetooth modded Viper, coming right up!   :D

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #38 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 23:22:01 »

But what about the 40% boards?? And LOL your Filcos hehe.

Offline jameslr

« Reply #39 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 23:41:41 »
So far my realforce 87U 55G is my endgame. I want a Duck Viper, but I would primarily use it as my "fun" keyboard, and not my daily driver.
CM Novatouch | Filco MJ2 TKL w/ HID Lib | REΛLFORCE 87U 55g | CM QFR

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #40 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 23:51:54 »
I don't believe in an endgame keyboard.  There will always be something new or different to try, and even then, my tastes may change, and the boards I love will be changed for something different and new to me.  The joy of this hobby to me is all the variety.  I may only have a few boards, but they are all unique and the joy comes from that.  There may be some unicorns out there, but hopefully no real endgame. 
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline intelli78

« Reply #41 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 23:52:35 »
Over time I have found the HHKB to be one of the best keyboards, overall. However, for me, there is no single end game keyboard. I enjoy switching between different keyboards. It's like this: if you had to pick a single favorite food and it eat everyday for the rest of your life, you would quickly grow to hate it. But if you were able to choose many different favorites and rotate between them, you'd be set. same thing with keyboards for me.
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline cphead

« Reply #42 on: Fri, 25 July 2014, 23:53:55 »
Over time I have found the HHKB to be one of the best keyboards, overall. However, for me, there is no single end game keyboard. I enjoy switching between different keyboards. It's like this: if you had to pick a single favorite food and it eat everyday for the rest of your life, you would quickly grow to hate it. But if you were able to choose many different favorites and rotate between them, you'd be set. same thing with keyboards for me.

Much agree. I love my Type-S but if I were to sell off my other boards I wouldn't be happy. How could I give my babies up  :'(

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #43 on: Sat, 26 July 2014, 00:49:20 »
That being said I would have to say that my end game board would be a buckling springs over PCB
What do you mean over PCB? You mean (Model F style) capacitive instead of (Model M style) membrane?
Correct

with a steel barrel plate
This is all IBM buckling spring boards
Model M barrel plates are plastic, the back plate however is steel.

in an ergo dox style layout
Do you know exactly what layout you want? If so, this is totally possible to do by cannibalizing a Model F for barrels and flippies and then getting custom plates/circuit board, you just need to contract with some sheet metal shop to waterjet cut the steel for you and bend it on a slip roll. And then get one of those capsense controllers some geekhackers are working on (or possibly you can cannibalize the model F for the controller too).
I was just meaning physical layout with the staggered column instead of staggered rows.

Still possible, but starts to get more complicated to design / more expensive to make.
That's fine.  For me most of the enjoyment comes form the design and process on getting to the end product.

Customizable firmware via GUI would be great as well.
If you handle the physical part, I’m sure someone can help you with the firmware.
I am currently actually attempting to teach myself programming in hopes of at least being able to write my own firmware though with the capsense I could see needing some help in that aspect.

with stems that allow the use of MX compatible caps.
This is going to be hard if not impossible.
The way I see this working is actually similar to how the IBM caps are a two piece but have the separation in a different location.  Instead of being the bulk of the key with just a cap including the legend it would be the insert with a MX compatible stem for MX caps.  Yes I realize that molds would be very expensive but I wonder how much interest there would actually be for something like this.  I am very curious how say DCS caps would look and feel like when used on a curved plate.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #44 on: Sat, 26 July 2014, 01:00:24 »
The Dell Y-UK-DEL1.

Cheap
Dedicated media controls
Clicky volume knob
USB ports in back
Wide space bar
Browser/email/calculator/etc. buttons
Thin bezel
Looks nice
Pad printed keycaps show only slight wear after using them for like 15 years

Offline intelli78

« Reply #45 on: Sat, 26 July 2014, 01:04:36 »
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #46 on: Sat, 26 July 2014, 01:15:43 »
The Dell Y-UK-DEL1.

Lovely.

It has a nice silver bezel and the media keys glow green.  :(

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #47 on: Sat, 26 July 2014, 02:17:55 »
The Dell Y-UK-DEL1.

Show Image

Cheap
Dedicated media controls
Clicky volume knob
USB ports in back
Wide space bar
Browser/email/calculator/etc. buttons
Thin bezel
Looks nice
Pad printed keycaps show only slight wear after using them for like 15 years

This was the exact board I had before I got my first mech board. I left it at home when I went away to school (September). When I came back (December), it was torturous to use. Only thing I miss about it is the volume knob.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #48 on: Sat, 26 July 2014, 03:14:22 »
That's fine.  For me most of the enjoyment comes form the design and process on getting to the end product.
Okay, but what I mean is, you’re going to have to start welding pieces of metal together, to pretty tight tolerances, which makes this a lot harder to get right. I think it’s more trouble than the advantage you’d get from it. Just splitting the two hands into separate parts and adding some extra thumb keys gets you a huge advantage over existing buckling spring boards. Tipping the thumb keys up is IMO only marginally more beneficial, whereas it’s going to like double the difficulty of the construction.
« Last Edit: Sat, 26 July 2014, 03:18:10 by jacobolus »

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #49 on: Sat, 26 July 2014, 03:19:33 »
Okay, but what I mean is, you’re going to have to start welding pieces of metal together, to pretty tight tolerances, which makes this a lot harder to get right. I think it’s more trouble than the advantage you’d get from it. Just splitting the two hands into separate parts and adding some extra thumb keys gets you a huge advantage over existing buckling spring boards. Tipping the thumb keys up is IMO only marginally more beneficial, whereas it’s going to like double the difficulty making it.

Shouldn't be to hard with my skill set.  I do have a couple sources for access to a TIG welder.  If you are throwing sparks wit TIG, you are doing it wrong.