Author Topic: Le77uce warning  (Read 1977 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Le77uce warning
« on: Wed, 21 June 2023, 09:10:22 »
Tp4 grew lettu(e this spring,  they grow super fast, eating about 1 head a day for a month now, impossible to eat anything else, just 2 much lettu(e, and they just keep growing.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: Le77uce warning
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 21 June 2023, 09:14:45 »
Leafy greens generally dehydrate well, although I haven't tried lettuces specifically.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 21 June 2023, 09:16:46 »
Same goes for Chives,  it's endless. The chives be like, oh you think you can eat all of me, think again, + 2 sqmeters..

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 21 June 2023, 11:48:44 »
What are the benefits of lettuce?  Or do you just like the taste?  I thought it had almost no nutritional value.  I guess it has vitamin A and fiber?
« Last Edit: Wed, 21 June 2023, 12:01:22 by pixelpusher »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 21 June 2023, 12:28:53 »
What are the benefits of lettuce?  Or do you just like the taste?  I thought it had almost no nutritional value.  I guess it has vitamin A and fiber?

There are some lettu(es grown in labs or vertical stacks, with no soil. These test poorly and void like, but normal lettu(e grown in soil is no different than any other green leafy vegetable. Its leaves are very fatty (for a leafy veggie) which is why it's a favorite of rabbits and tortoises. 

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 21 June 2023, 14:18:57 »
It fills you right up without contributing many calories. The clever way to use it is to add mass to dishes that are calorific but not otherwise very filling. In my experience though, people eat most veggies simply because they were raised to think they should even if they don't actually care for it.

Basically most vegatables are a way to dilute the tasty stuff in your food in such a way that you want to eat less of the tasty stuff, which is worse for your health. One hamburger with a bunch of lettuce is healthier for you than two tasty ones.
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 21 June 2023, 16:58:44 »
Green veggies (and legumes) contain folates which helps prevent mutations during cell division, i.e. it protects against cancer.

BTW. I am growing a very small amount of mangold this year, for the first time. But the pollutants in the air around here that get into the leaves probably counteracts any health effects it has.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 21 June 2023, 18:44:40 »
Make lots of thai wraps!