Author Topic: What makes you happy?  (Read 556033 times)

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
Re: What makes you happy?
« Reply #3000 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 13:45:31 »

Cleaning out 6 years of sent/received pms from here

Offline adoringbunny

• ☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*
« Reply #3001 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 13:47:45 »
What's making me happy right now: the weather! Not having a headache is nice, too.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #3002 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 14:37:26 »
I've had to pull up my pants more than a few times today. Although, if I keep losing weight I'll have to wear a belt... so 50/50 of this one I guess.

Offline adoringbunny

« Reply #3003 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 18:16:38 »
I've had to pull up my pants more than a few times today. Although, if I keep losing weight I'll have to wear a belt... so 50/50 of this one I guess.

That is awesome news! Nothing wrong with a belt... Better than your pants falling off!

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #3004 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 18:32:49 »

Belts double as child repellent. "Hey kid stay off my grass" whoooosssssshhhhh crack.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #3005 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 19:33:24 »

Belts double as child repellent. "Hey kid stay off my grass" whoooosssssshhhhh crack.

You may have a good point. There has been an influx of kids on the lawn as of late. Although, belt or super soaker.. decisions..

Offline adoringbunny

« Reply #3006 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 20:58:05 »

You may have a good point. There has been an influx of kids on the lawn as of late. Although, belt or super soaker.. decisions..

Both? Dual wield!  >:D

Offline iri

« Reply #3007 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 10:21:43 »
The world cup is finally over, so I can visit Russia avoiding all this madness.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #3008 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 10:32:12 »
Not much these days.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #3009 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 10:43:07 »
Not much these days.

You've hardly reached nirvana.
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 July 2018, 11:10:39 by romevi »

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #3010 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 10:53:31 »
Hardly.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3011 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 19:25:33 »
I can remember the exact moment the last time I was truly happy. It was 9 years ago in January 2009. I'd lost this job I loved, and all my 'friends' in the process. I'd been working very hard for about 6 months every day drawing, writing, and coding in an attempt to put together a college application for the school of my dreams. Finally, after sending it off and waiting with baited breath to find out what direction the entire rest of my life would take, on that January afternoon I received my letter of acceptance. Boy, I rode that high for days. It felt so good, everything was just a little brighter, and I couldn't wipe that stupid grin off my face. That was the last time I can remember being actually happy.

It's been all down hill since. Nothing worked out in the slightest. In fact some may argue I am worse off now in my current predicament than I was before I made the move and went to school.

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #3012 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 19:44:15 »
I would argue that I've never been truly happy. Looking at my life as a whole, there was no part of it that was especially "bad" but the "good" moments have been pretty far in between. I've always strove to be highly successful and well off and while I do have a great career and all, I'm not "happy". I'd say the last time I was truly happy is when I first met my girlfriend, but then... there's a story to be had for another day.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #3013 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 19:53:38 »
I'm content with who I am as a person. It only took me 30+ years to figure that one out. Some might say I'm stupid for the choices I've made, and that's totally fine. Everyone has the right to make their own incorrect assumptions :))

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3014 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 20:04:56 »
Perhaps you have preconceptions of what happiness looks like that are not congruent with what is happening around you in real life.

I feel real true deep happiness when I see my children obviously feeling good and confident and enjoying themselves, which might happen unexpected at any time.

Transcendent moments sometimes happen for me in music and art, when what I am seeing and hearing coalesces into a perfect meeting point in space and time.

Sometimes I work my way to, or spontaneously experience, a new deep understanding of some important life principle.

Maybe substituting the concept "deep satisfaction" might make it easier to accept, along with the expectation that these will be fleeting experiences rather than long-term states.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3015 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 20:42:31 »
Perhaps you have preconceptions of what happiness looks like that are not congruent with what is happening around you in real life.

I quantify happiness as any time I don't feel angry, numb, or sad for more than a couple hours. And true happiness as that feeling when the majority of your emotions are positive and you get that almost euphoric unbridled feeling of pride and energy without the aid of any substances.

Most of the time I am numb and angry. When I dwell on things then the sadness overtakes. It really is not much fun.
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 July 2018, 20:44:11 by noisyturtle »

Offline iri

« Reply #3016 on: Thu, 19 July 2018, 04:41:58 »
Being at the parents' house. I'm so calm and relaxed now.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #3017 on: Thu, 19 July 2018, 10:17:43 »

Are you a spoiled millennial?

Offline Olumin

• "Guy walks into a doctor's office..."
« Reply #3018 on: Thu, 19 July 2018, 14:30:46 »
- Getting my hair done just right the first try.

- Rain in the morning when I walk to work.

- Having the perfectly to my suit/shirt fitting tie with the first one I try.

- Putting on freshly ironed and/or washed/dry cleaned clothes.

- my favourite meal at the work-canteen (cooked pepper filled with rice/vegetables and tomato sauce)

- Empty streets on my walk to work or back home.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #3019 on: Thu, 19 July 2018, 14:33:58 »
- Getting my hair done just right the first try.

This is exhausting..

Offline iri

« Reply #3020 on: Fri, 20 July 2018, 02:40:03 »

Are you a spoiled millennial?
Eh?

-Ray Bradbury

Offline juntheboon

« Reply #3021 on: Fri, 20 July 2018, 11:09:40 »
i like watching people talk about keebtalk

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #3022 on: Sat, 21 July 2018, 02:22:21 »
Getting to work at home and getting the garage cleaned up enough to work on stuff again.

I have had this sheet of aluminum for far to long. At least a year.

Either way, things are about to happen.200388-0
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline Senthura

• Your Doom
« Reply #3023 on: Tue, 24 July 2018, 02:04:43 »
A perfectly terminated network cable, especially when I did it

A Hanging Thief robber fly saving me from a nasty wasp repeatedly and wasting it with its stabber

Gluten free food that doesn’t suck because I love food still and just because I can’t have it doesn’t mean I don’t want it
Ducky Shine 3 TKL Blue switch & Green backlight

Offline redleaf

« Reply #3024 on: Wed, 25 July 2018, 17:35:41 »
Being able to fix my broken electronics without making them worse.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3025 on: Wed, 25 July 2018, 20:13:23 »
Well it has been 4 weeks to the day since I last had a drink, ciggy, or weed. So feeling I have proven my point to myself I am going to get stoned right now  :cool:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3026 on: Wed, 25 July 2018, 21:22:51 »
Well it has been 4 weeks to the day since I last had a drink, ciggy, or weed. So feeling I have proven my point to myself I am going to get stoned right now  :cool:

Noisyturtle's wanton behavior makes Tp4 want to take up cigarettes

Offline Ephemeral

« Reply #3027 on: Thu, 16 August 2018, 09:57:17 »
Did 72 push-ups and 90 sit-ups on my PT test. Felt good.  ;D
Collection:
More
E6.5 (Lubed 50g MX Blacks) | Preonic (55g MX Clears) | CA66 (Zealios V2 65g) | budget96 (MX Red) | Infinity 60% (Zealios 78g) | Phantom TKL (Gateron Black) | MiniVan (Zealios 78g) | Helix (?)
[Incoming: Polaris (?) |  KBDFans 8X Mk II (v2 Tealios)]

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3028 on: Thu, 16 August 2018, 10:16:07 »

Real Push-ups.. Or wingin' it pushups.. !!??

Offline Ephemeral

« Reply #3029 on: Thu, 16 August 2018, 10:18:24 »

Real Push-ups.. Or wingin' it pushups.. !!??

Show Image

Real. It’s the Army, they won’t count them if you got some slop in your form.
Collection:
More
E6.5 (Lubed 50g MX Blacks) | Preonic (55g MX Clears) | CA66 (Zealios V2 65g) | budget96 (MX Red) | Infinity 60% (Zealios 78g) | Phantom TKL (Gateron Black) | MiniVan (Zealios 78g) | Helix (?)

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #3030 on: Thu, 16 August 2018, 11:05:05 »
I did 160 crunches for the Marines.  ;)

Offline Ephemeral

« Reply #3031 on: Thu, 16 August 2018, 11:16:00 »
I did 160 crunches for the Marines.  ;)

Dude nice. In two minutes?
The most I’ve ever been able to cram in those two minutes was 102.
I feel like if I do it any faster I’ll get whiplash.  :))
Collection:
More

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #3032 on: Thu, 16 August 2018, 11:22:58 »
USMC PT is three minutes with a minimum pass of 80 I think (it's been a long time though so I don't remember).

Offline Ephemeral

« Reply #3033 on: Thu, 16 August 2018, 11:36:04 »
USMC PT is three minutes with a minimum pass of 80 I think (it's been a long time though so I don't remember).

Still really impressive. 60/min is better than what I’m chugging out.
I’m Army National Guard, still in RSP for this month before I leave on the 29th.
I don’t see anyone putting out these kinds of numbers unfortunately.
Luckily I got into a unit with my weightlifting buddies, so I’m glad I won’t be surrounded by a bunch of dudes that don’t care.
Collection:
More

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #3034 on: Wed, 22 August 2018, 05:54:28 »
I just won a Noble desk chair signed by Smooya  ;D ;D
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3035 on: Thu, 23 August 2018, 14:15:04 »
Just came home from a nice little vacation on the East Coast. It was exactly what my brain needed to de-stress and relax after these last three months of incredible stress and consistent weighty threat of impending doom. Got to see my rapidly aging but absolutely lovely parents, and had a wonderful time taking in the cultural sights, locals, and especially food of two wonderful cities. I'll tell ya, I've eaten better in the last week than I have in the last year.
For the first time in a long time I feel kinda happy and positive about the near-future. Everything is going to work out just fine.  :D

Offline iri

« Reply #3036 on: Thu, 23 August 2018, 14:53:47 »
Just came home from a nice little vacation on the East Coast. It was exactly what my brain needed to de-stress and relax after these last three months of incredible stress and consistent weighty threat of impending doom. Got to see my rapidly aging but absolutely lovely parents, and had a wonderful time taking in the cultural sights, locals, and especially food of two wonderful cities. I'll tell ya, I've eaten better in the last week than I have in the last year.
For the first time in a long time I feel kinda happy and positive about the near-future. Everything is going to work out just fine.  :D
Wow, Noisyturtle is happy!!!

-Ray Bradbury

Offline duckboi

« Reply #3037 on: Thu, 23 August 2018, 15:39:05 »
I'd say having the keyset that I've been working on for a while finally go into group buy is making me pretty amped!

also my Norbaforce!  ;D
The m0ar empty you feel,  the m0ar space for Keycaps..

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #3038 on: Fri, 24 August 2018, 10:44:29 »
That some people care enough about me to go out of their way and dig through my post history to stir up drama.

« Last Edit: Fri, 24 August 2018, 10:52:58 by dgneo »

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #3039 on: Fri, 24 August 2018, 11:55:36 »
That some people care enough about me to go out of their way and dig through my post history to stir up drama.

Show Image

That happened to me while I was playing an MMORPG. Though the folks envolved somehow dug up posts from my Facebook account.

It helps if you're already a freak and you totally expect that sort of thing to happen.

Heck, eventually you'll learn to control it by placing posts for their amusement on purpose, because people like that are usually very predictable.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3040 on: Fri, 24 August 2018, 11:58:11 »

Show Image

That happened to me while I was playing an MMORPG. Though the folks envolved somehow dug up posts from my Facebook account.

It helps if you're already a freak and you totally expect that sort of thing to happen.

Heck, eventually you'll learn to control it by placing posts for their amusement on purpose, because people like that are usually very predictable.

This is only useful if stalked by Females..

Otherwise, it's unwanted attention

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #3041 on: Fri, 24 August 2018, 12:05:44 »

Show Image

This is only useful if stalked by Females..

Otherwise, it's unwanted attention

You raise a good point. Though, I'd be wary of that attention as well.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3042 on: Fri, 24 August 2018, 12:20:24 »
It's Qanon trying to prove humor and jokes don't exist, and everything is merely just a statement. Jokes don't exist, didn't you know?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3043 on: Fri, 24 August 2018, 12:20:49 »

Not everyone can be choosers like the mighty-attractive csmertx..

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #3044 on: Fri, 24 August 2018, 12:34:51 »

Not everyone can be choosers like the mighty-attractive csmertx..

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #3045 on: Fri, 24 August 2018, 13:05:38 »
People can find my information easily enough, but I still obfuscate my real address and email address when possible. Anyone I don't know well gets my PO Box address.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3046 on: Fri, 24 August 2018, 16:13:03 »
People can find my information easily enough, but I still obfuscate my real address and email address when possible. Anyone I don't know well gets my PO Box address.

Tp4 is be @ ur front door in 3 minutes..  Please have watermelon and burritos Rdy !!

Offline Ephemeral

« Reply #3047 on: Sat, 25 August 2018, 22:17:17 »
Went out with the boys tonight.
Went to the gun show, parked for free and got discounts on ammo.
Then to our favorite restaurant. The waitress that always remembers me made my drinks free.
After that, to a local vinyl shop and got a free poster signed by Ghostface Killah because I guess his manager knows the shop.
The card reader at the parking garage didn't read my card so they let us go free.

Good weekend.
Collection:
More

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #3048 on: Sun, 26 August 2018, 17:17:51 »
openntpd

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3049 on: Sun, 26 August 2018, 20:48:28 »
Went out with the boys tonight.
Went to the gun show, parked for free and got discounts on ammo.
Then to our favorite restaurant. The waitress that always remembers me made my drinks free.
After that, to a local vinyl shop and got a free poster signed by Ghostface Killah because I guess his manager knows the shop.
The card reader at the parking garage didn't read my card so they let us go free.

Good weekend.

Free, free, free.  I gotta go out with Ephemeral sometime...