Author Topic: Did y'all see -The Spy Who Dumped Me- ?  (Read 1722 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Did y'all see -The Spy Who Dumped Me- ?
« on: Mon, 29 October 2018, 16:44:23 »
Sigh....

It's fantastic that hollywood is using more realistic looking women in the big films.

But here's the thing..

If the movie's got a bad script, (most j-bond movies) for xmp, we at least get good CGI/Special effects, Beautiful Actors/Actresses, great action scenes. .

That movie is Balanced for the $10 a moviegoer forgoes..

However, you can't have a bad script, cheap special effects AND homely looking actresses all in one film.. That is a ridiculous product.. !!

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Re: Did y'all see -The Spy Who Dumped Me- ?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 29 October 2018, 17:01:28 »
The movie was ****ing awful and unfunny the entire way through. Who gives a **** who was cast and how they look, the script was simply unfunny.

Same exact thing happened w/ Ghostbusters(remake) everyone praised it because it was all regular looking women (non-hollywood amazing looking, because when I go to see a movie I want everyone to look regular, boring, and unattractive) but the truth is the script was garbage and completely unfunny. It took months for the non-controversy of the recasting to die down before people finally admitted it was just a bad movie.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 29 October 2018, 17:08:36 »
The movie was ****ing awful and unfunny the entire way through. Who gives a **** who was cast and how they look, the script was simply unfunny.

Same exact thing happened w/ Ghostbusters(remake) everyone praised it because it was all regular looking women (non-hollywood amazing looking, because when I go to see a movie I want everyone to look regular, boring, and unattractive) but the truth is the script was garbage and completely unfunny. It took months for the non-controversy of the recasting to die down before people finally admitted it was just a bad movie.

I agree bad script, bad acting, bad cast, but The CGI visuals in Ghost busters were fantastic.. so you get your money's worth SOMEWHERE along the line..

Unlike -The spywhodumpedme.. - which is just flat in every regard.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 29 October 2018, 17:26:38 »
They need to make more films like Hocus Pocus and Witches Of Eastwick that let women play an ensemble of entertaining and out-there characters instead of more movies that play into this boring "this is the modern woman" stereotypes. That's the real problem with movies that have a female-heavy cast, they are these cartoonish examples of what a woman is supposed to be, so these movies just wind up casting them in these stale roles instead of as actual characters. Most of the time they just play exaggerated versions of themselves, which is unfair, especially since these types of films usually act like they are moving women's rights forward which they are doing the opposite of. Saying women cannot carry a film as characters, only as women as a concept.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 29 October 2018, 17:38:07 »
idk I feel like the games chosen for the Playstation Classic are all C and D tier PS1 games. The only two main attractions on there are MGS and FF7, maybe Sony blew the entire licencing budget on those two. This list of games ****ing sucks compared to what the PS1  library has to offer, sorry Sony. Most people will only get this for MGS and FF7, both you could get legit versions for much less than $100

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/10/29/announcing-playstation-classics-full-lineup-of-20-games/

They need to make more films like Hocus Pocus and Witches Of Eastwick that let women play an ensemble of entertaining and out-there characters instead of more movies that play into this boring "this is the modern woman" stereotypes. That's the real problem with movies that have a female-heavy cast, they are these cartoonish examples of what a woman is supposed to be, so these movies just wind up casting them in these stale roles instead of as actual characters. Most of the time they just play exaggerated versions of themselves, which is unfair, especially since these types of films usually act like they are moving women's rights forward which they are doing the opposite of. Saying women cannot carry a film as characters, only as women as a concept.

Well, the spywhodme is directed and written by a woman.. So, I mean, we can't presume to know other women think ^^That^^ about women of this film,  but heck, this is why our ratio makes this topic difficult.. nearly no female voice on gekha..

Where is lesliann, she has to watch this terrible movie, and discuss gender politics with us.