Author Topic: Bringing SSD, HHD and GPU on-board handluggage on plane.  (Read 929 times)

Offline Naweo

Bringing SSD, HHD and GPU on-board handluggage on plane.
« on: Wed, 17 February 2021, 12:13:18 »
Hey there! Is there anything I need to make precautions of in terms of packing my SSD, GPU and HHD from previous PC to board a plane and move to another country?

So far I will pack GPU in static paper as well as the SSD/HDD, then wrap it with clothes and just not throw my bag onto the bin.

Anything else?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: Bringing SSD, HHD and GPU on-board handluggage on plane.
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 17 February 2021, 12:50:22 »
It's fine,  they might wipe it down with their chemical test paper to chk for xplosiv0z, but that's it. if ur not a terr0rista , you don't need to worry.

If you don't have the box, consider taking the big boards as carry on, they're not as delicate with your stuff as you would be.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
Re: Bringing SSD, HHD and GPU on-board handluggage on plane.
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 17 February 2021, 20:49:27 »
You can literally throw the ssd into your bag and not worry about it. Static is rarely an issue with them.

HDD and GPU wrap in anti-static then bubble wrap.
If you have a lot of impossible to replace stuff I'd consider paying for a service like Google or Backblaze for a month and back up the drive that way or leave a duplicate with a friend just in case something happens to it they can slowly upload the data back to you. This could be done in chunks by using an alternate Google or Mega account, fill it, copy it off, then dump it and fill it again. It would take a while but it's free.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion