Author Topic: Sennheiser vs Apple  (Read 1422 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Sennheiser vs Apple
« on: Sun, 07 November 2021, 19:59:48 »
Sennheiser must be looking at apple's airpod and airpod max going,  Son'o'f'bitt..  How can we compete with that...

It's the audio industry's own fault for snake oiling it up for decades but still... LOL

Offline yui

Re: Sennheiser vs Apple
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 08 November 2021, 02:58:58 »
as far as i heard the new airpods and max are only at the limit of decent for audio quality, and very overpriced, never have been hands on with them, and not liking wireless makes me not that interested but from the review i saw does not look great.
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 08 November 2021, 05:24:01 »
Only insufferable hipsters use AirPod Max. Most other people wouldn't be caught dead wearing them.
Sennheiser could compete with:
 - a better design
 - a better user interface
 - a better price

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 08 November 2021, 06:44:48 »

Well, what ever each of our "anti-hispter" minds conjure up, there are 100+ hipsters making them fly off shelves.

Clearly the market has decided.

Offline Sniping

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 08 November 2021, 12:53:55 »
i see very few people using airpod max. i think the airpod pro is actually great. they're sub 200 on sale, the anc is top notch and it's perfectly integrated with the apple environment, and the concept with the charging case makes them really good to use on the daily. there's much stiffer competition in the headphone market with options like the sony xm4 going for 250 which seems to be a pretty popular choice from my anecdotal observations. as far as i'm concerned though, there's no decent competitor to the airpod lineup, on imitators. those galaxy buds look so damn weird. 

anyway, tangentially related is that i recently bought the hifiman deva pro to replace my original hifi headphones, the hifiman he-400. bluetooth hifi is a game changer and i've gotten so much more listening time in from just not being tethered to my usual setup. it's a completely different use case than these noise cancelling products mind you. i'm pretty happy with it.

Offline MIGHTY CHICKEN

• buck buck, cluck cluck, squawk squawk
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 08 November 2021, 15:15:01 »
I like the max a lot, but I wouldn't pay for them, they were very nice for the 3 weeks that I had them

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 08 November 2021, 19:04:01 »
For introducing a new product one should always attempt for one of the following to attract the general population and win market share

Simplicity (ease of use), cost, accessibility (new market)
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!