Author Topic: Best way to label un-labelled ErgoDox keyboard  (Read 2125 times)

Offline patrickfallon

Best way to label un-labelled ErgoDox keyboard
« on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 16:16:44 »
Hi all,

I am new to the world of keyboard enthusiasts, looking at getting an ErgoDox EZ Snow keyboard, was going to get the printed version but I just discovered the un-labelled keycap version has contoured keycaps that sound like they're a lot more comfortable.
I'm a touch typist but do type out of context and would like to label the keys in some way even if it's only temporary.  I'm guessing that putting stickers on there may compromise the feel of the keys, just wondering if anybody out there who has been down this road could share some wisdom...
And any feedback on the ErgoDox would be most welcome.  I'm looking at getting it for better ergonomics, I have broad shoulders that are rounded from too much mountain biking, driving and typing and I'm trying to correct my posture.  Will be used on a Mac.  Cheers in advance!

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
Re: Best way to label un-labelled ErgoDox keyboard
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 16:50:15 »
contoured keycaps don't make a big a difference as you think, it's mostly about typing angle

buy the tenting kit with it and get the printed version

you'll have a better time
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: Best way to label un-labelled ErgoDox keyboard
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 19:16:33 »
I don't use labels, because on the ergodox, you end up reconfiguring nearly all the special key and many of the alphabet set as well..

So, in the end, labels don't mean much..

You can use those semi transparent gold lettered plastic keyboard stickers..  They look pretty good on white keycaps..  but they probably wouldnt fit dished caps well,

But overall,  TENTING is the most improtant aspect to ergonomic keyboarding.. 55 degrees.. is the ideal maximum having to add weights to your keyboard.