Author Topic: Your Worst Culinary Feat..  (Read 2103 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Your Worst Culinary Feat..
« on: Sun, 21 May 2017, 19:44:11 »
Today...

Tp4 made Didn't-Go-Shopping Soup :

Cilantro 1/2 cup chopped

Parsley 1/2 cup chopped

Bokchoy 2 cup chopped

String bean 1/4 cup chopped

Red wine 3/4 cup

Water 2 cup

Silken Tofu 1 block 500grams, ~2.5 cup

Taste Review:

Something between Rotten shellfish... and blood pudding..   

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: Your Worst Culinary Feat..
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 21 May 2017, 19:50:30 »
No fish sauce?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 21 May 2017, 19:51:46 »
No fish sauce?

didn't need it.. I think the parsley + red wine came together to form shellfish..

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 21 May 2017, 19:55:30 »
Decent soup needs a base. There has to be a rich underlying flavor of something, a chopped browned onion would have made all the difference. Even a spoonful of minced onion flakes browned briefly in oil can add surprising body.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline mBass

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 21 May 2017, 19:58:49 »
Peanut butter and jelly dogs. I had seen some monte christo dogs on a food show so I figured I'd just try the ghetto version. Was not prepared for how gross the pb and Nathan's would taste together. In retrospect, it should have been obvious but I was more worried about the jelly.  Honorable mention goes to cheerios with pepsi instead of milk. I was just a stupid kid when I had that brilliant idea though.

Offline gnmar2723

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 21 May 2017, 20:43:51 »
Peanut butter and jelly dogs. I had seen some monte christo dogs on a food show so I figured I'd just try the ghetto version. Was not prepared for how gross the pb and Nathan's would taste together. In retrospect, it should have been obvious but I was more worried about the jelly.  Honorable mention goes to cheerios with pepsi instead of milk. I was just a stupid kid when I had that brilliant idea though.

One time I was so groggy I think I put apple juice on my honey nut cheerios. It actually tasted alright for the first few bites.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 21 May 2017, 20:46:35 »

One time I was so groggy I think I put apple juice on my honey nut cheerios. It actually tasted alright for the first few bites.

Tp4 haz made oatmeal with apple juice.. 

That sounds fairly similar..

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 22 May 2017, 00:39:14 »
Once had half a kilo of leftover chicken meat that I forgot I had. Found it two weeks later when people complained of the smell in the fridge. It had turned grey and was sitting in a pool of pink slime. But, student frugality, so I boiled it for four hours and made chicken soup out of it.
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 22 May 2017, 01:32:15 »
Once had half a kilo of leftover chicken meat that I forgot I had. Found it two weeks later when people complained of the smell in the fridge. It had turned grey and was sitting in a pool of pink slime. But, student frugality, so I boiled it for four hours and made chicken soup out of it.

You win. I think I wanna vomit

Offline mBass

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 22 May 2017, 01:51:11 »

The Pepsi cereal was surprisingly less offensive than it had any right to be as well. (Again, kid taste buds)  Things went downhill pretty quickly when the Pepsi started getting flat and the cheerios started getting soggy though.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 22 May 2017, 02:14:41 »
Should have put more wine in it... but after you finished cooking.

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 22 May 2017, 02:40:06 »
so....u actually cooked?
sounds wrong to me from the beginning

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 22 May 2017, 03:01:28 »

You win. I think I wanna vomit
Wasn't that bad actually. Had a distinct cadavery tange to it.
Check my keyboard video reviews: