Author Topic: No fun allowed on reddit  (Read 1329 times)

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
No fun allowed on reddit
« on: Wed, 20 July 2022, 16:39:45 »
Sharing this thread I saw for the gold that are the comments. People like this are why I left reddit in the first place. Can't have fun when announcing a sale/new business direction, no, no. You have to kiss the feet of the MX gods that are 100% responsible for your millions of dollars you totally made.
https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/w3vvz3/vendor_going_out_of_business_factory_price/
I ain't one for calling people clowns, what with me being, well, me, but this is an entire ****ing circus on display.
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty... Yeah that seems about right.
"Ask your mother how good I can use more than two fingers." - Caesar, 2023

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: No fun allowed on reddit
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 20 July 2022, 17:06:59 »
so they clickbait a title to put on a sale using some sort of faux story ? what is happening ?

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 20 July 2022, 17:20:21 »
so they clickbait a title to put on a sale using some sort of faux story ? what is happening ?
They made a couple jokes about things that they've done in past like running sets that are still in color matching or running some group buys, but the clickbait comes from the part where they're not going out of business but going out of business with MX style switches and going back to their low profile roots. No faked story here, just a bit of clickbait and people getting pissy because reddit.
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty... Yeah that seems about right.

Offline AuthenticDanger

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 20 July 2022, 17:41:52 »
No faked story here, just a bit of clickbait and people getting pissy because reddit.

Only fake thing I saw was claiming to both invent foam for keyboards and that it's a standard feature on most builds.
F Keys belong on the left.

Offline MKUltraCorp

• MKUltra Corporation
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 21 July 2022, 23:52:28 »
To be clear, I said I introduced it - there were no commercially available foam inserts being sold before I started it. As for the standard build - at least 50% of any new offerings in IC or GB are including foam. This is fact.

As to the post removal, not the end of the world. It was up for 3 hours and pulled in over 100 orders, so I'd say it was worth it. I wasn't expecting it to be pulled and had no intention of causing such drama, but some people like putting salt in people's cheerios for whatever reason. Sensational titles had never been an issue with my past posts and although the mods expect people will read a short novel every time they change the rules, it happens way too often for people to keep up with, as you can see here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/wiki/revisions/rules/rules/ (note the recent rules change by the very person who deleted the post and banned me for a month - coincidence or conspiracy?)

This is like expecting people to actually read 17 pages of terms and conditions before clicking accept - it just doesn't happen. Lesson learned and won't happen again.

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 22 July 2022, 14:51:06 »
To be clear, I said I introduced it - there were no commercially available foam inserts being sold before I started it. As for the standard build - at least 50% of any new offerings in IC or GB are including foam. This is fact.

As to the post removal, not the end of the world. It was up for 3 hours and pulled in over 100 orders, so I'd say it was worth it. I wasn't expecting it to be pulled and had no intention of causing such drama, but some people like putting salt in people's cheerios for whatever reason. Sensational titles had never been an issue with my past posts and although the mods expect people will read a short novel every time they change the rules, it happens way too often for people to keep up with, as you can see here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/wiki/revisions/rules/rules/ (note the recent rules change by the very person who deleted the post and banned me for a month - coincidence or conspiracy?)

This is like expecting people to actually read 17 pages of terms and conditions before clicking accept - it just doesn't happen. Lesson learned and won't happen again.
Changing the rules and then retroactively banning a user for something that was not an issue but people made it one? Yep, sounds like reddit. Sorry about that man, hopefully the low profile lifestyle goes well.