Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4196795 times)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #29050 on: Wed, 15 December 2021, 17:03:38 »
Digital/ Online training. Actually worse than useless. I come out of online training angrier, more tense, and more frustrated than when I go in.
100% of the time. I learn nothing, and just get angry at the redundancy and waste of time when I could actually be learning on the job.

Offline Faceman76

« Reply #29051 on: Wed, 15 December 2021, 17:07:41 »
Almost everyone I know spends their time trying to get through the course faster or skip through sections completely.  The last one I took played at 2.0x speed the entire time. 

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

TKC 1800, Crystal Box Navy, Sprit 100g

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #29052 on: Thu, 16 December 2021, 03:04:09 »
Pounding headache, dry throat, tiredness...  Off for a PCR shortly, the booking form makes you lose the will to live but thankfully I have access to a car as that means I only have to go 3 miles.  If I didn't it was 8 and I don't even think there's pavement for half of that (it's in the next town!)
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #29053 on: Thu, 16 December 2021, 07:39:37 »
Pounding headache, dry throat, tiredness...  Off for a PCR shortly, the booking form makes you lose the will to live but thankfully I have access to a car as that means I only have to go 3 miles.  If I didn't it was 8 and I don't even think there's pavement for half of that (it's in the next town!)

Could just be the AC drying out the air + too much salt.

Offline yui

« Reply #29054 on: Thu, 16 December 2021, 08:09:16 »
i am lucky that there was a drive through PCR 500m away from were i live, and i saw more than once kids on foot there getting tested, now that it is not longer free though it is done either at pharmacies or by nurses. and there are both about 200m away from me.
either way better knowing than spreading and hoping you feel better soon.

what is bothering me is that now that i quit on the 23rd i went from having almost nothing to do to having way to much work, and having some that have to do with the girl i hurt, so it hurts... i guess this was to be expected
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #29055 on: Thu, 16 December 2021, 10:15:27 »
Could just be the AC drying out the air + too much salt.
AC?  Even if there was any (not even in most shops here) it's Winter so it would be turned off.  Slept an extra night already today, only online now to update work then going back to bed.  I'm definitely ill, other than covid this summer the last time I was off work ill was when swine flu was supposedly going to end the world and I didn't even have that, I just coughed or sneezed (don't remember which was supposed to show it) 3 times in a morning and was sent home for 3 days.

i am lucky that there was a drive through PCR 500m away from were i live, and i saw more than once kids on foot there getting tested
How sensible.  Here the "drive through" doesn't even allow motorbikes or convertibles!

Congrats on getting out of your hellish workplace, I hope you have something better lined up for the new year.  And if you do you don't need to work too hard no matter how big the pile gets as they already gave you a reference :thumb:
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #29056 on: Thu, 16 December 2021, 13:49:13 »
In the US we usually refer to HVAC (heating, ventilation, air conditioning) as a singular grouping.
Heating in winter dries out the air even more than AC does in summer.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29057 on: Thu, 16 December 2021, 15:07:05 »
So tp4 just wants a black screen for the welcome/login screen..

And u know what,  can't have it, because there's some weird overlay going on.  It's Grey even when you tell it to use a black image.

Just SIMPLE things like this..  God damn it windoz.

Offline yui

« Reply #29058 on: Fri, 17 December 2021, 03:47:51 »
How sensible.  Here the "drive through" doesn't even allow motorbikes or convertibles!

Congrats on getting out of your hellish workplace, I hope you have something better lined up for the new year.  And if you do you don't need to work too hard no matter how big the pile gets as they already gave you a reference :thumb:
make sense for a drive through though, to be fair with them.
and it was only hellish because of 3 out of 250+ peoples... still annoys me that those 3 will not lose anything in the process, while the others will, so yeah. and my plans for the new year is to open my own computer repair shop, specialized in old equipment. will see how it goes.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #29059 on: Fri, 17 December 2021, 04:41:54 »
it was only hellish because of 3 out of 250+ peoples... still annoys me that those 3 will not lose anything in the process
Maybe an e-mail to the big boss would help you conscience?

"You don't know me but I worked in your XXXX department.  I would have loved to stay but my manager is a tyrannical psychopath and HR are as much use as chewed string so I have no choice but to leave for my own mental health.  I am writing this in the hope you don't make my colleagues suffer as I have, if you would like to discuss the matter my contact details are below"

You're lucky to be in a position to go it alone - sounds fun!
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline yui

« Reply #29060 on: Fri, 17 December 2021, 05:00:16 »
well we were 5 in the service when she got the management role, next month there are only 2 left and there are talks of dissolving the service altogether, managed to make 2/5 peoples complain about her and one just left. but either way i needed to quit for the issue of the peoples i had hurt and i could not really stand forcing my presence onto them much longer.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #29061 on: Sun, 19 December 2021, 14:44:29 »
Still don't feel 100% but could work tomorrow, would be great to get out of the house and finish preparing for Christmas.  Except I still haven't heard back on my PCR test so have to stay home.  If you're only allowed to self certify sickness for 5 days and can't see a GP without getting a clean covid test what do I do if I don't get the result tomorrow?  Not allowed to chase it until 5 days which I assume starts at the time of the test, so that's 4.5 hours after I should have started work on Tuesday :confused:
« Last Edit: Sun, 19 December 2021, 14:46:14 by suicidal_orange »
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #29063 on: Sun, 19 December 2021, 16:22:15 »
I'm not that lucky.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #29064 on: Mon, 20 December 2021, 01:03:59 »
Manager scheduled me for Christmas eve, solo, without asking, and I don't even make time and a half that night.

Offline yui

« Reply #29065 on: Mon, 20 December 2021, 04:16:09 »
Manager scheduled me for Christmas eve, solo, without asking, and I don't even make time and a half that night.
agreed, that is an ******* move...

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #29066 on: Mon, 20 December 2021, 04:53:17 »
Nice, no hangover on Christmas day for you (trying to look on the bright side!) and hopefully that means you're off the hook for New Year?
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #29067 on: Mon, 20 December 2021, 05:19:25 »
Just found out the lady in the office at work went for a PCR the same place I did but 30 hours later and she got her result on Saturday while I'm still waiting.  So either the lab is incompetent and has lost my test or they didn't finish Thursday's before burying them with Friday's tests, or I'm positive and it's gone for variant testing and they don't think that's something I need to know because I have to stay home until told otherwise.  I welcome alternative explanations, preferably one that can shift my mindset from "poor me"
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline yui

« Reply #29068 on: Mon, 20 December 2021, 06:53:57 »
it is tested in batches, if lucky there is no one sick in the 1st batch but if you are not you could be part of the last stage. or they forgot, it happened to me once too, although here it is 24h, and we do not get any time off for symptoms, only for proven contact with someone positive, so could be worse :)

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #29069 on: Mon, 20 December 2021, 07:10:03 »
You say time off for symptoms as if it's a good thing - for others who could catch it from me it is but not so much for me.  For the first three days off I get no pay then nowhere near enough to live on (new job so no proper sick pay yet) and as the lady in the office got an "instant" result it surely looks like I'm making it up.  I was asleep for about 20 hours on Thursday and Friday though so covid or not there's no way I could have gone to work.

So if all tests are negative they close the batch and send notifications, if not all get delayed?  Doesn't sound like a great system, though without knowing what's involved in the testing and how long it takes my opinion is worthless.  Hopefully they didn't forget me otherwise I guess I have to get another test and wait again :mad:
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #29070 on: Mon, 20 December 2021, 09:38:55 »
Finally got my results - it's not covid.  That's bothering on so many levels.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #29072 on: Mon, 20 December 2021, 11:04:47 »

That's bothering on so many levels.

So true. Testing is great for getting a singular snapshot of a particular moment in time, but then how do you know that you weren't exposed on the way out the door just after the test?

Any test that takes minutes or hours is infinitely preferable to one that takes days or weeks.

I have endeavored to stay safe with mask, distancing, vaccinations, etc, but have not been tested. On the other hand, those measures seem to have kept me safe from the usual colds, coughs, sore throats, etc, of the winter season.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #29073 on: Mon, 20 December 2021, 11:51:52 »
living = torture ?

That's too extreme, I'd say my life is like wearing a blindfold and sandals on a gravel path.  It's aimless with a near constant stream of mild annoyances.

New years resolutions: find myself mental help and start the timer by taking out life insurance.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #29074 on: Mon, 20 December 2021, 12:11:37 »
how do you know that you weren't exposed on the way out the door just after the test?

Because I didn't leave my car then came straight home and haven't left since.  Of course I could have been infected the day before the test and it didn't show up yet, and now I'm free to go out in the world and spread it reassured by the negative test...

Level 1 - is the test accurate?
Level 2 - why'd it take so long?!
Level 3 - if it's not covid what is it?
Level 4 - am I really getting old and have to worry about "winter illnesses"?  This is my first time missing work through illness aside from Covid in the summer and other than the mind-bending alleged UTI in 2019 I just don't (didn't?) get ill.  This is very bothering.

I have endeavored to stay safe with mask, distancing, vaccinations, etc, but have not been tested.
I wouldn't have got tested either unless I had symptoms.  I guess if 1/3 have no symptoms this is a bad attitude but if we're doing everything else we should be ok.  Needless to say I will be wearing my mask tomorrow at work given that people will surely come and see if I'm "feeling better" which I'm not really, but my balance has returned and I have not been back to sleep today so may as well get paid.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline iri

« Reply #29075 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 09:37:19 »
I've had a negative result two days ago

Then I had to do another test (PCR) today

Now I have to self-isolate until I get the results

:(
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #29076 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 10:03:58 »
^ Crazy isn't it, but who knows what you did in those two days - you might have it now!  Seriously though I hope they don't forget about your test and waste your whole week.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline iri

« Reply #29077 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 10:36:16 »
who knows what you did in those two days
a British thing of not using sunscreen in sunny weather on the 27th parallel north lol
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline yui

« Reply #29078 on: Wed, 22 December 2021, 03:39:46 »
yesterday went back to work to finish some things and learnt that i had hurt Aurore much more than i thought... so now i am sick and want to kill myself. should not have tried to help them...
the worst about it is that my manager was right in a way, should i had done it i would not have hurt everyone, so she would be fine and i would not be suffering either.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #29079 on: Wed, 22 December 2021, 09:57:11 »
Did your friendly manager give you that update?  Is it even true?  Even if you did as long as your intentions were good you have nothing to feel bad about, some people are just weird/oversensitive and you can't do anything about that.  You're gone now and will soon be forgotten.

As for you someone will definitely be hurt if you do kill yourself so you can't do that (I speak from experience) so for their sake you need to put on a happy face for a week or so then hopefully come the new year you'll have something to be genuinely happy about.  Or you'll be well practised and happy face mode will be second nature.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline yui

« Reply #29080 on: Wed, 22 December 2021, 12:01:46 »
nah that i never saw that manager again, it was while talking with peoples that know here from after i had hurt her, and the way they describe her, she went to being an extroverted strong independent woman to introverted stereotypical homewife like a switch... and yeah i know it is way too late, all her sacrifices for one would be rendered pointless if i did but still fell some regrets not having done it back then, cause yes peoples would have been hurt but unlikely as many as much.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #29082 on: Wed, 22 December 2021, 16:18:24 »
I had my second (right) knee replacement surgery today. The operation went fine and I am back home.
That does not bother me, I have been looking forward to it.

What is bothering me is the pain - it is excruciating. Cutting, grinding, and drilling bone is notorious for being painful.

Fortunately, there are opioid pain pills that can manage it.

Last time, 3 months ago, the pain was intense ++ for about a week and a half, and I was taking them at shorter-than-recommended intervals to control it. I do not anticipate that this time it will be any easier. If you wait until pain starts ramping up you are in trouble because a pill takes half an hour to kick in. I got a second 10-day prescription for opioids after a week, and by the time I was halfway through that bottle the pain was tapering down quite a bit. A few more days and I was mostly off the opioids and taking Naproxen twice a day. After 4 weeks I did not need pain pills on a daily basis any more and just used them as-needed. After 6 weeks I was taking about 1-2 pills per week after pushing myself on therapy or some chore, but otherwise off pain medication entirely.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29083 on: Wed, 22 December 2021, 16:47:56 »
After 6 weeks I was taking about 1-2 pills per week after pushing myself on therapy or some chore, but otherwise off pain medication entirely.

Famous last words before Fohat goes breaking bad and starts a drug ring ??

/kekekekekekek

Offline yui

« Reply #29084 on: Thu, 23 December 2021, 01:04:48 »
who won the work dispute ?
not me, HR told me there would be nothing done, that they would not even look into it as my manager is a woman and women can't harass men... also my manager and HR are friends so does not help...

Offline iri

« Reply #29085 on: Thu, 23 December 2021, 09:50:23 »
I had my second (right) knee replacement surgery today. The operation went fine and I am back home.
That does not bother me, I have been looking forward to it.

What is bothering me is the pain - it is excruciating. Cutting, grinding, and drilling bone is notorious for being painful.

Fortunately, there are opioid pain pills that can manage it.

Last time, 3 months ago, the pain was intense ++ for about a week and a half, and I was taking them at shorter-than-recommended intervals to control it. I do not anticipate that this time it will be any easier. If you wait until pain starts ramping up you are in trouble because a pill takes half an hour to kick in. I got a second 10-day prescription for opioids after a week, and by the time I was halfway through that bottle the pain was tapering down quite a bit. A few more days and I was mostly off the opioids and taking Naproxen twice a day. After 4 weeks I did not need pain pills on a daily basis any more and just used them as-needed. After 6 weeks I was taking about 1-2 pills per week after pushing myself on therapy or some chore, but otherwise off pain medication entirely.
Congrats on the new knee!

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #29086 on: Thu, 23 December 2021, 11:26:13 »
The biggest thing bothering me right now is I just ordered a new bicycle frameset (frame, headset, fork).  Minimum $1000 deposit, my frame with options will be over $6,000, is currently at a 28 month lead time.  The price you pay for an absolutely gorgeous custom built titanium frame with exquisite anodize work.

For those curious, check out FireFly bicycles on IG or Flickr.1
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29087 on: Thu, 23 December 2021, 11:30:21 »
The biggest thing bothering me right now is I just ordered a new bicycle frameset (frame, headset, fork).  Minimum $1000 deposit, my frame with options will be over $6,000, is currently at a 28 month lead time.  The price you pay for an absolutely gorgeous custom built titanium frame with exquisite anodize work.

So Exercise,  Much Health.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #29088 on: Thu, 23 December 2021, 12:09:32 »

How did I know that you was going to be the first reply.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29089 on: Thu, 23 December 2021, 13:54:14 »

How did I know that you was going to be the first reply.

I is you know what I sayn' ??!!

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #29090 on: Thu, 23 December 2021, 22:43:32 »
Raw fish smell really penetrates the skin. I just took a hot shower and I can still smell fish on my hands and arms.

Offline Faceman76

« Reply #29091 on: Fri, 24 December 2021, 07:20:26 »
Raw fish smell really penetrates the skin. I just took a hot shower and I can still smell fish on my hands and arms.
Just like fish in the microwave, it lingers.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

TKC 1800, Crystal Box Navy, Sprit 100g

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #29092 on: Fri, 24 December 2021, 09:36:17 »
I just took a hot shower and I can still smell fish on my hands and arms.
Project Management is so bad you took a new job in a fish shop?!
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #29093 on: Fri, 24 December 2021, 12:11:32 »
I just took a hot shower and I can still smell fish on my hands and arms.
Project Management is so bad you took a new job in a fish shop?!

Exactly what happened. I need to rethink my entire career path, so I'm taking a hard break from tech. I know food prep and butchery from way back so it's this for now. Better than spreadsheets and meetings all day.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29094 on: Fri, 24 December 2021, 12:48:17 »

Exactly what happened. I need to rethink my entire career path, so I'm taking a hard break from tech. I know food prep and butchery from way back so it's this for now. Better than spreadsheets and meetings all day.

Butchering fish exposes one to alot of mercury and industrial toxins (bio accumulated in the flesh).  Could accelerate neurological damage / cancer.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #29095 on: Sat, 25 December 2021, 16:46:14 »
"Life"
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #29097 on: Sat, 25 December 2021, 16:57:02 »
"Life"
did Sorange see venom 1 and 2 ?
No.  Should I or would that make it worse?
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29098 on: Sat, 25 December 2021, 17:27:47 »
"Life"
did Sorange see venom 1 and 2 ?
No.  Should I or would that make it worse?

venom 1's pretty decent, people thought --life was a prequel for it when it came out, it's not related, but the plot fit.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #29099 on: Wed, 29 December 2021, 15:49:49 »
I have what should be an easy job but I'm not very good at it.  I'm now quesioning whether my self esteem will take more of a hit if I struggle on for more months until I get good or if I quit and admit I can't do it and try to start the new year afresh elsewhere.  Bear in mind my self esteem is entirely based on work as I'm interpersonally retarded and have no personal goals to bolster it.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod