Author Topic: Desperate to find a mouse with a good sensor that fits me -details inside-  (Read 11509 times)

Offline Sharlen21

Hey there,

So this is kind of tricky, I'm trying to find the smallest mouse with the best sensor since I have a disability in my hands that won't allow me to grip most of the mice on the market.

Just so you have an idea, currently I'm using a Microsoft Compact Optical Mouse 500 which is:

Length: 3.44" / 87.4mm
Width: 1.88" / 47.8mm

It's an 800dpi and 125hz polling rate mouse that I modified to run at 500hz (maybe even making it worse, who knows).

This I can grip comfortably and allows me to play just fine but as you can see it's just a cheap low quality mouse that probably uses a crappy sensor. I noticed after testing a Zowie ZA13 that I'm missing a lot from not having a good sensor, the difference was huge. Sadly I can't grip the ZA13 either so at this point I'm kind of desperate. I have enjoyed playing shooters all my life and it's very frustrating to be stuck with a 10€ mouse that makes it even harder to aim since it even flickers back to the middle of the screen when I make a fast move.

So I suppose my questions are... is there anything of the size that I'm currently use that would be an upgrade? Am I really missing so much from not having a good sensor? Is there any website that makes personalized mice that could help with my problem?

I would greatly appreciate any kind of help or advice.

Offline Tactile

I'm not sure you'll find anything that small but there are some small gaming mice. The Roccat Pyra is pretty small. Most of the small gaming mice are also wireless 'cause companies assume you'll be using it with a laptop and you want wireless. Logitech has the Anywhere MX, also. But searching for "laptop gaming mouse" will probably find the smallest ones.
REΛLFORCE

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Take a picture of your hand holding ur microsoft compact mouse Next to a Ruler..   From the side,  and above..

Also describe WHY you need such a small mouse.

Offline Bucake

there's the razer salmosa pro (asian edition), but since it was released in asia only, i don't know how easy it would be to get one.
compared to a few other mice: http://i45.tinypic.com/muixhw.jpg
IBM Model F XT // Realforce 87U 55g Type-S // HHKBP2 45g Type-S // KBT Pure Pro Cherry MX Red

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
G100s,  or G303, also pretty small

But i have a feeling the OP is looking for narrow..

Offline FoxWolf1

I'm also a fan of small mice. So far, this is the best I've been able to find:

https://www.amazon.com/Scorpion-ZERLOT-Optical-4000DPI-Ergonomic/dp/B00LHCG39M

It's not quite as small as what you are using now, and it's four years old, so you're not going to be getting the absolute latest tech-- but I've yet to see anything better that wasn't also in a larger size category.
Oberhofer Model 1101 | PadTech Hall Effect (Prototype) | RK RC930-104 v2 | IBM Model M | Noppoo TANK | Keycool Hero 104

Offline Sharlen21

Take a picture of your hand holding ur microsoft compact mouse Next to a Ruler..   From the side,  and above..

Also describe WHY you need such a small mouse.

As I said I have a disability.

G100s,  or G303, also pretty small

But i have a feeling the OP is looking for narrow..

It has to be narrow for sure, but also not one of those that has a big bump on it.

there's the razer salmosa pro (asian edition), but since it was released in asia only, i don't know how easy it would be to get one.
compared to a few other mice: http://i45.tinypic.com/muixhw.jpg

This one looks promising, I'll check it if it's possible to get one, thanks a lot.

I'm also a fan of small mice. So far, this is the best I've been able to find:

https://www.amazon.com/Scorpion-ZERLOT-Optical-4000DPI-Ergonomic/dp/B00LHCG39M

It's not quite as small as what you are using now, and it's four years old, so you're not going to be getting the absolute latest tech-- but I've yet to see anything better that wasn't also in a larger size category.

I looked this one up, the width seems to be 6.7cm which is too much, thanks anyway.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
I am 100% sure there are none of the new --non angle snapping-- generation mice run as small as your microsoft portable mouse.

Can you use a vertical mouse?  Like the evoluent?

They've got generics on ebay which you can take apart and convert using the newer gaming mouse internals..

Offline Sharlen21

I am 100% sure there are none of the new --non angle snapping-- generation mice run as small as your microsoft portable mouse.

Can you use a vertical mouse?  Like the evoluent?

They've got generics on ebay which you can take apart and convert using the newer gaming mouse internals..

After checking those, those aren't an option either.

The Razer Salmosa is impossible to find, I was checking the Razer Orochi... I'm assuming the sensor is going to be better than the one I currently have, might as well buy it and test it.

Offline Zorox

• Tactile FTW <3
I am using the Razer Orochi  2012 for ~2 years and its sensor is quite a good one among all the portable and small size mouse out there. It will serve you good as long as you connected it with wire and have a good mouse pad, as I think the wireless polling rate is terrible.

Offline Sharlen21

I am using the Razer Orochi  2012 for ~2 years and its sensor is quite a good one among all the portable and small size mouse out there. It will serve you good as long as you connected it with wire and have a good mouse pad, as I think the wireless polling rate is terrible.

I'll give it a go, hope it's comfortable enough for me. Could you please measure how wide it is? Like from side button to side button (the top part, pics taken from above show that it gets wider at the base of it). They are still selling the 2013 version, I wonder if there's any reason why anyone would choose that instead of the newer one.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
sharlen did you get my pm message ?  it's at the top of ur screen. on the right.

Offline Sharlen21

sharlen did you get my pm message ?  it's at the top of ur screen. on the right.

Sorry I'm a bit lost on this website and didn't see it, I have responded you.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
I think it may be possible to cut off the front of the g303 pcb, and then get it into that microsoft portable you're using..

The only thing which would be difficult to mod is the wheel, if the blanking is heavily mismatched.

Offline Sharlen21

I think it may be possible to cut off the front of the g303 pcb, and then get it into that microsoft portable you're using..

The only thing which would be difficult to mod is the wheel, if the blanking is heavily mismatched.

I have no knowledge on how to do what you suggested but if the wheel is something that might be gone then we run into another problem, I use the wheel a lot since it's 3 more easily accessible buttons.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter

I have no knowledge on how to do what you suggested but if the wheel is something that might be gone then we run into another problem, I use the wheel a lot since it's 3 more easily accessible buttons.

well, the number of buttons isn't a problem, it's possible to preserve side buttons of g303.. you're right, this mod will take significant elbow grease to have a working wheel at all..

Offline Sharlen21

well, the number of buttons isn't a problem, it's possible to preserve side buttons of g303.. you're right, this mod will take significant elbow grease to have a working wheel at all..

Lets say I could get rid of the wheel, how hard would it be to do it?

Offline KingWhoDat

Desperate to find a mouse with a good sensor that fits me -details inside-
« Reply #17 on: Tue, 11 October 2016, 00:22:45 »
Logitech G Pro is tiny with the 3366 sensor. 3366 is their version of the 3360 which is the best sensor on the market currently. I also use small ambi mice and this Logitech is tits.

Height:  4.6 in (116.6 mm)
Width:  2.5 in (62.15 mm)
Depth:  1.5 in (38.2 mm)

I hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Tue, 11 October 2016, 00:24:34 by KingWhoDat »

Offline YoshiCaps

• yes, oh god no.
Re: Desperate to find a mouse with a good sensor that fits me -details inside-
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 23 November 2016, 10:21:58 »
CM storm spawn looks good.

$75 on amazon and its small and has claw grip with good sensor. It's been described as a small g9x, so if you like the g9x this should be good for you.
« Last Edit: Wed, 23 November 2016, 10:24:13 by yoshilikesmxbrowns »
hi.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
Re: Desperate to find a mouse with a good sensor that fits me -details inside-
« Reply #19 on: Wed, 23 November 2016, 15:22:12 »
If you want a small quality notebook/travel mouse, look into the Logitech MX Anywhere 2, which is absolutely one of the the top notebook mice at the moment. It's basically an MX Master inside.

Height x Width x Depth:
2.4 in (61.6 mm) x 3.9 in (100.3 mm) x 1.4 in (34.4 mm)

Also, OPS mouse jumping is not so much a symbol of using a non-gaming sensor but simply because the sensor is absolute garbage.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion