Author Topic: Greetings for Georgia (US)  (Read 1452 times)

Offline MattTheRogue

Greetings for Georgia (US)
« on: Thu, 24 January 2013, 09:43:58 »
After seeing a reddit post about keyboards and a link to this site, I figured I'd fit right in. I don't have anything fancy at the moment, but I'm always eyeing new technology - and sometimes old!

See you around,
-Matt

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
Re: Greetings for Georgia (US)
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 24 January 2013, 10:04:16 »
Hey Matt, welcome to Geekhack!  :)
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline MattBuzzy

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 24 January 2013, 10:51:10 »
Welcome to Geekhack, I am also quite new myself!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 24 January 2013, 19:23:57 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Any plans to get a new keyboard?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 24 January 2013, 19:41:59 »
Welcome Matt!

Don't know what part of Georgia you're in, but if you ever make it up to Nashville during the week, be sure to give Mechanical Keyboards a visit. It's a great way to try out different switches and layouts.

Also, we're in the early stages of setting up a Mid-South Meetup, so be sure to check it out.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 25 January 2013, 18:56:50 »
demon spawn sent by ripster the keyboard master?