Author Topic: Bittorent Conspiracy  (Read 4998 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Bittorent Conspiracy
« on: Fri, 01 February 2013, 20:10:24 »
I've noticed recently that there's quite a bit of unusual seeding activity coming out of "Russia"..

Many Extremely high bandwidth seeders of HUGE files....  primarily American movies...

We're talking 50mbit out of russia and MANY of these guys per file... it just doesn't make sense... All PUBLIC trackers...

Is it possible that this is an indirect Assault on the American Movie industry?  :eek:

Offline inteli722

• Waiting for too much stuff...
Re: Bittorent Conspiracy
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 01 February 2013, 20:24:11 »
I've noticed recently that there's quite a bit of unusual seeding activity coming out of "Russia"..

Many Extremely high bandwidth seeders of HUGE files....  primarily American movies...

We're talking 50mbit out of russia and MANY of these guys per file... it just doesn't make sense... All PUBLIC trackers...

Is it possible that this is an indirect Assault on the American Movie industry?  :eek:

they totally deserve it.
More

Visit the Typing Test and try!
R.I.P. SmallFry! You will be dearly missed.
Leopold FC200 |  CoolerMaster QFP Browns | Quickfire Rapid Greens | Quickfire Rapid Blues
Waiting for: Phantom Plate

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 00:29:41 »
Remote RIAA outpost?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline iri

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 03:13:29 »
I've noticed recently
recently
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 04:58:15 »
I've noticed recently
recently
Show Image

yea.. but I wanted to credit myself with the discovery... rawrrrr  :D

Offline whiskerBox

Bittorent Conspiracy
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 05:28:17 »
Possibly a botnet ring :(
"I'm on a mission to bring down GH's anarchy of moderators" -RIPSTER jr.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 05:35:00 »

so... you're saying I'm lending bandwidth to russian hackers?  :D

Offline Lanx

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 06:40:34 »

lazy russian teens that just leave their torrents on in college? eh russia and china are both places known for supreme piracy, argggg!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 13:31:56 »

lazy russian teens that just leave their torrents on in college? eh russia and china are both places known for supreme piracy, argggg!

Hmmm... It could be... but there are so many... more than 10, each with 50mbit... just seems weird..... this never happens on  US torrents.

Offline keyboardlover

• Hey Paul Walker, Click It or Ticket!
    • http://www.keyboardlover.com
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 13:43:54 »
Me either. I say if they don't like it, that can leave.

Offline inteli722

• Waiting for too much stuff...
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 13:44:06 »
$12 for movie tickets, $10 for snacks, about 20 minutes of Soda drink and Tv show advertisements, and a whole lot of teens complaining about having to come into work...

I'm sorry if I don't shed a tear.
Hence

they totally deserve it.
More

Visit the Typing Test and try!
R.I.P. SmallFry! You will be dearly missed.
Leopold FC200 |  CoolerMaster QFP Browns | Quickfire Rapid Greens | Quickfire Rapid Blues
Waiting for: Phantom Plate

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #11 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 13:47:04 »
$12 for movie tickets, $10 for snacks, about 20 minutes of Soda drink and Tv show advertisements, and a whole lot of teens complaining about having to come into work...

I'm sorry if I don't shed a tear.

you mean, teens complaining about going to work to earn money "for the movies"...

or "in the movies" there are teens complaining about coming to work..

or "in the theater" there are teens who work there complaining about having to work...

Kinda confusing/ HAHAHAH;D

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 14:01:05 »
Hasn't paid to see a movie since 2003. Lately I have been having trouble finding anything new to even bother to download for free. Way too much of it just sucks and is a waste of time to even watch it. I would rather watch older movies, but a lot of them I haven't seen since they were on vhs and the movie companies apparently can't be bothered. I say let them die.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #13 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 15:01:43 »
Hasn't paid to see a movie since 2003. Lately I have been having trouble finding anything new to even bother to download for free. Way too much of it just sucks and is a waste of time to even watch it. I would rather watch older movies, but a lot of them I haven't seen since they were on vhs and the movie companies apparently can't be bothered. I say let them die.

Short circuit, and Short circuit 2 came out on B-ray

Short circuit is even in 30fps.. very smooth...

Offline iri

« Reply #14 on: Sun, 03 February 2013, 04:10:18 »

Hmmm... It could be... but there are so many... more than 10, each with 50mbit... just seems weird..... this never happens on  US torrents.
you americans are way too greedy!
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #15 on: Sun, 03 February 2013, 08:29:03 »

you americans are way too greedy!

It's not that Americans are greedy iri... it's just that with the system of law in our country, we can more easily get sued..

In other countries there's such a thing as lift and "disappear", you go to your mother's house, and they'll never catch you, or bother catching you..

This doesn't happen in the USA.

Offline iri

« Reply #16 on: Sun, 03 February 2013, 08:53:01 »
In other countries there's such a thing as lift and "disappear", you go to your mother's house, and they'll never catch you, or bother catching you..

This doesn't happen in the USA.
what.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline tauburn

« Reply #17 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 19:14:14 »
Uh.. torrenting seems to be a slav thing. Nearly all the trackers are hosted by them. I knew this ukranian girl whose father wouldn't allow anyone to buy movies or music and would torrent everything for them.

Offline Lanx

« Reply #18 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 19:39:38 »
wow, father knows how to torrent, that's cool. I hang around engineers, these are smart ppl with lots of calculations i'll never understand, but they're computer dumb, like so dumb they should be using mac's and not windows. Anyway lots of these guys over the months have said to me, "comcast called me, said i was in breech of my contract for using too much bandwidth". The simple answer is, their kid is torrenting, if they don't have a kid, then they didn't secure their wireless. I never help them of course, i've learned in my 20 years of computering, that beyond giving advice, never say "well i can help you with that" nope, then that person magically turns into a leech. Thats why bestbuy has a geeksquad.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #19 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 19:55:32 »
It's just simply that trackers are in countries that don't have draconian sh!t about copyright. Copyright and patents systems bastardized now beyond all belief. They were never intended to allow some holding company to have it last 1000 years. Things need to be set back to how they should be. 5 years protection, then fall into public domain.

Offline TheQsanity

• SmallFry Lovin'
« Reply #20 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 21:28:20 »
**** you WALT!!!!!
SmallFry! <3

Offline tauburn

« Reply #21 on: Tue, 05 February 2013, 22:34:05 »
wow, father knows how to torrent, that's cool. I hang around engineers, these are smart ppl with lots of calculations i'll never understand, but they're computer dumb, like so dumb they should be using mac's and not windows. Anyway lots of these guys over the months have said to me, "comcast called me, said i was in breech of my contract for using too much bandwidth". The simple answer is, their kid is torrenting, if they don't have a kid, then they didn't secure their wireless. I never help them of course, i've learned in my 20 years of computering, that beyond giving advice, never say "well i can help you with that" nope, then that person magically turns into a leech. Thats why bestbuy has a geeksquad.

it's not that the father knows how to torrent it's that he firmly wont allow anyone to buy media.

my dad knows how to torrent... hes not a slav

Offline tipo33

• "Ski"
« Reply #22 on: Sun, 10 February 2013, 22:36:15 »
When I lived in Russia piracy was universal and rampant.  You can go out and buy pirated DVD's and music for aprox 2US$.  I never thought anything of it, or even noticed until I came to the U.S. 
KM4COL    R.I.P.  SmallFry

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #23 on: Mon, 11 February 2013, 00:07:24 »
When I lived in Russia piracy was universal and rampant.  You can go out and buy pirated DVD's and music for aprox 2US$.  I never thought anything of it, or even noticed until I came to the U.S. 

Pirated DVDs in the US costs $3

Offline tipo33

• "Ski"
« Reply #24 on: Mon, 11 February 2013, 00:22:34 »

Pirated DVDs in the US costs $3
But they are not sold at every corner store in the U.S.

Offline iri

« Reply #25 on: Mon, 11 February 2013, 01:05:01 »
they aren't sold in russia either. not anymore.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline tipo33

• "Ski"
« Reply #26 on: Mon, 11 February 2013, 01:08:11 »
Haven't been in a while :(  About 3 years now...