Author Topic: Homeopathic Medicine..  (Read 5019 times)

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
Re: Homeopathic Medicine..
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 11 July 2016, 06:13:14 »
My mum believes in it. I can't convey how annoying it is to be a chemist and have your own mother believe in this sort of crackpottery.
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 11 July 2016, 06:29:34 »
My mum believes in it. I can't convey how annoying it is to be a chemist and have your own mother believe in this sort of crackpottery.

also 99% of Sifo people.. 99% of India people..

They want to rub tree bark mush on my stitches..

Obviously as an adult I can stop them from doing stupid stuff to me..

But I know there are many kids out there, being abused by essentially, Homeopathic doctors who perpetuate this falsity.

Offline joey

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 11 July 2016, 06:30:51 »
Show Image

Show Image

I like that duck. Can I get it with hoisin sauce?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 11 July 2016, 06:33:06 »
Show Image

Show Image

I like that duck. Can I get it with hoisin sauce?

For the novices..  Hoisin sauce often comes with peking duck.. It's basically roast duck, the crunchy skin layer OR entire meat layer. cut up into pieces, rolled up into a high gluten flour tortilla w/ fixin's

If you're at the place that rolls only the skin layer,   then the rest of the duck is usually made into other dishes, the meat, sometimes a stirfry, or a cold platter, the bones are extracted for Soup..

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 11 July 2016, 07:04:10 »
I ****ing love Peking duck. I went to a restaurant that served ONLY Peking duck when I was in China. Really fancy place. ****ing gorgeous food.

My local Chinese place does a duck with hoisin dish too, it's delicious. It's a proper Chinese place, too, the menu is in all-Chinese (no English version available) and the duck still has bones and stuff in it.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 11 July 2016, 08:37:58 »
Homeopathic stuff drives me crazy, especially since my mom and sister have started delving into it.  It's bad enough that they are both anti-vacc but adding homeopathic bull**** on top of that while also ignoring almost ANY pharmaceutical drugs for the variety of illnesses that they always seem to have just really pisses me off.

Just this past weekend my brother-in-law burned his hand shooting off fireworks like an idiot, and after he went to the med center he got prescribed some antibiotics and pain meds.  Well of course, those are all like really bad, so my sister tossed the antibiotics and the pain meds and now he is taking probiotics instead and some natural pain medication which wasn't working for **** last time I saw him.

I personally blame their church, because they never were into any of this bull**** until they started hanging out with a bunch of people from their church who are into all natural everything because that's how Jesus would've wanted it.  So ****ing stupid, especially when you see cases in the news where parents are basically letting their kids die because they wanted to do things naturally, or they wanted to let the power of prayer heal them, or whatever stupid bull**** they decide to believe in at the time.
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 11 July 2016, 08:54:04 »
Sounds like some people don't know the difference between naturopathic and homeopathic.  Homeopathic "medicine" relies on dilutions and has absolutely no scientific evidence to support it.

Naturopathy is using naturally occurring things to treat ailments.  This would include willow bark teas for pain relief, cinnamon to lower blood sugar levels in diabetics, honey as a wound dressing, and so on.  Many refined medicines have come from naturopathic remedies and many do have scientific evidence to back them.  That's not to say that there are not naturopathic quacks or to say that naturopathy is always appropriate, just that it should not be discounted like homeopathy.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 11 July 2016, 09:47:24 »
Yeah, my mom and sister use a lot of tablets and droppers which they refer to as dilutions so I'm pretty sure it's homeopathic.

I try not to automatically disregard all natural medications and actually tried a couple when I was diagnosed with HBP which sadly didn't work, but I feel like they have limitations just like pharmaceutical medication does.  Both natural and pharmaceutical drugs should be used together if at all possible, but too often people will dismiss one or the other completely without even trying them, due to their personal opinions.
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 11 July 2016, 10:10:10 »
here's what we do..

Line them up in front of that secret military rail gun..

And just solve this problem.. pew pew

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 11 July 2016, 10:11:33 »
here's what we do..

We take every person associated with homeopathy industry..

Tp pls
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 11 July 2016, 10:12:36 »
I can never tell if tp is being hyperbolic or serious.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 11 July 2016, 10:12:42 »
here's what we do..

We take every person associated with homeopathy industry..

Tp pls

hahahaha...

I know , unrealistic...

If I had to hear one more speech about natural tree bark.. or secret blend of herbal remedy dating back thousands of years..

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 11 July 2016, 10:16:35 »
tp, birch bark on a wound can accelerate healing.

And you keep talking about naturopathy, not homeopathy.  There's a huge difference.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 11 July 2016, 10:20:31 »
I put cayenne pepper into my waffle sliced finger a while back. It hurt so bad it stopped hurting.

No redness or infection and it made a nice DIY scab.

Also stopped the bleeding.
« Last Edit: Mon, 11 July 2016, 10:22:23 by SpAmRaY »

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 11 July 2016, 10:24:49 »
my mom has a coworker that's all into that ****, and whenever she gets to talking about it i'm thinking to myself "you're an idiot for believing in that hocus-pocus"
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Online fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 11 July 2016, 10:32:17 »
I put cayenne pepper into my waffle sliced finger a while back. It hurt so bad it stopped hurting.

No redness or infection and it made a nice DIY scab.

Also stopped the bleeding.

Thanks for that. I never knew.

http://www.ecellulitis.com/conditions-and-treatments/10-best-home-remedies-for-wounds-and-cuts/
"Cohen has been described as a “fixer,” a guy who gets things done, who cleans up messes and who calms the waters in a crisis. But mostly, it seems that Cohen was a lackey.
He wasn’t someone telling Trump hard truths to make sure that he was protected. Cohen was the guy who simply wanted to make sure that Trump was placated. He wanted the boss to be happy. Cohen wasn’t using his clout or connections to turn the tide in Trump’s favor.
He was just another person whose ambitions and self-worth had become intertwined with Trump, someone who as federal investigators closed in on him, as he lied and then lied some more, he had to be reminded by his wife, his daughter and his son that Trump was neither his salvation, nor was he someone worth saving." 2024-05-14 comment

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 11 July 2016, 10:46:19 »
I hate homeopathy. Who thinks diluted water could help you with your ailments?

Sniffing ground-up tiger testicles is where it's at.

Online fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 11 July 2016, 10:56:13 »

Sniffing ground-up tiger testicles is where it's at.

Harvesting them proves your strength.
"Cohen has been described as a “fixer,” a guy who gets things done, who cleans up messes and who calms the waters in a crisis. But mostly, it seems that Cohen was a lackey.
He wasn’t someone telling Trump hard truths to make sure that he was protected. Cohen was the guy who simply wanted to make sure that Trump was placated. He wanted the boss to be happy. Cohen wasn’t using his clout or connections to turn the tide in Trump’s favor.
He was just another person whose ambitions and self-worth had become intertwined with Trump, someone who as federal investigators closed in on him, as he lied and then lied some more, he had to be reminded by his wife, his daughter and his son that Trump was neither his salvation, nor was he someone worth saving." 2024-05-14 comment

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #19 on: Mon, 11 July 2016, 11:33:29 »
I learned working in a restaurant kitchen that yellow mustard helps quite a bit with scarring, pain, and blisters, and I can also confirm that the cayenne pepper trick works great for cuts.

Offline tacnificent

« Reply #20 on: Mon, 11 July 2016, 11:38:22 »

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #21 on: Mon, 11 July 2016, 11:40:07 »
As Tim Minchin said, "do you know what they call alternative medicine that's been proved to work? Medicine."

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #23 on: Mon, 11 July 2016, 11:48:18 »
Yo I married a witch doctor... no bull****... well a holistic health practitioner, but witch doctor has a better ring to it.

Yo my man nubs dropping knowledge!!!

My wife comes home with lots of crazy stories from her work and ear candles are bull****.
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #24 on: Mon, 11 July 2016, 11:49:45 »
Yo I married a witch doctor... no bull****... well a holistic health practitioner, but witch doctor has a better ring to it.

My wife comes home with lots of crazy stories from her work and ear candles are bull****.

Blink twice if you need saving apoc o.o

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #25 on: Mon, 11 July 2016, 11:58:16 »
As Tim Minchin said, "do you know what they call alternative medicine that's been proved to work? Medicine."

The problem is that a fair amount of "alternative medicine" doesn't get researched and remains on the fringes.  There's a lot of quackery in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), but there's also good stuff, like acupuncture.  And even though acupuncture and therapy combined are more effective than each alone in some cases, there are still a fair number of doctors resistant to acupuncture as a therapeutic tool, even in pain management cases.

Western medicine can be slow to adopt things that don't fit their narrative, even if there is scientific evidence to back it or sufficient anecdotal evidence to warrant clinical trials.

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #26 on: Mon, 11 July 2016, 11:59:33 »

:'(
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #27 on: Mon, 11 July 2016, 12:00:10 »
IM ON MY WAY WITH REAL MEDICINE

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28 on: Mon, 11 July 2016, 14:13:34 »

:'(

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29 on: Mon, 11 July 2016, 14:15:52 »
Look guys..

There are certainly SOME things that worked..

But only those very superficial cause and effect relationships observable prior to Modern science..

The majority of it is bunk, because the majority of diseases could not have been studied or observed with the equipment of the time..

Let's say some roots had some inflammation settling properties,    but it doesn't cure any skin disease, but people could easily think, that the root is helping, yet it treats only a symptom.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #30 on: Mon, 11 July 2016, 14:34:12 »
There is actual science behind some of it. To say you feel no benefit from consuming things like ginseng eleuthero or garlic capsules would be a lie.

I will also completely vouch for acupuncture. It works.

Offline clankgy1

• Formerly digifiend
« Reply #31 on: Mon, 11 July 2016, 14:36:34 »
Homeopathic medicine is like Kaiser health insurance.

Works great until you actually need it.
RF87U 55g (damaged)  |  AV3 w/POM Plate  |  Thermal (to be built)  |  ID80v1 (to be rebuilt)  |  Tokyo60

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #32 on: Mon, 11 July 2016, 14:38:28 »
There is actual science behind some of it. To say you feel no benefit from consuming things like ginseng eleuthero or garlic capsules would be a lie.

Tp4 has eaten hundreds of pounds of ginseng and drank 100s of gallons of Ginseng Tea..  can confirm.. USELESS..

Acupuncture relieves pain, but the method of action seeeeems to be overloading local nociception thereby temporarily reducing perceived pain, but that pain is most likely still there.

(similar to hot and cold packs)

Then when you get towards acupuncture for treating the stuff outside of pain,   like... bladder problems,  Diabetus, Obesity..  NO, it's all bunk.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
« Reply #33 on: Mon, 11 July 2016, 15:11:12 »
TBH I was expecting to see pictures of bud #disappointment
Chris Schammert

Offline clankgy1

• Formerly digifiend
« Reply #34 on: Mon, 11 July 2016, 15:18:18 »
TBH I was expecting to see pictures of bud #disappointment

Cracks me up when people "self-medicate" that way.  Almost makes me think they got their medical degree from staying a night at a Holiday Inn.

There are certain things that do work outside of traditional medicine (acupuncture) for me, but sometimes I feel like the character in Airplane! being assaulted in the airport by Hare-Krishna types pushing alternative healing products.  I'm not interested in tree bark, shark cartilage, colloidal silver, magnets, or any other non-traditional remedies.
RF87U 55g (damaged)  |  AV3 w/POM Plate  |  Thermal (to be built)  |  ID80v1 (to be rebuilt)  |  Tokyo60

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #35 on: Mon, 11 July 2016, 15:20:50 »

Tp4 has eaten hundreds of pounds of ginseng and drank 100s of gallons of Ginseng Tea..  can confirm.. USELESS..

Acupuncture relieves pain, but the method of action seeeeems to be overloading local nociception thereby temporarily reducing perceived pain, but that pain is most likely still there.

Then when you get towards acupuncture for treating the stuff outside of pain,   like... bladder problems,  Diabetus, Obesity..  NO, it's all bunk.

Have you actually tried it? It does work, but I'm sure thousands of years of practicing acupuncture with results proves nothing. Probably why it is covered by insurance providers as well, because it does nothing.

As far as medical marijuana goes all I can speak on is my own personal experience. For about a decade of my adult life I had myoclonic seizures, about once or twice a month. A few times seriously injuring myself while doing so. I was prescribed horrible pills that were addictive, expensive, and turned me into a zombie all day. I went to a doc who recommended trying medical marijuana and have been smoking/consuming daily for the last 3+ years. In 2016 I have had 2 seizures. In 2015 I had 5 total - all year (compared to the 20-30 I used to have.) I have changed nothing except for stopping the pills and starting smoking. Naysayers say whatever you want, but this is all the proof I need.
« Last Edit: Mon, 11 July 2016, 15:30:04 by noisyturtle »

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #36 on: Mon, 11 July 2016, 15:23:38 »
My mother is an anti vaxxer and at least slightly against "Modern medicine" she won't even get fillings for her cavity's, I still need fillings and it's been hell trying to explain to her the importance of it for my self, shes finally getting around to making a dental appointment.

Shes never taken me to the dentist in my life nor has gotten me vaccinated..I've been to the doctor, like twice in my life.

I really am that weird messed up homeschooled kid.

No wonder I don't have any friends, rofl.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #37 on: Mon, 11 July 2016, 15:47:30 »
My mother is an anti vaxxer and at least slightly against "Modern medicine" she won't even get fillings for her cavity's, I still need fillings and it's been hell trying to explain to her the importance of it for my self, shes finally getting around to making a dental appointment.

Shes never taken me to the dentist in my life nor has gotten me vaccinated..I've been to the doctor, like twice in my life.

Is dad more rational.. ?

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #38 on: Mon, 11 July 2016, 15:58:19 »

Is dad more rational.. ?
My biological father has some pretty severe mental problems and has tried to kill him self numerous times and my step father is not any better that my mother.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #39 on: Mon, 11 July 2016, 16:03:51 »

Is dad more rational.. ?
My biological father has some pretty severe mental problems and has tried to kill him self numerous times and my step father is not any better that my mother.

Aigh...

It's a good thing you've got internet..

If this was 10 years ago..  you may have never heard of vaccines.. or the debate on the issue.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #40 on: Mon, 11 July 2016, 16:39:45 »

Have you actually tried it? It does work, but I'm sure thousands of years of practicing acupuncture with results proves nothing. Probably why it is covered by insurance providers as well, because it does nothing.

As far as medical marijuana goes all I can speak on is my own personal experience. For about a decade of my adult life I had myoclonic seizures, about once or twice a month. A few times seriously injuring myself while doing so. I was prescribed horrible pills that were addictive, expensive, and turned me into a zombie all day. I went to a doc who recommended trying medical marijuana and have been smoking/consuming daily for the last 3+ years. In 2016 I have had 2 seizures. In 2015 I had 5 total - all year (compared to the 20-30 I used to have.) I have changed nothing except for stopping the pills and starting smoking. Naysayers say whatever you want, but this is all the proof I need.

I got my card about a year ago for nausea related to the massive amount of blood pressure medication I was taking (25 pills a day)and it definitely helps.  Now, I was smoking before I got the card so it was really just to ease my mind for legality issues, but people who say marijuana has no medical use are flat out wrong.  Do people abuse the medical cards?  Absolutely.  However, people abuse all kinds of prescriptions so that in itself should not be a reason to deny it to the people who actually can use it for medical issues.

This is what I think my nieces are going to be saying 15 years down the road :(

Offline ThoughtArtist

« Reply #41 on: Mon, 11 July 2016, 16:47:05 »
Sungazing increases my libido.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #42 on: Mon, 11 July 2016, 16:49:43 »
It has never been shown to have more benefit than a placebo. Which is fair, placebos work, that's well known. However, to claim there are beneficial results in any way other than a placebo is just not true.

Offline ThoughtArtist

« Reply #43 on: Mon, 11 July 2016, 16:54:33 »
It has never been shown to have more benefit than a placebo. Which is fair, placebos work, that's well known. However, to claim there are beneficial results in any way other than a placebo is just not true.

And how many people chemically analyze said supplements to see if it's actually ginseng or garlic or whatever? (Not that it would likely matter) I heard some U.S. companies got into trouble recently for selling random junk encapsulated and sold at major retailers like Wal-Mart. I don't know the specifics though.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #44 on: Mon, 11 July 2016, 18:20:14 »
What science can not do is  detect the difference between absolute zero from almost zero..

If that were possible, we would've found God long ago with Science..

We can only realistically ever create a more-valid lean towards what works..

Offline Blackehart

• Booty Aficionado Extraordinaire
« Reply #45 on: Mon, 11 July 2016, 18:25:55 »
I got your rhino horn RIGHT HERE!

*double hand point to crotch area whilst thrusting hips*

:)) :)) :))

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #46 on: Mon, 11 July 2016, 18:32:57 »
What science can not do is  detect the difference between absolute zero from almost zero..

There is LITERALLY not enough water on the planet to dilute a single molecule of compound to the dilutions homeopathy experts claim. IT IS absolute zero, no doubt about it :p .

Science has not found god because god doesn't exist :p .

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #47 on: Mon, 11 July 2016, 18:36:29 »

And how many people chemically analyze said supplements to see if it's actually ginseng or garlic or whatever? (Not that it would likely matter) I heard some U.S. companies got into trouble recently for selling random junk encapsulated and sold at major retailers like Wal-Mart. I don't know the specifics though.

Well if you're buying your fake meds from wal mart all hope is lost.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #48 on: Mon, 11 July 2016, 18:40:31 »

There is LITERALLY not enough water on the planet to dilute a single molecule of compound to the dilutions homeopathy experts claim. IT IS absolute zero, no doubt about it :p .

Science has not found god because god doesn't exist :p .

End of the world,  gated community..  who lives who dies..

If you think about it,  You'd want as many homeopathic nut-jobs as possible..   More antibiotics and medicine for you.. hahahahahaha.

If it were just Science guys,  they'd all be fighting over the last tetanus vaccine

Online fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #49 on: Mon, 11 July 2016, 18:57:19 »

There is LITERALLY not enough water on the planet to dilute a single molecule of compound to the dilutions homeopathy experts claim.

I thought that their drugs were diluted to about an order of magnitude less potency than normal, to something like the level for training the immune or allergic systems to tolerate hostile substances.