Author Topic: Stroke it and All-In-One Gestures  (Read 2915 times)

Offline Entropia

Stroke it and All-In-One Gestures
« on: Mon, 13 February 2017, 11:53:05 »
Hi. I'd like to talk about two programs that have changed they way I use my computers every day, improving speed and comfort. Both are basically for the same: mouse gestures. Stroke it is a Windows program that remains resident. It can be easily disabled in case it interferes with any program or videogame (you can also create an exclusion list). All-In-One Gestures is a Firefox plugin (I wonder if similar plugins exist for Chrome or other Internet browsers). They allow you to do anything you could imagine, typically pressing the right mouse button and drawing a line (which can be visible or invisible). I have found out that mouse gestures are really an excellent way to do a series of frequent actions in a very quick, intuitive and comfortable way. This is especially true in my case when I reduce those gestures just to a few, so they are really easy to assimilate in my every day work with computers.

I have the following for Windows Explorer (Stroke It):

down: close window (this is the gesture that I most frequently use). It's so much faster than reaching the X button on the windows.
up: maximize window
up-down: minimize window (I use my wheel mouse button for frequently to minimize all windows at once).
left or right: change between opened apps (this has to assigned to a hotkey, and program it with Autohotkey). I don't use it too often.

Firefox (All-In-One Gestures plugin)
up: open new tab (used all the time)
down: close current tab (used all the time)
up-down: go to my homepage (a list of bookmarks)
down-up, reload current tab

I really encourage you to try this. Once you get used to mouse gestures and configure them to your liking, you will love it.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: Stroke it and All-In-One Gestures
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 13 February 2017, 12:35:49 »
I use f6 for address bar.. and middle click the tab to close tab and f5 for reload.

Offline FLOCKA

• New name: ghostdeini
Re: Stroke it and All-In-One Gestures
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 14 February 2017, 17:39:57 »
Thanks for the suggestion! I found crxmouse for chrome and am liking it so far. I'm sure my index finger will appreciate not having to work the scroll wheel so much.