Author Topic: Scam Therapy  (Read 51081 times)

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
Re: Scam Therapy
« Reply #100 on: Fri, 18 March 2016, 15:08:34 »
The scammer is here - ready to scam you all.

It's a lot less exciting than that. I barely even took people's stuff out of their boxes.

Lets talk about scamming....

40+ JD40's that ive built - do you know how many JD40's I've got that I've built? None. Do you know how many Bunny has? None. Do you know how much I got paid for that? About, $10 a board pretty much (not a complaint - I quite enjoyed doing them). I did that for all you that bought them. And while I know it wasn't fast enough for anyone - I'm yet to see another builder do as many of the same board at the same time for a bunch of people.

60+ other keyboards I have made for people in and around this community - I'm running at a massive loss on this one, I've charged about 4 people real money in my life for building them keyboards.

I don't even know how many group buys I organised for you lot, but it was loads, and it used to take up my entire evenings often working on that stuff with Bunny. Again, not a complaint I quite enjoyed doing it.

walk a mile in my shoes - then call me a scammer.

*drop mic*

*picks it up*

Dude, quit ruining expensive equipment.

Offline 27

• The Maple Man
« Reply #101 on: Fri, 18 March 2016, 15:11:27 »

It's a lot less exciting than that. I barely even took people's stuff out of their boxes.

40+ JD40's that ive built - do you know how many JD40's I've got that I've built? None. Do you know how many Bunny has? None. Do you know how much I got paid for that? About, $10 a board pretty much (not a complaint - I quite enjoyed doing them). I did that for all you that bought them. And while I know it wasn't fast enough for anyone - I'm yet to see another builder do as many of the same board at the same time for a bunch of people.

60+ other keyboards I have made for people in and around this community - I'm running at a massive loss on this one, I've charged about 4 people real money in my life for building them keyboards.

I don't even know how many group buys I organised for you lot, but it was loads, and it used to take up my entire evenings often working on that stuff with Bunny. Again, not a complaint I quite enjoyed doing it.

*drop mic*

*picks it up*

**** I hope the soundguy handled the feedback okay.  Way too many blown speakers from dumbasses screwing around at school.
IG: https://www.instagram.com/27mechs/                                        Website: http://www.mech27.com/

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #102 on: Fri, 18 March 2016, 15:34:28 »
good luck epc. Maybe the time frame for your 360c will be better than it was for your 55g hhkb :/
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #103 on: Fri, 18 March 2016, 15:42:15 »
Good to see the Scam Therapy thread working already..

BTW - Tp4, please link some good/rare ramen noodles..

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #104 on: Fri, 18 March 2016, 15:59:40 »

:))

Tp will recommend Maruchan
« Last Edit: Fri, 18 March 2016, 16:03:45 by appleonama »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #105 on: Fri, 18 March 2016, 16:11:50 »

:))

Tp will recommend Maruchan

My budget go to is --Doll--..

They're on the thinner side, which allows you to cook faster.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #106 on: Fri, 18 March 2016, 16:13:30 »

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #107 on: Fri, 18 March 2016, 16:38:22 »

Good to see you back! I wouldn't classify you as a "scammer" but holding onto boards for a very long time without responding isn't the best of ways. Epzy for example even considered getting a plane ticket to retrieve the boards cause he couldn't get you to respond. This went on for a really long time afaik a year or so. However after like an hour of me calling you out you get back. I don't want any unnecessary drama and if the boards can be sent back then everything's good.

Also, doing GB's and losing money on soldering is a great deed, but it doesn't justify 1 year of holding onto boards for thousands of dollars with zero communication. I know you've had some struggles and I hope you have recovered from them as well!
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #108 on: Fri, 18 March 2016, 16:51:53 »
I agree with Signature in that communication is also important. Even little updates every once in a while to let the buyers, etc know they're being acknowledged, considered, and remembered goes a long way.

Also, I've been eating maruchan for years. Would like to branch out.  :thumb:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #110 on: Fri, 18 March 2016, 16:54:12 »
This one?

http://www.amazon.com/Doll-Instant-Noodles-Artificial-103-Grams/dp/B004XXXQPG

yea..

if you do end up trying them dont' cook them all the way through. otherwise you'd make them too soft.

If you're a ramen novice, I'd still go thicker noodles such as shin, because those are more tolerant to cooking times.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #111 on: Fri, 18 March 2016, 16:56:11 »
xai xai, now I'm hungry for rammeen boi

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #112 on: Fri, 18 March 2016, 19:52:30 »
I am all for giving people second chances, and letting them explain themselves. But when the maker comments in the thread saying they haven't even had an order placed with them, that's when I start to think that there isn't really any justification for it. If you have time to come on to geekhack and post an update, change your avatar, you have enough time to order a few thousand dollars worth of stuff.

There is (in my opinion) no excuse with the limited evidence at hand.

Holy **** dude, long time no see. How've you been?
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline -musubi

• Spam rice 'n eggs
« Reply #113 on: Sat, 19 March 2016, 13:21:05 »

Good to see you back! I wouldn't classify you as a "scammer" but holding onto boards for a very long time without responding isn't the best of ways. Epzy for example even considered getting a plane ticket to retrieve the boards cause he couldn't get you to respond. This went on for a really long time afaik a year or so. However after like an hour of me calling you out you get back. I don't want any unnecessary drama and if the boards can be sent back then everything's good.

Also, doing GB's and losing money on soldering is a great deed, but it doesn't justify 1 year of holding onto boards for thousands of dollars with zero communication. I know you've had some struggles and I hope you have recovered from them as well!
Hey man, I don't to accuse you of anything but you also seem to ignore my pms when I'm asking about when you can ship the Arctic Lycan I bought from you and your classified topic disappeared... If you have a legit reason it's cool but isn't it all about the communication as you said?

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #114 on: Sat, 19 March 2016, 13:38:29 »

Hey man, I don't to accuse you of anything but you also seem to ignore my pms when I'm asking about when you can ship the Arctic Lycan I bought from you and your classified topic disappeared... If you have a legit reason it's cool but isn't it all about the communication as you said?
Oh I'm sorry I didn't respond to your PM yesterday, it's going out asap.

I wouldn't call out on scamming if I don't respond to a pm within 24 hours tho.
« Last Edit: Sat, 19 March 2016, 13:41:31 by Signature »

Offline -musubi

• Spam rice 'n eggs
« Reply #115 on: Sat, 19 March 2016, 13:56:52 »

Show Image

Yeah I'm not accusing you of scamming at all, just saying that the communication wasn't there so it's kind of scary right? Especially when people usually ship right away after payment, or at least try to let the buyer know if there will be delays.

I sent payment on March 13 (a week ago), no response to that, then I asked the next day again and then you said you would ship the following day (March 15). Then I asked for another update yesterday, which is the PM you showed so I wouldn't say it was just 24 hours...

I'm not trying to be offensive or anything, just really wondering what the situation is like here since I'm sure no one wants to lose out on anything, and we all want to enjoy our caps!

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #116 on: Sat, 19 March 2016, 14:14:40 »

Show Image

Yeah I'm not accusing you of scamming at all, just saying that the communication wasn't there so it's kind of scary right? Especially when people usually ship right away after payment, or at least try to let the buyer know if there will be delays.

I sent payment on March 13 (a week ago), no response to that, then I asked the next day again and then you said you would ship the following day (March 15). Then I asked for another update yesterday, which is the PM you showed so I wouldn't say it was just 24 hours...

I'm not trying to be offensive or anything, just really wondering what the situation is like here since I'm sure no one wants to lose out on anything, and we all want to enjoy our caps!
Do you know what, I'd rather refund you. I was going to send out the cap, yes I'm sorry I haven't done it before but school is taking up time. However when you go out and call me (indirectly) a scammer for sending within a week, I'd rather deal with someone else. It's a privelege to buy a lycan at my price (retail + shipping) and you still *****ed about it in PM's. I don't want to give you that privilege if you are going out and calling me stuff, there are tons of other friends that wants this cap so I'll gladly give it to them.

If you don't get the refund within 24 hours, you have something to post about in this thread.

Offline -musubi

• Spam rice 'n eggs
« Reply #117 on: Sat, 19 March 2016, 14:19:32 »

Show Image

Do you know what, I'd rather refund you. I was going to send out the cap, yes I'm sorry I haven't done it before but school is taking up time. However when you go out and call me (indirectly) a scammer for sending within a week, I'd rather deal with someone else. It's a privelege to buy a lycan at my price (retail + shipping) and you still *****ed about it in PM's. I don't want to give you that privilege if you are going out and calling me stuff, there are tons of other friends that wants this cap so I'll gladly give it to them.

If you don't get the refund within 24 hours, you have something to post about in this thread.
You could've just said school was taking up time and that you would update me within a week or something, I would've totally understood and given you time. Just from my point of view it was sketchy that you were being active on the forums but not responding to me. Sorry if you feel that way, but honestly who else wouldn't feel the same way I did, especially since I'm new to this kind of thing?

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #118 on: Sat, 19 March 2016, 14:44:10 »
At what point is delay after delay and excuse after excuse not a scam?

^ Indeed, there is a fine line. Sometimes it is difficult to tell. No one wants to be scammed. :(

This Ivan business is the first time I lost money on a buy. It's not the first time one went south tho. So much risk with this stuff.

Ha yeah, I've somehow wiggled out of a lot of buys that went south, but would still not have my **** had I not backed out/sold my spot on some buys, which is basically a scam after 1+ after the date of promised arrival.

I have a pretty bad track record with buys honestly  :confused:
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #119 on: Sat, 19 March 2016, 14:48:35 »
Also margo scammed some ppl afaik

I highly doubt that's true

I know he has a couple people's boards, including a ton of my own, but he's had some very extreme personal circumstances and hasn't been around, I'm not personally worried at all that my stuff is gone forever, I know he will come through

That being said, if you know something I don't I'd love you to shoot me a pm so I know the story

if you could help epzy get his stuff back from Margo that would be nice, he's been trying for a while apparently.

Epc has been ****ed over so much. But he has some fault in it for not calling people out. A year to get **** shipped and still nothing? Ridic. And then he gets shipped broken **** and is still too chicken **** to say anything. But that seems to be a theme here. Popular GHers get away with bull**** because people are afraid of the backlash.

I F****N LOVE YOU DEMIK demik  :-*

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #120 on: Sat, 19 March 2016, 14:56:04 »
How bout this..

Every groupbuy goes through Ebay..

They're insured..

You'll all get your money back..

The ebay fee isn't really that big a deal given the small denominations of items that's being sold.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #121 on: Sat, 19 March 2016, 15:03:45 »
Musubi, send me a PM.  Take the refund and I will sort something out for you.

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #122 on: Sat, 19 March 2016, 16:19:25 »

I know he has a couple people's boards, including a ton of my own, but he's had some very extreme personal circumstances and hasn't been around, I'm not personally worried at all that my stuff is gone forever, I know he will come through

That being said, if you know something I don't I'd love you to shoot me a pm so I know the story

if you could help epzy get his stuff back from Margo that would be nice, he's been trying for a while apparently.

Epc has been ****ed over so much. But he has some fault in it for not calling people out. A year to get **** shipped and still nothing? Ridic. And then he gets shipped broken **** and is still too chicken **** to say anything. But that seems to be a theme here. Popular GHers get away with bull**** because people are afraid of the backlash.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #123 on: Sat, 19 March 2016, 16:25:40 »

Show Image

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #124 on: Sat, 19 March 2016, 22:19:45 »
Xpost from Miami Nights and PBT Dark

IF YOU ARE PART OF AN IVAN GROUP BUY PLEASE READ

More than a reasonable amount of time has passed for Ivan to come forward and explain the situation.
I am now putting together as much evidence as I can to present to the relevant authorities.
I am calling on everyone who has participated in an affected Group Buy to forward me their relevant PayPal transaction details so that we have a solid case if the time calls for it.
The more evidence we gather, the better chance we have of this being taken seriously and getting our money back.

Please send the following:
- Paypal invoice from Ivan for relevant GB
- Paypal receipt from relevant GB
- Your contact details, including name, geekhack username, phone number and address [optional]

to
ivanevidence@gmail.com

The more evidence we get the better chance we have of getting our money back.
If any moderator wants to come forward and take sole or shared ownership of this email address for the sake of oversight please PM me.

If any of you are worried about sending me your personal information, please PM me and we can discuss you sending your evidence directly when the time calls for it.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #125 on: Sat, 19 March 2016, 22:25:32 »
Swimming Bird ,  Man of action..

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #126 on: Sat, 19 March 2016, 22:25:46 »

More than a reasonable amount of time has passed for Ivan to come forward and explain the situation.
I am now putting together as much evidence as I can to present to the relevant authorities.
I am calling on everyone who has participated in an affected Group Buy to forward me their relevant PayPal transaction details so that we have a solid case if the time calls for it.
The more evidence we gather, the better chance we have of this being taken seriously and getting our money back.

- Your contact details, including name, geekhack username, phone number and address [optional]

to
ivanevidence@gmail.com

If any moderator wants to come forward and take sole or shared ownership of this email address for the sake of oversight please PM me.

If any of you are worried about sending me your personal information, please PM me and we can discuss you sending your evidence directly when the time calls for it.

Fantastic. Thanks for doing this :thumb:

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #127 on: Sat, 19 March 2016, 22:26:55 »
swimming bird for pres :thumb:

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #128 on: Sat, 19 March 2016, 22:26:57 »
No problem guys

I hope no one minds me reposting this from time to time in case people don't see it

If you know someone who is affected let them know

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #129 on: Sat, 19 March 2016, 22:34:56 »
No problem guys

I hope no one minds me reposting this from time to time in case people don't see it

It's more relevant than 90% of the stuff in the threads now, i dont see why anyone would get pissed about that haha.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #130 on: Sat, 19 March 2016, 22:50:20 »
No problem guys

It's more relevant than 90% of the stuff in the threads now, i dont see why anyone would get pissed about that haha.

Well, i mean, gotta clear space for -some- ramen..

Ramen is a priority.

Offline jaffers

« Reply #131 on: Sat, 19 March 2016, 23:29:19 »
So when we get all this money from paypal returns and Ivan gets sent to jail, we get the money, and we buy lots and lots of ramen, and then we run a group buy and fund a new ramen company led by tp4, with his knowledge in ramen flavours, and we sell them in south korea, an we have spies over there. And then we get some microelectronics inside the ramen, and then when one of the KKK members (korean kustom keyboards) buys our ramen, the robotic ramen will assemble itself into a spider like thing and crawl out of the packet and hack their computers and download the CAD files for the keyboards and send them back to the western keyboard world and we can reproduce the keyboards for less using capitalistic like methods and make lots of money and make some solid gold keyboards with that profit and we can be like the arabs that have gold lamborghini and **** but keyboards instead

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #132 on: Sat, 19 March 2016, 23:37:19 »
So when we get all this money from paypal returns and Ivan gets sent to jail, we get the money, and we buy lots and lots of ramen, and then we run a group buy and fund a new ramen company led by tp4, with his knowledge in ramen flavours, and we sell them in south korea, an we have spies over there. And then we get some microelectronics inside the ramen, and then when one of the KKK members (korean kustom keyboards) buys our ramen, the robotic ramen will assemble itself into a spider like thing and crawl out of the packet and hack their computers and download the CAD files for the keyboards and send them back to the western keyboard world and we can reproduce the keyboards for less using capitalistic like methods and make lots of money and make some solid gold keyboards with that profit and we can be like the arabs that have gold lamborghini and **** but keyboards instead

Is the Australian heat getting to you?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #133 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 00:41:53 »

i love me too
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #134 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 01:23:30 »
Once I get my money situation in check I think I will sell stuff through ebay. 10+ years of positive feedback... this thread is giving me cold sweats

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #135 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 02:28:08 »

i love me too

Well, at least someone does?

Offline jaffers

« Reply #136 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 05:41:21 »
Is the Australian heat getting to you?

Yes.

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #137 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 06:39:40 »
Wait have you guys legit given up on Ivan?
I don't want to, but damn son...
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #138 on: Sun, 20 March 2016, 08:29:32 »

i love me too
How many times have you...loved yourself...today?

Offline korrelate

• iubeo stultum esse libenter
« Reply #139 on: Sun, 27 March 2016, 19:45:16 »

Topre REALFORCE

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #140 on: Tue, 20 August 2019, 10:54:43 »

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #141 on: Tue, 20 August 2019, 11:05:44 »

*drop mic*

*picks it up*

lol

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #142 on: Tue, 20 August 2019, 11:55:21 »
Not many scam reports of late.. seems like they've moved on from keeb.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #143 on: Tue, 20 August 2019, 12:09:15 »

This is why this is the perfect time for a skam.
Nobody will expect it !
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #144 on: Tue, 20 August 2019, 12:11:45 »
This is why this is the perfect time for a skam.
Nobody will expect it !

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #145 on: Tue, 20 August 2019, 13:37:44 »

Wish this were true, still ongoing scams:

EM.7 and Dolphin (fu Lynn)

Kira 80 (fu zfrontier)

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #146 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 11:49:37 »
Got hyperglides

Still waiting for them to come in the mail :(

Edit: Hyperglides came in :D

Hyperglides are making my productivity mouse smooth as ever!
« Last Edit: Sun, 25 August 2019, 15:01:31 by Sintpinty »

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #147 on: Sat, 24 August 2019, 15:07:30 »
Wish this were true, still ongoing scams:

Kira 80 (fu zfrontier)
Don't forget the Model F keyboard scam which has, since 2016, been supposedly only a few months away from delivering, and literally every single month without fail the "get your orders in by : (insert last day of current month)" as if it is any kind of deadline to pressure people who don't want to miss out, yet as recently as July they're still encouraging people to share links to get as many people in on the buy as possible (even though manufacturing is again supposedly nearly done).

« Last Edit: Sun, 25 August 2019, 04:51:16 by nathanchere »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #148 on: Sat, 24 August 2019, 16:56:28 »

Kira 80 (fu zfrontier)

Read up on these,   they don't seem to be straight scams,  Mere Incompetence.

That said, all the best to anyone still crossing fingers arms and thighs for product.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #149 on: Sun, 25 August 2019, 15:00:46 »

to
ivanevidence@gmail.com

Please explain what this fuss is about.