Author Topic: Anyone buying an iPhone 6?  (Read 117395 times)

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
Re: Anyone buying an iPhone 6?
« Reply #800 on: Thu, 08 September 2016, 06:26:40 »
So my MX Master from Logitech has a button on the bottom that I can press, and it switch devices instantly.

I'd like to see this happen with headphones.

I'm currently using a HHKB BT with my MX Master. I also have wired headphones, and I haven't seen any high end headphones that are wireless. The worse thing about my desk is this stupid wire. I want to be able to switch between my phone, my laptop, and my PC perhaps with one button press. I won't have to reach behind my PC, unplug the headphones, and plug them back in.

The cable is also something that usually breaks first in earphones, and they're a nuisance when they get tangled, or stuck on something etc. So why not force companies to start making more wireless headphones/earphones? The companies won't have to, but if they have the best, then there will be lots of sales and innovation.

People will hate because it's Apple, and there isn't much you can do about that. But what we can do is wait and see how it pans out. I think it's worth it.

Throwing it out there, it does take courage. They used it in the wrong way, but it absolutely does.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #801 on: Thu, 08 September 2016, 08:38:24 »
So why not force companies to start making more wireless headphones/earphones? The companies won't have to, but if they have the best, then there will be lots of sales and innovation.

People will hate because it's Apple, and there isn't much you can do about that. But what we can do is wait and see how it pans out. I think it's worth it.

Throwing it out there, it does take courage. They used it in the wrong way, but it absolutely does.
I like what you wrote there and you are absolutely right. This change is for the better and with Siri being the future UI, who cares about wires?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #802 on: Thu, 08 September 2016, 09:04:28 »
prolly want to get a dac though, cuz now you're gonna be on a higher noise floor from the denser traces in the area

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #803 on: Thu, 08 September 2016, 09:44:56 »
I have an HTC One M8 that is still going, at least for now. Part of me wants to upgrade, but $869 is a tough pill to swallow (Jet Black 128GB) for something that I'm not really using all of the time. I'd much rather be in front of a computer for consuming media.

I don't mind the removal of the headphone jack. There are plenty of decent bluetooth headphones for every day use that do not cost an arm and a leg (original Jaybird Bluebuds are $79 at Walmart) - I've been using Powerbeats 2 for a while and don't miss the headphone jack. Using high end headphones with something like an iPhone seems a bit unfounded... I have Sennheiser 598's that I have never wanted to plug into my phone.

Offline WarCommand

« Reply #804 on: Thu, 08 September 2016, 10:43:09 »
I might be the only person in the world who upgraded from a 6 to an SE by choice, and I'm still stoked on how compact it is.

That glossy back on the jet black 7 is gnarly.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #805 on: Thu, 08 September 2016, 13:25:52 »
yeah but if it were literally 1mm thicker they would have been able to fit a jack in there, it's an extremely cheap part costing only cents on the dollar and it wouldn't alienate half of your consumer base.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #806 on: Thu, 08 September 2016, 13:58:05 »
And comparing the headphone jack to floppy drives is inane. 3.5mm jacks are the sound standard across the world for the best sounding and most available technology and Apple is abandoning a world standard for their proprietary technology that doesn't even sound as good. There's nothing cool or good about this move, it is a clear money grab in every sense.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #807 on: Thu, 08 September 2016, 14:15:14 »
Goodbye little hole that fit my Weiner

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #808 on: Thu, 08 September 2016, 14:57:46 »
And comparing the headphone jack to floppy drives is inane. 3.5mm jacks are the sound standard across the world for the best sounding and most available technology and Apple is abandoning a world standard for their proprietary technology that doesn't even sound as good. There's nothing cool or good about this move, it is a clear money grab in every sense.

Agreed.  And I'll leave this here.

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2016/09/end-headphone-jacks-rise-drm

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #809 on: Thu, 08 September 2016, 17:28:08 »

standard across the world for the best sounding and most available technology

How many people on keyboard forums are clamoring for wireless keyboards?

There is a place and a niche, but it is not the mainstream.

One the other hand, your phone could be a hotspot and you could have a party if everybody could tune in to the same music.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #810 on: Thu, 08 September 2016, 21:52:41 »
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #811 on: Fri, 09 September 2016, 05:34:37 »
Jet Black iPhone 7+ models already pushed back to November  :))

and we wonder why iPhones can't be cheaper...

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #812 on: Fri, 09 September 2016, 07:30:28 »

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #813 on: Fri, 09 September 2016, 08:21:38 »
The price of these phones is f-ing insanity.  Not interested.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #814 on: Fri, 09 September 2016, 09:05:43 »
I'm going to get one as soon as they come back into stock in the UK  :)) I'm using an iPhone 5 with a huge crack on the screen and screen burn from my overheating battery, so I really desperately need one

I'm looking at getting one in November ish SIM free on the Apple Upgrade plan. I have a good SIM only deal and I save over £300 doing it this way as opposed to getting it on contract with a major UK carrier.

128gb gold 7 plus plz.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #815 on: Fri, 09 September 2016, 09:21:35 »
Wifey just ordered the 128gb 7 Plus in Silver, definitely jelly. Need to wait to pay my phone off now as the home button is dead :(

Offline wishful_cynic

« Reply #816 on: Fri, 09 September 2016, 09:26:20 »
I might be the only person in the world who upgraded from a 6 to an SE by choice, and I'm still stoked on how compact it is.

The SE is very nice.  My son got one for his first cell phone and I like the design of the 5 with those slanted edges better than the rounded look of the 6.  But, yes, the jet black looks pretty sweet and I'm excited for the 7 Plus.

Offline WarCommand

« Reply #817 on: Fri, 09 September 2016, 09:40:50 »

The SE is very nice.  My son got one for his first cell phone and I like the design of the 5 with those slanted edges better than the rounded look of the 6.  But, yes, the jet black looks pretty sweet and I'm excited for the 7 Plus.
The sharp edges of the 5/SE >>> the curves of the 6. I prefer having nothing but a dbrand skin on my phones, and that 6 is pretty much begging to slip out of my hand when I hold it.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #818 on: Fri, 09 September 2016, 09:44:53 »
The price of these phones is f-ing insanity.  Not interested.
Still cheaper than Herr Freitag. Who's insane?

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #819 on: Fri, 09 September 2016, 11:13:00 »
Apparently the jet black scratches really really really easily.

Offline WarCommand

« Reply #820 on: Fri, 09 September 2016, 11:14:58 »
I caught that; even at their keynote they basically said, "it's gonna scratch a lot, so if you don't like that, you can put a case on it."

Offline slip84

• GUYDUDE MAGICIAN
« Reply #821 on: Fri, 09 September 2016, 19:36:16 »
The headphone jack thing doesn't really bother me either way.

I mean, after all, I'm still using a 5s.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #822 on: Fri, 09 September 2016, 23:55:54 »

I'm finally thinking of upgrading to the SE

still using my 5.. but i haz no friends,  so ..... basically not really using my fone..

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #823 on: Sat, 10 September 2016, 00:51:33 »

still using my 5.. but i haz no friends,  so ..... basically not really using my fone..
Show Image

Awe, post your number here and you'll get lots of texts!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #824 on: Sat, 10 September 2016, 09:48:46 »

Show Image

Awe, post your number here and you'll get lots of texts!

But Tp4 has made too many enemies on the internet ..

Offline slip84

• GUYDUDE MAGICIAN
« Reply #825 on: Sat, 10 September 2016, 10:41:03 »
I won't lie. The new high-end one has some nifty camera **** going on.

Tempted.

And the lack of a headphone port is like whatever.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #826 on: Sun, 11 September 2016, 03:46:33 »
Wifey just ordered the 128gb 7 Plus in Silver, definitely jelly. Need to wait to pay my phone off now as the home button is dead :(

You have an iPhone?  There's an assistive technology thing that you can turn on that puts a large dot on the screen that you can tap instead of the home button.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #827 on: Sun, 11 September 2016, 06:00:54 »
I won't lie. The new high-end one has some nifty camera **** going on.

Tempted.

And the lack of a headphone port is like whatever.

all the good looking people taking selfies..

You'd never see Tp4 do this.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #828 on: Mon, 12 September 2016, 10:50:43 »

I did exactly that. :thumb:

I love the form factor and design of the 5/SE, and it's got the same processor as the 6s.  What's not to love?  :D  The battery also lasts farrr longer than my 6 battery did.

Offline WarCommand

« Reply #829 on: Mon, 12 September 2016, 11:01:34 »

I love the form factor and design of the 5/SE, and it's got the same processor as the 6s.  What's not to love?  :D  The battery also lasts farrr longer than my 6 battery did.
Dude, yes. I nixed the case I had too and opted for a full-coverage dbrand skin. Can't beat the form factor of the 5/SE, especially caseless. Love the rigid corners/edges.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #830 on: Mon, 12 September 2016, 12:00:04 »

Dude, yes. I nixed the case I had too and opted for a full-coverage dbrand skin. Can't beat the form factor of the 5/SE, especially caseless. Love the rigid corners/edges.

Best case is the spigen neo hybrid for iphone 5/se

the blueblack one looks very svelte..  and preserves the edge styling, but it's all covered. It also fits really well with the glass screen cover, where the side bumper is just slightly taller than the glass cover after it's been installed..

Alot of the other cases fit the glass screen cover, but their surface rim bumper section is not thick enough to prevent the cover from touching flat surfaces when applied.

They got different colors, but the blueblack one looks most --slimming-- I don't want my fone to look fat..

Although now that my fone looks thin.. it makes TP4 look fat by comparison..

Offline WarCommand

« Reply #831 on: Mon, 12 September 2016, 12:21:45 »
Spigen's stuff is well-made. The soft textured Ringke Slim for the SE is nicer IMO, but I prefer not having anything on there except a skin to protect from scratches, and a tempered glass screen protector. I've never dropped a phone (knock on wood) and I prefer the minimalist approach.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #832 on: Mon, 12 September 2016, 13:06:28 »
Spigen's stuff is well-made. The soft textured Ringke Slim for the SE is nicer IMO, but I prefer not having anything on there except a skin to protect from scratches, and a tempered glass screen protector. I've never dropped a phone (knock on wood) and I prefer the minimalist approach.

Spigen has a version of that slim case too..

But The reason I stopped using those 1 piece cover cases, is because they have a much more Limited ANGLE of protection against drops.

Many times, the one piece clipon cases would Pop off if you drop the phone..

So, imagine the scenario,  the phone is dropped, the case pops off, at this point, the phone is Still Airborne because it has bounced on the ground.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #833 on: Mon, 12 September 2016, 21:03:08 »

I like Spigen too but when I changed to the Neo Hybrid with Aluminium bumper corners, I feel that the aluminium screws up with the reception. I find that my wifi and 4G signals are not as strong as before. It could be an impression, not a science but I am much happier when I swap back to the Spigen Tough Armor.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #834 on: Mon, 12 September 2016, 21:22:01 »

I like Spigen too but when I changed to the Neo Hybrid with Aluminium bumper corners, I feel that the aluminium screws up with the reception. I find that my wifi and 4G signals are not as strong as before. It could be an impression, not a science but I am much happier when I swap back to the Spigen Tough Armor.

aluminum bumper corners?

None of the neo hybrid has aluminum.. Did you get a different brand or was it the back plate hard cover ?

Offline WarCommand

« Reply #835 on: Mon, 12 September 2016, 22:04:26 »

But The reason I stopped using those 1 piece cover cases, is because they have a much more Limited ANGLE of protection against drops.

So, imagine the scenario,  the phone is dropped, the case pops off, at this point, the phone is Still Airborne because it has bounced on the ground.
I can imagine that scenario for someone else but not me.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #836 on: Mon, 12 September 2016, 22:57:31 »

Dropping the phone is a matter of Certainty..  Just a matter of time..

The case not popping off is the difference between protection and a cracked screen..

Offline WarCommand

« Reply #837 on: Mon, 12 September 2016, 22:58:13 »

Dropping your phone is a matter of Certainty..

The case not popping off is the difference between protection and a crack screen..
I am certain that I will not drop my phone

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #838 on: Mon, 12 September 2016, 23:06:45 »

Dropping your phone is a matter of Certainty..

The case not popping off is the difference between protection and a crack screen..

Kids these days.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #839 on: Tue, 13 September 2016, 03:32:45 »

aluminum bumper corners?

None of the neo hybrid has aluminum.. Did you get a different brand or was it the back plate hard cover ?

This one, I think.
http://www.technologytell.com/apple/143439/iphone-6-case-review-spigen-neo-hybrid-metal-case/

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #840 on: Tue, 13 September 2016, 09:29:04 »

aluminum bumper corners?

This one, I think.
http://www.technologytell.com/apple/143439/iphone-6-case-review-spigen-neo-hybrid-metal-case/

Oh, they don't make that one for iphone 5.. hahaha.. i were confused..

Well, yea, then get their Plastic one.. hahaha

Plastic offers better protection because it deforms more and faster to reduce the impulse force transferred to the phone.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #841 on: Wed, 14 September 2016, 04:33:14 »

I never dropped my 3GS (it actually lasted me through a ****ing war without breaking), then had a 5 for about 18 months and had dropped it a few times but never did any damage to it. One time I was in a car park and dropped my iPhone and didn't break it, said out loud; "I've dropped this so much and haven't cracked the screen once!" Not two minutes later, I dropped it onto the really rough, bumpy ****ty surface of the car park, and cracked the screen. I have been slowly ruining the phone ever since and it looks awful

I quite like the Tech21 Evo Mech case for the 7 Plus. Probably going to be the one I get.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #842 on: Wed, 14 September 2016, 10:06:31 »

I never dropped my 3GS (it actually lasted me through a ****ing war without breaking), then had a 5 for about 18 months and had dropped it a few times but never did any damage to it. One time I was in a car park and dropped my iPhone and didn't break it, said out loud; "I've dropped this so much and haven't cracked the screen once!" Not two minutes later, I dropped it onto the really rough, bumpy ****ty surface of the car park, and cracked the screen. I have been slowly ruining the phone ever since and it looks awful

I quite like the Tech21 Evo Mech case for the 7 Plus. Probably going to be the one I get.

Who comes up with these names.. hhahahahaha...   not quite pot-dealer level,  but it's up there.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #843 on: Wed, 14 September 2016, 11:51:54 »

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #844 on: Thu, 20 October 2016, 22:43:13 »
The home button is a lot cooler than I thought it would be.

It's like night and day going from a 5 to a 7 plus holy ****.

Offline wishful_cynic

« Reply #845 on: Fri, 21 October 2016, 07:17:37 »

Loving the 7 Plus.  That's a huge screen upgrade for you, I even love the big difference from 6 to 7 Plus.  Only complaint is I asked our IT people for jet black and got matte black but that's ok, might be a blessing in disguise based on scratch proneness of jet black.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #846 on: Fri, 21 October 2016, 10:48:03 »

5, not even a 5s?  So Touch ID is new for you?  :D  That's a huge upgrade.  And the 6s Touch ID upgrade is sweet too, way faster and more reliable.  :thumb:

Offline YoshiCaps

• yes, oh god no.
« Reply #847 on: Sat, 22 October 2016, 12:12:07 »
im an android fan and the iphone 7 just came out for anyone wanting to put themselves trough that test.
hi.