Author Topic: Things you hate  (Read 251540 times)

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
Re: Things you hate
« Reply #1550 on: Sun, 25 May 2014, 05:57:11 »
i hate moist butt
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline vasconqs

« Reply #1551 on: Sun, 25 May 2014, 13:47:31 »
(...) stuff like saying a screen as a 21:9 aspect ratio instead of 7:3 (...)
(...) it is easer for your brain to say "ah yes, 21:9 is wider than 16:9" than it would be to compare 7:3 to 16:9. (...)

Even so, I hate it. If people can't understand fractions, I'd prefer the use of silly words. Like Wide-Ass MegaHD™.
Also, since we're on the subject, I hate having all those different aspect ratios. I want my movies to show on all the pixels of my TV. I paid dearly for each and every pixel. Don't "anamorph" my "PALplus" "CineScope". Just reach the inevitable conclusion of 2:1 which you are going to anyway. Or round π to 3. What do I care.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #1552 on: Sun, 25 May 2014, 21:51:23 »
I hate it when people say "My screen has 1920×1080 resolution.".
No it doesn't. There is a difference between media/graphics card resolution and screen resolution. The movie you play on the screen can be 1920×1080 or the video mode can be 800×600. You could use the number of pixels only to compare screens of the same physical size, otherwise screen resolution is measured in pixels per inch.
For instance, an iPhone 5 with a 1136×640 4" screen has about three times the resolution than a 1920×1080 21" screen. Fewer pixels, yes, but higher resolution: 326 PPI vs 110 PPI.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #1553 on: Sun, 25 May 2014, 21:55:48 »
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1554 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 15:44:43 »
God I almost feel like crying. I work as a sound engineer digitzing cassettes and we switched from Sound Forge 10 to 11 about a month ago. Preservation quality is 96,000hz/24bit audio, and for the past month or so I have UNKNOWINGLY been doing 44,100hz/16bit because of stupid software defaults.

So I have to do all of those tapes over again. I just found this out now.

Luckily I have a boss who loves me but I feel absolutely terrible.  :(

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1555 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 20:16:27 »
Parents who buy their kids noise-making toys. You can't blame the kids, but what would possess a parent to set themselves up like that?

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #1556 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 20:22:06 »
Parents who buy their kids noise-making toys. You can't blame the kids, but what would possess a parent to set themselves up like that?

The kids having a temper-tantrum for a half-hour and they won't stop until the parents cave in and buy them noise-makers?

Not sure which would be worse in this situation...
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #1557 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 20:24:18 »
Power outages
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1558 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 20:29:39 »

The kids having a temper-tantrum for a half-hour and they won't stop until the parents cave in and buy them noise-makers?

Buy them a different toy, and most of the time they will forget what they wanted the first time.

OR, and bare with me here, learn to say no so your kid doesn't throw tantrums all the time.

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #1559 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 20:33:59 »

Buy them a different toy, and most of the time they will forget what they wanted the first time.

OR, and bare with me here, learn to say no so your kid doesn't throw tantrums all the time.

Good point. Parenting: it's extinct. ALL parents **** up ALL children, in one way or another...
tp thread is tp thread

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #1560 on: Tue, 27 May 2014, 22:41:05 »
plastic containers that melt in the microwave....  you just can't tell sometimes...

Offline iri

« Reply #1561 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 04:40:33 »
just slap the kid's butt.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1562 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 07:33:39 »
just slap the kid's butt.

Some places in USA will take your kids away and put you in jail for that.  ::)

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #1563 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 07:43:59 »
Right now I'm hating Malphas' bull****.
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #1564 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 07:47:00 »
I HATE COLDS. I WANT TO KILL WHOEVER GAVE IT TO ME. WORST TIMING FOR A COLD EVER.
tp thread is tp thread

Offline iri

« Reply #1565 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 08:12:09 »
I HATE COLDS. I WANT TO KILL WHOEVER GAVE IT TO ME. WORST TIMING FOR A COLD EVER.
let me just hug you

(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #1566 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 08:18:26 »
awww
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline D01

« Reply #1567 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 08:38:11 »
Bums, transients, and hippies.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #1568 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 12:48:44 »
I dislike King.

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #1569 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 12:51:46 »
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline iri

« Reply #1570 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 13:05:12 »
I dislike King.
Don King the boxing promoter?

-Ray Bradbury

Offline C5Allroad

• Formerly HUNTERANGEL121
  • Watch out, I post when half asleep.
« Reply #1571 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 16:40:10 »
I had to take my final while sick... I was throwing up all day long, and since Miami-Dade is ****ing amazing, I wasn't allowed to take the test on another day....

Offline D01

« Reply #1572 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 18:58:28 »
The post office.

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #1573 on: Thu, 29 May 2014, 10:06:57 »
when suddenly all over the place

(my kb's are unharmed)
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #1574 on: Thu, 29 May 2014, 22:22:49 »
Hot weather. I wish I could move to someplace that doesn't really have summer.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1575 on: Fri, 30 May 2014, 05:10:07 »

Hate cold weather, would swap easily with you in a heartbeat because I love the feeling of sweat dripping down my face in the burning furnace  :thumb: .

Offline C5Allroad

• Formerly HUNTERANGEL121
  • Watch out, I post when half asleep.
« Reply #1576 on: Fri, 30 May 2014, 06:00:29 »
My friend in Norway says it's always cold. There are like 2 or 3 days that hot lol

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #1577 on: Fri, 30 May 2014, 08:30:28 »
My neighbor. Seriously, that guy needs to take a long walk off a short pier.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1578 on: Fri, 30 May 2014, 08:37:17 »
My neighbor. Seriously, that guy needs to take a long walk off a short pier.

This is why I dread buying any of the houses we are currently looking at they all have neighbors.....

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #1579 on: Fri, 30 May 2014, 08:41:32 »
So glad I live in the woods...
tp thread is tp thread

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #1580 on: Fri, 30 May 2014, 08:42:30 »
My friend in Norway says it's always cold. There are like 2 or 3 days that hot lol

Not true. Typical over exaggeration. :p There have been at least ~2 weeks of warm and sunny days so far, and the summer hasn't even really started yet.
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline iri

« Reply #1581 on: Fri, 30 May 2014, 09:42:36 »
Norway

-Ray Bradbury

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #1582 on: Fri, 30 May 2014, 11:26:22 »
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #1583 on: Fri, 30 May 2014, 11:36:54 »

Not true. Typical over exaggeration. :p There have been at least ~2 weeks of warm and sunny days so far, and the summer hasn't even really started yet.
I suppose Narvik has somewhat different weather, but yeah I've seriously considered moving to Ireland or some part of Scandinavia or Canada with constant (rainy -_-) weather.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #1584 on: Fri, 30 May 2014, 11:38:15 »
Norway
No kidding. Norway's state television's logo on the building in the background.

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #1585 on: Fri, 30 May 2014, 11:38:58 »

I suppose Narvik has somewhat different weather, but yeah I've seriously considered moving to Ireland or some part of Scandinavia or Canada with constant (rainy -_-) weather.

Bergen is notorious for having a lot of rainy days. :P No idea about Narvik. Our summers can be pretty random. So far this year it's been pretty good, I'm not complaining.
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #1586 on: Fri, 30 May 2014, 11:48:39 »
Nice warm weather is OK... like 20-25C is just fine. What I can't stand is 30+ with high humidity. I suppose I wouldn't be *****ing about it as much if my place wasn't west facing. My poor AC can't keep up against the severe greenhouse effect in the afternoon. Going to make some mylar coated canvas on inside facing window panels to try and block out that **** sun in a couple days. Hopefully that will help.
« Last Edit: Fri, 30 May 2014, 11:50:13 by IvanIvanovich »

Offline iri

« Reply #1587 on: Sat, 31 May 2014, 05:43:02 »
is des moines really that humid in summer?

i'm lucky to say that here we have 35-50% humidity when the weather is hot. and also i live in a house built in empire times, with 1m thick brick walls, so i never need AC. it's always mild inside.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #1588 on: Sat, 31 May 2014, 10:10:06 »
I ****ING HATE INSECTS. LET ME EAT IN PEACE.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #1589 on: Sat, 31 May 2014, 10:14:17 »
Yes it's ****. It's currently at 87% humidity.

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #1590 on: Sat, 31 May 2014, 13:44:02 »
This time of the year the weather here is the best, 25 during the day 18 at night. I am walking my dog 7 times a day :D
This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before.

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #1591 on: Mon, 02 June 2014, 00:25:54 »
The awkward small talk that bankers always seem to attempt.

Likely made to do it, by their branch managers...  :rolleyes:
i type, therefore i geekhack

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1592 on: Mon, 02 June 2014, 01:35:07 »

Just talk about Die Hard. When they ask you something, relate it as an allegory for Die Hard, because Die Hard is an allegory for life.

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #1593 on: Mon, 02 June 2014, 02:37:53 »

Just talk about Die Hard. When they ask you something, relate it as an allegory for Die Hard, because Die Hard is an allegory for life.

"So, how's your day been?"

i type, therefore i geekhack

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #1594 on: Mon, 02 June 2014, 02:54:12 »

that, and they treat you like **** unless you have 20 million +

seirously.. anyone with less than 20 million dollars.. they don't give a **** about..

If you had 19.99999 million.. They don't give a ****...

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1595 on: Mon, 02 June 2014, 03:02:02 »
that, and they treat you like **** unless you have 20 million +

seirously.. anyone with less than 20 million dollars.. they don't give a **** about..

If you had 19.99999 million.. They don't give a ****...

You sure, my ANZ Bank Manager is real decent, never gives me a hard time when an extension is required or if I need another $750K loan.

Maybe you haven't met that nice bank manager just yet because they do exist  8) .

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #1596 on: Mon, 02 June 2014, 09:10:39 »
In my experience all bank managers were super nice with me and everyone I know.
This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #1597 on: Tue, 03 June 2014, 06:43:15 »
I hate when people take every article that comes across facebook as fact.  Including stuff from the onion and similar sites.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1598 on: Tue, 03 June 2014, 06:56:14 »
I hate when people take every article that comes across facebook as fact.  Including stuff from the onion and similar sites.

You mean those aren't real? :P :D

Yeah I know quite a few people who get all upset over things that went around 4 or 5 years ago that still show up as 'new news' on facebook. Spiders under toilet seats anyone?

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #1599 on: Tue, 03 June 2014, 08:32:54 »
Oh man I hate that 8fact site cause none of the facts are actually true/ haven't been tested properly, and all my friends seems to believe it.
Very busy with studies atm.