Author Topic: Things you hate  (Read 251544 times)

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
Re: Things you hate
« Reply #700 on: Sun, 06 January 2013, 21:59:10 »
When KL and Tp4 post.

Should add mr. windows to that list.
[...]
Because they troll to troll and are obtuse solely to be obtuse.

MW doesn't belong on the list.
tp4 used to troll a lot more but now he's just boring and sad.
\KL doesn't troll so much as he has ludicrous ideas on how he thinks the world should work* while completely disregarding reality as it exists. the only trolling he does is by simply existing and believing the things he believes, and letting other people freak out about it. but he has good taste in music :)

*look at me calling other people idealistic. isn't that weird?!
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline keyboardlover

• Hey Paul Walker, Click It or Ticket!
    • http://www.keyboardlover.com
« Reply #701 on: Sun, 06 January 2013, 22:01:02 »
\KL doesn't troll so much as he has ludicrous ideas on how he thinks the world should work* while completely disregarding reality as it exists.

NOW who's trolling?

If you think I'm wrong about something, then say so.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #702 on: Sun, 06 January 2013, 22:02:33 »
i think braid is overrated
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline deepthawt

• ︻̷̿┻̿═━一
    • my programming hobby site, interactive jigsaws, photos &c
« Reply #703 on: Sun, 06 January 2013, 22:12:15 »
mini USB connectors on the outside edge of anything, without strain relief.  :mad:

I am totally restraining myself here.
More
[| Ducky Shine II 9087 Yellow LED/BlueMX  |  Saitek Eclipse II  |  IBM Model M 1391401  | Cherry G80-5000  |  Logitech diNovo Mini  |  Microsoft Natural Ergonomic 4000  |  Matias Quiet Pro PC  |  Dell TH836  |  NEC KB-6923  |  Fujitsu FKB4700  |  GearHead Mini USB  KB1700U (89 key) | Filco Majestouch-2 ninja/blues  |   Matias Mini Quiet Pro PC | Ducky Shine 4/Clear MX | E Element RGB Silver/Black Outemu |]

Offline NikoGasm

• Platinum mad.
    • Twitch
« Reply #704 on: Sun, 06 January 2013, 22:23:15 »
You know what I hate more than anything? When people chew with their mouth open. My biggest pet peeve is those disgusting lip-smacky noises that people make. Ugh, it makes me want to slap them and their parents.

Regardless of if the sound is caused by food or not, it's that sound that drives me crazy.
| MX Mini | Ducky DK1087 | A87 |

Offline razorsharpgears

• TheOriginalBecker
    • Becker's 市場 рынок Markt - Sell/Buy/Trade
« Reply #705 on: Sun, 06 January 2013, 22:28:26 »
You know what I hate more than anything? When people chew with their mouth open. My biggest pet peeve is those disgusting lip-smacky noises that people make. Ugh, it makes me want to slap them and their parents.

Regardless of if the sound is caused by food or not, it's that sound that drives me crazy.
Dude... I thought I was the only one, pisses the hell out of me. And I seem to notice it everywhere I go :/
Here at GeekClack, time isn't worth anything because CCs are money.
"You cannot plan the future. Only presumptuous fools plan. The wise man steers."
— Cosmo Lavish
|WTB/T/S| Thread ←Link

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #706 on: Sun, 06 January 2013, 22:32:36 »
When KL and Tp4 post.

Should add mr. windows to that list.
[...]
Because they troll to troll and are obtuse solely to be obtuse.

\KL doesn't troll so much as he has ludicrous ideas on how he thinks the world should work* while completely disregarding reality as it exists. the only trolling he does is by simply existing and believing the things he believes, and letting other people freak out about it. but he has good taste in music :)

*look at me calling other people idealistic. isn't that weird?!

sth, please stop being a tyrant!

i know obama sent you to be a tyrant.

i mean, i dont know what it is to live under tyranny, but damn it i'll throw that word around if i feel like it.

TYRANT.

TYRANT!
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #707 on: Sun, 06 January 2013, 22:33:18 »
good ol' fashioned OBAMUNISM

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #708 on: Sun, 06 January 2013, 23:06:54 »
KL has > 10,000 posts - he has transcended trolling ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Glissant

« Reply #709 on: Sun, 06 January 2013, 23:21:43 »
KL doesn't like my threads :( He hates me :'(

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #710 on: Sun, 06 January 2013, 23:26:33 »

Unless he said that in this thread, then it's not true :D
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Amr0d

« Reply #711 on: Mon, 07 January 2013, 05:45:56 »
I hate my job, some people I need to work with, some people at home, random people I meet on the street, stupid questions, stupid answers, being late (both sides), not being honest to me, not being reliable to me, being single and that are no ISO DE Kits for my Keyboard sets.

There are probably a few more things I hate but I forget lots of stuff. But I love baby dogs and cats:
Filco MJ2 TKL browns | Race 75% LE reds | Phantom GH Edition soon™

HeatWare

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #712 on: Mon, 07 January 2013, 06:42:09 »
Lol @ sth and demik.

You guys don't even know what tyranny is man. You've already accepted your shackles. "Thank you massah!"

Trying to explain freedom to a statist is like trying to explain the sky to a fish. That doesn't mean I'm wrong...it just means I have a completely different view of reality than you do. I can prove with facts that it's most correct, but statists never like to hear the truth - because it disproves everything they believe in.

Wut dude? I don't remember saying that!

Offline Alessandro

• * Vendor
  • The Price Is Right
    • Alessandro's Sweet Shop
« Reply #713 on: Mon, 07 January 2013, 06:50:51 »
Who does every thread on here become an argument?
KBC Poker | MX Reds | Beige Doubleshots
Goldtouch 10Key Pad | MX Browns | Beige Doubleshots
IBM Model M-122 Terminal (Bolt modded) | Buckling Springs | Beige Dyesubs

Alessandro's Sweet Shop- "I never said they were art."

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #714 on: Mon, 07 January 2013, 06:53:18 »
Who does every thread on here become an argument?

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #715 on: Mon, 07 January 2013, 06:56:28 »
Trying to explain freedom to a statist is like trying to explain the sky to a fish. That doesn't mean I'm wrong...it just means I have a completely different view of reality than you do. I can prove with facts that it's most correct, but statists never like to hear the truth - because it disproves everything they believe in.

"Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics... Even if you win, you're still retarded."

KL, take what you just said and imagine someone said that to you.  Could you, even as a thought experiment, do that yourself?  Hell no.  Everyone who you are so sure are clinging to false 'facts' believe the same thing about your 'facts'.  It goes on and on.  All y'all should just realize that you are all believers and there's nothing you can do to argue with a believer.

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #716 on: Mon, 07 January 2013, 06:59:42 »
I get what you're saying, but at the end of the day it's fine if people want to believe in statism (although it's the most dangerous religion in the world and the writing is on the wall regarding the body count). The problem is that these people don't believe that others should have the right to simply be left alone. And, I can disprove it with truth, but truth is the most frightening thing to a statist. It disproves everything they've been indoctrinated to believe in.

i think braid is overrated

That's fine if you think that. I think they are underrated.
« Last Edit: Mon, 07 January 2013, 09:23:31 by keyboardlover »

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #717 on: Mon, 07 January 2013, 09:27:06 »
Although at heart I am entirely sympathetic to the "libertarian ideal" I also believe that the world has become too complicated to be left to its own devices.

People are inherently selfish and the world is horribly overpopulated now, and still growing.

Whatever problems exist anyway are magnified as populations increase and further stress whatever systems are required to support them.

In my opinion, a human population in the 1-3 billion range would probably be most comfortable and appropriate for the planet Earth. And since the world has become so "small" with instantaneous universal communication, a single planetary government is probably inevitable within a couple of generations. I just hope it is not China that replaces the US as the global police force in the meantime.

It would be nice if there were a few million acres of wilderness, on each continent, set aside in park-like structures, where those people who wanted to get off the grid and be self-sufficient could do so, but what have I been smoking?

"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #718 on: Mon, 07 January 2013, 09:56:13 »
I think the things you bring up prove exactly why statism is so dangerous and why the right of people to be left alone should be respected. All the things you bring up - government legitimizes these problems and makes them much worse.

Anarchism is not what most people think. It's not "just winging it" and it's not "chaos". It's order through voluntary association. It's respecting the right of others to be left alone. It's leadership by example.
« Last Edit: Mon, 07 January 2013, 10:21:48 by keyboardlover »

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #719 on: Mon, 07 January 2013, 10:45:17 »
...and it's the weirdest kind of utopia I've ever heard of.

Offline keyboardlover

Re: Re: Things you hate
« Reply #720 on: Mon, 07 January 2013, 11:07:22 »

It may be weird to you, but it's not a "utopia". Define that word! The entire concept is completely different for everyone. One man's paradise is another's hell. Which is precisely why people should have the right to be left alone.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #721 on: Mon, 07 January 2013, 11:17:59 »
I hate keyboards.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #722 on: Mon, 07 January 2013, 11:28:15 »

It may be weird to you, but it's not a "utopia". Define that word! The entire concept is completely different for everyone. One man's paradise is another's hell. Which is precisely why people should have the right to be left alone.

It won't work unless you get perfect people... somehow somewhere. We, humans aren't nice creatures. We pursue our own goals, our behavior is affected by emotions, and therefore we sometimes fail in the hawk-dove game.

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #723 on: Mon, 07 January 2013, 12:26:49 »
It won't work unless you get perfect people... somehow somewhere. We, humans aren't nice creatures. We pursue our own goals, our behavior is affected by emotions, and therefore we sometimes fail in the hawk-dove game.

Nah man, that's the whole point...this is a common misconception. The fact that we are so imperfect and different is precisely why government doesn't work. We don't need government to enjoy voluntary associations and get along with each other (nor to settle disagreements with each other). The issue is that government monopolizes the legitimate use for force and arbitration - which assumes that the rules they enforce, at point of gun, all make sense for everyone.

Are there bad people? Of course - that is why you don't want to have a government! Why would you want to put that kind of power into the hands of bad people? And just look at how devastating the outcome is...

I like the way Ernie Hancock put it: There are two types of people in the world. Those who want to be left alone, and those who simply will not leave them alone.
« Last Edit: Mon, 07 January 2013, 12:30:54 by keyboardlover »

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #724 on: Mon, 07 January 2013, 12:45:32 »
And lack of government does work? Tell me about it...

If people want to protect themselves from famine, predators, other people,... they need to organize themselves. It's usually called state, and it usually has some sort of... wait for it... government.

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #725 on: Mon, 07 January 2013, 13:03:47 »
And lack of government does work? Tell me about it...

If people want to protect themselves from famine, predators, other people,... they need to organize themselves. It's usually called state, and it usually has some sort of... wait for it... government.

Yes, in fact it works very well.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anarchy#Lists_of_ungoverned_communities
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_Revolution#Orwell.27s_account
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mondragon_Corporation

I definitely believe that people should have the right to defend themselves and their families - but you don't need a government to do that: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-aggression_principle

Btw, I think this thread may be getting a bit OT now. I am happy to discuss political theory either in another thread, via PM/e-mail or even in person though. If anyone is interested, let me know.
« Last Edit: Mon, 07 January 2013, 13:07:43 by keyboardlover »

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #726 on: Mon, 07 January 2013, 13:17:23 »
Going back on-topic. I hate when people post stuff like this as an argument:

Whether or not Libertatia actually existed is disputed.

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #727 on: Mon, 07 January 2013, 13:24:00 »
I just posted a link with information about some good examples. That is one which is not...take it for what it's worth. Don't jump on me for one bad example.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #728 on: Mon, 07 January 2013, 15:08:16 »
kl, in your perfect world how would stuff get done? how would peace come to be?

and take into account there are bad people in the world. everybody didnt just over night become ned flanders and loved their neighbor.

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #729 on: Mon, 07 January 2013, 15:27:08 »
I ****ing hate school. Hate it.

Offline Glissant

« Reply #730 on: Mon, 07 January 2013, 15:41:55 »
I hate not having everyone I like on the forums close by irl. I would stalk everyone so much.

Offline keyboardlover

Re: Re: Things you hate
« Reply #731 on: Mon, 07 January 2013, 16:50:06 »
kl, in your perfect world how would stuff get done? how would peace come to be?

and take into account there are bad people in the world. everybody didnt just over night become ned flanders and loved their neighbor.

I'm not sure how your "perfect world" question is relevant. My idea of a "perfect world" would not have humans in it, since humans are imperfect creatures. That has nothing to do with the ideology I'm defending here.

Please PM or email me if you have further questions so as not to derail this thread.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #732 on: Mon, 07 January 2013, 23:05:05 »
Lol @ sth and demik.

You guys don't even know what tyranny is man. You've already accepted your shackles. "Thank you massah!"

i don't know what gave you the idea that i am a statist / not anarchistic, man :P

shackles paints a really nice picture of a suffering that i am wary to assume that you are in a position to understand unless i've grossly misjudged you. also you don't need to resort to that kind of really-treading-on-racist hyperbole.

from what i've seen of your political/economic ideals, you always struck me as an individualist/libertarian rather than an anarchist. yes, individualist anarchism exists but it's certainly not what we're talking about here, at least yet.

case in point - your hatred of taxes is predicated on your hatred of the state. but taxes are perfectly compatible with many of anarchism so long as the taxes are agreed upon. furthermore, claiming that taxation is theft or outright coercive places undue importance on the value of currency, which, as an anarchist, should be a means to an end i would imagine, and less so a goal for accumulation.

i am in no way saying that taxation as it exists is a fully good thing, but you are quick to dismiss what has worked in the past and can work again even without a hierarchy or state that 'dictates' taxation. without a full-on gift economy, can you suggest another form of social welfare that is non-coercive and prevents suffering? as someone who prefers a wasteful safety net to no safety net, it's one of my favorite quandaries of anarchist thought. and no, saying that people who can't/won't/don't work should be left to fend for themselves is not an acceptable answer, since we're talking anarchism on a societal level.

as far as anarchist idealism (something i have ruefully put back on the shelf, but still hold dear) ponder this quote:

"It is not for anarchists to celebrate when ‘the people’ take over, anarchists ought not to be so amazed at examples of natural ingenuity and resilience, that is after all what they base all their principles on. Unfortunately their proper political task is less appealing and more controversial, it is to poke their fingers into the wounds of revolution, to doubt and to look for ways in which the Zapatistas, FLN, ANC or any other bunch of leftwing heroes will sell out, because they always do." http://theanarchistlibrary.org/library/monsieur-dupont-nihilist-communism

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #733 on: Mon, 07 January 2013, 23:08:42 »
TL; DR I hate school still. **** it and its social classes and judging.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #734 on: Mon, 07 January 2013, 23:11:50 »

drop out and read about anarchism instead :)

actually don't; it's just depressing after a certain point.

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #735 on: Mon, 07 January 2013, 23:37:16 »
Depressing as it stands now...

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #736 on: Mon, 07 January 2013, 23:37:52 »
Depressing as it stands now...
only if you're a hardliner with a nice armchair like \KL ;)

Offline MMB

• I no longer use this account. Please email me.
« Reply #737 on: Mon, 07 January 2013, 23:43:28 »
Your face.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #738 on: Tue, 08 January 2013, 00:21:30 »

well, only if you're ugly... if you're good looking, then school/ life is generally good.

Offline iri

« Reply #739 on: Tue, 08 January 2013, 01:08:24 »
i hate it that a kitten dies every time kl posts about politics
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #740 on: Tue, 08 January 2013, 01:56:26 »
i hate it that a kitten dies every time kl posts about politics
tyranny bro.

Offline BlindRAGE606

• Prince of All Saiyans
Things you hate
« Reply #741 on: Tue, 08 January 2013, 02:09:57 »
I love school and the stepping stones of education; a life long learner I am. Higher edu runs deep in my family.

DUCKY TKL MX BLACK | HHKB PRO 2 | BEAST PH&LACEWOOD

Offline TheQsanity

• SmallFry Lovin'
« Reply #742 on: Tue, 08 January 2013, 02:12:09 »
Hate, Hate.
SmallFry! <3

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #743 on: Tue, 08 January 2013, 06:49:34 »
tyranny bro.

I don't think you know what that word means.

i don't know what gave you the idea that i am a statist / not anarchistic, man :P

shackles paints a really nice picture of a suffering that i am wary to assume that you are in a position to understand unless i've grossly misjudged you. also you don't need to resort to that kind of really-treading-on-racist hyperbole.

from what i've seen of your political/economic ideals, you always struck me as an individualist/libertarian rather than an anarchist. yes, individualist anarchism exists but it's certainly not what we're talking about here, at least yet.

case in point - your hatred of taxes is predicated on your hatred of the state. but taxes are perfectly compatible with many of anarchism so long as the taxes are agreed upon. furthermore, claiming that taxation is theft or outright coercive places undue importance on the value of currency, which, as an anarchist, should be a means to an end i would imagine, and less so a goal for accumulation.

i am in no way saying that taxation as it exists is a fully good thing, but you are quick to dismiss what has worked in the past and can work again even without a hierarchy or state that 'dictates' taxation. without a full-on gift economy, can you suggest another form of social welfare that is non-coercive and prevents suffering? as someone who prefers a wasteful safety net to no safety net, it's one of my favorite quandaries of anarchist thought. and no, saying that people who can't/won't/don't work should be left to fend for themselves is not an acceptable answer, since we're talking anarchism on a societal level.

as far as anarchist idealism (something i have ruefully put back on the shelf, but still hold dear) ponder this quote:

"It is not for anarchists to celebrate when ‘the people’ take over, anarchists ought not to be so amazed at examples of natural ingenuity and resilience, that is after all what they base all their principles on. Unfortunately their proper political task is less appealing and more controversial, it is to poke their fingers into the wounds of revolution, to doubt and to look for ways in which the Zapatistas, FLN, ANC or any other bunch of leftwing heroes will sell out, because they always do." http://theanarchistlibrary.org/library/monsieur-dupont-nihilist-communism

You're making a lot of assumptions here...my ideology is not classical really. I'm a Voluntaryist. I have no problem with anarcho-socialism/syndicalism though, so long as it is voluntary.

I will address your questions via PM; let's not derail this thread anymore.

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
  •  Post Reporting Timeout
  • Who is that kmiller8 guy?
« Reply #744 on: Tue, 08 January 2013, 10:09:36 »
I hate when people say things like "Oh you spent $x on that, I got one for 1/4 $x because I bought it from a friend, haha"

I don't see the point, are you trying to rub it in that you know someone? Do you really need that much attention? :mad:

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
Things you hate
« Reply #745 on: Tue, 08 January 2013, 10:14:45 »
I hate when people say things like "Oh you spent $x on that, I got one for 1/4 $x because I bought it from a friend, haha"

I don't see the point, are you trying to rub it in that you know someone? Do you really need that much attention? :mad:

Oh you hate that? Lawl! I hate that at a 1/4 of the cost! A friend halped me out!

Offline McWilloughby

« Reply #746 on: Tue, 15 January 2013, 14:38:44 »
Every time exam season comes round I hate Physics. Graduating had better be worth it..

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #747 on: Tue, 15 January 2013, 14:40:18 »
Sinus infections. I have gotten sick more in the last 6 months than in the last 6 years. Ugh.

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #748 on: Tue, 15 January 2013, 14:57:09 »
Sinus infections. I have gotten sick more in the last 6 months than in the last 6 years. Ugh.

I have been dealing with sinusitis for my whole life. I've gone through sinus surgery, turbinate reduction, septum correction, none of it has helped.... I get REALLY bad sinus pressure just under my left eye.... I go through lots of Benadryl and lots of Excedrin.

Make sure you keep your sinuses moisturized. Breath out through your nose as much as possible, and avoid breathing out through your mouth, which wastes the steam in your breath. The moisture in your breath surprisingly is enough to keep the nasal cavities from basically drying up and shrinking, which is what causes the pressure / pain. I only recently made this discovery about a year ago, and I'm 22. I wish I had known about the breathing technique growing up, I could have saved myself plenty of tears / misery.

Only other thing that brings me direct relief is Fluticasone propionate.... What pisses me off is the only way to get some is to go to a doctor, who I have to pay, and waste my time talking to, when I know EXACTLY what I need, and why. Stupid, STUPID American pharmacy laws...
i type, therefore i geekhack

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #749 on: Tue, 15 January 2013, 17:11:22 »
Thanks Flip. I'm going to the doctor tonight to get some sinus stuff. The sicknesses in the last 6 months have not been all sinus related, thank God...