Author Topic: Things you hate  (Read 251566 times)

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
Re: Things you hate
« Reply #1250 on: Sun, 26 May 2013, 15:48:37 »
Chloe from Progressive

who is that?

Clearly not Jake from State Farm.  Maybe that's why he hates her?

Offline Jack

« Reply #1251 on: Sun, 26 May 2013, 15:53:13 »
People that more than once in a while post short posts JUST TO POST something. "This", "lol" and "omg" are among the things I can't stand to see as a response to something.
If you really can't find anything to say about it more than that, then just keep it to yourself.
For the love of everything that is good, please stop posting just to post in a thread. Or at least make it seem like you took more than one second to write your post.

/end rant

This.

People that more than once in a while post short posts JUST TO POST something. "This", "lol" and "omg" are among the things I can't stand to see as a response to something.
If you really can't find anything to say about it more than that, then just keep it to yourself.
For the love of everything that is good, please stop posting just to post in a thread. Or at least make it seem like you took more than one second to write your post.

/end rant

lol

:)

/end rant

This.

i was too slow damn xD

Omg

This

lolz :P

/end rant

This.

+1 (tee hee)

QFT

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #1253 on: Sun, 26 May 2013, 16:04:44 »
Chloe from Progressive

who is that?

I thought her name was Flo

It is, yeah, who's Chloe?!

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1254 on: Sun, 26 May 2013, 16:08:00 »
I hate having sold my PSP because now that I want to replay Disgaea all I have are these half-working emulators.

Offline mushupork

• I am not knowing
« Reply #1255 on: Sun, 26 May 2013, 18:07:56 »
I hate sales at the brick and mortar the day after you buy something.  Even if they price match it still feels shady and is a pain getting the credit.
Wanted:  Windowed capslock for a QFR

Offline deepthawt

• ︻̷̿┻̿═━一
    • my programming hobby site, interactive jigsaws, photos &c
« Reply #1256 on: Sun, 26 May 2013, 22:46:00 »
The rumbling drone of a crowd of people.
More
[| Ducky Shine II 9087 Yellow LED/BlueMX  |  Saitek Eclipse II  |  IBM Model M 1391401  | Cherry G80-5000  |  Logitech diNovo Mini  |  Microsoft Natural Ergonomic 4000  |  Matias Quiet Pro PC  |  Dell TH836  |  NEC KB-6923  |  Fujitsu FKB4700  |  GearHead Mini USB  KB1700U (89 key) | Filco Majestouch-2 ninja/blues  |   Matias Mini Quiet Pro PC | Ducky Shine 4/Clear MX | E Element RGB Silver/Black Outemu |]

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #1257 on: Sun, 26 May 2013, 23:47:26 »
Chloe from Progressive

who is that?

I thought her name was Flo

Yeah, that one.... I also hate Progressive's marketing team for creating her annoying character

Offline Asininity

« Reply #1258 on: Mon, 27 May 2013, 03:11:17 »
The blatantly snobbish inconsiderate *******s. I'm at university so I work as a valet in my spare time. It's flexible and decent money for the hours. I know from experience there's always going to be those people who don't tip, and that's a inevitable fact. There's no point raging on about every little grimace and ever spilled glass of milk. Then there's the people who go above and beyond the call of duty.

It's late and we're all running around doing our business, getting tickets, bringing up cars, and getting people out of there. I get a ticket and bring the car up and before I'm out of the door the owner goes off on me about how he needs it around back to get some packages and it's apparently my fault for not being able to foresee his every whim. I bring his car around back and proceed to help him load up his car with packages all the while being inconsiderate and degrading. Might as well called me a oafish monkey. Finally he hands me a twenty dollar bill and then he asks for change. He wants eighteen dollars. The problem is I only have seventeen in change and I tell him that. He just rips the twenty out of my hand and leaps into his car and races off.

What a oaf.

/Rant

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1259 on: Fri, 31 May 2013, 06:42:22 »
I hate writing long responses only to decide "Nah...this isn't helpful enough. I'll post later when I'm sure of things" For some reason this has been happening a lot to me lately LOL.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1260 on: Fri, 31 May 2013, 07:02:44 »
I hate writing long responses only to decide "Nah...this isn't helpful enough. I'll post later when I'm sure of things" For some reason this has been happening a lot to me lately LOL.

I hate when you take a few minutes to research a response get it all typed up and go to post only to realize someone already did and 5 other people already commented on it.

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1261 on: Fri, 31 May 2013, 09:33:50 »

I hate when you take a few minutes to research a response get it all typed up and go to post only to realize someone already did and 5 other people already commented on it.
LOLOL yes, this happens to me too. I'm sure it's happened to a lot of people.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #1262 on: Fri, 31 May 2013, 09:52:37 »
i really hate shinsplints..they kinda came back for round 2...on the first week of summer :(

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #1263 on: Fri, 31 May 2013, 09:55:22 »
i really hate shinsplints..they kinda came back for round 2...on the first week of summer :(

I think you hate stretching, also. Point your toes upward and place them on a curb or something. Lean forward and stretch those muscles before you run. That will help with the shin splints.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
« Reply #1264 on: Fri, 31 May 2013, 09:57:24 »

I think you hate stretching, also. Point your toes upward and place them on a curb or something. Lean forward and stretch those muscles before you run. That will help with the shin splints.

I think now that it's summer i am gonna just rest it out and take it easy for a few days...once the pain stops then i'll stretch a lot before i do anything

fuggin shinsplints

Offline inteli722

• Waiting for too much stuff...
« Reply #1265 on: Fri, 31 May 2013, 17:07:10 »
Finals...

:llama:
More

Visit the Typing Test and try!
R.I.P. SmallFry! You will be dearly missed.
Leopold FC200 |  CoolerMaster QFP Browns | Quickfire Rapid Greens | Quickfire Rapid Blues
Waiting for: Phantom Plate

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #1266 on: Fri, 31 May 2013, 17:15:05 »
Getting fiberglass insulation worked all into your hands and fingers.  This shiz itches omfg! 
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline mushupork

• I am not knowing
« Reply #1267 on: Fri, 31 May 2013, 19:09:56 »
Men who don't have a proper grasp of etiquette ... urinal etiquette.  At lunch today in a public men's room there is a bank of 3 urinals with no privacy screens and one dude already there.  AT THE CENTER URINAL!  The restaurant was not crowded so I do not think he was in an emergency and the outside spots were taken when he got there - besides he could have gone in a stall if that were true, there were 3 stalls too. 

It made me remember a game I saw online years ago - this quiz is pretty much the same. 

Think you know the rules?  Take the quiz. http://www.drinknation.com/fun/urinaltest
Wanted:  Windowed capslock for a QFR

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #1268 on: Sun, 02 June 2013, 12:43:44 »
For some reason, tinlong decided he needed to ask me:

But then I noticed he made a post about it on DT.

Not sure if troll... or just really insecure....
Seeing as I don't know this person, I find it odd that I would get a random PM. So I am going to guess the former.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #1269 on: Sun, 02 June 2013, 13:35:38 »
He is like 15 or something.

And a little...odd

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #1270 on: Sun, 02 June 2013, 13:36:21 »
He is like 15 or something.

And a little...odd

A little...

...that's putting it lightly
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
« Reply #1271 on: Sun, 02 June 2013, 14:06:02 »
He may be odd....but the dude used that umlat impeccably.
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #1272 on: Sun, 02 June 2013, 18:31:43 »
as a lanky person who normally wears Vans... i feel your pain

Some people just get shin splints more easily due to their physique... sometimes they just come out of nowhere for me and i'll wake up hardly able to walk.

Men who don't have a proper grasp of etiquette ... urinal etiquette.  At lunch today in a public men's room there is a bank of 3 urinals with no privacy screens and one dude already there.  AT THE CENTER URINAL!  The restaurant was not crowded so I do not think he was in an emergency and the outside spots were taken when he got there - besides he could have gone in a stall if that were true, there were 3 stalls too. 

It made me remember a game I saw online years ago - this quiz is pretty much the same. 

Think you know the rules?  Take the quiz. http://www.drinknation.com/fun/urinaltest

scared of penii that aren't yours?
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #1273 on: Sun, 02 June 2013, 18:45:51 »
They might be visible near him, the horrorrz :p

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #1274 on: Sun, 02 June 2013, 22:52:09 »
For some reason, tinlong decided he needed to ask me:

But then I noticed he made a post about it on DT.

Not sure if troll... or just really insecure....
Seeing as I don't know this person, I find it odd that I would get a random PM. So I am going to guess the former.
I've gotten many messages from him on the IRC as well. I believe he is the latter, rather than the former however.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #1275 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 03:35:30 »
buy a vintage ergonomic keyboard with ALPS (NIB BTW) on eBay
send payment
few days later get an e-mail that unfortunately seller's waifu gave the keyboard to her sister, so he can only ship me a crappy rubber-dome instead

Offline iri

« Reply #1276 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 04:24:37 »
Men who don't have a proper grasp of etiquette ... urinal etiquette.  At lunch today in a public men's room there is a bank of 3 urinals with no privacy screens and one dude already there.  AT THE CENTER URINAL!
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1277 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 08:06:44 »

just dont' get an urge to reach out and 'touch' somebody and you should be ok!........you would never survive in the changing room at my workplace  :))

oh ....saw this on imgur and thought of you

More
24178-0

buy a vintage ergonomic keyboard with ALPS (NIB BTW) on eBay
send payment
few days later get an e-mail that unfortunately seller's waifu gave the keyboard to her sister, so he can only ship me a crappy rubber-dome instead

:o ??? :'( <- that is all
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 June 2013, 08:28:32 by ray4jc »

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1278 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 08:25:49 »

Nice watch.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #1279 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 08:34:29 »
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
« Reply #1280 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 12:18:37 »
yeah, no way i could pee under those circumstances.  I already get pee shy when using a urinal.
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #1281 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 12:22:41 »

These are the absolute worst. They are all like 4 inches away from one another and there are NO dividers. I would probably use a toilet stall even if I was the first and only person in there.

The pictures are just funny though lol
i type, therefore i geekhack

Offline McWilloughby

« Reply #1282 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 12:31:50 »
I hate that the laptop build I'm waiting on still hasn't been started despite assurances from the company that they'd fast track it as soon as they have the parts in stock. As well as the fact that they seem completely incapable of contacting me via phone. If it was anything else like a TV or whatever I'd probably cancel my order and buy it from someone else but with it being custom, I specifically wanted to buy it from one company as their HQ is 1 stop away from me on the train and they had the best overall price. What do I have to do to get good customer service? I paid for the thing nearly a month ago...

/rant.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
« Reply #1283 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 22:14:25 »
spam...

..it's not something to be proud of

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1284 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 22:16:58 »
meeba's internet.

Offline TheFlyingRaccoon

• HHKB Pro
  • * Maker
  • Cable maker and future engineer
« Reply #1285 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 22:18:23 »
meeba's internet.

After listening to the meebcast, I agree with this  :p
HHKB Pro 2   SmallFry Keyboard

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #1286 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 22:19:07 »

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1287 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 22:19:29 »
meebcast mondays will never be the same. :))
TJ, I wasn't even spamming! I just saw you came in and just let you know. It wasn't even macro'd this time!
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 June 2013, 22:21:18 by SmallFry »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1288 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 22:21:49 »
mallfries talks about this meebcast so much i want to watch/hear it just so i can hate it
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #1289 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 22:24:20 »
mallfries talks about this meebcast so much i want to watch/hear it just so i can hate it

Post of the day
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1290 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 22:24:32 »
It's in my signature, it's put on by funkymeeba. :) Also, on Tuesday is TangentTunes (really Tangential Energy Sessions) which is a lot of trippy techno and house music. :D

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1291 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 22:25:17 »
does he take requests?

WU TANG WEDNESDAYS

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #1292 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 22:26:07 »
does he take requests?

WU TANG WEDNESDAYS

Too mainstream

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
« Reply #1293 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 22:26:24 »
my spam complaint was not about small xD
don't worry smallfry  :))

but good lord, there is someone spamming way too much for me right now

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1294 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 22:26:34 »
oh it's that type of show?

brb, buying a case of PBR

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
« Reply #1295 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 22:28:51 »
oh it's that type of show?

brb, buying a case of PBR

I hate PBR.
Unless you're buying.
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1296 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 22:29:28 »
i rather drink water than PBR

will get me drunk faster

Offline funkymeeba

• CRUMPULAR
  • WEST SHINJUKU PLANTING TUNE
« Reply #1297 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 22:30:38 »
COMCAST.
17:15 < vun> these are the healthiest crisps I've ever come across
17:16 < vun> mostly because I can't get the bag open

meebcats - my bad music

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
« Reply #1298 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 22:30:42 »
i rather drink water than PBR

will get me drunk faster

That's because you live in the LA basin :)
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1299 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 22:31:51 »
WHAT DO U MEAAAAAAAAAAN