Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4194944 times)

Offline obtuse

Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #26400 on: Sat, 09 March 2019, 01:56:58 »
Dust. Recently moved and still haven't gotten all the (new) furniture, so my living room is a mess with boxes and piles of stuff (supposed to go onto shelves etc), makes it even dustier it seems!

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #26401 on: Sat, 09 March 2019, 05:37:00 »
Stupid people.  First I had a dentist appointment, they sent a text reminder a week before which was nice but then sent another 2 days before and to top it off decided to call me early on the morning of the appointment as well while I was still asleep having worked a late shift.  Are most people really so useless at organising their lives that they need all this harrassment?  I know one group who might, my local Jehova's Witnesses.  They call on my address early-ish on a Saturday morning twice a year.  They were in the street yesterday lunchtime but no, my house is on the list for Saturday morning.  Do they not think if they mixed it up they might get different people to open their doors?
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #26402 on: Sat, 09 March 2019, 05:50:16 »
Stupid people.  First I had a dentist appointment, they sent a text reminder a week before which was nice but then sent another 2 days before and to top it off decided to call me early on the morning of the appointment as well while I was still asleep having worked a late shift.  Are most people really so useless at organising their lives that they need all this harrassment?  I know one group who might, my local Jehova's Witnesses.  They call on my address early-ish on a Saturday morning twice a year.  They were in the street yesterday lunchtime but no, my house is on the list for Saturday morning.  Do they not think if they mixed it up they might get different people to open their doors?

I always consent to listening to their pitch. But i also put on the most disinterested look whilst listening. They usually get a paragraph in before simply asking if i would lile a broshure which i always accept and magnet to to fridge as a reminder to not answer the door.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #26403 on: Sat, 09 March 2019, 06:06:01 »
I usually play half asleep/hungover and they "can see [I'm] not in a good state so [they'll] leave me to recover" and give me the paper, but thanks to seeing them yesterday I didn't waste their time (haha) today.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #26404 on: Sat, 09 March 2019, 07:21:35 »
I usually play half asleep/hungover and they "can see [I'm] not in a good state so [they'll] leave me to recover" and give me the paper, but thanks to seeing them yesterday I didn't waste their time (haha) today.

I always consent to listening to their pitch. But i also put on the most disinterested look whilst listening. They usually get a paragraph in before simply asking if i would lile a broshure which i always accept and magnet to to fridge as a reminder to not answer the door.

You guys want to be nicer to these people, Churches, especially near low income areas always have some sort of Money Laundering system setup with the local Mob/Gang Scene.

They're also on the lookout for robbery and extortion targets (usually old people). No one does anything if there was no-money-in-it, BEWARE.

Keep it amicable, and don't flair anything.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #26405 on: Sat, 09 March 2019, 09:05:58 »
Doggo had to get her uterus removed it was infected. :/

That sounds painful
We caught it early, but it could have been eventually.
Now I gotta wait to hear what the insurance says.

Give Doge extra hugs from Tp
Done and done. :D

Offline Kavik

« Reply #26406 on: Sat, 09 March 2019, 20:47:38 »
I spilt coffee/milk on my Quickfire TK, and the entire home row stopped working. I disassembled it and got it working again, but it took a couple hours out of my Saturday, and it will probably smell like coffee for eternity.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26407 on: Sat, 09 March 2019, 20:49:44 »
I spilt coffee/milk on my Quickfire TK, and the entire home row stopped working. I disassembled it and got it working again, but it took a couple hours out of my Saturday, and it will probably smell like coffee for eternity.

u can buy a bottle of 99.9% alcohol and soak it. but $

Offline mkkeyboardvigilante

• Location: Atlanta, GA, thocking, clicking, and clacking away depending on my mood
« Reply #26408 on: Sat, 09 March 2019, 21:39:16 »
I let out a whole bunch of stuff that was making me mad, and took out my frustration in Microsoft Word, writing out over 6000+ words completely on one of my Realforce keyboards. Felt good and I feel so much better now. Didn't involve punching a wall either.

By the time I was done, I had forgotten all about some of the repetitive strain I had felt for a while in my left hand, specifically in my index finger, and it's feeling so much better now. :)

Something else that is more of an annoyance for me is whenever people want to talk to me and I'm right about to head off to bed. I don't want to talk to them at all at that time, but sometimes get guilt tripped into talking to them for an hour or so.
Current driver: HHKB Pro 2 (BKE Ultra Lights), Wooting One w/ Flaretech Red switches and HyperX PBT keycaps.

Other keyboards I own and like: Realforce 87U Variable Weight, Realforce 87U 55g, Niz Plum, Magicforce 108 Gateron Reds w/ O-Rings.

Other keyboards I have: Magicforce 68 Cherry MX Brown, Havit Low-Profile Kailh Blue, Logitech K740,
Yeah, it's a loooooooooooot of keyboards. :P

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #26409 on: Sat, 09 March 2019, 21:57:53 »
Had an online midterm. We had two tries and I totally misread that it was two hours for both tries and not two hours each. I wrote my answers offline before submitting all the answers at once, and I went over the time limit for the first submission. Therefore my first entry was a 0. Had I known the time limit for each was one hour, my first grade would've been a B-, and I could've gone and fixed the three questions I missed.

The worst part is this quiz isn't best out of two; it's average out of two. :/

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26410 on: Sat, 09 March 2019, 22:04:37 »
Had an online midterm. We had two tries and I totally misread that it was two hours for both tries and not two hours each. I wrote my answers offline before submitting all the answers at once, and I went over the time limit for the first submission. Therefore my first entry was a 0. Had I known the time limit for each was one hour, my first grade would've been a B-, and I could've gone and fixed the three questions I missed.

U just go back to professor, and ask for extra credit.

He's not out to screw you.  It's an honest mistake.

But I suppose, it's possible he's the dispassionate, flame has gone out type who just languishes in the education system.

That's why u gotta read reviews. hahahaa

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #26411 on: Sat, 09 March 2019, 22:31:50 »

U just go back to professor, and ask for extra credit.

He's not out to screw you.  It's an honest mistake.

But I suppose, it's possible he's the dispassionate, flame has gone out type who just languishes in the education system.

That's why u gotta read reviews. hahahaa

We just emailed. He's letting me keep the second grade as my only grade.
He understands it was an honest mistake. Thankfully I've been doing well in the class so far, so this hiccup was just missed reading on my part.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26412 on: Sat, 09 March 2019, 23:04:25 »

We just emailed. He's letting me keep the second grade as my only grade.
He understands it was an honest mistake. Thankfully I've been doing well in the class so far, so this hiccup was just missed reading on my part.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #26413 on: Sun, 10 March 2019, 09:03:07 »
I am annoyed by things that don't work as they should - previously this has usually manifested with computer parts but now it's moved to my bike.  Without a box with a spare everything it's very hard to figure out what's wrong, and bikes are actually worse than computers due to the interconnectedness and hardware tweakability.  I'm now down to 7.5 reliable gears which will get me to work but if I can't get this supposedly less sensitive 8 speed gear working what hope do I have of fitting the upgraded setup which will be better suited to my use.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26414 on: Sun, 10 March 2019, 09:05:48 »
I am annoyed by things that don't work as they should - previously this has usually manifested with computer parts but now it's moved to my bike.  Without a box with a spare everything it's very hard to figure out what's wrong, and bikes are actually worse than computers due to the interconnectedness and hardware tweakability.  I'm now down to 7.5 reliable gears which will get me to work but if I can't get this supposedly less sensitive 8 speed gear working what hope do I have of fitting the upgraded setup which will be better suited to my use.

Moped time. !!   Vespa-beep beep

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #26415 on: Sun, 10 March 2019, 09:09:07 »

Trouble is I love cycling, I just hate bike maintenance.  Much like I love messing about with computer software but have come to hate hardware...
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26416 on: Sun, 10 March 2019, 09:39:21 »

Trouble is I love cycling, I just hate bike maintenance.  Much like I love messing about with computer software but have come to hate hardware...

Puter' Hardware comes down to brands and lines nowadays, they test the more expensive ones for longer (bugs), so it's overall hassle free.

If you bought an asus rog, they do alot of work on those, but if you buy their A-xx boards, bad things happen, like ethernet drops out, or usb resource conflict etc. The budget line receives no testing attention, they just roll it out now, fix later Months/Years later.

With all the temptation of budget middling gear..  prepare to do the last leg of debugging, and alot of YELLING on forums..

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #26417 on: Sun, 10 March 2019, 09:53:37 »

Puter' Hardware comes down to brands and lines nowadays, they test the more expensive ones for longer (bugs), so it's overall hassle free.

If you bought an asus rog, they do alot of work on those, but if you buy their A-xx boards, bad things happen, like ethernet drops out, or usb resource conflict etc. The budget line receives no testing attention, they just roll it out now, fix later Months/Years later.

With all the temptation of budget middling gear..  prepare to do the last leg of debugging, and alot of YELLING on forums..

Are you forgetting the 'fun' I had with the i7 5775C onboard graphics which turned out to be down to a cracked core which it ran happily with for months before not booting at all due to a burnt capacitor?  It could be said these problems were of my own doing but debugging them was far from fun and no amount of ranting to anyone would have got to the actual causes because cracked cores don't work and physical failure of a CPU is unheard of unless you're running under LN2.

Perhaps unsurprisingly the only thing I've bought 'budget' is my bike which has entry level road gears which I've used offroad lots so more mud and bumps than they're designed for, plus I have bad technique (you're supposed to spin fast not push hard) so they're not happy.

Question is does the higher end stuff mimic computers and it's actually easier to setup and more reliable?  No, at least to the reliability part.  If you go too high end it's all about shaving 50g off the weight so instead of hard wearing steel they use aluminium and charge you twice as much for something that will last half as long :confused:
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #26418 on: Sun, 10 March 2019, 10:27:57 »

Perhaps unsurprisingly the only thing I've bought 'budget' is my bike which has entry level road gears which I've used offroad lots so more mud and bumps than they're designed for, plus I have bad technique (you're supposed to spin fast not push hard) so they're not happy.

My twig and berries hurt just from reading this line.  I'm so.. soo sorry you feel this is true :(

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #26419 on: Sun, 10 March 2019, 10:34:36 »

My twig and berries hurt just from reading this line.  I'm so.. soo sorry you feel this is true :(

I may be using non-cyclist terminology here - what I mean is higher cadence is a good thing as it puts less stress on the body as well as the geartrain.  When I started out I didn't see the point of any gear below 50x15T even if that meant practically stopping between pedal strokes on a hill :))
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline iri

« Reply #26420 on: Sun, 10 March 2019, 10:35:52 »
But it is true.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #26421 on: Sun, 10 March 2019, 10:42:18 »
It's a riding style that gained traction after a few cyclists won high profile events.  I'd read a scientific journal that proves this is the more efficient if anyone has a link.

I'll spin slow and keep my bits intact regardless. :))

Offline iri

« Reply #26422 on: Sun, 10 March 2019, 11:17:58 »
Cadence over 60 is fine
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #26423 on: Sun, 10 March 2019, 11:21:28 »
I tried Dragon Warrior II and III... I just can't..  I know I'm like 20+ years late to the party but wth happened to the game mechanics?  blah

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26424 on: Sun, 10 March 2019, 14:14:00 »
Just bougtz $1000 worth of cricket prepaid cards.. good for 2.8yrs..  19.25% off today,   it's way more than interest or trump inflation economics..

• Location: Atlanta, GA, thocking, clicking, and clacking away depending on my mood
« Reply #26425 on: Sun, 10 March 2019, 17:37:45 »
My sleep cycle feels a bit off because of the time changes, so I'm a bit annoyed right now cause of that lol. I never like when we have to change the time on the clocks. At least my phone is able to automatically change.
Current driver: HHKB Pro 2 (BKE Ultra Lights), Wooting One w/ Flaretech Red switches and HyperX PBT keycaps.

Other keyboards I own and like: Realforce 87U Variable Weight, Realforce 87U 55g, Niz Plum, Magicforce 108 Gateron Reds w/ O-Rings.

Other keyboards I have: Magicforce 68 Cherry MX Brown, Havit Low-Profile Kailh Blue, Logitech K740,

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #26426 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 08:02:03 »
 :-[

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #26427 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 08:05:04 »

I let my keyboard try coffee for the first time today.

Although it seemed to enjoy it, I doubt I will let it have more coffee in the future.

Pic of my keyboard enjoying a latte......

(Attachment Link)

214916-0
« Last Edit: Mon, 11 March 2019, 08:09:58 by fanpeople »

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26428 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 08:27:13 »

I let my keyboard try coffee for the first time today.

Although it seemed to enjoy it, I doubt I will let it have more coffee in the future.

Pic of my keyboard enjoying a latte......

(Attachment Link)

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ]

That's awful.

I remember my wife spilled a milkshake on one of my keyboards. She looked like she wanted to kill herself. I had to explain that it was a ****ty cheap KB and not a problem. Wireless logitech used for the HTPC in the living room.

Currently my bother is Skyrim. I forgot how much effort I had put into my setup for that with control bindings and mods and it's all totally effed since my windows reinstall. Mod manager is being a *****, SKSE keeps saying it's not installed so certain mods aren't working. I fear I'm going to have to nuke the entirety of the install and do it over from scratch.

I just wanted to shout at the orb in Blackreach.
Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g

« Reply #26429 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 10:32:07 »
Stayed up late to do some work and didn't even finish it all, and now have this painful finger spasm. It goes away sometimes and then comes back for no reason. Had to take a break and go back to bed for a while over it.

Best way to describe it is like this dull, aching, tight pain where I can really feel the most tension extending the finger and getting that sensation from the base to the middle of the finger and then when I press on this tendon connecting to that finger in palm, I can directly feel all this soreness and pain coming from that area. I can still extend it, but it's that knotty, sore feeling I get I've been trying to get rid of. :(
« Last Edit: Mon, 11 March 2019, 10:45:09 by mkkeyboardvigilante »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26430 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 15:49:58 »

That's awful.

I remember my wife spilled a milkshake on one of my keyboards. She looked like she wanted to kill herself. I had to explain that it was a ****ty cheap KB and not a problem. Wireless logitech used for the HTPC in the living room.

--// Scratches beard.

Does freecopy need to sign an affidavit that he has never conducted his relationship in any manner constituting domestic abuse ?

FreeCopy's Female was so distraught over the event, that somehow suicide was a better alternative than being in-That-Moment.  Was she feeling sorrow, guilt, or FEAR of the potential repercussion of harm that would be directed towards her ??

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #26431 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 17:25:55 »

I remember my wife spilled a milkshake on one of my keyboards.

Years ago my wife had a laptop from work that she had to beg for quite a while before getting, since they all had desktops to use when in the building.

At home, she spilt nearly an entire Coke (classic = sugar syrup) directly into the keyboard and killed it on the spot.

I had to act appalled and supportive.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26432 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 17:32:46 »

That's awful.

--// Scratches beard.

Does freecopy need to sign an affidavit that he has never conducted his relationship in any manner constituting domestic abuse ?

FreeCopy's Female was so distraught over the event, that somehow suicide was a better alternative than being in-That-Moment.  Was she feeling sorrow, guilt, or FEAR of the potential repercussion of harm that would be directed towards her ??

Show Image

lol... Real nice. Signing whatever won't be a problem.

She really respects my stuff and knows how much money and effort I've put into the hobby. Not exactly thrilled with some of my purchases but some of her kitchen knives are on par with the price of KB stuff so she's kind of limited on how much she can say about it.
Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26433 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 17:54:55 »

lol... Real nice. Signing whatever won't be a problem.

She really respects my stuff and knows how much money and effort I've put into the hobby. Not exactly thrilled with some of my purchases but some of her kitchen knives are on par with the price of KB stuff so she's kind of limited on how much she can say about it.

Well..... at least we now know she'd be able to defend herself with ample extravagant kitchen tools.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #26434 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 15:11:12 »
This morning I tried to buy a return train ticket from machine, it said the payment was successful but didn't print anything.  Got on the train anyway and got to work without getting my non-existant ticket checked but can't leave the platform coming home without one so cycled home through the many path filling puddles and muddy surrounds - I'm not paying twice on principal!  Not fun, and took ages.  Looking at the weather forecast I gave in and admitted the weather's not going to improve so just went to buy a week train ticket.  Walked past the station to get a real photo from a dodgy photo booth, got back to the station with 15 minutes to fill out the form and - it's shut early.  And they wonder why no-one uses trains...
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26435 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 15:35:01 »
This morning I tried to buy a return train ticket from machine, it said the payment was successful but didn't print anything.  Got on the train anyway and got to work without getting my non-existant ticket checked but can't leave the platform coming home without one so cycled home through the many path filling puddles and muddy surrounds - I'm not paying twice on principal!  Not fun, and took ages.  Looking at the weather forecast I gave in and admitted the weather's not going to improve so just went to buy a week train ticket.  Walked past the station to get a real photo from a dodgy photo booth, got back to the station with 15 minutes to fill out the form and - it's shut early.  And they wonder why no-one uses trains...

Are we on the decay trajectory towards a Dystopian future ?

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #26436 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 15:52:21 »

Are we on the decay trajectory towards a Dystopian future ?

Seems that way - the only human I wanted to talk to wasn't there but the friendly machines were all too happy to talk to me.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

« Reply #26437 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 15:56:45 »
People who mean well, but offer bad, even borderline unethical advice. Was thinking about this issue today and I was annoyed.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26438 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 16:01:29 »
People who mean well, but offer bad, even borderline unethical advice. Was thinking about this issue today and I was annoyed.

Give us some examples.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26439 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 16:02:51 »

Seems that way - the only human I wanted to talk to wasn't there but the friendly machines were all too happy to talk to me.

U'll always have Tp4 and Gekha

« Reply #26440 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 16:06:10 »

Give us some examples.
A friend of mine I was talking to a while ago who wanted to help me find a new job said that he'd even be willing to let me use his number so he can do the phone job interview for me, but I refused right there. I think it defeats the purpose and I wouldn't learn anything when I need to be learning from these interviews myself. He just noticed I was getting a lot of phone calls and responses, but not landing the jobs. Then I was told that if an employer asked why my voice sounded different, I could claim I'm sick. Not even sure if my friend was serious or joking here.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26441 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 17:01:35 »

A friend of mine I was talking to a while ago who wanted to help me find a new job said that he'd even be willing to let me use his number so he can do the phone job interview for me, but I refused right there. I think it defeats the purpose and I wouldn't learn anything when I need to be learning from these interviews myself. He just noticed I was getting a lot of phone calls and responses, but not landing the jobs. Then I was told that if an employer asked why my voice sounded different, I could claim I'm sick. Not even sure if my friend was serious or joking here.

You'll certainly learn more on your own. He's not a bad friend, but a Better Friend would have you tape the call, and the two of you go over it together (Assuming, he's actually better than you are at interview conversation).

« Reply #26442 on: Tue, 12 March 2019, 17:08:36 »

You'll certainly learn more on your own. He's not a bad friend, but a Better Friend would have you tape the call, and the two of you go over it together (Assuming, he's actually better than you are at interview conversation).

He did suggest that at the end, so I'm thinking maybe his earlier suggestion was just something he came up with on the fly and didn't think about as much as this one. You're right.

He told me I could download an app on my phone and record one of my interviews to see where I'm going wrong. I talked to a recruiter today about this marketing job involving Amazon, and unfortunately, when I said something about how my focus was more in other areas, he knew that it might not work out, but he'd be willing to find other job opportunities for me, especially since I'm open to relocating. It was a position where I needed extensive, specific experience in that one area, and I've had much more experience in other areas in my field.

That's where I'm discovering what I'm doing. I might be underselling myself, but I also don't want to lie to people either. It took my friend a while until he landed another job and failed many times before himself.
« Last Edit: Tue, 12 March 2019, 17:10:11 by mkkeyboardvigilante »

Offline obtuse

« Reply #26443 on: Wed, 13 March 2019, 05:04:34 »
Capitalism  :llama:

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #26444 on: Wed, 13 March 2019, 05:28:16 »

He did suggest that at the end, so I'm thinking maybe his earlier suggestion was just something he came up with on the fly and didn't think about as much as this one. You're right.

He told me I could download an app on my phone and record one of my interviews to see where I'm going wrong. I talked to a recruiter today about this marketing job involving Amazon, and unfortunately, when I said something about how my focus was more in other areas, he knew that it might not work out, but he'd be willing to find other job opportunities for me, especially since I'm open to relocating. It was a position where I needed extensive, specific experience in that one area, and I've had much more experience in other areas in my field.

That's where I'm discovering what I'm doing. I might be underselling myself, but I also don't want to lie to people either. It took my friend a while until he landed another job and failed many times before himself.

To be honest, most employers will **** you every way they can. You are either doing the ****ing and climbing the greasy pole or getting ****ed by the ****er ****ing his/her way to the top.

You should not view doing what you can to get a foot in the door as an ethical dilemma, consider it like hunger games. Grab that spear and put it through a child's pericardial cavity. Then stomp on that 16 year old girls head until it oozes brain matter. Turn around and drop a bolt from a crossbow into the crying friend of the girl you just curb stomped. Then grab that bolt and rip it out in a way that takes her intestines out at the same time.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26445 on: Wed, 13 March 2019, 11:30:42 »

You should not view doing what you can to get a foot in the door as an ethical dilemma, consider it like hunger games. Grab that spear and put it through a child's pericardial cavity. Then stomp on that 16 year old girls head until it oozes brain matter. Turn around and drop a bolt from a crossbow into the crying friend of the girl you just curb stomped. Then grab that bolt and rip it out in a way that takes her intestines out at the same time.

I can see how Australia has been cruel to Fanpeeps. 

--Sending Hugs--

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #26446 on: Wed, 13 March 2019, 13:58:28 »

I can see how Australia has been cruel to Fanpeeps. 

--Sending Hugs--

:-*

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #26447 on: Wed, 13 March 2019, 15:25:17 »
I gave away my Darkvoice 336 (tube amp) and got the Aune X1S (digital DAC/amp), going by reviews that said it was totally the bomb and worthy to be the One True Amp.  Now I find myself missing the warm powerful sound of the Darkvoice, it seemed to be ideally suited to my Mad Dog headphones.  I do have a lot more desk real estate, and a whole drawer free that used to hold tubes, but I dunno if the trade-off was worth it. 

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #26448 on: Wed, 13 March 2019, 15:30:46 »
I gave away my Darkvoice 336 (tube amp) and got the Aune X1S (digital DAC/amp), going by reviews that said it was totally the bomb and worthy to be the One True Amp.  Now I find myself missing the warm powerful sound of the Darkvoice, it seemed to be ideally suited to my Mad Dog headphones.  I do have a lot more desk real estate, and a whole drawer free that used to hold tubes, but I dunno if the trade-off was worth it.

Who is this guy?? Long time no see!

I've avoided some things (like tube amps) just because I know it'll only lead down a wallet hole.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26449 on: Wed, 13 March 2019, 15:34:02 »

It's similar to image scaling sharpness.

If you have a sharp image,  a whole movie length worth will cause more viewing fatigue vs  a Less-Sharp image.

Warmth in Sound is very generally a bit of muffling.  This rounds out the highs and squeaks.  Reducing listening fatigue for (long sessions)