Author Topic: Rewatching Chernobyl  (Read 3838 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Rewatching Chernobyl
« on: Mon, 07 December 2020, 13:52:14 »
Jus'came out on 4K

Yikes, it's as ghastly to watch the second time as the first,

Good thing still have the half a pack of marlboro red unfiltered from last time .

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
Re: Rewatching Chernobyl
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 07 December 2020, 15:05:01 »
Oooof.. dat scene bird fall out of the sky onto the sidewalk

still gets you right in the OMG.

Offline Sniping

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 07 December 2020, 16:05:59 »
i think i only watched the first 3 episodes but i remember it being super depressing. maybe i'll go finish it though

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 07 December 2020, 16:27:08 »
i think i only watched the first 3 episodes but i remember it being super depressing. maybe i'll go finish it though

Chkey out dat 4K, it's so well done.  also the 1080p version kind of obscured the digital grain making the presentation too smooth.    The 4K version has that pin textured retro grain look, yet retains all the vivid texture details.

Technically the camera they used isn't true 4K , buhhhh, they did finish the movie on 4K DI.

Also, here's a terrrible but maybe sane idea,   Tp4 thinkn' bout making dat dosimeter sound his ringtone. Kekekeke.

257364-0
257366-1
257368-2
257370-3

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 07 December 2020, 19:30:14 »
What's considered good russian brand cigarettes? ne1 know ?

Offline Sniping

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 07 December 2020, 23:15:25 »

bic lighter baby

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 08 December 2020, 08:51:27 »
reminds me I need to go back an watch it, I've put it off - was a point in history that I was really interested in and still want to visit the safer areas to photograph before they're gone (buildings are collapsing now).

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 08 December 2020, 08:59:43 »
want to visit the safer areas to photograph before they're gone (buildings are collapsing now).

Don't do this, /radiation is invisible, the damage is cumulative, it doesn't go away/ heal.

When they say x-amount is safe,  that's assuming it's outside the body on a 160lb MAN.  Much of it stopped by Clothing and Skin.

But in reality, radiation travels on wind and DUST.  You inhale that,  there's no Internal skin or clothing.  You end up with your own personal mini reactor particles, and they spawn cancer wherever they settle.

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 08 December 2020, 09:01:36 »
You realize we're bombarded daily with multiple types of radiation.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 08 December 2020, 09:02:54 »
You realize we're bombarded daily with multiple types of radiation.

FROM THE OUTSIDE.. I've updated my post above

Most of the research available to the public is redacted military stuff to DOWNPLAY the harms of weapons/ Depleted uranium munitions.

If we track the latest papers on the DUST, which of course the military already knew about,  it is clear where-ever the dust settle, it generates cancer cells in its immediate proximity.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 08 December 2020, 11:39:40 »
where did you get 4k version from?
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 08 December 2020, 16:37:56 »
bic lighter baby

are they into bic lighters over there ?

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 04:30:20 »
Heard Apollon Soyuz, Strike, Malboro, and Wilston are pretty popular :p .
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 08:12:42 »

Offline iri

« Reply #14 on: Thu, 10 December 2020, 08:32:04 »
I see Geekhack is striving to get closer to Reddit standards.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline bliss

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 14 December 2020, 17:06:02 »

haha :D

You'd get extra polonium from cigarettes... for real tp4, ionizing radiation you alleviate with alcohol, i.e. drinking it. Somehow the body cells become less susceptible. The folks in Kyiv knew that and bought all the vodka the could get after they literally got wind about the radioactive cloud coming their way (those who would not be able to get out of the city or procure potassium iodide)... There is an account of a firefighter of Pripyat who was off duty at the time of the explosion, and he was very drunk when he got called to the plant emergency. The doctor later allegedly said to him, 'either you were not there or you were drunk'. If you are interested in such details and more, I recommend the book 'Midnight in Chernobyl'.

On Combat Approved, they flatly say that nuclear submarine crews (in Russian Federation) get a measure of red wine every day.

Not sure if alcohol works with evil WLAN or 5G though :p Drink responsibly

Going to rewatch this April, my favorite show / mini series ever

Offline iri

« Reply #16 on: Tue, 15 December 2020, 03:48:36 »
On Combat Approved, they flatly say that nuclear submarine crews (in Russian Federation) get a measure of red wine every day.
They get 100g of dry red wine for digestive health. Nothing to do with radiation.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline bliss

« Reply #17 on: Tue, 15 December 2020, 05:08:08 »
They get 100g of dry red wine for digestive health. Nothing to do with radiation.

Interesting. Love those little health tweaks.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 15 December 2020, 09:10:26 »
Interesting. Love those little health tweaks.

Alcohol increases oxidative stress, because the body has to utilize all of its antioxidant supply to balance out <the alcohol> which is fundamentally a toxin.

This is why alcoholics are extremely extremely prone to skin cancer,  the antioxidant supply which normally would've been utilized to offset the solar damage (generating free radicals), is inadequate as it's been recruited to unpoison the alcoholic.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #19 on: Wed, 16 December 2020, 03:01:50 »
tp, where do you get those info?
TP either a doctor or studies meds :)
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline bliss

« Reply #20 on: Wed, 16 December 2020, 05:34:56 »
1337 people all around

Alcohol increases oxidative stress

A good thing is red wine brings its own antioxidants! Of course alcoholism is bad, any substance addiction, but back in 1986 it were desperate measures in desperate times.

I would say in small doses at the right time, some alcoholic beverages can improve your health, for instance the right kind of Islay dram (a sip of Scotch) could help with wet/cold/windy weather.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #21 on: Wed, 16 December 2020, 10:51:14 »

A good thing is red wine brings its own antioxidants! Of course alcoholism is bad, any substance addiction, but back in 1986 it were desperate measures in desperate times.

I would say in small doses at the right time, some alcoholic beverages can improve your health, for instance the right kind of Islay dram (a sip of Scotch) could help with wet/cold/windy weather.

The antioxidants from redwine is residual resveratrol from the SKIN of grapes.

If that's the goal, JUST EAT GRAPES,  you get 100x the resveratrol, without the toxic alcohol which offsets the benefit of the antioxidants.

But I suspect that's not why people drink red-wine.. :D

The correlation of french people drinking more wine and having fewer heart attacks, that's marketing.

Offline iri

« Reply #22 on: Thu, 17 December 2020, 03:12:50 »
back in 1986 it were desperate measures
And dangerous, as it was during the prohibition.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline bliss

« Reply #23 on: Thu, 17 December 2020, 05:36:07 »

You are right, the connection was just in my imagination...
The wine was mentioned in this episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euyrvmDueww

back in 1986 it were desperate measures
And dangerous, as it was during the prohibition.

So people had to get the vodka from the black market. Must have been a very tough situation overall.