Author Topic: Screw 2020 thread  (Read 3810 times)

Offline Error213

Screw 2020 thread
« on: Fri, 01 January 2021, 02:52:56 »
Cuz screw 2020 2021 is a new year and hopefully a better one

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
Re: Screw 2020 thread
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 01 January 2021, 03:29:36 »
Something tells me 2020 was just the tip of the iceberg. I hope I'm wrong. :eek: :p

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 01 January 2021, 05:01:52 »
This will be the year that makes or breaks me. I can't keep trying and failing anymore. I kept thinking by sheer laws of probability and amount of effort put in things would have to turn around eventually, but time and time again I was proven wrong and found a new bottom I didn't even know was under me. Something needs to happen very soon because I'm emotionally physically and monetarily tapped out.
After a decade of digging down despite everything I just can't ****in do it anymore

Here's hoping this is a better year for everyone, the World deserves a break

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 01 January 2021, 05:05:38 »
It will get worse before it gets better.
All those spreader events at Thanksgiving that multiplied Christmas just repeated again for New years.  It should taper off again just in time for the Superbowl in the US.

With any luck the next president won't be asleep at the wheel (when he's not too busy golfing) and we might actually make some progress.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 01 January 2021, 06:08:12 »
This will be the year that makes or breaks me. I can't keep trying and failing anymore.
From your posts that I've read, I think you have potential to do fine. Just don't lose your head.
« Last Edit: Fri, 01 January 2021, 10:57:32 by Findecanor »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 01 January 2021, 09:07:07 »
Um... optimism is high. but overall.. in terms of pandemic, it's only just begun.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 01 January 2021, 09:22:31 »
The turning point will come when the overwhelming majority of Americans realize that everything that the Republican Party has done for the past 40 years has turned to ****.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 01 January 2021, 10:29:43 »
The turning point will come when the overwhelming majority of Americans realize that everything that the Republican Party has done for the past 40 years has turned to ****.

It's not just Repooplicants though,  It's the Generalized Kleptocracy.. They both bad.. I agree the Repooplicants are somewhat worse.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 01 January 2021, 10:40:29 »

They both bad

NO

Not just NO - HELL NO !

I have heard that a thousand times and it makes me want to vomit. Get real. Stop using alternative facts.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Error213

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 01 January 2021, 11:45:19 »
I’ve heard all the things just trying to spread positivity

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 01 January 2021, 15:03:21 »

They both bad

NO

Not just NO - HELL NO !

I have heard that a thousand times and it makes me want to vomit. Get real. Stop using alternative facts.

Look, the obama administration dropped as many bombs as any other.  Public policy aside, the military industrial complex continued murdering hundreds of thousands of innocents.

You tell me, who's behind this, the democrat or the republicans.  When it comes to things that count, in GENERAL,  all governments do badly.

You can lay out specific cases, Bernie is better, he should be president, he HAPPENS to be a democrat.  That doesn't make the rest of the party suddenly good.

Look at the epst1ien debacle,  As many high lvl democrat officials used his service were named as repooplicans. 

When you have human beings at the top with no  oversight, The decay is unavoidable. We're only lucky that humans don't live forever.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 01 January 2021, 16:39:40 »
Do you people think that you are being clever when you toss off this random bull****? I just don't get it. You just look like infantile morons to me.

There are 2 choices, and only 2: move to another country or improve this one.

Whether either or neither side is perfect is irrelevant. The one and only thing that matters is using your vote to make whatever choices you can make to steer the leviathan towards a more positive outcome and away from a more negative outcome.

The personalities involved are secondary, they only matter insofar as they influence outcomes.

Offline yqqdrasil

« Reply #12 on: Fri, 01 January 2021, 16:45:38 »
Covid aside, 2020 was the worst year I've had by a longshot. If this year things don't improve I'm going to have to make some really tough decisions.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 01 January 2021, 19:46:43 »

They both bad

NO

Not just NO - HELL NO !

The two party system is inherently and deeply flawed. That being said good politics are bipartisan. Casting blame and shrouding an entire populous in evil is flat out wrong.
Again, and I hate I need to state this(and I hate even more ANY arguments I make either way paint me as such,) I am neither Rep nor Dem.

So just off the top of my head some recent/semi recent things Republicans have done that have had a positive impact:
Reducing taxes - cannot deny Reps have everyone paying less in taxes
Ending Soviet Era and old world politics of that ilk by influencing them to change to capitalism (just slightly better than dictatorship)
Almost ANY large nation/global-wide project: Public Parks System - Panama Canal - Highway System - The EPA(yes, Nixon started the EPA) and subsequently the Clean Air Act NASA
Starting the ADA program
Global AIDS treatment program

But I'm not going to change your mind with facts, your mind is already made up to blanket hate an entire group of people based on emotion.

« Last Edit: Fri, 01 January 2021, 19:48:32 by noisyturtle »

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 01 January 2021, 21:42:41 »
Note that I specifically refer to what the Republican Party has done in the past 40 years. That is no accident or arbitrary date, I myself was a Republican until the party nominated Reagan. That was when the party lost its heart, and soul, and mind. People younger than about 55-60 do not remember what the country and the world were like before the seismic upheaval of the late-1970s.

The overwhelming majority of what you listed happened long before that abrupt change in the party.

And, refusing to collect taxes, particularly from the wealthy, has had a devastating effect on the country. That is a VERY VERY bad thing, not something to pretend is good.

You need to learn something about history.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #15 on: Sat, 02 January 2021, 02:26:33 »
Do you people think that you are being clever when you toss off this random bull****? I just don't get it. You just look like infantile morons to me.

There are 2 choices, and only 2: move to another country or improve this one.

Whether either or neither side is perfect is irrelevant. The one and only thing that matters is using your vote to make whatever choices you can make to steer the leviathan towards a more positive outcome and away from a more negative outcome.

The personalities involved are secondary, they only matter insofar as they influence outcomes.

There you go again,  when your buddy democrat fails the test for GOOD PEOPLE, you reject the criteria.

Just like those idiot trump voters you claim to h8 so much.

We only have 2 options for president.  But we have hundreds of other choices to make each day.  PLANT BASED is the solution to 87% of the green house emissions problem.

That is by far the more important directive for all mankind.  By all means vote democrat, but it's the least you can do.  You want to work a little harder , eat veggies.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #16 on: Sat, 02 January 2021, 02:31:38 »
Honestly I enjoyed this year. I hope we never go back to people cock touching my ******* when they line up at the shops.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #17 on: Sat, 02 January 2021, 02:35:17 »
Honestly I enjoyed this year. I hope we never go back to people cock touching my ******* when they line up at the shops.

Dun' worry, the probability for mutation is so high, that we're going to get Covid RTX Ti in waves and months.

Prepare to wear masks and social distance for the next 10 years.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #18 on: Sat, 02 January 2021, 02:38:20 »

Dun' worry, the probability for mutation is so high, that we're going to get Covid RTX Ti in waves and months.

Prepare to wear masks and social distance for the next 10 years.

No one is doing masks here. But please social distancing, lets leave this in place. It is nice to not be sitting on the lap of some random sitting at the next table.

Offline NoteMakoti

• for sale, baby shoes, never worn
« Reply #19 on: Sat, 02 January 2021, 09:49:39 »
If 2021 was an episode of Star Trek, it would be Star Trek: Voyager: Season 4, Episode 9.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #20 on: Sat, 02 January 2021, 10:10:42 »
If 2021 was an episode of Star Trek, it would be Star Trek: Voyager: Season 4, Episode 9.

Abashedly Tp4 has not deeply studied voyager,  please paraphrase the scripture for us brother Makoti..

Offline NoteMakoti

• for sale, baby shoes, never worn
« Reply #21 on: Sat, 02 January 2021, 11:18:06 »

Abashedly Tp4 has not deeply studied voyager,  please paraphrase the scripture for us brother Makoti..

Offline Coreda

« Reply #23 on: Sun, 03 January 2021, 14:42:02 »
We only have 2 options for president.  But we have hundreds of other choices to make each day.  PLANT BASED is the solution to 87% of the green house emissions problem.

That is by far the more important directive for all mankind.  By all means vote democrat, but it's the least you can do.  You want to work a little harder , eat veggies.

tp managing to find the most obscure angles to evangelize veggie diets  :p

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #24 on: Sun, 03 January 2021, 15:33:55 »
tp managing to find the most obscure angles to evangelize veggie diets  :p

Tp4's love for Earth knows no boundaries.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #25 on: Sun, 03 January 2021, 17:13:42 »

Tp4's love for Earth

Offline iri

« Reply #26 on: Tue, 05 January 2021, 05:26:44 »
2020 was one of the best years of my life. Hope this year won't be worse.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #27 on: Wed, 06 January 2021, 06:17:47 »
2020 was one of the best years of my life. Hope this year won't be worse.

How