Author Topic: Movies you have seen recently  (Read 12225 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: Movies you have seen recently
« Reply #100 on: Thu, 22 August 2013, 12:42:14 »
Last movie I saw at the theaters was The Wolverine. Somewhat disappointing and a tad too long.

Yeah I gotta say it was pretty disappointing,  my favourite moment was the sneak peek to the new x-men movie lol. X-men origins: Wolverine tops this one any day of the week.

Just watched Now You See Me, and I really liked it, I really like these kind of movies i.e the count of monte cristo, limitless, the prestige and such.

Man Of Steel was nice, I liked the Krypton part quite a lot.

Pain & Gain was really funny, but it got really dark towards the end which was kinda disappointing. I want a happy ending :<

Iron Man 3 was kinda meh they're milking a dead cow but hey explosions!

Star Trek Into Darkness, I really prefer the 2 new star treks to the old and a big up for simon pegg :D

Had a bit of a movie marathon for a couple of days :D

Kick Ass 2 is something I still wanna see though

I can't believe you liked "now you see me"..  The CGI just took away all the "Magic"...

Offline mauri

« Reply #101 on: Thu, 22 August 2013, 12:46:54 »
Last movie I saw at the theaters was The Wolverine. Somewhat disappointing and a tad too long.

Yeah I gotta say it was pretty disappointing,  my favourite moment was the sneak peek to the new x-men movie lol. X-men origins: Wolverine tops this one any day of the week.

Just watched Now You See Me, and I really liked it, I really like these kind of movies i.e the count of monte cristo, limitless, the prestige and such.

Pain & Gain was really funny, but it got really dark towards the end which was kinda disappointing. I want a happy ending :<

Star Trek Into Darkness, I really prefer the 2 new star treks to the old and a big up for simon pegg :D

I can't believe you liked "now you see me"..  The CGI just took away all the "Magic"...

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

I very seldom am disappointed in a movie, guess I'm easily entertained
« Last Edit: Thu, 22 August 2013, 12:49:16 by mauri »
I AM BABAR KING OF THE ELEPHANTS

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #102 on: Thu, 22 August 2013, 12:50:11 »

they were too careless in "now you see me".. in the other magic movies, they made sure that the CGI never overtook the magic...

In NYSM,  all the eye-candy was too obviously cgi..

not that it was a bad movie, but that is what i mean't by the magic was "gone.

Offline mauri

« Reply #103 on: Thu, 22 August 2013, 12:53:56 »

they were too careless in "now you see me".. in the other magic movies, they made sure that the CGI never overtook the magic...

In NYSM,  all the eye-candy was too obviously cgi..

not that it was a bad movie, but that is what i mean't by the magic was "gone.

Well it wasn't that much about the magic, it was more of a heist/crime movie like inside man or ocean's movies, but with a twist. I mean they were portrayed as illusionists or street artists, not magicians. And don't most modern magicians copperfields and such have a big show with flashing lights, confetti and sparkly stuff.

They did pretty much explain in detail how (almost) everything was done :P
« Last Edit: Thu, 22 August 2013, 14:20:05 by mauri »
I AM BABAR KING OF THE ELEPHANTS

Offline evolyn

« Reply #104 on: Thu, 22 August 2013, 22:07:17 »
iam gona watch alot of hitchcock movies what would u recommend me to watch top 1-10?
and i watched recently trainingday
Iam Looking Desprate for Championship Riven QQ

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #105 on: Thu, 22 August 2013, 22:10:05 »
iam gona watch alot of hitchcock movies what would u recommend me to watch top 1-10?

How old are you?

The hitchcock movies do not resonate with me whatsoever..

I couldn't get into any of them despite several attempts

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #106 on: Fri, 23 August 2013, 04:22:49 »
Epic

It was Ok. It was like a lot of things. I had hyped it up mentally then watching it was kind of meh.

Offline evolyn

« Reply #107 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 15:46:15 »

How old are you?

The hitchcock movies do not resonate with me whatsoever..

I couldn't get into any of them despite several attempts
Show Image

any one who love movies love hitchcock its culture ! the movies are good and clever got charism. Check it out.
iam 27
Iam Looking Desprate for Championship Riven QQ

Offline iri

« Reply #108 on: Tue, 05 November 2013, 16:16:10 »
watched helluva lot of 2.5 norwegian films recently: kon-tiki, troll hunter and .5 max manus. first two are definitely worth watching. the third one i have yet to finish.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury