Author Topic: Hello All  (Read 2420 times)

Offline mononokifool

Hello All
« on: Thu, 06 September 2012, 04:55:50 »
So I have been lurking around the forum for the past couple weeks gathering information on keyboards. Well I finally ordered a KBT Pure from one of the vendors here on geekhack this morning and I am really excited since this will be my first mechanical keyboard. Anyway, I am studying Information Technology Security and network admin stuff at my local collage. This increase in computer based work has led to my decision on getting a new keyboard. Hopefully I wont fall down the rabbit whole and end up spending tons of money on keyboards and keycaps(my wife would most likely kill me in that case). I hope I can contribute to discussion around here and looking forward to getting to know everyone here.

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
Re: Hello All
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 06 September 2012, 05:54:14 »
Yeah, you're going to spend money.
We do not forgive,
We do not forget.

Sorry,

GeekHack

(and welcome)
Fight For Freedom. Stand with Hong Kongers

Offline posthaste

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 06 September 2012, 10:56:22 »
Just tell your wife it's better be at home loving your new keyboards (plural!) than out carousing at strip joints.

Offline wiredPANDA

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 06 September 2012, 10:59:01 »
Falling into the rabbit hole is inevitable.  How deep you fall is the question.

And like posthaste said, your interests could always be worse.  My wife has come to accept it - I just usually get a few dirty looks when I come home with a new board or a bag of keycaps.
| HHKB Pro 2 | Leopold FC660C
| Poker.PANDAclears | ErgoDox (62g Black)

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 06 September 2012, 11:21:54 »
Welcome to GH.

My wife yelled at me when I picked up 2 more boards in addition to the 2 old ones I had. A few months later she had her own plus a small collection of caps. Use the "we need to work together to have more common interests" line if you must. ;D
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 06 September 2012, 12:36:08 »
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline mononokifool

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 06 September 2012, 14:06:48 »
Well I tried to involve her as much as I could in the decision making process. I also found a few key caps she might like. Hopefully she will come around.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 06 September 2012, 14:16:05 »
Well I tried to involve her as much as I could in the decision making process. I also found a few key caps she might like. Hopefully she will come around.

Good move. First caps I got her were the SHS monkey set from boost's group buy. She posted a pic of them on facebook and even got a few of her friends interested, which, in turn, keeps her more involved without me having to be the driving force of the hobby.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 08 September 2012, 10:57:16 »

Good move. First caps I got her were the SHS monkey set from boost's group buy. She posted a pic of them on facebook and even got a few of her friends interested, which, in turn, keeps her more involved without me having to be the driving force of the hobby.

This seems counter-intuitive. If both of you are picking up boards, then you will have less resources to pursue your Personal interests.

If anything, Hiding the hobby from the wife at all cost, is the way to go.

This is why they have the filco NINJA.