Author Topic: Dat Prime Day  (Read 1714 times)

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Dat Prime Day
« on: Mon, 21 June 2021, 13:52:20 »
NE1 buy nething yet ?

Kind of dizzying, and same-y

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
Re: Dat Prime Day
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 21 June 2021, 15:15:52 »
Searched for AMD, on B55 mobo and the fourth item was an intel laptop.  Searched for comply (earphone tips), nothing, Searched for seiko, nothing.  Searched for Shimano, nothing. Searched for KMC (bike chain), nothing.  I have a £10 voucher so I guess I need to find something for £9.99 in the full price section to make a point, not that they'll notice.
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 21 June 2021, 15:25:07 »
you mean b55 from phenom days? or b550 ?

Lots of stuff comes up for ryzen.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 21 June 2021, 15:45:36 »
It's like there's a conspiracy to never put good cpu coolers on sale ever, only the garbage **** ones. Every year it's the same. On every website. Computer parts sale, but only the ****tiest cpu coolers, no Noctua for you idiot they never go on sale.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 21 June 2021, 16:41:35 »
you mean b55 from phenom days? or b550 ?

Lots of stuff comes up for ryzen.
Good spot, missed a 0.  There is also a Gigabyte Aorus X570 now but no CPU to put in it.  Searching Ryzen finds more random crap from manu's I've never heard of (pci-e wifi, open bench itx "case", random watercooling stuff, two plastic CPU cooler backplates...) and a Razer headset but still no CPU.

Maybe .com is good but .co.uk is not, and they wont let me see .com offers.
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Sniping

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 21 June 2021, 18:31:37 »
there aint **** this year

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 21 June 2021, 18:35:50 »

to never put good  ....  on sale ever, only the garbage

Anything good is easy to buy and sell at market price.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 21 June 2021, 19:13:07 »
Anything I want I will just snag at one of my local Micro Centers (fortunately there are two here in the Atlanta area).  Other than that it will arrive later than I can accept for having a Prime membership.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline Kavik

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 21 June 2021, 21:50:06 »
I looked only briefly, but the only thing that slightly tempted me was an electric griddle. Then I remembered I have a stovetop griddle I don't use (partly because it's uneven), and I really don't have room for any more kitchen implements that duplicate the purpose of a pan or an oven (which is all almost any fancy kitchen item does).
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 21 June 2021, 22:01:17 »
I looked only briefly, but the only thing that slightly tempted me was an electric griddle. Then I remembered I have a stovetop griddle I don't use (partly because it's uneven), and I really don't have room for any more kitchen implements that duplicate the purpose of a pan or an oven (which is all almost any fancy kitchen item does).

There's a panasonic toaster oven that looks prettty gud'

Offline azzipa

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 22 June 2021, 00:32:56 »
belkin 2m thunderbolt cable. 25% off, and that also applied to the ‘used’ cable from amazon warehouse, so i got it for $32 with original packaging. also picked up another aothia desk pad, again from amazon warehouse, for $10 and change. no edge stitching, and none needed, and easy to clean if you eat at your desk like i do. most of what’s on offer looks like junk imo.

Offline yui

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 23 June 2021, 01:48:39 »
It's like there's a conspiracy to never put good cpu coolers on sale ever, only the garbage **** ones. Every year it's the same. On every website. Computer parts sale, but only the ****tiest cpu coolers, no Noctua for you idiot they never go on sale.
i dunno where you are, but i got my cooler used on the french craigslist equivalent for 5euros, and i think the hyper 212 is a decent cooler for most pc, and there was about 5 ads at those kind of prices, so i dunno about prime days or what you need for coolers but i would go hunt for used one (coolers, unlike psu and mb do not degrade with age, so pretty safe :)) and if you really want a noctua fan then getting those used should not be too hard either, i guess.
(ps, yes i have a bit of a bias against Amazon too, not helping to make their offers appealing)
« Last Edit: Wed, 23 June 2021, 01:50:36 by yui »
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)