Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4218490 times)

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #1751 on: Sat, 13 December 2014, 01:37:28 »
This:

Everything I own is now not cool enough.  Why???????????
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1752 on: Sat, 13 December 2014, 01:41:18 »
This:
Show Image

Because you poor.

....But it's okay, I can't afford that kind of ridiculousness either...nor justify it. 

In any case, you have something way cooler, an awesome little kid and a wife who loves you.

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #1753 on: Sat, 13 December 2014, 01:51:04 »
This:
Show Image

Because you poor.

....But it's okay, I can't afford that kind of ridiculousness either...nor justify it. 

In any case, you have something way cooler, an awesome little kid and a wife who loves you.

Yeah, those are my pride and joy in life.  Don't forget good friends  :-*
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline iri

« Reply #1754 on: Sat, 13 December 2014, 05:39:16 »
retarded cold war style politics.

MS. PSAKI: Well, we’ve certainly seen more of the reporting that has come out this morning, but let me tell you what I have at this point. Of course, we’ve seen the reports regarding Indian business signing contract – Indian businesses signing contracts with Russian businesses. We continue to urge all countries not to conduct business as usual with Russia. We continue to monitor it, but we haven’t looked at all the specifics of the contracts, for obvious reasons.

(...)

QUESTION: You’re saying that business cannot go on as usual with Russia – other countries with Russia? Is that what you’re saying?

MS. PSAKI: Yes.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1756 on: Sat, 13 December 2014, 18:22:47 »
At the company Christmas party with ~200 others and don't have anyone we know to sit with.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #1757 on: Sat, 13 December 2014, 18:36:23 »
This:
Show Image

Because you poor.

Yeah, those are my pride and joy in life.  Don't forget good friends  :-*

Kid, wife, friends..

"hahaha.. things with low payoff, things that depreciate, things that you don't need once self sufficient, only the poor clings to such trivialities.." - said a rich uncle of mine..

He's pretty insane.. but... what can i do , he's rich.. you gotta do what he says.. .

Offline iri

« Reply #1758 on: Sun, 14 December 2014, 06:43:15 »
At the company Christmas party with ~200 others and don't have anyone we know to sit with.
get drunk as fast as possible. will help.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1759 on: Sun, 14 December 2014, 08:23:19 »
I don't drink :P

Offline iri

« Reply #1760 on: Sun, 14 December 2014, 08:35:10 »
then you have a problem!

-Ray Bradbury

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1761 on: Sun, 14 December 2014, 12:13:13 »

The easiest way to get to know strangers! Especially for us introverted type.  :thumb:

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1762 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 17:05:31 »

The easiest way to get to know strangers! Especially for us introverted type.  :thumb:

Just don't drink so much that you pass out!  You don't meet anyone when you're passed out.  :(

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1763 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 17:45:28 »
I need to get something for my 27 year old female cousin for Christmas that costs less than £10 for our yearly Secret Santa... I had her last year as well so I'm kind of out of ideas. hah. She's diabetic so I can't get her chocolate or anything like that.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #1764 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 21:41:34 »
Not being able to write a resume.  Never had a job where I had to write one.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1765 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 22:55:04 »

ah, yes. liquid courage.

Just don't drink so much that you pass out!  You don't meet anyone when you're passed out.  :(

yeah, and be careful because they might meat you.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #1766 on: Tue, 16 December 2014, 02:23:57 »
The weather needs to be colder.  Christmas is next week and I barely even have to wear a jacket. >:D

Offline iri

« Reply #1767 on: Tue, 16 December 2014, 03:11:57 »
Rain occurred this morning. Everything is muddy and slushy... Exactly when I broke the rear fender's fitting.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #1768 on: Tue, 16 December 2014, 12:01:02 »
I am bothered by my intermittent stupidity...

It's like my mind occasionally decides to be a moron, despite all my greatest efforts to prevent it.

It's like I have no control over it, but when it happens I feel like **** because of it...
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline iri

« Reply #1769 on: Tue, 16 December 2014, 12:04:37 »

It's like my mind occasionally decides to be a moron, despite all my greatest efforts to prevent it.

It's like I have no control over it, but when it happens I feel like **** because of it...
it's called "youth". don't worry, it will go.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #1770 on: Tue, 16 December 2014, 12:07:49 »

I'm told by my father that the older you get, the less ****s you give...

If this is the case, I can't wait to get older.

I don't think my father has given a single **** as to what people think of him in many years...
« Last Edit: Tue, 16 December 2014, 12:10:34 by Computer-Lab in Basement »
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1771 on: Tue, 16 December 2014, 12:36:43 »

I'm told by my father that the older you get, the less ****s you give...

If this is the case, I can't wait to get older.

I don't think my father has given a single **** as to what people think of him in many years...

This has to do with the fact that once you get older and have children, your lifecycle is technically complete..  So once his children reaches maturity, he is essentially just waiting to die..

The slightly longer lifespan granted by modern abundance prolongs this period..

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #1772 on: Tue, 16 December 2014, 13:05:15 »
I'm bothered that the HP Stream 7 tablet, which is $100 in the US, basically has to cost €130 or $160 here in the Netherlands
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline evolveS

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #1773 on: Tue, 16 December 2014, 13:06:38 »
I'm torn on whether to fix my car or trade-in towards a newer one.
Aside from weighing as much as a museum and having bratwurst for brakes, it's fine. I just want something a bit more... fun!
"money comes and goes, but doubleshots are forever"
-a petty thief

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1774 on: Tue, 16 December 2014, 13:17:28 »
Aside from weighing as much as a museum and having bratwurst for brakes, it's fine. I just want something a bit more... fun!

Miada ?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1775 on: Tue, 16 December 2014, 13:20:34 »

Yea.. but you get to live in a clean country with the good air, and euro-girls that do way more sex stuff than 'murican girls.

I'd say that's a fair trade.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1776 on: Tue, 16 December 2014, 13:25:59 »

Do you not enjoy driving a boat?  :D

Offline evolveS

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #1777 on: Tue, 16 December 2014, 13:53:43 »
Do you not enjoy driving a boat?  :D

The boat might actually do better on a lake than on the road  :))

Miada ?

As much as everyone loves to love the MX-5, it's not my style. I would want something more aggressive.
-a petty thief

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1778 on: Tue, 16 December 2014, 14:35:13 »
Miada ?

As much as everyone loves to love the MX-5, it's not my style. I would want something more aggressive.

The new Mustang looks nice :D

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1779 on: Tue, 16 December 2014, 14:39:07 »
Miada ?

The old Mustang looks nicer  :P

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1780 on: Tue, 16 December 2014, 14:47:12 »
Miada ?

Show Image

True, but they probably cost about the same and I bet it would be easier to find a newer one, especially in the UK.

I wouldn't sawp my golf for either though ;)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1781 on: Tue, 16 December 2014, 14:49:14 »

why not have both  ;D

Offline evolveS

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #1782 on: Tue, 16 December 2014, 15:00:55 »
Not really into American cars, with the exception of the Z06 (Corvette finally fitted one of their cars with an INTERIOR!!!).

I just can't come to grips with the financials of buying a car, new or used.
-a petty thief

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1783 on: Tue, 16 December 2014, 15:13:14 »
Miada ?

Show Image

True, but they probably cost about the same and I bet it would be easier to find a newer one, especially in the UK.

I wouldn't sawp my golf for either though ;)

Even if they did cost the same, I'd still prefer the old design.  Just looks much better IMO.

And you reminded me that I need to get a Golf...  :|

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1784 on: Tue, 16 December 2014, 15:14:50 »
Even if they did cost the same, I'd still prefer the old design.  Just looks much better IMO.

DO IT

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1785 on: Tue, 16 December 2014, 15:17:58 »

DO IT

Yeah, as soon as I find a stock auto TDI MkII...  :rolleyes:

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #1786 on: Tue, 16 December 2014, 15:20:23 »
I forgot to buy a pie crust on my way home.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #1787 on: Tue, 16 December 2014, 16:16:42 »
Watercooling. I am so through with it.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1788 on: Tue, 16 December 2014, 17:14:16 »
Watercooling. I am so through with it.

Custom stuff?

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #1789 on: Tue, 16 December 2014, 17:49:31 »
Yeah, custom loop... on my custom made 'case'. I just bought a new x79 board and a hex core cpu and I can't use it since the damn mounting on my waterblock... I bought a kit that was supposed to adapt it but the bolts are too thick to fit through the bolt holes on the block to attach it. I guess EK changed stuff through generations as I have a really old Supreme block from 2009.
I think I'm going to ditch all that watercooling stuff with my custom case and grab an NZXT 340 and some air cooler or other. I've also kind of grown tired of the hassle of maintenance on watercooling as well. With my new CPU having only 60w TDP I don't really think I need the elaborate 'extreme' cooling of water anymore anyway.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1790 on: Tue, 16 December 2014, 17:57:31 »
Yeah, custom loop... on my custom made 'case'. I just bought a new x79 board and a hex core cpu and I can't use it since the damn mounting on my waterblock... I bought a kit that was supposed to adapt it but the bolts are too thick to fit through the bolt holes on the block to attach it. I guess EK changed stuff through generations as I have a really old Supreme block from 2009.
I think I'm going to ditch all that watercooling stuff with my custom case and grab an NZXT 340 and some air cooler or other. I've also kind of grown tired of the hassle of maintenance on watercooling as well. With my new CPU having only 60w TDP I don't really think I need the elaborate 'extreme' cooling of water anymore anyway.

Sounds hella complicated. I've always been put off water cooling because I don't trust myself. I just know that I would get wrong bits for whatever and then end up pouring it all over my components or something. It does look extremely impressive though if done right (see my photos from i52 I posted this summer) but I can understand why you wouldn't want to bother with it.

I had a Corsair H50 in my old build that I took out a few weeks ago. Looking at the pump where it is in contact with my CPU, it looked like it was leaking for a while. Luckily nothing was damaged. But yeah, **** water cooling unless someone more experienced does it for me.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #1791 on: Tue, 16 December 2014, 20:25:24 »
Hehe... I do crazy stuff like top it off when it's running. I have to turn it sideways to fill it, and the res where I fill it is directly over the motherboard main 24pin power connector.
I've been looking at coolers and things since my last message... so lost. Anything that looks reasonably nice and sure not to be loud as death metal is so expensive, same as AIO water territory. Might just have to say to hell with it and go for the Kraken X60... or I guess I could keep spinning the wheel and try to find some other block adapter that actually fits with what I already have.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1792 on: Thu, 18 December 2014, 14:52:40 »
Dealing with a hospital that dumped one of my conservatees (but is claiming they didn't) and is refusing to take him back.  Now everyone is scrambling to figure out what we can do.  We need socialized medicine already and moe psych placements so we don't have to deal with this BS.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1793 on: Thu, 18 December 2014, 14:55:56 »
Hehe... I do crazy stuff like top it off when it's running. I have to turn it sideways to fill it, and the res where I fill it is directly over the motherboard main 24pin power connector.
I've been looking at coolers and things since my last message... so lost. Anything that looks reasonably nice and sure not to be loud as death metal is so expensive, same as AIO water territory. Might just have to say to hell with it and go for the Kraken X60... or I guess I could keep spinning the wheel and try to find some other block adapter that actually fits with what I already have.

http://www.ebuyer.com/500906-zalman-cnps9900-df-dual-fan-ultra-quiet-cpu-cooler-cnps9900-df

I bought one of these. While enourmous, it is quiet as a mouse, even with two fans, and it lights up blue :D Problem with the two fans is that it's hard to cable manage two CPU fan connectors...

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #1794 on: Sat, 20 December 2014, 02:02:30 »
Six months ago, someone put an older Mac Pro in the dumpster in my apartment building, but the previous owners had cut open the front of it so the case was practically ruined.

Today, there is another older Mac Pro in the dumpster and the front of the case was not cut, but someone had been there before me and harvested the memory and harddrive from it. However, instead of having used the beautifully engineered latch on the back of the case to open it, the case had been pried open with a crowbar ... which means that the case is ruined. What an idiot! Argh!

Offline jackalope

• Now with 20% more soul.
« Reply #1795 on: Sat, 20 December 2014, 02:29:50 »
In one week I lost my fiance of 5 years, my job, my car broke down, and had to move back into my parents. Thank god this week is almost over.
eh o well

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #1796 on: Sat, 20 December 2014, 02:41:46 »

In one week I lost my fiance of 5 years, my job, my car broke down, and had to move back into my parents. Thank god this week is almost over.
Wow.....
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #1797 on: Sat, 20 December 2014, 02:58:29 »

http://www.ebuyer.com/500906-zalman-cnps9900-df-dual-fan-ultra-quiet-cpu-cooler-cnps9900-df

I bought one of these. While enourmous, it is quiet as a mouse, even with two fans, and it lights up blue :D Problem with the two fans is that it's hard to cable manage two CPU fan connectors...

I actually went with the cnps9000max... couldn't find the green version anywhere which was a bummer... so I ended up settling for red. It's not too bad, just a little louder than my pump in the noise department. But I guess I can't complain too much for $25.
After spending hours getting my new PC set up, I am running benchmarks and it's not even any better than my old one it seems... I think something has to be wrong.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1798 on: Sat, 20 December 2014, 04:34:20 »
(Attachment Link)

why not have both  ;D

The Challenger looks way better IMO. No idea if it's as well built, but the new Mustang is like a high schooler's idea of what cool looks like. So flashy, and so many superfluous body additions that do **** all but add weight.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #1799 on: Sat, 20 December 2014, 08:07:30 »
(Attachment Link)

why not have both  ;D

The Challenger looks way better IMO. No idea if it's as well built, but the new Mustang is like a high schooler's idea of what cool looks like. So flashy, and so many superfluous body additions that do **** all but add weight.

Still the best
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"