Author Topic: So I'm thinking QFR Stealth as my first mech keyboard, any suggestions?  (Read 1470 times)

Offline Freezzy

Hello :) Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong section, first post in the keyboard forums and all that. Just got my first computer setup :) Ignoring all the internet/monitor problems cause I'm still a noob at that, let's stop, cause this is a keyboard forum, not a computer one.

I'm planning on getting a keyboard, and my setup will be complete, I have everything else, a good mice, a good mouse pad, a pair of headphones. So, I'm not really on a budget, but I can't let myself a 200$ Keyboard, lol. You could say I decided on a keyboard, which is a QFR Stealth, but it's still a long time away, I could find something else that I like more :)

Cherry mx Red switches, I don't need any fancy LED's or such, I would like a clean, smooth design (There's where the Stealth version comes in) So if you could give me suggestions or anything, I appreciate it :) Or just reasons why I should get a QFR Stealth and feel safe, or why I shouldn't.

Offline Yzeets

Re: So I'm thinking QFR Stealth as my first mech keyboard, any suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 03:49:00 »
It all depends on how much you want to spend, that QFR Stealth isn't going to be out for another month or so I think. I assume it's going to be more then the current QFR, you might aswell buy a QFR from amazon and get side printed key caps if that's the style you are looking for, QFR is a good keyboard to start with the build is great and I don't know many people who have problems with them, so I assume the newer ones will be just as well made
« Last Edit: Thu, 14 February 2013, 03:51:24 by Yzeets »

Offline calavera

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 04:20:37 »
buy it.. done.

Done? It is only the beginning...

Offline Yzeets

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 04:33:52 »
I thought I would only have 1 keyboard when i first started reading GH, now it's a sickness

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 15 February 2013, 22:57:26 »
No problems with a QFR - I have one with MX blacks and Filco yellow keycaps - long story) and it's fantastic!

We also have two or three CM reps who lurk around the forums and are always fairly quick to respond to queries and help members.

And if you do have non-keyboard questions, that is that other geeky stuff and off topic is for.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 15 February 2013, 23:01:53 »
buy it.. done.

I agree with this, QFR Stealth with MX Red is exactly what I'd buy if I were to get my first keyboard.

I'm only not getting it at this point because I already own a Filco Ninja MX Red  :P

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline rodo111

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 16 February 2013, 01:40:09 »
It all depends on how much you want to spend, that QFR Stealth isn't going to be out for another month or so I think. I assume it's going to be more then the current QFR, you might aswell buy a QFR from amazon and get side printed key caps if that's the style you are looking for, QFR is a good keyboard to start with the build is great and I don't know many people who have problems with them, so I assume the newer ones will be just as well made

I believe CM reps have said that it will be the same price that the QFR currently retails for ($79.99 for blue, brown, black, $89.99 for reds and I'm not sure what it is for greens).

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 16 February 2013, 07:25:16 »

I believe CM reps have said that it will be the same price that the QFR currently retails for ($79.99 for blue, brown, black, $89.99 for reds and I'm not sure what it is for greens).

A bit annoying how they still mark up the reds even though it's not "limited edition" anymore.  Oh well at least QFR is still cheaper and better quality than most boards out there though lol.

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline Edjewh

« Reply #9 on: Sat, 16 February 2013, 09:24:19 »
I don't like qfr's keycap at all feel super thin compared to my ducky and nonpoo but to each their own I guess.