Author Topic: dey'gon'git'Drumph'dis'tine'o'no?  (Read 62607 times)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: dey'gon'git'Drumph'dis'tine'o'no?
« Reply #100 on: Sat, 04 May 2024, 09:10:03 »

Any thoughts on that lady who killed her puppy with a handgun because it was inconvenient for her lifestyle?

Clearly, she is transcendently stupid.

Terminating unwanted domestic animals happens millions of times a day  BUT YOU DON'T TALK ABOUT IT !!!

Or, at the minimum, fabricate some excuse to justify it.
How the hell or why did you become a DEMO-crat?” He asked.
“Long story, but it started with Nixon, then I was educated and know history as the Republicans are all about getting power to exploit it to their benefit, while Democratic politicians, for the most part, are for distributing things more equitably. I’ll finish with the overwhelming sociological and psychological evidence in studies that identify that conservatives see the world through inherent inequity where the elite or those who seek to be elite are superior to the commoners, and it is they who should lead. At the same time, liberals look at the world as inequality and seek to make the world more equitable, and that all should be represented. Ultimately, conservatives trust those in authority, while liberals inherently distrust those in authority to take advantage for themselves or their constituency.”
He looks up and says, “No one ever explained that to me, and then asks, “If **** Cheney thinks that Trump is that bad, then it's not about DEMO-crats vs Republicans, is it.”
I resume walking and then say, “Hey, you got it; it's the Democratic and old Republican parties versus Trumpism, which is American fascism aided by the Russians.”
- RWN 2024-09008

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #101 on: Sat, 04 May 2024, 11:29:58 »
Terminating unwanted domestic animals happens millions of times a day  BUT YOU DON'T TALK ABOUT IT !!!

It's hypocritical for people to get angry about this.  Having domestic animals in general, fosters the industry which produces millions of strays. In the end, we kill more than we keep as pets. So, big picture, the pet trade is not love, it's animal churning Cute-Slavery. Veterinarians have the HIGHEST suicide-rate of Any-Industry.

These pet carnivores also consume ~1/3 of all meat produced, which means they're hugely responsible for the climate change Disaster..

If you must have a pet, ideally, it should be a veggie eating kind, or at least feed using V-dog type balanced dog food in appropriately large proportions. Cats must eat meat, but if the OWNER-himself can switch to 100% Veggie, the offset is certainly large enough to cover a few cats.

It's just better not to keep real-carnivores as pets though.

Humans are not omnivores, they are certainly not carnivores.
Humans are stringently Starchivores,  Rice, Potato, Tubers, Corn..

Offline Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
« Reply #102 on: Thu, 30 May 2024, 20:42:37 »
Trump guilty on all counts, I think dey got drumph this time.

Still crazy that he can still run for president while a convicted felon, but felons can't even vote for a president.
keyboard collection - fjell
More
cherry blacks - unlubed - filmed and springswapped with tx 55g mediums - alu Plate | pretty happy with this, the blacks were cherry picked so they weren't that scratchy to begin with, but currently breaking them in, may lube them with a dry lube like ro59 or ptfe powder.
| hhkb bt
More
lubed with tribosys 3203 | like topre a lot, prefer it lubed but did make less tactile but that might have been a skill issue. probably will get more tactile over time as the domes age.
| m0115
More
bad orange alps lol | definitely needs a restoration. planning on wax boiling them and maybe a replacement pcb because the board has only 2 key rollover apparently.
| praxis
More
gateron yellows - lubed with 205g0 - 62g tx mediums - pc plate | probably my favourite keyboard already, feels super nice and sounds pretty good, it's got a great layout as well. probably gonna build this with mx browns, I feel like it would suit the board more.
| camo filco
More
stock with silent reds | Pretty cool looking board, the silent reds are actually good, they are smooth and I don't mind the mushiness (it's not even that mushy as well). the layout is pretty weird, but is useable. will probably mod this in the future. maybe a pcb and plate swap, change the keycaps to something dolch like, and also spring swap the springs in the silent reds.
| ibm model f at
More
stock, needs a cleaning and probably replacement foam. Do plan to change layout so it has split bs and rs, as well as ansi enter.

collection in pixel art
More

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #103 on: Thu, 30 May 2024, 21:49:01 »

can still run for president while a convicted felon

The Founders never dreamed that such a horrible and worthless person could go out in public and not be ridiculed.

The Constitution does not have any provisions or safeguards against the situtation we find ourselves in today.

And, although it is welcome news, this is by orders of magnitude the least of the cases against him - being about mere money and dishonesty.

“Long story, but it started with Nixon, then I was educated and know history as the Republicans are all about getting power to exploit it to their benefit, while Democratic politicians, for the most part, are for distributing things more equitably. I’ll finish with the overwhelming sociological and psychological evidence in studies that identify that conservatives see the world through inherent inequity where the elite or those who seek to be elite are superior to the commoners, and it is they who should lead. At the same time, liberals look at the world as inequality and seek to make the world more equitable, and that all should be represented. Ultimately, conservatives trust those in authority, while liberals inherently distrust those in authority to take advantage for themselves or their constituency.”
He looks up and says, “No one ever explained that to me, and then asks, “If **** Cheney thinks that Trump is that bad, then it's not about DEMO-crats vs Republicans, is it.”
I resume walking and then say, “Hey, you got it; it's the Democratic and old Republican parties versus Trumpism, which is American fascism aided by the Russians.”
- RWN 2024-09008

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #104 on: Fri, 31 May 2024, 05:40:41 »
Trump guilty on all counts, I think dey got drumph this time.

Still crazy that he can still run for president while a convicted felon, but felons can't even vote for a president.
I still have two concerns...

He was still treated with kid gloves the entire time and will he see jail.
If it was you or me, we'd have already been in jail, even Cohen who handled the money and took a deal over it did time for this and yet I won't be surprised if Trump just gets house arrest or something despite overwhelming evidence, a very quick guilty verdict on all counts and being a massive flight and security risk. There is no reason for him to not be locked up and yet I won't be surprised if they don't. I also won't be surprised if there's riots either way.

Regardless of sentence, expect an absolute insane amount of money to be thrown at the next New York Governor race in order to get a Republican elected so they can pardon him. It's a state charge, not federal, Biden can't pardon for it and people need to stop acting like he can.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #105 on: Fri, 31 May 2024, 05:53:46 »
Just watched a news item on Trump's recent conviction - though it's Dutch media, they called him the "favourite" which is again what it looks like to me from a distance, but different from what I've heard from some American sources.

So which is it, and is this conviction going to make a difference either way? xD Coudl even be positive for him, in some ways, I reckon.
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline mohawk1367

• Typing on: HHKB Pro Hybrid Type-S
« Reply #106 on: Fri, 31 May 2024, 06:38:08 »
Just watched a news item on Trump's recent conviction - though it's Dutch media, they called him the "favourite" which is again what it looks like to me from a distance, but different from what I've heard from some American sources.

So which is it, and is this conviction going to make a difference either way? xD Coudl even be positive for him, in some ways, I reckon.

im not sure, this damn country is just too big for me to really judge who's the universal "Favorite" but i reckon he'll still be elected because... idk
someone needs to make an aussie keyboard community called QMƎɹ┴⅄. get it? haha :D

Offline TomahawkLabs

« Reply #107 on: Fri, 31 May 2024, 09:20:14 »

If it was you or me, we'd have already been in jail, even Cohen who handled the money and took a deal over it did time for this and yet I won't be surprised if Trump just gets house arrest or something despite overwhelming evidence, a very quick guilty verdict on all counts and being a massive flight and security risk. There is no reason for him to not be locked up and yet I won't be surprised if they don't. I also won't be surprised if there's riots either way.

Regardless of sentence, expect an absolute insane amount of money to be thrown at the next New York Governor race in order to get a Republican elected so they can pardon him. It's a state charge, not federal, Biden can't pardon for it and people need to stop acting like he can.

Even you or I wouldn't get prison time for a first offense. He is a technical first time offender of non-violent crime, no guns, no drugs and is 70+ years old. Also he was convicted of fraud, but in this specific case there is nobody who was "scammed" or "defrauded" out of money. So the technical damage is "$0.00". HOWEVER, his flippant disregard for the safety of the jury, the judge's daughter, and the prosecution team will be weighted in the judge's sentencing.
Always looking for Alps SKCM/SKCL switches. Feel free to DM.
AMD 5600x | RTX3080 | 2x 1TB NVME + 4x 4TB HDD | B550M Pro-P | 32GB RAM | RM850x | Node 804 | Schiit Modius/Magnius + Audeze LCD-2 | 2x Dell S3422DWG
GMMK 1 Full Size Barebones | Zealio 67g ; Apple M3501 handwired | Alps SKCM Damped Cream
SA: Camping

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #108 on: Fri, 31 May 2024, 16:19:38 »

Even you or I wouldn't get prison time for a first offense. He is a technical first time offender of non-violent crime, no guns, no drugs and is 70+ years old. Also he was convicted of fraud, but in this specific case there is nobody who was "scammed" or "defrauded" out of money. So the technical damage is "$0.00". HOWEVER, his flippant disregard for the safety of the jury, the judge's daughter, and the prosecution team will be weighted in the judge's sentencing.
It was 34 charges and no remorse.
It's not like "oops, sorry, my bad" it was "I did it, multiple times and I'll certainly do it again and you can't stop me!"

Also it may not have been monetary, but he was found guilty of election interference which should carry a harsh sentence. Were it Biden, Obama, Hunter or Hillary who did this he would be screaming for the death penalty. Oh wait, he already did that.
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline TomahawkLabs

« Reply #110 on: Fri, 31 May 2024, 18:29:02 »

It was 34 charges and no remorse.
It's not like "oops, sorry, my bad" it was "I did it, multiple times and I'll certainly do it again and you can't stop me!"

Also it may not have been monetary, but he was found guilty of election interference which should carry a harsh sentence. Were it Biden, Obama, Hunter or Hillary who did this he would be screaming for the death penalty. Oh wait, he already did that.

Oh I hope he is held accountable and for the punishment to fit the crime. I’m but a silly keyboard enthusiast who pays enough attention to US politics to know what’s going on, but not a lawyer who could confidently assess the case and other historical cases to attempt to venture the sentencing.
Always looking for Alps SKCM/SKCL switches. Feel free to DM.
AMD 5600x | RTX3080 | 2x 1TB NVME + 4x 4TB HDD | B550M Pro-P | 32GB RAM | RM850x | Node 804 | Schiit Modius/Magnius + Audeze LCD-2 | 2x Dell S3422DWG
GMMK 1 Full Size Barebones | Zealio 67g ; Apple M3501 handwired | Alps SKCM Damped Cream
SA: Camping

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #111 on: Sat, 01 June 2024, 18:14:00 »
Imagine having such a broken brain that a guilty conviction causes you to support someone more

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #112 on: Sat, 01 June 2024, 19:52:08 »
Imagine having such a broken brain that a guilty conviction causes you to support someone more
I don't really think it's that, to his supporters this just looks like a confirmation that he's being conspired against. Which is possibly even more dangerous.

Offline kurplop

• THE HERO WE DON'T DESERVE
« Reply #113 on: Sun, 02 June 2024, 08:37:36 »

A similar statement was echoed after the OJ Simpson trial but that may be a one-sided perspective that isn’t taking into account the life experiences of those who do so. An inner-city minority who has seen police corruption firsthand, may rationally have believed Simpson’s innocence while those who have had positive experiences with law enforcement might have a disparate but still rational belief.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #114 on: Sun, 02 June 2024, 08:50:11 »
It's not a broken brain in most cases. It's bad upbringing. Incorrect information.  This disinformation is deliberate instilled by the local and state regime.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #115 on: Sun, 02 June 2024, 10:32:48 »
It's not a broken brain in most cases. It's bad upbringing. Incorrect information.  This disinformation is deliberate instilled by the local and state regime.

A lot is disinformation for sure.  I think this is one of the things that "AI" has been very good at. We used to just blanket say that it was "Social Media" feeding the narrative.  But far reaching "AI" has become the buzzword now.  The truth is, it's humans with a digital tool that does a good job.  AI taught to pinpoint exactly what information people get in their "X" feed, their Instagram reel, their TikTok, whatever "news" they think they're getting and feed it with exactly the narrative you want to push.  It's already been happening for at least a decade.

I saw outrage after Orange ****ler was convicted of 34 felony charges for election fraud.  Almost every talking point said that "Biden's DOJ" prosecuted him unfairly and the Judge was crooked.  I mean, you can't get much further from the truth.  But that's what they were saying.

You can see how the disinformation was built.  The first thing that happened was that the DOJ looked into Trump illegally holding Classified documents.  Then Trump was in court for civil fraud which was decided in a non-jury trial.  A bench trial.  Which is quite common.  Then you have the issue where he was recently convicted by a jury of 12 members for falsifying business records in order to keep a steamy news story out of the press just before the election cycle started.  It was an open and shut case of business record fraud.  There was essentially no defense put forward because the evidence was so clear.

Now string them all together and you get "Biden's DOJ (1st case which is suspended indefinitely) dragged Drump to court, where the crooked Judge convicted him (2nd trial where he has to pay $355million from a bench trial where the judge passed the sentence)"  If you bring up falsification of business records they either don't know what you're talking about (since most people on Earth assume that Trump falsifies every business record to game the system), or they think that what he did was not a big deal and he shouldn't face repercussions from it.
« Last Edit: Sun, 02 June 2024, 11:14:48 by pixelpusher »

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #116 on: Wed, 05 June 2024, 19:12:34 »
- RWN 2024-09008

Offline Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
« Reply #117 on: Wed, 05 June 2024, 19:45:47 »
keyboard collection - fjell
More
cherry blacks - unlubed - filmed and springswapped with tx 55g mediums - alu Plate | pretty happy with this, the blacks were cherry picked so they weren't that scratchy to begin with, but currently breaking them in, may lube them with a dry lube like ro59 or ptfe powder.
| hhkb bt
More
lubed with tribosys 3203 | like topre a lot, prefer it lubed but did make less tactile but that might have been a skill issue. probably will get more tactile over time as the domes age.
| m0115
More
bad orange alps lol | definitely needs a restoration. planning on wax boiling them and maybe a replacement pcb because the board has only 2 key rollover apparently.
| praxis
More
gateron yellows - lubed with 205g0 - 62g tx mediums - pc plate | probably my favourite keyboard already, feels super nice and sounds pretty good, it's got a great layout as well. probably gonna build this with mx browns, I feel like it would suit the board more.
| camo filco
More
stock with silent reds | Pretty cool looking board, the silent reds are actually good, they are smooth and I don't mind the mushiness (it's not even that mushy as well). the layout is pretty weird, but is useable. will probably mod this in the future. maybe a pcb and plate swap, change the keycaps to something dolch like, and also spring swap the springs in the silent reds.
| ibm model f at
More
stock, needs a cleaning and probably replacement foam. Do plan to change layout so it has split bs and rs, as well as ansi enter.

collection in pixel art
More

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #118 on: Wed, 05 June 2024, 20:09:14 »
- RWN 2024-09008

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #119 on: Thu, 06 June 2024, 11:06:47 »
I think we forgot about how publicly the GOP downplays the effects and problems of global warming.  Was very common to see this type of thing daily when the orange felon was in office.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #120 on: Mon, 01 July 2024, 13:49:29 »
SCROTUS just awarded him absolute immunity for "official acts" ....

« Last Edit: Mon, 01 July 2024, 15:13:48 by fohat.digs »
- RWN 2024-09008

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #121 on: Tue, 02 July 2024, 05:53:17 »
And pretty much no oversight since you have to sue to determine if it was an "official" act, which can take years if at all since it can be declared state secret (by the Pres) and shut down entirely.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #122 on: Tue, 02 July 2024, 06:17:05 »

That they waited for the last moment on the final day to do it is deeply upsetting, and disturbingly telling whose side they are on.
Get ready for 4 more years of misinformation and trying to start a Civil War.

Social media was the biggest mistake of the modern age. Never thought I'd be against freedom of speech, but damn is it dangerous.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #123 on: Tue, 02 July 2024, 08:42:44 »

Social media was the biggest mistake of the modern age.

Humans' greatest talent seems to be creating mayhem, and our greatest mistake seems to be figuring out how to ameliorate it.

Imagine that within 40 years of figuring out how to build an airplane, we had invented an atomic bomb for it to carry ....

- RWN 2024-09008

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #124 on: Fri, 12 July 2024, 17:06:57 »
Biden is done. Get him the hell out of there before it is too late!
Calls Harris, Trump, and Zelenskyy, Putin in the same day? We need a better option now, or evil will prevail.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #125 on: Sat, 13 July 2024, 18:06:15 »
Apparently not.

Clearly, liberals lack the marksmanship skills of Republicans.
- RWN 2024-09008

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #126 on: Sat, 13 July 2024, 20:46:28 »
Welp, things are about to get much much worse. God dammit.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #127 on: Sat, 13 July 2024, 21:34:43 »
This was definitely rigged. If real, it was probably a mor0n repooplican't exercising concealed carry.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #128 on: Sat, 13 July 2024, 21:43:49 »

definitely rigged

I don't know, apparently 2 randos were killed.
Seems like profoundly inept marksmanship to me.
- RWN 2024-09008

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #129 on: Sat, 13 July 2024, 22:21:02 »

definitely rigged

I don't know, apparently 2 randos were killed.
Seems like profoundly inept marksmanship to me.

I don't know about it being staged, but do you really believe Trump gives a **** about anyone else but himself and how he comes out looking in this? Those 2 poor souls are now going to be leveraged for sympathy in a public and disgusting way.

Offline Coreda

« Reply #130 on: Sun, 14 July 2024, 03:39:16 »
Weird thing being commonly discussed is certainly that the secret service hadn't maintained security of the perimeter. Building was in direct line of sight to the podium. Maybe they assessed it earlier but didn't have enough staff to actively control a wider radius? Given the concentration of protection surrounding the immediate podium (including government snipers).

Online Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #131 on: Sun, 14 July 2024, 11:55:42 »
What you all don't realize is up until this point Biden has only been using 5% of his power...

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #132 on: Sun, 14 July 2024, 22:08:54 »
Most american cities are dead as a door knob most of the time these days. It's no wonder they slopped on their check duty.

But overall, nothing's changed, neither president has meaningfully committed to emissions reduction.

Biden wants to genocide more palistinians,  Trump wants to genocide everyone who's not white, and economically genocide everyone but him and his cronies.

So effectively, these old farts will drag us all off the cliff with them.

Keep in mind, electric buildout will INCREASE net emissions in the next 30-50 years,  an amount of time we DO NOT HAVE.

Let's not even get started with how much emissions yet another american caused war generates.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #133 on: Sun, 14 July 2024, 23:22:11 »
This election is Necrons vs Tyranids, whoever wins, everyone else loses

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #134 on: Mon, 15 July 2024, 07:41:31 »

neither president

whoever wins, everyone else loses

The relentless cacophony of   false equivalencies  is simply unbelievable.

The differences are stark, and as wide and as deep as the Grand Canyon.
- RWN 2024-09008

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #135 on: Mon, 15 July 2024, 09:53:45 »
The relentless cacophony of   false equivalencies  is simply unbelievable.

The differences are stark, and as wide and as deep as the Grand Canyon.

TP4 DISAGREEs.

Both presidents are products and slaves to "the system of capitalism." 

Humanity is facing a problem, that capitalism CAN NOT SOLVE.  No matter how you tweak this failure of a system, it will always produce the same outcome.

The product of capitalism is fulfillment to satiety, then beyond that, the vanity cause of super-normal stimulus (experiences), shopaholicism, porn, baconator burgers, marijuana, methamphetamine.

The President, Any President is only possible when he panders to his oligarchal/ plutocratic constituents.  There is no other way by which large human society operates.

WE ARE DOOMED, regardless of who we put in the chair.  Neither presidents has any semblance of dismantling Capitalism, THEREFORE, the conclusion is clear, our future as mankind is sealed.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #136 on: Mon, 15 July 2024, 10:02:40 »
We may be doomed, but would be slightly less doomed with Biden.
🍉

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #137 on: Mon, 15 July 2024, 13:48:33 »
It would be extremely close. Maybe a 5 year slower death at best.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #138 on: Mon, 15 July 2024, 16:05:21 »
I read Hillbilly Elegy a few years ago.

It buggers my imagination that the person who wrote it could have become a Republican in today's America.
- RWN 2024-09008

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #139 on: Mon, 15 July 2024, 17:54:50 »
The product of capitalism is fulfillment to satiety, then beyond that, the vanity cause of super-normal stimulus (experiences), shopaholicism, porn, baconator burgers, marijuana, methamphetamine.
Don't want to sound unnecessarily provocative but what exactly is wrong with those things? :p

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #140 on: Mon, 15 July 2024, 18:14:19 »
Trump is corrupt and evil, but that does not directly impact my every day life.
Biden, on the other hand, I have watched my grocery bill quite literally almost DOUBLE under his reign, my utilities are costing 1.5x more since he was President, my tax return has gone from small to me OWING MONEY which is crazy based on how little I make, and he promised to do away with my college loan debt which never materialized. Those things have basically ruined me and run me into the ground.

So I am to pick between electing evil, or living in poverty? Those are my choices? You tell me.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #141 on: Mon, 15 July 2024, 18:43:34 »

my grocery bill quite literally almost DOUBLE

my utilities are costing 1.5x more

my tax return has gone from small

my college loan debt

The President has precious little to do with any of these things, and, BELIEVE ME! if the Republicans get back into power all those things will get a lot more expensive.

If you have any questions about this election, read about "Project 2025"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_2025
- RWN 2024-09008

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #142 on: Mon, 15 July 2024, 21:17:57 »
Don't want to sound unnecessarily provocative but what exactly is wrong with those things? :p

They represent severe distortions in the human experience which our brains have not evolved to cope with. The resultant compulsion to chase such vanity leads to the infinite pursuit of excess in a wasteful and destructive manner. The totality of mankind behaving this way results in the self annihilating certainty before us.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #143 on: Tue, 16 July 2024, 02:59:52 »

They represent severe distortions in the human experience which our brains have not evolved to cope with. The resultant compulsion to chase such vanity leads to the infinite pursuit of excess in a wasteful and destructive manner. The totality of mankind behaving this way results in the self annihilating certainty before us.

You're self-contradicting now, on one hand you say this is inevitably the result of how humans operate, and on the other, you say it's unnatural and that this is a distortion of how humans operate.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #144 on: Tue, 16 July 2024, 06:58:18 »

You're self-contradicting now

"Self-Contradicting" thy name is TP4.

In my opinion, various forms of hedonism correlate strongly with the rise of civilization when people transcend the point of having to spend the majority of their lives on survival alone.

Some people enjoy the pursuit of intellect and/or spirituality, others seek sensual pleasure - many desire both.

- RWN 2024-09008

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #145 on: Tue, 16 July 2024, 07:27:33 »
You're self-contradicting now, on one hand you say this is inevitably the result of how humans operate, and on the other, you say it's unnatural and that this is a distortion of how humans operate.

The distortion is relative to our natural operating condition limited by prehistoric technology. Our chase of the super normal is a problem as the technology advanced too quickly for our biology to properly adapt. We abuse the technology to fulfill an unnatural quantity / concentration of hedonism in various forms.

The inevitably of our destruction is the result of miring in these addictively destructive behaviors.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #146 on: Tue, 16 July 2024, 07:37:20 »

Some people enjoy the pursuit of intellect and/or spirituality, others seek sensual pleasure - many desire both.

Intellectual inference serves survival. The perception of pleasure is a traditional biochemical marker for meeting milestones of probable continuity.  Once civilization builds enough buffer with its technology, we begin to invest in distortions. When these distortions become our primary industry, as is clearly our present economy, the soils parch and disintegrate. Deserts are the masterworks of every major civilization. It has followed us out of Africa, Middle East , Asia , the Americas.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #147 on: Tue, 16 July 2024, 15:55:26 »

Intellectual inference serves survival.
I'd argue the opposite. It is when society grows happy and indulgent does the mind of the masses drift towards higher intellectual pursuits(necessity being Mother of creation notwithstanding)
When people are at the bottom and struggling, all they think about is ****ing and eating, and getting ahead.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #148 on: Tue, 16 July 2024, 18:26:46 »
Getting back on topic, people are saying that JDV (birth name James Donald Bowman, adoptive next name James David Hamel) is Trump 2.0, the young new version, bringing in the next generation, or whatever.

That is not true. JDV is Project 2025

The reality that the billionaire mega-donors don't want anybody talking about is - the second that Drumpf takes the oath of office he becomes worthless to them, and a colossal nuisance.

They will 25th Amendment his ass so fast that it will make your head spin.

The only people who Drumpf matters to are the people who matter the least.
« Last Edit: Fri, 02 August 2024, 18:01:14 by fohat.digs »
- RWN 2024-09008

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #149 on: Fri, 02 August 2024, 18:01:43 »
- RWN 2024-09008