Author Topic: Cuisinart TOA-70  (Read 984 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Cuisinart TOA-70
« on: Fri, 26 January 2024, 07:33:05 »

After Black Friday, Tp4 was like, wth, why is everyone talking about some stupid toaster oven. Well, it IS just a toaster oven, but the design simplicity makes it great. The layout and functions are fantastic. It's just the right size for quick bake/ air frying/ bread portions. Heat circulation fan works well, it seems like you can get it out the back (not sure yet) for cleaning.

It's got 4 heating elements on top, 2 on bottom. It only lights up 4 at a time, so depending on the function selected, you can pick either 2 top 2 bottom, or 4 top (airfry/broil).

Comes with basket, pan, slide, and grill plate. Overall, it works really well, hype is real. This thing gives you that manual transmission feel, as a toaster oven.

Obviously don't pay $230 for it, goes on sale for as low as $100 on Blackfriday. Used/like new for $130-150.

The cheaper dial version is much better than digital controls (TOA-95). It's also easier to repair when the time comes.

Costco has a double door one that's similar for $130, but it has digital controls.

305771-0

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: Cuisinart TOA-70
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 26 January 2024, 09:42:37 »
I have many pieces of Cuisinart kitchen gear and have generally been quite satisfied with them.

For about a year I have been using an air fryer and I love it, but unfortunately 120V appliances are inherently less energy-efficient than 240V.
The trade-off is probably worth it, in comparison to a full-size standard oven, since the volume that must be heated up is so much smaller with less "wasted space" ....
State Freedom Caucus News 2024
Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

Offline mohawk1367

• Typing on: HHKB Pro Hybrid Type-S
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 26 January 2024, 10:01:45 »
I have many pieces of Cuisinart kitchen gear and have generally been quite satisfied with them.

For about a year I have been using an air fryer and I love it, but unfortunately 120V appliances are inherently less energy-efficient than 240V.
The trade-off is probably worth it, in comparison to a full-size standard oven, since the volume that must be heated up is so much smaller with less "wasted space" ....
This guy owns an air fryer
someone needs to make an aussie keyboard community called QMƎɹ┴⅄. get it? haha :D

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 26 January 2024, 10:34:15 »
For about a year I have been using an air fryer and I love it,
This guy owns an air fryer

Air fryer owners are at least 50% better hughmahns than non-owners.