Author Topic: What do you eat? The thread about things you eat.  (Read 530434 times)

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
Re: What do you eat? The thread about things you eat.
« Reply #2550 on: Fri, 15 January 2021, 06:26:42 »
Promised home made pizza photo:)

259885-0
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline phinix

« Reply #2552 on: Mon, 18 January 2021, 03:31:57 »
Did I mention my wife made a perfect cheesecake? :D

260002-0
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline yui

« Reply #2553 on: Mon, 18 January 2021, 04:14:50 »
made lasagna with home made spinach pasta, tomato sauce, fresh beef from a local butcher, fresh buffalo mozzarella, Parmesan. although i burnt the white sauce, it still is my best yet, sorry i did not think of taking a picture just imagine in your head a green white and red lasagna :) if i think about it i will send one later (and yes TP it was not a vegan one this time as one of the peoples that me be eating some is rather allergic to nuts, and i do not want to kill her)
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #2554 on: Mon, 18 January 2021, 07:14:13 »
made lasagna with home made spinach pasta, tomato sauce, fresh beef from a local butcher, fresh buffalo mozzarella, Parmesan. although i burnt the white sauce, it still is my best yet, sorry i did not think of taking a picture just imagine in your head a green white and red lasagna :) if i think about it i will send one later (and yes TP it was not a vegan one this time as one of the peoples that me be eating some is rather allergic to nuts, and i do not want to kill her)

Kekekekeke. we'll just let natural selection take care of that.. kekekekekekkee.

But honestly, The sudden uprising and proliferation of these odd fatal allergies is likely due to the bio-accumulation of toxins in the mother.  70% of all antibiotics produced is given to farm animals. The reason, is so they can save cost on cleaning the pens. They leave the animals dirty, it's cheaper, then pump them full of antibiotics so they can survive the extremely unhygienic process. They're raise essentially in their own toilet.

You put all that bad mix together, and you end up with pandemics (zoonotic) , and genetic damage.

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #2555 on: Mon, 18 January 2021, 07:50:20 »
I'd say the rise of nut based allergies is due to the removal of nut based ingredients in products - nuts used to be used in nearly everything and you didn't hear of the allergy being that widespread.  Also the rise in chemical byproducts in foods has more than likely accelerated this as well.  Can't see a happy life w/ out my peanuts and almonds (wasabi soy almonds). .

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2556 on: Mon, 18 January 2021, 09:42:02 »
I'd say the rise of nut based allergies is due to the removal of nut based ingredients in products - nuts used to be used in nearly everything and you didn't hear of the allergy being that widespread.  Also the rise in chemical byproducts in foods has more than likely accelerated this as well.  Can't see a happy life w/ out my peanuts and almonds (wasabi soy almonds). .

But the removal of nuts didn't happen until we had the outbreak IN fatal nut allergies.

The primary exposure of humans to extraneous toxins IS from the toxin's bioaccumulation in Meat-Products.

Let's say you spray Poison G on corn. Well ok, it's mainly on the outside, and the root filters out most of what gets in the soil.

But if you then FEED the corn to a cow, the Cow CONCENTRATES Poison G, and the exposure to humans is then roughly 3-6x that of eating the same calories worth of Corn.  And for people who eat organ meat, liver/kidney,  God help them.  /eeeep

/VEGGIES = still safer.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2557 on: Mon, 18 January 2021, 17:19:49 »

I think these days there's a fair amount of people claiming they have allergies that they really don't. Not sure what the reasoning behind it is. Attention? Just an easy way to avoid a food they don't like? Just to follow the current trends? There's no way like 1/5th of the people on the planet have celiac disease. They clearly read some article and said "Hurr durr I get tummy ache sometime I must be gluten intolerant!"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2558 on: Mon, 18 January 2021, 17:25:05 »

I think these days there's a fair amount of people claiming they have allergies that they really don't. Not sure what the reasoning behind it is. Attention? Just an easy way to avoid a food they don't like? Just to follow the current trends? There's no way like 1/5th of the people on the planet have celiac disease. They clearly read some article and said "Hurr durr I get tummy ache sometime I must be gluten intolerant!"

That's the keto movement in a nutshell.   

Offline funkmon

« Reply #2559 on: Mon, 18 January 2021, 22:11:02 »

I think a lot of them genuinely think that they think that they have these issues, because I think the media talks about specific problems that specific people have, and then people start speculating online about possible effects of certain foods.

Offline yui

« Reply #2560 on: Tue, 19 January 2021, 00:59:11 »

Kekekekeke. we'll just let natural selection take care of that.. kekekekekekkee.

she is too pretty for that :) nerdy Ariana Grande kinda :) so i am going to do my best not to kill her

That's the keto movement in a nutshell.   

it is like fake victims (of all kinds), fake allergies dilute the problem and may cause peoples to stop believing when peoples that are actually allergic tell them so
(and nice pun TP)

Online fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2561 on: Tue, 19 January 2021, 08:04:25 »

may cause peoples to stop believing when peoples that are actually allergic tell them so

When my son was diagnosed with celiac disease a decade ago, (note that non-invasive methods are unreliable, the camera down the throat provides the only sure diagnosis) very few people knew or understood what it really meant. For example, they might think that a salad made with croutons with the croutons subsequently picked out of it would be safe.

In public, I quickly started referring to it as a "gluten allergy" because ordinary people were more likely to take an allergy seriously, and understand that even trace amounts of the allergen could be a problem.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2562 on: Thu, 21 January 2021, 18:11:39 »
Made ramen yesterday. Sapporo Ichiban Tonkotsu instant with my own 24hr lemongrass+ginger beef bone broth. Good  :thumb:

Offline iri

« Reply #2563 on: Fri, 22 January 2021, 02:39:43 »
It's very conceptual to combine an instant meal with something that was prepared for 24h!
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline phinix

« Reply #2564 on: Fri, 22 January 2021, 03:26:12 »
Uuuu, nice, Noisy, I like ramen:)

Offline funkmon

« Reply #2565 on: Wed, 27 January 2021, 02:01:34 »
I had store brand macaroni and cheese with store brand SPAM today. I want to die.

Offline yui

« Reply #2566 on: Wed, 27 January 2021, 03:04:05 »
I had store brand macaroni and cheese with store brand SPAM today. I want to die.
just stop at the store brand macaroni, then go and get store brand butter and cube your spam, fry it, add the pasta that you just about cooked, a bit of butter, and if you feel like it a bit of store brand tomato paste and or cheese. and you will have a better meal for maybe even cheaper.
or even better, just buy flour, eggs and butter and make some fresh pastas with a bit of butter on top :) (although it is a lot of work, i think it is worth it)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2567 on: Wed, 27 January 2021, 08:47:08 »

Back in the day, when Tp4 ate corpses in a can,   Tp4 found that the Mexican store brand and Asian store brand ones had much more interesting flavors.   The 'Murica preserved corpses mainly taste of liquid smoke.

Offline peterlewis

• EduHelpHub
« Reply #2568 on: Sat, 30 January 2021, 04:11:37 »
Tasty and unhealthy stuff which will probably give me a heart attack in the future  :p

One word: Bacon  :D

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #2569 on: Sat, 30 January 2021, 14:25:01 »

nothin' fancy.  Half a pack of creamy chicken Maruchan w/hot pepper paste, some pickled jalapenos, bbq seitan, and an egg that was dropped in a minute after the noodles.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2570 on: Sat, 30 January 2021, 14:30:31 »
Show Image

nothin' fancy.  Half a pack of creamy chicken Maruchan w/hot pepper paste, some pickled jalapenos, bbq seitan, and an egg that was dropped in a minute after the noodles.

Seitan = Good

Egg = Cholesterol Bomb = Neuro-degenerative disease.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #2571 on: Sat, 30 January 2021, 14:40:12 »
Show Image

Seitan = Good

Egg = Cholesterol Bomb = Neuro-degenerative disease.

Worth it imo

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2572 on: Sat, 30 January 2021, 17:45:43 »
Show Image

PRAISE CREAMY CHICKEN! If you put just a touch of butter in there it is amazing.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #2573 on: Sat, 30 January 2021, 18:46:34 »
Show Image

PRAISE CREAMY CHICKEN! If you put just a touch of butter in there it is amazing.

true

Online fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2574 on: Sat, 30 January 2021, 20:53:19 »

If you put .... butter in there it is amazing.

True for much of cooking.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2576 on: Sat, 30 January 2021, 21:31:47 »

If you put .... butter in there it is amazing.

True for much of cooking.

Buh... CHOLESTROoooooLLLl

god you're predictable tp  :rolleyes:

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2577 on: Mon, 08 February 2021, 17:00:52 »

I was shocked when I discovered Spam is now more expensive than actual ham! Crazy times indeed.

They are locking it up now like expensive razor heads:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2578 on: Mon, 08 February 2021, 17:27:22 »
I was shocked when I discovered Spam is now more expensive than actual ham! Crazy times indeed.

They are locking it up now like expensive razor heads:
Show Image

Spam is locked up because they're easy to steal and flipped by Drug Addicts. Similar to Tide detergent.

Spam has always been more expensive than Ham, depending on the ham.

Online fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2579 on: Mon, 08 February 2021, 19:44:56 »

more expensive than Ham

At the grocery store the other day, there were actual spiral-sliced hams at ludicrously low prices.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #2580 on: Mon, 08 February 2021, 19:58:33 »
Yea but, no Chorizo Spam on that shelf :(

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2581 on: Mon, 08 February 2021, 20:24:14 »
China recently released OmniPork,   it's Spam (luncheon meat) made with Soy.

Offline ThatCometGuy

« Reply #2582 on: Thu, 11 February 2021, 21:18:56 »
Eating food is nice ngl, but sometimes you just need a little bit of ice just to feel the crack

Offline yui

« Reply #2583 on: Fri, 12 February 2021, 00:46:51 »
China recently released OmniPork,   it's Spam (luncheon meat) made with Soy.
the thing i found is that fake meat taste horrid, while soy that do not try to be meat taste rather good, and when i can find it in my budget i do eat some, the only problem is that at lest where i live soy is about 4 to 5 time more expensive than meat, and i already can't afford meat at every meal... so that may be a problem for peoples that are actually poor.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2584 on: Fri, 12 February 2021, 01:17:52 »
the thing i found is that fake meat taste horrid, while soy that do not try to be meat taste rather good, and when i can find it in my budget i do eat some, the only problem is that at lest where i live soy is about 4 to 5 time more expensive than meat, and i already can't afford meat at every meal... so that may be a problem for peoples that are actually poor.

Beyond Meat burger-pattie and sausages are amazballs though

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2585 on: Fri, 12 February 2021, 01:37:53 »

But they don't taste anything remotely like meat which is supposed to be the point. Not too healthy either apparently.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2586 on: Fri, 12 February 2021, 01:42:51 »

But they don't taste anything remotely like meat which is supposed to be the point. Not too healthy either apparently.

They don't need to taste exactly like meat, just have to be Delicious, which they've accomplished.

Meat, on its own, just kind of stinks.  River caught fish is the worst, catfish without deepfrying is inedible,  Chicken a close second,  even pork and beef has a musk,  we're just used to eating it, and accept the foul odor, but the reason all that seasoning goes into cooking, is mainly to over-ride that animal corpse stank.

As for health, 0% chance of mad-cow, there's no cure for mad-cow, it's a prion disease.

Offline yui

« Reply #2587 on: Fri, 12 February 2021, 02:23:14 »

maybe if i get a promotion i would be able to afford one to try, but given that it was announced to me that i would get one a few months ago, i do not really believe anymore... not that i am doing the new job and my old one since then, and still only paid for the old one, hey at least i have a job, still better than not.

Offline phinix

« Reply #2588 on: Thu, 18 February 2021, 19:27:02 »
Fried toast with eggs and cheese.

262538-0

Offline phinix

« Reply #2590 on: Fri, 19 February 2021, 03:03:33 »
Fried toast with eggs and cheese.

(Attachment Link)

I can feel that in my chest phinix
Show Image

Me too    :-[

Offline phinix

« Reply #2591 on: Fri, 19 February 2021, 03:03:48 »
I'll promise to have something less "cholesteroly" today  :D

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2593 on: Sun, 21 February 2021, 01:02:36 »
Had Fatburger for lunch, their skinny fries are legit. Actually some of the best fast food fries I've ever had.
No soggy, no burn, no skin, perfect salt. It was actually surprising, I stopped and muttered to myself they were 'some damn good fries.'

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2594 on: Sun, 21 February 2021, 06:46:06 »
Had Fatburger for lunch, their skinny fries are legit. Actually some of the best fast food fries I've ever had.
No soggy, no burn, no skin, perfect salt. It was actually surprising, I stopped and muttered to myself they were 'some damn good fries.'

/Acceptable, (fries only),     

Offline funkmon

« Reply #2595 on: Mon, 22 February 2021, 10:11:30 »
I had a long layover in Houston, and I spent $60 on food. Hard Rock Cafe has a location there, and a whataburger. So, I had some HRC food, watched some music videos, sat by Billy Gibbons' guitar, then walked over to the Whataburger and bought a couple of those bad lads. I haven't had either in a long time.

Offline phinix

« Reply #2596 on: Mon, 22 February 2021, 10:57:21 »

Show Image

I did vegetable casserole :)

Before baking...
262792-0

..and after baking (...and adding cheese :D ) 
262794-1

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2597 on: Mon, 22 February 2021, 12:58:13 »

Show Image

Before baking...
(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Tp4 fully supp0artz all dat VG.. 

-brother_phinix-   , cow Chezz = super dangerous.

They iz make Cashew chez, it's delicious and iz safe.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2598 on: Mon, 22 February 2021, 15:13:35 »

Show Image

Before baking...
(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

You'll be poopin' tonight lad!

Offline phinix

« Reply #2599 on: Mon, 01 March 2021, 17:24:09 »

Show Image

Before baking...
(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Tp4 fully supp0artz all dat VG.. 

-brother_phinix-   , cow Chezz = super dangerous.

They iz make Cashew chez, it's delicious and iz safe.

It was amazing, delish...
but nuts cheez? Naaaah.... ;D

Show Image

Before baking...
(Attachment Link)

..and after baking (...and adding cheese :D
(Attachment Link)

You'll be poopin' tonight lad!

Yeah, these veggie combo dinners always work out its way pretty quickly  ;D