Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4209838 times)

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #26350 on: Tue, 26 February 2019, 05:28:29 »
In a way I understand this (bought fairly big stuff at 70% off and shipping was too cheap for tracking anything but a tiny package) but still...

213765-0
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #26351 on: Tue, 26 February 2019, 20:00:36 »

But Pizza Hut used to have all you can eat.  Local pizza shops generally don't.

Wha..... since when .. but realistically, how many pizzas could one possibly eat.

You didn't get whole pizzas as such - they used to just keep making pizzas and bring 3 or 4 out at once to a central table, and you'd go up and grab a couple of slices of each one and each them.  Thing is that you could keep going up, so you weren't limited to just one pizza - you just ate until you were full.

Had a friend who was a struggling student back then, every Tuesday (for Tuesdays were all you can eat days) he used to go to Pizza Hut and stuff himself totally full.  That would last him a few days until he was really hungry again.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #26352 on: Tue, 26 February 2019, 20:07:30 »

You didn't get whole pizzas as such - they used to just keep making pizzas and bring 3 or 4 out at once to a central table, and you'd go up and grab a couple of slices of each one and each them.  Thing is that you could keep going up, so you weren't limited to just one pizza - you just ate until you were full.

Had a friend who was a struggling student back then, every Tuesday (for Tuesdays were all you can eat days) he used to go to Pizza Hut and stuff himself totally full.  That would last him a few days until he was really hungry again.

Did they have ExtraExtraExtra Cheese ?

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #26353 on: Tue, 26 February 2019, 20:12:33 »
The Reader app on my Windows tablet does not start any more. But why? That was the only app I used on it. Disk corruption?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26354 on: Tue, 26 February 2019, 20:17:38 »
The Reader app on my Windows tablet does not start any more. But why? That was the only app I used on it. Disk corruption?

Reformat time. !

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #26355 on: Wed, 27 February 2019, 11:12:48 »

I've seen a few articles about Arch Linux ARM over the past few years.  I've also recently learned that Macbooks might ship with ARM processors in the future (2020).. something something ARM future.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #26356 on: Wed, 27 February 2019, 20:09:04 »

Did they have ExtraExtraExtra Cheese ?

From a US perspective, probably not.

From an Oz perspective, yes!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #26357 on: Thu, 28 February 2019, 21:57:18 »
As a wee lad I wasn't able to beat the final boss in Dragon Warrior.  So I try again eons later.

I just looked up why 65535 is gold max (still have no idea) and found a video of someone that finished the game in under 30min  :confused:

Offline sleepy916

« Reply #26358 on: Thu, 28 February 2019, 22:45:49 »
We had take out from California Pizza Kitchen two days ago, that night my wife and I were sick as a dog. Just now feeling better. We think it was the avocado chicken rolls...thank goodness we didn't give any to our kids.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26359 on: Thu, 28 February 2019, 22:53:22 »
We had take out from California Pizza Kitchen two days ago, that night my wife and I were sick as a dog. Just now feeling better. We think it was the avocado chicken rolls...thank goodness we didn't give any to our kids.

Chicken is by far the most dangerous meat. It's seldom handled properly, and even WHEN handled properly, infection rates are extremely high.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #26360 on: Thu, 28 February 2019, 23:36:11 »
I'm not sure how I feel about avocado and chicken...  Guacamole with corn based chips is my safe space.  RIP Burrito Brothers

Offline Starius

« Reply #26361 on: Fri, 01 March 2019, 06:12:54 »
As a wee lad I wasn't able to beat the final boss in Dragon Warrior.  So I try again eons later.

I just looked up why 65535 is gold max (still have no idea) and found a video of someone that finished the game in under 30min  :confused:

I remember getting that game with my subscription to Nintendo Power magazine. 
I'm pretty sure I never finished it.  Wish I had now! 

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #26362 on: Fri, 01 March 2019, 06:26:38 »

I remember getting that game with my subscription to Nintendo Power magazine. 
I'm pretty sure I never finished it.  Wish I had now!

I frequented the final boss probably way too soon.  Then I traded all my NES gear for SNES gear.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26363 on: Fri, 01 March 2019, 08:53:15 »

I frequented the final boss probably way too soon.  Then I traded all my NES gear for SNES gear.

Next is,   Lufia 2..   No strategy guide allowed on the Puzzles..

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #26364 on: Fri, 01 March 2019, 10:06:32 »

I've seen a few articles about Arch Linux ARM over the past few years.  I've also recently learned that Macbooks might ship with ARM processors in the future (2020).. something something ARM future.
It's an x86 tablet. Other touch-based apps have also stopped working...

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #26365 on: Fri, 01 March 2019, 10:10:53 »
Chicken is by far the most dangerous meat.
It is because farmers and authorities allow farm animals to get infected with serious diseases in the first place.
If a farm is rampant with Salmonella or MRSA, it should be handled like if it had been Bird Flu or Mad Cow Disease IMHO.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #26366 on: Fri, 01 March 2019, 10:13:55 »

Yea maybe.  SNES.. Although, if one wants to play the entire Dragon Warrior/Dragon Quest series there is no time for any other RPGs..

Unless you're an rng exploit monster man that can complete each game in an hour or less.  :(

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26367 on: Fri, 01 March 2019, 10:58:57 »

Yea maybe.  SNES.. Although, if one wants to play the entire Dragon Warrior/Dragon Quest series there is no time for any other RPGs..

Unless you're an rng exploit monster man that can complete each game in an hour or less.  :(

Also, Breath of Fire.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #26368 on: Fri, 01 March 2019, 21:55:23 »

Gold is probably stored in a 16 bit integer in memory.  Max that out in binary is 1111111111111111 = 65535.

Or FFFF in hex.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #26369 on: Fri, 01 March 2019, 22:08:50 »

Gold is probably stored in a 16 bit integer in memory.  Max that out in binary is 1111111111111111 = 65535.

Or FFFF in hex.

Ahhh, now it's beginning to make sense.  I was expecting a number like 99999.  65535 seemed a bit unusual.  Thanks for clearing that up.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #26370 on: Sun, 03 March 2019, 19:34:47 »
Sketchy people.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #26371 on: Sun, 03 March 2019, 19:41:55 »

Sketchy people.

Do you mean sketches of people?

"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #26372 on: Sun, 03 March 2019, 19:50:50 »

Sketchy people.

Do you mean sketches of people?
Haha no I'm very much a fan of people sketches, my youngest is always drawing sketches.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #26373 on: Sun, 03 March 2019, 20:04:35 »
Sketchy people.

Sketchy people like the folks that deploy Monero mining botnets?  Sketchy people like your average package thief?  Zuckerberg?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26374 on: Sun, 03 March 2019, 20:07:10 »
Sketchy people.

Sketchy people like the folks that deploy Monero mining botnets?  Sketchy people like your average package thief?  Zuckerberg?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #26375 on: Sun, 03 March 2019, 20:08:53 »
Sketchy people.

People that don't eat fried chicken.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #26376 on: Sun, 03 March 2019, 20:09:59 »
Sketchy people.

People that don't eat fried chicken.

lol

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #26377 on: Mon, 04 March 2019, 18:16:08 »
im so out of the ****ing loop of keyboards man.

i'm finding it increasingly harder and harder to keep up with the hobby :( can someone be my personal news feed and dm me **** i care about
I love Elzy

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #26378 on: Mon, 04 March 2019, 19:14:52 »
can someone be my personal news feed and dm me **** i care about
I started subscribing to this Youtube channel to keep up with what the kids are talking about ...
I don't even bother watching the videos, I just check the description.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #26379 on: Tue, 05 March 2019, 17:07:55 »
Pedaled my ass off into a rain filled headwind only to arrive at the train station 2 minutes late for the train which was apparently on time for a change. Over an hour 'til the next train and that's the good option.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #26380 on: Tue, 05 March 2019, 17:10:09 »
Pedaled my ass off into a rain filled headwind only to arrive at the train station 2 minutes late for the train which was apparently on time for a change. Over an hour 'til the next train and that's the good option.

At least there is another train. I lived in a country town that had one train out and one train in each day (excluding weekends). Miss that sucker and its a long cold night in trashcan.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #26381 on: Tue, 05 March 2019, 17:51:52 »

At least there is another train. I lived in a country town that had one train out and one train in each day (excluding weekends). Miss that sucker and its a long cold night in trashcan.
Ouch! I wouldn't risk using that... Seems there's only one route that stops at this station and home is at one end.

Have go hope they aren't anal about tickets too - I had a day return and the next train is at 2 minutes past midnight.

I want my bed...
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26382 on: Tue, 05 March 2019, 18:33:19 »

Ouch! I wouldn't risk using that... Seems there's only one route that stops at this station and home is at one end.

Have go hope they aren't anal about tickets too - I had a day return and the next train is at 2 minutes past midnight.

I want my bed...

Offline iri

« Reply #26383 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 17:27:57 »

There are cold nights in Australia?
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26384 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 17:30:52 »

I see so the stress of non-transport causes fanpeople to frequent the night-establisments.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #26385 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 17:32:40 »

3 dog nights.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #26386 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 17:40:52 »

Probably not as nearly as cold as some of them European nights but compared to other parts of Australia, it is a cold place.

Water outside would gain a layer of ice during winter, it was common for it to dip below 0 Degrees Celsius

Just an all round ****hole

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26387 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 18:23:52 »

Probably not as nearly as cold as some of them European nights but compared to other parts of Australia, it is a cold place.

Water outside would gain a layer of ice during winter, it was common for it to dip below 0 Degrees Celsius

But the females = skinny.. so that's good.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #26388 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 18:41:54 »

3 dog nights.

I have not heard that one for a while.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #26389 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 18:42:56 »

But the females = skinny.. so that's good.

maybe 30 years ago.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #26391 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 19:12:09 »

maybe 30 years ago.

Really ?  dream's over n gone ?

Pretty much. Times they are a changing.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #26393 on: Wed, 06 March 2019, 19:30:00 »

Pretty much. Times they are a changing.

Where nxt,  Czech , Bulgaria ?

I guess any European state maybe.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #26394 on: Fri, 08 March 2019, 11:04:53 »
Doggo had to get her uterus removed it was infected. :/

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #26395 on: Fri, 08 March 2019, 13:58:16 »

That sounds painful

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #26396 on: Fri, 08 March 2019, 14:05:01 »

That sounds painful
We caught it early, but it could have been eventually.
Now I gotta wait to hear what the insurance says.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26397 on: Fri, 08 March 2019, 15:49:25 »

That sounds painful
We caught it early, but it could have been eventually.
Now I gotta wait to hear what the insurance says.

Give Doge extra hugs from Tp

Offline appaboy

« Reply #26398 on: Fri, 08 March 2019, 15:52:10 »
something that's bothering me is how more and more designers in this hobby are phasing out ISO slowly
PC Singa, MIR80, TX84se, g80-3314, g80-0427, g80-5000 + 5700, G80-3700, g81-3000 HBU (og wob)

HASRO keycaps
OG POM keycaps
SAI OG Italian dyesubs
Scarface Fn blank

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26399 on: Fri, 08 March 2019, 15:56:07 »
something that's bothering me is how more and more designers in this hobby are phasing out ISO slowly

It's a dress-up industry, these things go in and out of style.

Eventually it will come around.

High heels are uncomfortable/ difficult to walk in/ causes foot deformity.   We figured that out 200 yrs ago, But now they've come back, and are ubiquitous.

comes and goes.

-humans have a short memory, and they die fast- , -that's why we have so many repeat lessons as a species- , war, imperialism, nationalism, famine, drugs, all due to people (as a species) forgetting what happened the last time around,   We wrote all this stuff down, but not everyone can read all the books at every generation, so there are lapses in (good) judgement.   it's similar to volatile ram.