Author Topic: Made meme to show the highlight of my day.  (Read 10374 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: Made meme to show the highlight of my day.
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 17:24:14 »
Meme's? This isn't reddit, son.

Inability to spell? This isn't facebook, child.

Conflation of punctuation convention with spelling error?  This isn't Internet, slugger.

Oh wait, yes it is.  Carry on.

Moderators getting butthurt and following members to snipe at them. I actually can't think of anywhere except the righteous domain of hashbaz where that happens.

Kids thinking they're so important that people are following them?  This isn't reddit, toddler.

Having a mod who can't be impartial is a problem in and of itself. Cut the high-handed approach, and don't post anything if you're just going to involve yourself in some spat because you want to support an old member.

Mods are people too - they have their own opinions.

They have a job.. they are suppose to be impartial with respect to forum information, and follow rules..

That's why they make a difference between military and civilian..

This is such a difference.. 

We are an informal society @ GH and so, we have a loose system.. but idealy... haszbaz should stay out of disputes because whatever his opinion, the act of him posting is corrupted by the fact that he can remove posts..

Several times in the past when mods cross swords with the Great Tp4, they simply began deleting my posts because I'm always right.

Offline dragonxx21

« Reply #51 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 17:48:05 »
Damn they are good at basketball...
Keyboards Owned:

Realforce Topre 91 Key JIS Profile - Main
CM Quickfire Rapid Blue Switches
IBM Model M in Industrial Shell

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #52 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 18:13:57 »
Well, I think you guys are missing the point.  Those Mormon chicks are hot.  Plus you can marry them when they turn 14.
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #53 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 18:26:39 »
Back on topic:

this is some white man can't jump hustling ****

Meme's? This isn't reddit, son.

Inability to spell? This isn't facebook, child.

Conflation of punctuation convention with spelling error?  This isn't Internet, slugger.

Oh wait, yes it is.  Carry on.

Moderators getting butthurt and following members to snipe at them. I actually can't think of anywhere except the righteous domain of hashbaz where that happens.

Kids thinking they're so important that people are following them?  This isn't reddit, toddler.

Having a mod who can't be impartial is a problem in and of itself. Cut the high-handed approach, and don't post anything if you're just going to involve yourself in some spat because you want to support an old member.

you cry a lot. this isn't as serious as you're making it out to be.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #54 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 18:48:23 »
Back on topic, left the house for the first time in a week+ as I needed some shampoo.

Cute girl smiles
Tym smiles
Girl says hi
Tym opens mouth, starts to puke, closes mouth
Tym runs outside, pukes in push, runs home

Not a good day :,(

I do feel alot better though, might try again tomorrow
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #55 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 19:00:37 »
Back on topic, left the house for the first time in a week+ as I needed some shampoo.

Cute girl smiles
Tym smiles
Girl says hi
Tym opens mouth, starts to puke, closes mouth
Tym runs outside, pukes in push, runs home

Not a good day :,(

I do feel alot better though, might try again tomorrow

For real?  Damn!  Hope you feel better soon :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #56 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 19:06:10 »
Yeah :( might just buy me one of those Russan Brides... where's iri when you need him?
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
« Reply #57 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 20:44:21 »
They have a job.. they are suppose to be impartial with respect to forum information, and follow rules..

We are an informal society @ GH and so, we have a loose system.. but idealy... haszbaz should stay out of disputes because whatever his opinion, the act of him posting is corrupted by the fact that he can remove posts..

Several times in the past when mods cross swords with the Great Tp4, they simply began deleting my posts because I'm always right.

Show Image

they do have a job. it is not geekhack. they volunteer to babysit the trolls on this site. they do not get paid to do it.
and your not always right....

I am so sick of your mother****ing catfaces

+1

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #58 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 20:46:00 »

Show Image

they do have a job. it is not geekhack. they volunteer to babysit the trolls on this site. they do not get paid to do it.
and your not always right....

I am so sick of your mother****ing catfaces

+1

99.9999999999999999999 % of the time.. I am right...

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #59 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 20:51:07 »
it's sad that that .0000000000001% you're wrong it's always when you're on GH

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #60 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 20:52:35 »
how many temp bans = a permanent ban?

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #61 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 21:03:33 »
At this point?  infinite.

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #62 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 21:19:27 »
Mods are people too - they have their own opinions.

They do, but if they want to share their opinions rather than moderate, they are members rather than moderators, yes? I'm totally fine with hashbaz replying with snarky remarks to my posts, so long as it's not as a moderator and just as a member.
Quickfire TK MX Blue Corsair K60 MX Red Ducky Shine 3 Yellow TKL MX Blue Leopold FC660C
Current best: 162 wpm.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #63 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 21:21:36 »
So you're saying once someone voluntarily becomes a moderator, they can no longer participate in the community in a member-like fashion?  They can only stamp out rules at people?  Where is that written?  Seems like that's only your opinion.  And everyone is welcome to their own.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #64 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 21:24:42 »
we are way off topic... in off topic.

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #65 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 21:31:01 »
So you're saying once someone voluntarily becomes a moderator, they can no longer participate in the community in a member-like fashion?  They can only stamp out rules at people?  Where is that written?  Seems like that's only your opinion.  And everyone is welcome to their own.

If they were so indeed, it would be partial to not single me out for the opinion that you don't share. You don't know anyone else's opinion on the matter. Simply put, it seems childish to me that someone acting like a judge would stoop to making snarky posts at members. Warn me, fine, but putting it in public forum dirties his reputation as someone who would descend to that level and makes me look bad for having to defend myself against it.
Quickfire TK MX Blue Corsair K60 MX Red Ducky Shine 3 Yellow TKL MX Blue Leopold FC660C

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #66 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 21:32:17 »
hash, how will you look your family in their eyes with your bad moderator reputation? think of the children next time you pick on super srs linkbane.

lighten the ****  up

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #67 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 21:48:08 »
hash, how will you look your family in their eyes with your bad moderator reputation? think of the children next time you pick on super srs linkbane.

lighten the ****  up

demik pls

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #68 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 21:50:42 »
demik pls what?

all you do here is spew false info (well, not all, but you've come off as a "know it all" that knows little) and take everything way too serious. aren't you still a teenager? you're way too young to be so damn serious. lighten up. it's the internet. if your jimmies are being rustled so much by a screen name then i think it's time to move on. it's the internet. chill.

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #69 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 21:57:27 »
demik pls what?

all you do here is spew false info (well, not all, but you've come off as a "know it all" that knows little) and take everything way too serious. aren't you still a teenager? you're way too young to be so damn serious. lighten up. it's the internet. if your jimmies are being rustled so much by a screen name then i think it's time to move on. it's the internet. chill.

All I see from you is posting in threads being an ass to other people. I don't take your opinion seriously because you can't act like anyone is equal to you. If you wouldn't post stupid trash like your old profile, which I get was joking, it was still arrogant as all hell. I'm a serious person in general, and I don't care to change that. You, on the other hand, act like a serious jerk, and then whenever anybody puts you in your place, come back with nothing but arrogance.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #70 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 22:01:10 »
demik pls what?

ahh.. wouldn't you then also be too damn old to be picking a fight and being so serious with the  "alleged" teenager?

So, you preach one thing, but pursue another... different standards all around..

At least I treat everyone crummy equally..

Hypocrite-Hack.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #71 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 22:02:16 »
demik pls what?

ahh.. wouldn't you be too damn old to be picking a fight and being so serious on an "alleged" teenager?

So, you preach one thing, but pursue another...

Hypocrite-Hack.
Show Image

whoa.

mind = blown. i guess you ARE always right.

alright linkbane, you've convinced me that super srs is the only way to be. no more jerk demik (ouch :()

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #72 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 22:03:40 »
demik pls what?

ahh.. wouldn't you be too damn old to be picking a fight and being so serious on an "alleged" teenager?

So, you preach one thing, but pursue another...

Hypocrite-Hack.
Show Image

whoa.

mind = blown. i guess you ARE always right.

I'm not judgin''... Just saying... most of you are too damn serious... This is the internet.. You only need to be serious when you buy and sell, everything else.. relax

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #73 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 22:04:51 »
I'm sorry tp4tissue. It's time to be serious for 2014. It's the only way to live life. Now if you would be stop harassing me and think about your reputation that would be wonderful.

- demik

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #74 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 22:09:51 »
Guys I found out what is happening here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #75 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 22:10:33 »
I will be serious.  Tp4 would you rather we have no interaction with manufacturers? I think what you ppsted in the cmstorm tkl reveal thread was rude even by your standards. They don't have to post here before ces. Look at razer as a example. We get zero input. At least ducky and cmstorm listen to us.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #76 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 22:11:39 »
tp4's reputation is untouchable.  He is like a ninja, balancing on his Ergo-Dox, ready for verbal battle in a blink of an eye (yours, he doesn't blink--must always be ready!)

[too much serious in this thread about highlights of someone's day.  Albeit it was a pretty serious highlight too.  I blame bus stops.]

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #77 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 22:12:39 »
tp4's reputation is untouchable.  He is like a ninja, balancing on his Ergo-Dox, ready for verbal battle in a blink of an eye (yours, he doesn't blink--must always be ready!)

[too much serious in this thread about highlights of someone's day.  Albeit it was a pretty serious highlight too.  I blame bus stops.]

i hate bus stops. had one all through middle school and high school. and the one time i took public transport i got shot at waiting for the bus.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #78 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 22:29:20 »

i hate bus stops. had one all through middle school and high school. and the one time i took public transport i got shot at waiting for the bus.

Now that sounds serious.

Offline dragonxx21

« Reply #79 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 23:12:20 »

That's not because of public transport... That's because you're black.
Keyboards Owned:

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #80 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 23:12:51 »

demik is Vietnamese

Offline dragonxx21

« Reply #81 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 23:15:26 »

demik is Vietnamese

Your point?
Keyboards Owned:

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #82 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 23:16:17 »
not black
only Vietnamese online
next?

Offline dragonxx21

« Reply #83 on: Mon, 16 December 2013, 23:18:13 »
not black
only Vietnamese online
next?
Aboriginal with a hint of Dutch, and a third of Japanese.
Keyboards Owned:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #85 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 00:01:39 »
I'm sorry tp4tissue. It's time to be serious for 2014. It's the only way to live life. Now if you would be stop harassing me and think about your reputation that would be wonderful.

- demik

Reputation..... Demik, are you dieing to go back to highschool?

What exactly would reputation do for me.. especially on the internet, especially on a computer-forum with exactly 5 confirmed females..

And honestly, u wanna talk about reputation.. Mine is Impeccably objective, I tell everyone exactly what's what, topre is hype, egdx is functional, and fanbois are out to protect their ego..

I collect and filter out all emotions, and lay out facts..

I am only a few step away from ROBOTIC.. soon......

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #86 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 00:40:18 »
They do, but if they want to share their opinions rather than moderate, they are members rather than moderators, yes? I'm totally fine with hashbaz replying with snarky remarks to my posts, so long as it's not as a moderator and just as a member.

If being a moderator means I can't speak my mind, then I have no interest in being a moderator.  This forum has always been a loose and causal place, and I'd like to keep it that way.  You're imposing a standard that the forum hasn't chosen for itself.

P.S. I was not attacking you or singling you out with my first response to your post.  I was continuing a running joke.  I repeat -- you are unable to take what you dish out.

Simply put, it seems childish to me that someone acting like a judge would stoop to making snarky posts at members. Warn me, fine, but putting it in public forum dirties his reputation as someone who would descend to that level and makes me look bad for having to defend myself against it.

It seems like good fun to me, and exactly the kind of interaction I relish on an online forum.  You make it sound like it's a great crime to rib someone.  You're gonna have a bad time on the internet if your jimmies rustle that easily.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #87 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 00:45:05 »

If being a moderator means I can't speak my mind, then I have no interest in being a moderator.  This forum has always been a loose and causal place, and I'd like to keep it that way.  You're imposing a standard that the forum hasn't chosen for itself.

P.S. I was not attacking you or singling you out with my first response to your post.  I was continuing a running joke.  I repeat -- you are unable to take what you dish out.

Simply put, it seems childish to me that someone acting like a judge would stoop to making snarky posts at members. Warn me, fine, but putting it in public forum dirties his reputation as someone who would descend to that level and makes me look bad for having to defend myself against it.

It seems like good fun to me, and exactly the kind of interaction I relish on an online forum.  You make it sound like it's a great crime to rib someone.  You're gonna have a bad time on the internet if your jimmies rustle that easily.

Too Serious...

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #88 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 00:46:58 »

Whatever you might call ribbing starts to piss me off when every response of you to me is 'ribbing'. I just think you're an ass, and I'd prefer if you would communicate with me solely through PM or not at all.
You singled me out, as you do in every thread in which we both post. I like how you added on an insult at the end, because you are unable to be a mature person and communicate in a way that doesn't involve talking trash about others.

I mean, I see how it is. If your idea of relished interaction is being an ******* to other members, you may continue trolling in your worthless manner and I will not waste my time replying to your posts.

ALSO: Would like to see what happens when a moderator reviews his own post.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #89 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 00:49:57 »
Whatever you might call ribbing starts to piss me off when every response of you to me is 'ribbing'. I just think you're an ass, and I'd prefer if you would communicate with me solely through PM or not at all.
You singled me out, as you do in every thread in which we both post. I like how you added on an insult at the end, because you are unable to be a mature person and communicate in a way that doesn't involve talking trash about others.

I mean, I see how it is. If your idea of relished interaction is being an ******* to other members, you may continue trolling in your worthless manner and I will not waste my time replying to your posts.

Too Serious...

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #90 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 00:50:07 »

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #91 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 00:52:04 »

You're right though, of course.  This thread is now entirely derailed.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #92 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 00:55:12 »
Jesus needs to save this thread. OP send the born again this way next time you see her!

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #93 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 01:06:06 »

I think you need to sleep on this and come back later...  Looks to me like you're just digging your own hole but perhaps too tired to realize it.

Offline iri

« Reply #94 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 01:38:23 »
Yeah :( might just buy me one of those Russan Brides...
you think they are puke-resistant?

and why were you drinking inside? it is much more fun to go out.
wait... you only have highlander cows "out"... now i understand!
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #95 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 01:53:07 »

I think you need to sleep on this and come back later...  Looks to me like you're just digging your own hole but perhaps too tired to realize it.

LOL,, when did Photo become ref' 

I am woefully unqualified to tell people to stop arguing...

But fact is fact here, hasbaz has to be more responsible and not battle, because he has mod access, and he can cheat..

That's not being a good mod... 

Offline dragonxx21

« Reply #96 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 01:59:07 »
Yeah, enough is enough guys. I'm going to lock this thread for the greater good. And because I have seen the light and accepted God as my one true savior.
Keyboards Owned: