Author Topic: Post Your Wallet  (Read 8809 times)

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
Post Your Wallet
« on: Thu, 15 January 2015, 14:35:03 »
I don't want this to be a thread about wallet hack but more about cool wallets. Recently I've been getting into minimal wallets and just cool wallets in general. Anyone else like cool wallets? Lets see whatcha got!

I'm currently using a Gunmetal Ti Ridge Wallet. I love it so far, it's really light and fully loaded it's way smaller than my old leather wallet. I have access to a laser at my school so I may attempt custom acrylic side plates.

87478-0
87480-1
87482-2
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: Post Your Wallet
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 15 January 2015, 14:43:10 »

I think there was a thread like this before or maybe we just posted a bunch of wallet pics in some random thread but it's all good.

Here is my current one, its a big skinny RFID lined Black Leather Curve from their recent kickstarter, I was in the early bird group and this was delivered just before Christmas.

87486-1

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 15 January 2015, 14:43:43 »
The Girl bought me this wallet from a local leather-worker/wallet-maker.  I can't remember if it is a printed image on there or a tattooed image.  It is exactly everything I need.  Good leather, bifold, unholy tentacled monstrosity on the front, "Bad Mother ****er" cut into the inner surface.  She knows me well.

edit: url fix

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 15 January 2015, 14:50:08 »
Before GeekHack

After GeekHack WalletHack
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 15 January 2015, 15:01:36 »

:))
don't come to my funeral, there wont be one

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 15 January 2015, 15:02:49 »

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 15 January 2015, 15:03:33 »
I don't want this to be a thread about wallet hack but more about cool wallets. Recently I've been getting into minimal wallets and just cool wallets in general. Anyone else like cool wallets? Lets see whatcha got!

I'm currently using a Gunmetal Ti Ridge Wallet. I love it so far, it's really light and fully loaded it's way smaller than my old leather wallet. I have access to a laser at my school so I may attempt custom acrylic side plates.

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Not gonna lie.... I totally thought it was an SSD :P

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 15 January 2015, 15:04:08 »

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 15 January 2015, 15:04:10 »

Dammit Tapatalk, y u crappify my picture?

Show Image

Show Image

Lol... gotta love Always Sunny...
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 January 2015, 15:07:24 by Computer-Lab in Basement »
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 15 January 2015, 15:11:18 »
Show Image

Dammit Tapatalk, y u crappify my picture?

Show Image

Show Image

Lol... gotta love Always Sunny...

lol my photoshop came out to good, now i look like an ******* haha
don't come to my funeral, there wont be one

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 15 January 2015, 15:12:19 »

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Not gonna lie.... I totally thought it was an SSD :P

:)) I can see the resemblance.

87491-0
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 15 January 2015, 15:14:52 »
I don't want this to be a thread about wallet hack

Here is mine:

I bought it in Iceland about three years ago. It has two windows on either side for my two most frequently used cards, and one of them uses contactless technology so I don't even have to take it out of my wallet to use it.

I think I have about 12 cards in there, and a card multi tool as well. And it's only about 3"H x 2"W x 1"D
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 15 January 2015, 15:27:54 »
i wonder how it would feel to have a Ridge Wallet in the back pocket....my current leather wallet's bulky but i don't like having stuff in my front pockets when im walking around.  I keep my wallet in my rear right, and my cellphone in my rear left.

And that titanium version is as expensive as my Coach leather wallet lol.

Offline dimmu

« Reply #13 on: Thu, 15 January 2015, 15:29:26 »

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 15 January 2015, 15:34:48 »
i wonder how it would feel to have a Ridge Wallet in the back pocket....my current leather wallet's bulky but i don't like having stuff in my front pockets when im walking around.  I keep my wallet in my rear right, and my cellphone in my rear left.

At the start of the day the metal feels cool in my back pocket but that only lasts about a minute before it heats up. I was used to a bulky wallet so I barely even notice the Ridge. With a leather wallet every once in a while it would stick to my pocket and wedge in at a weird angle but I've never had that happen with the Ridge, the Ti slides into my pocket really easily.

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 15 January 2015, 15:38:15 »

At the start of the day the metal feels cool in my back pocket but that only lasts about a minute before it heats up. I was used to a bulky wallet so I barely even notice the Ridge. With a leather wallet every once in a while it would stick to my pocket and wedge in at a weird angle but I've never had that happen with the Ridge, the Ti slides into my pocket really easily.

i just wonder if i'd accidentally sit on it at the wrong angle and dent/bend it lol.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 15 January 2015, 15:46:48 »

i just wonder if i'd accidentally sit on it at the wrong angle and dent/bend it lol.

It's a Ti plate thats really stiff backed by an aluminum plate that holds the elastic closure and is smooth on the inside so cards are easy to slide in and out. I think you'd have to try really hard to bend the wallet and it'd require a press of some sort.

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 15 January 2015, 15:58:44 »

It's a Ti plate thats really stiff backed by an aluminum plate that holds the elastic closure and is smooth on the inside so cards are easy to slide in and out. I think you'd have to try really hard to bend the wallet and it'd require a press of some sort.

well i was gonna buy the Aluminum one and not the TI one since i didn't know how i'd like it lol.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #18 on: Thu, 15 January 2015, 16:07:39 »

well i was gonna buy the Aluminum one and not the TI one since i didn't know how i'd like it lol.

You should it's a great product, I was talking to ridge on facebook and the guy I talked to said that in the future they plan to sell just the outer plate so you can change the material or color if you want to.

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #19 on: Thu, 15 January 2015, 16:22:44 »

This is my real wallet, got it a few years back for Christmas, still holding up well, but I think I'll replace it soon.
http://www.amazon.com/Alpine-Swiss-Leather-Bifold-Removable/dp/B004M6XUI2/ref=sr_1_5?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1421360538&sr=1-5&keywords=wallet
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #20 on: Thu, 15 January 2015, 16:46:43 »
I never put anything in my back pockets anymore. Used to put keys in there, but never phone or wallet. I don't trust people not to steal them.

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 15 January 2015, 16:52:12 »
I never put anything in my back pockets anymore. Used to put keys in there, but never phone or wallet. I don't trust people not to steal them.
I'm always paranoid about being pick pocketed too, most of my pants thankfully have a button back there to help ease my paranoia.
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 15 January 2015, 19:12:27 »
stock photo:

Love these things (I have 5)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #23 on: Thu, 15 January 2015, 20:11:44 »
dont know how you guys can put anything in your back pockets. especially if you plan on sitting down.

anyway, here's mine. bellroy "very small" wallet

keep around 7 cards, 2 business cards, dollar in change and about four 5 dollar bills. ridiculously compact, sometimes i forget i have it on me. easily best wallet i've ever bought.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 15 January 2015, 20:26:03 »
Been using this one for a while now.  Comfy and carries everything I need.  Couple of cards, license, a bill or two.

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 15 January 2015, 20:42:20 »
 I have a Mighty Wallet, I have had it for about 8 months now and it has held up pretty well.

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26 on: Fri, 16 January 2015, 00:52:28 »
I also like a minimalist wallet but it's really difficult to do in Japan because they still heavily use cash everywhere and also have very VERY poor support for digital payment methods (like, not even debit)

I haven't paid the bills yet =P (yes we use cash to pay bills, wish i was drug dealer XD)

It's weird, every wallet i've owned magically somehow has a sticker stick to it, i've just always left them on. My old wallet actually had a sticker on it that i found out was actually on backwards for months (adhesive facing out) i flipped it over and it stayed on, was still there when i threw it out (i think i did anyways)

I originally got this wallet on kickstarter because it was supposed to support half folded cash but that didn't really work out, not that it mattered because CAD and JPY are both wider.

Here's a link for anyone interested http://mostrad.co/
« Last Edit: Fri, 16 January 2015, 00:56:40 by Evo_Spec »
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #27 on: Sun, 18 January 2015, 13:08:00 »
??

What's wrong with you people.. 

I just tape my credit card to my drivers license like a flip book.. _on the side.

DONE !

You may ask,  Hai TP, what if you need cash..

---That hasn't happened since K-12 when I had to buy lunch @ the school caf.

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #28 on: Sun, 18 January 2015, 14:02:54 »
87763-0

I'm gonna look around for a new wallet since now I feel mine is bulky  :'(

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #29 on: Sun, 18 January 2015, 14:23:01 »
(Attachment Link)

Minimal is the way to go! Especially if you hate carrying cash which I do.

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #30 on: Sun, 18 January 2015, 14:36:15 »

(Attachment Link)

Minimal is the way to go! Especially if you hate carrying cash which I do.

I usually have a few bills, but I have more than usual + gift cards. Once I get it cleared up, I should be ready for an upgrade

Need to look into something metal. Love how cold they get

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #31 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 08:39:57 »
Gonna bump up this thread as I bought a new wallet today. A Secrid Cardslide.

iPhone 5 for scale

It's an RFID-safe wallet, with a little mechanism on the bottom to push the cards out.

The version I got also has a small plastic tray attached via elastic to the underside for coins, cash or other cards, but you can also just take out the metal card holder part, and then it's no thicker than a smartphone.

It's pretty awesome, although it's so light that it doesn't really feel like you have anything in there at all.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #32 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 16:39:38 »
Gonna bump up this thread as I bought a new wallet today. A Secrid Cardslide.

iPhone 5 for scale

Show Image

It's an RFID-safe wallet, with a little mechanism on the bottom to push the cards out.

Show Image

The version I got also has a small plastic tray attached via elastic to the underside for coins, cash or other cards, but you can also just take out the metal card holder part, and then it's no thicker than a smartphone.

Show Image

It's pretty awesome, although it's so light that it doesn't really feel like you have anything in there at all.

Last pilot had one of these at keycon and I spent so long just pressing the thing to make the cards come out.  :))

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #33 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 16:41:22 »
They are very cool. And apparently you can clean out the mechanism with warm water, so that's useful I guess.
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 June 2015, 19:11:54 by katushkin »

Offline colomb

« Reply #34 on: Wed, 24 June 2015, 08:28:52 »
In my search for a simple slim wallet I have settled on the Makr One Wallet. I've had it for 7 years ( had to look that up. holy **** ). Stitching started coming undone a couple years ago and they fixed it for free.

104129-0

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #35 on: Wed, 24 June 2015, 09:24:08 »
My wallet dates from about 1995 and is probably older than some of you. I have stitched the edge seams a couple of times.

I would replace it if I could find the same thing, but there is always something not quite right about new ones.

With teenage kids it always seems to be in a state of "fish-mouth"
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #36 on: Wed, 24 June 2015, 10:13:24 »
In my search for a simple slim wallet I have settled on the Makr One Wallet. I've had it for 7 years ( had to look that up. holy **** ). Stitching started coming undone a couple years ago and they fixed it for free.

(Attachment Link)
That looks sick!

Also fohat your wallet is older than I am. :))

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #37 on: Wed, 24 June 2015, 10:16:41 »

(Attachment Link)
That looks sick!

Lil baby JQ, you want a candy?

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #38 on: Wed, 24 June 2015, 11:00:07 »

(Attachment Link)
That looks sick!

Yeah! Can I get extra if I help find your lost puppy?

Offline retrochick

• goodbye my wallet
« Reply #39 on: Wed, 24 June 2015, 11:16:21 »
I love mine. Super simple and horween leather no less!

Cherry is love. Topre is life. ~raymogi

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #40 on: Wed, 24 June 2015, 11:19:11 »

(Attachment Link)
That looks sick!

Yeah! Can I get extra if I help find your lost puppy?

You can have the puppy! His name is Buddy.

Offline Dext

« Reply #41 on: Thu, 25 June 2015, 13:24:47 »
A beautiful girl is lying on my keyboard <3
104210-0

104212-1

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #42 on: Thu, 25 June 2015, 13:29:30 »
Uh...

Would a fedora happen to be your choice of headwear?

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #43 on: Thu, 25 June 2015, 13:52:24 »
Uh...

This seems like an accurate assumption.

Offline Dext

« Reply #44 on: Thu, 25 June 2015, 14:57:32 »
Uh...

Mmmmh no, not really

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #45 on: Thu, 25 June 2015, 17:00:08 »
Trilby?

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #46 on: Thu, 25 June 2015, 22:01:07 »
Uh...

I bought out all the fedoras in California
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #47 on: Fri, 26 June 2015, 01:25:25 »
Uh...

I bought out all the fedoras in California

M'eiosis
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline Dext

« Reply #48 on: Fri, 26 June 2015, 05:10:19 »