Author Topic: Tp4 vs the Squirrel [sigh...]  (Read 656 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Tp4 vs the Squirrel [sigh...]
« on: Sat, 16 March 2024, 16:10:38 »
Tp4's garage has a small crawl space above where one can enter, with no flooring to stand on, only some vertically laid boards not 2 inches thick. A Squirrel got into this space. It had already begun to dig up the garage's ceiling boards trying to get out.

As Tp4 approached, slowly, there's no firm connection to ground, it's a tightrope situation with cross beams above to butt heads against. The Squirrel had been scared by the flashlight and cornered itself. Tp4 thought, this is probably the only moment to ever put hands on it, because a human is too cumbersome to chase a squirrel in such a confined purchaseless space.

Tp4 made non-threatening soothing sounds as he attempted to grab Mr. Squirrel bare-handed, hoping to get it in a position where he could control its head. One hand reaching out, other on the flashlight, in poor visibility. The intent was to be just firm enough to capture and release.

It didn't go well, the Squirrel was startled and began full assault, with much biting and scratching. Tp4's hand being badly bloodied, Tp4 had no choice but to close his fists to subdue the attack. In the exchange Tp4 received 2 Big bites around the fingers, and moderately deep bloody scratches where the squirrel's legs were.

Mr. Squirrel is returned to nature beneath the azalea bushes.

The forces of nature are indeed relentless as it amplifies our human impositions, violently so.

The power of even a small animal can do so much. Tp4 shudders at the thought of the Existential climate blowback against our destructive animal agriculture and burning machines.

Offline kurplop

• THE HERO WE DON'T DESERVE
Re: Tp4 vs the Squirrel [sigh...]
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 16 March 2024, 16:56:51 »
They are very fast. My daughter rehabs them and I’ve watched them make five moves before I begin to make one. We’re no match for their  claws and teeth. I’m glad you were able to live to tell the story.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 16 March 2024, 16:59:39 »
They are very fast. My daughter rehabs them and I’ve watched them make five moves before I begin to make one. We’re no match for their  claws and teeth. I’m glad you were able to live to tell the story.

Internet says one does not need to hospital for squirrel bites.

Tp4 can't afford any of their services anyway,  should Tp4 die soon, it was inevitable.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 16 March 2024, 17:58:09 »
You showed remarkable self-restraint and compassion by releasing it back into the wild.

But you missed an opportunity for an all-natural meal with no negative environmental consequences.

https://georgiawildlife.blog/2018/08/26/5-squirrel-recipes-youll-ever-taste/

"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"