Author Topic: Realforce 87u white 45g uniform availability?  (Read 1664 times)

Offline robertsig

Realforce 87u white 45g uniform availability?
« on: Thu, 09 January 2014, 08:44:36 »
So I just started my "high-end" keyboard search after using my favorite Gateway Anykey keyboard for over 15 years.  Time for some quality!  Boy did I fall down the rabbit hole finding this site!

I tried some cherry mechanical switch keyboards and honestly I don't like them.  Maybe I'd like the browns with o-rings, but I'm not sure.  So I went and bought the Realforce 87U 55g uniform weighted keyboard and am using it now.  I love the TKL design and the classic white look.

Elite Keyboards has no stock on the uniform weighted 45g version with no ETA.  For those of you who have been around these parts for awhile, is this something that is recent...or have they been out of stock for like a year?  I don't know how long I should wait before I move on.  I'd really like to buy the 45g version, compare it to my 55g and sell the one I don't like.
http://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=topre_keyboards,rftenkeyless&pid=rf_se0900

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: Realforce 87u white 45g uniform availability?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 09 January 2014, 08:49:08 »

Hmmmm... This is quite the dilemma, since unlike cherry the topre dome gets stiffer and gains 5g rather than lose 5g

10g is certain enough of a gap to feel the difference in weight...

Offline robertsig

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 09 January 2014, 08:57:55 »
Hmmmm... This is quite the dilemma, since unlike cherry the topre dome gets stiffer and gains 5g rather than lose 5g

Well, that is certainly enough reason for me to want a 45g uniform version now.  Anyone got one in white they want to sell?   :D

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 09 January 2014, 09:20:51 »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Topre-Realforce-87U-Keyboard-45g-Uniform-Key-Switches-/221351029627?pt=PCA_Mice_Trackballs&hash=item33898cab7b

There is one on ebay right now.  I don't know the seller, but if you can't wait for EK to restock...ebay may be your best bet.
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline robertsig

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 09 January 2014, 10:32:49 »
Thank you for that.  It must have just gone up.  I bought it.