Author Topic: Do y'all just eat wheneves ?  (Read 2200 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Do y'all just eat wheneves ?
« on: Sat, 03 November 2018, 21:05:02 »
Should we wait until we're hungry ?

I mean, it seems like there's no way nature could've screwed this up, since it's a pretty important system..

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: Do y'all just eat wheneves ?
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 04 November 2018, 10:04:22 »
In prehistoric times it was probably eat whenever you could get something nourishing into your mouth, and wake when it was light and sleep when it was dark.

In the modern world, I think that sleeping and eating can and should be habitualized and that loose general schedules work best.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 04 November 2018, 11:48:04 »
Given the choice I'd have six 28 hour days (~20 hours awake, ~8 asleep) per week and three decent sized meals per day, the first not for at least a couple of hours after I woke up.

Constrained by the reality of day and night but without commitments to anyone or anything I usually get up around 9 and eat lunch around 2, dinner around 8 then go to bed around 2.

Now I'm working alternating shifts it's pretty messed up - if I have to be at work at 6AM I'll eat breakfast, sandwiches for lunch at around 12 and dinner around 6 but if I'm not in until 2PM I'll skip breakfast and have 'dinner' at 11 (probably 12-12:30 now I'm driving :() and sandwiches at 6 (maybe 7-8 now?) then if I'm hungry when I get home (probably won't be...) I'd have a snack around 11:30.

Some people like grazing and I'm sure it worked well when we needed to be alert to danger (i.e. didn't want to be too full and get cramp when running away from a lion) but I'd rather keep time 'wasted' on survival to a minimum so trips to the kitchen should be minimised.
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 04 November 2018, 19:50:53 »
I feel like my hunger often shifts by up to 2 hrs.. That seems like quite  a large stretch.. questioning reliability..

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 04 November 2018, 20:00:35 »
aint got no strings on me

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 05 November 2018, 09:37:33 »
aint got no strings on me

Everyone's got strings.. it may or may not be ChezBurger.

Offline EricCartman

• Screw you guys, I'm going home!
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 06 November 2018, 15:50:20 »

Screw you mom, I need my cheesy poofs!

Offline kennedyjf

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 10 November 2018, 22:04:05 »
Speaking from experience as a person who has struggled with their weight and eating habits their whole life i would say OMAD (one meal a day) is best practice. Nature didn’t mess anything up civilization did. The ability to drive to Taco Bell at unholy hours of the night and load up in cheap calories and jobs and hobbies that keep us in our rears for extended periods of time have really messed with us. OMAD simulates that one big hunt, catch, or harvest of the day. Have a one hour a day where you eat till your full and don’t eat again until the next day. It is working for me! Let me know what you think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Shapey Fiend

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 17:14:37 »
I don't really like eating when I get up and I'm trying to lose weight so I try only eat twice a day when I can. Being hungry is a bit like craving cigarettes to me you just soldier through it for 30 minutes and then you'll forget for another couple of hours.

Of course I ended up not really eating enough today so now I'm starving at 11.30pm when it's not really convenient to cook anything.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 17:36:01 »

(one meal a day) is best practice. Nature didn’t mess anything up civilization did.

Let me know what you think.

During the periods in my life when I did this, I found that mid-late afternoon was the best time - I was "lean and hungry" during the first half of the day, but I still had plenty of time to work/burn off the calories before I went to sleep.

As far as nature and our prehistoric ancestors - they were probably glad to stuff whatever they could find into their mouths. But living as a group, they probably hunted and gathered all day and brought back the harvest to eat while it was still daylight.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Eldr1tch

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 18:11:40 »
I work three 12 hour shifts consecutively and have the other four days off. I eat almost nothing except for some snacking on my breaks for those three days so during the week I pretty much eat anything I can get my hands on else I end up in an exhaustion coma until I gotta start my "work week" again.  :confused: