Author Topic: Playstation 4  (Read 10181 times)

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
Re: Playstation 4
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 19 November 2013, 19:45:17 »
I think I am going to pass on any new console until it can run 4k res and I actually have a 4k tv.  That was really the only reason I wanted the PS3, was for a "smart" blu-ray player.  And then I still didn't get one until they got patched to run 3d. 

You'll likely be waiting awhile unless a new console developer joins the ranks of the established. For example, Sony has stated they expect the PS4 to have a 20 year life cycle. Even if they patch it to work with 4K TVs, it'll still likely be years before it's actually implemented due to Sony's stipulation that it's conditional upon whether Broadcasters begin streaming it soon.

In 20 years smart phones will have the computational, processing, and graphics horsepower of the PSA.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #51 on: Tue, 19 November 2013, 19:49:26 »
I think I am going to pass on any new console until it can run 4k res and I actually have a 4k tv.  That was really the only reason I wanted the PS3, was for a "smart" blu-ray player.  And then I still didn't get one until they got patched to run 3d. 

You'll likely be waiting awhile unless a new console developer joins the ranks of the established. For example, Sony has stated they expect the PS4 to have a 20 year life cycle. Even if they patch it to work with 4K TVs, it'll still likely be years before it's actually implemented due to Sony's stipulation that it's conditional upon whether Broadcasters begin streaming it soon.

In 20 years smart phones will have the computational, processing, and graphics horsepower of the PSA.

mmmmm............ with a portable hydrogen cell... we have this technology TODAY.. problem is battery, not the chip.  The chip will fit.

Offline 1391406

« Reply #52 on: Tue, 19 November 2013, 20:03:03 »

If you ask me, they're full of crap. The PS4 might have a 10 or 11 year life cycle at best
Unicomp Classic | Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blues) | IBM Model M (1391401) | IBM XT Model F | IBM AT Model F | Dell AT101W | 122-key IBM Model F
IBM Model M13 | Apple Extended Keyboard | Apple Extended Keyboard II | MTEK K104 | NTC KB-6251/2 | Realforce 87U | Realforce 104U | Type Heaven

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #53 on: Tue, 19 November 2013, 20:07:59 »

If you ask me, they're full of crap. The PS4 might have a 10 or 11 year life cycle at best

Unpossible..

6-7 is pushing it.

Offline 1391406

« Reply #54 on: Tue, 19 November 2013, 22:46:50 »

Unpossible..

6-7 is pushing it.

6 or 7 is expected, as the first two PS consoles had a 6 year life cycle and the PS3 extended that by a year. The life cycle could actually be considered longer if you count the duration they continued manufacturing them subsequent the release of their successors.
« Last Edit: Tue, 19 November 2013, 22:48:35 by 1391406 »
Unicomp Classic | Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blues) | IBM Model M (1391401) | IBM XT Model F | IBM AT Model F | Dell AT101W | 122-key IBM Model F
IBM Model M13 | Apple Extended Keyboard | Apple Extended Keyboard II | MTEK K104 | NTC KB-6251/2 | Realforce 87U | Realforce 104U | Type Heaven

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #55 on: Tue, 19 November 2013, 22:52:06 »

Unpossible..

6-7 is pushing it.

6 or 7 is expected, as the first two PS consoles had a 6 year life cycle and the PS3 extended that by a year. The life cycle could actually be considered longer if you count the duration they continued manufacturing them subsequent the release of their successors.

at current pace.... we're talking maybe even 4-5 year cycles

Offline 1391406

« Reply #56 on: Tue, 19 November 2013, 23:10:05 »

Unpossible..

6-7 is pushing it.

at current pace.... we're talking maybe even 4-5 year cycles

Based on historical trends, I'd estimate closer to 7 or 8. The time between console releases is increasing.

Offline darkfire32

« Reply #57 on: Tue, 19 November 2013, 23:43:30 »
I'm holding off on getting a console since there's no real exclusives that I'm interested in, especially at launch. The last gen didn't really kick off until a year or more into the lifespan and the PS3 had a really slow acceleration. I already have a cheap PC for gaming so I'm not bothered with Titanfall or BF4. I'll probably wait till the price drop occurs and the new slim console to come out.
I don't really think they're going to make a slim console this time... 

Seeing as how people are getting bad consoles and apparently the heatsink isn't good enough and the console is overheating, I think they might do another revision. Like how Microsoft changed the chips in the old white 360s because people kept getting the RLOD.

Your quick to jump to a pretty silly conclusion... My CPU is quad core and over-clocked to more than double its stock speed and is 100% fine maxed out on the really pretty small fan/heatsink it came with.
MS went for the 100% safe road, but in the process have probably over-done it. All launch hardware has issues, that's why its almost always a good idea to leave it a while for problems to be found and fixed before investing your own money.

And that's what I'm saying. The PS4 just launched and people are reporting issues with their console and since there's no exclusives I'm interested in at launch, I'm going to wait until they fix the reported issues and when there's a good amount of console games released. If I'm going to wait for that long, I'm hoping that Sony will announce a price drop or a revision if there's some sort of issue that can't be patched with a firmware update. What silly conclusion am I jumping into? My only conclusion is that I'm not buying the PS4 this close to launch.

Then you just said something I already posted ^^ we all know what state launch PS3's and 360's are in :P

Glad we agree then  :thumb:. I think... I'm a bit confused as to how this conversation ended.

Offline kaotikb

« Reply #58 on: Tue, 19 November 2013, 23:53:55 »
I ended up getting one. Seems to be running fine so far. I also kept my ps3.
Ducky 1087 (Green ALPS) |  CM QFR Stealth (MX Brown) | Unicomp Ultra Classic |Poker II (MX Brown)  | IBM 1391401 1991 | IBM 1391401 1989 | Ducky Shine 3 White Edition (MX Brown) | G80-3700(MX Black) | Corsair K70 (MX Brown) | Varmillo VA87MR (Gateron Red)

Pointing Devices:  Microsoft Trackball Optical (Ceramic bearings Installed)  | Sanwa MA-TB39BK (Larger Ceramic Bearings Installed) | Elecom M-XT2URBK | Kensington Slimblade | Logitech Trackman Wheel | Logitech Trackman Marble Plus

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #59 on: Wed, 20 November 2013, 03:40:49 »
Oh Hi there.
I was going to do this when I got the GH60s in hand, but I'm getting tired of waiting for that to happen, so I'm doing it early.

I will be giving away 2x GH60s. 1 orangesicle clack.

You will be able to pick between red, black, blue, white or brown switches in the gh60s, but because of the plates you can switch out the springs/stems yourself if you want other/exotic switches.

One GH60 will be in a clear acrylic case. The other GH60 will not have a tray so you will have to get that yourself.

Will ship worldwide.

What do you have to do for this giveaway? Tell me what you would like to win. That's it.

You can wish for every single item all together if you want. Pick and choose. Mix and match.

Brobot removed. I don't want to part with any brobot from my collection :).

The PS4 life cycle will be 3 years of usability, and life 7-8 years on life support.
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #60 on: Wed, 20 November 2013, 03:56:03 »
And by life support you mean putting out great games?

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #61 on: Wed, 20 November 2013, 08:23:55 »

Making games that work better with controllers and tuning down graphics in games that deserve better than an old, outdated box drowning in cheeto dust.
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #62 on: Wed, 20 November 2013, 08:30:37 »
Waiting for that killer instinct :D...Bunch of games are on sale next friday. BF4 $30...
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #63 on: Wed, 20 November 2013, 12:25:17 »

I don't think it matters.. 32 Rop, 1152gpu core on ps4, 16 Rop 768gpu core on xbox...

Both use the exact same amd chip..

The PS4 will always have smoother framerates given the same optimizations...

AND the ps4 doesn't have silly stuff like the stream overlays..

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #64 on: Wed, 20 November 2013, 12:29:18 »
I am still very angry at how little GPU power there is in either consoles...  sigh..............

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #65 on: Wed, 20 November 2013, 12:30:49 »

Making games that work better with controllers and tuning down graphics in games that deserve better than an old, outdated box drowning in cheeto dust.

wat

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #66 on: Wed, 20 November 2013, 12:34:03 »

wat

paicrai believes himself to be cunning..

I don't know for sure.. but I do know that he's not organized in terms of writing. And i have no idea who he's arguing with or what he's arguing about...

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #67 on: Wed, 20 November 2013, 16:27:10 »

wat

I don't know for sure.. but I do know that he's not organized in terms of writing. And i have no idea who he's arguing with or what he's arguing about...

Show Image

I'm talking about how the PS4 will go on the next few years.

Ubisoft kept consoles alive with the Assassin's Creed series, which work fantastically with controllers.

And the part about the graphics being turned down is about how it's fooling all the football gym-goers meatheads into thinking consoles have unlimited power that will defeat any game.
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #68 on: Wed, 20 November 2013, 16:47:11 »

wat

Show Image

Ubisoft kept consoles alive with the Assassin's Creed series, which work fantastically with controllers.

And the part about the graphics being turned down is about how it's fooling all the football gym-goers meatheads into thinking consoles have unlimited power that will defeat any game.

The Last Of Us, Forza, Halo, a lot of console games keep them going. Ill be buying one in the future for console only games. PS4 and a One. But no rush ;]

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #69 on: Wed, 20 November 2013, 16:52:33 »

wat

Show Image

I see you've got revenge-of-the-nerds blood in you, against the Jocks that got with ur highschool crush?

How sure are we that any of ur "meat-heads" are thinking about console power, and "defeating" certain games... or even graphics fidelity..

Since it is a subjective experience.. if they believe it to be good.. that's all they need.. why are you getting hung up about it.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #70 on: Wed, 20 November 2013, 17:09:24 »

wat

Show Image

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #71 on: Wed, 20 November 2013, 23:16:24 »

wat

Show Image

I see you've got revenge-of-the-nerds blood in you, against the Jocks that got with ur highschool crush?
Show Image

How sure are we that any of ur "meat-heads" are thinking about console power, and "defeating" certain games... or even graphics fidelity..

Since it is a subjective experience.. if they believe it to be good.. that's all they need.. why are you getting hung up about it.

I know they care about the graphics because that's exactly what they tell me all the time. For one, they call me retarded because I bought a PC instead of a console, and their reason for saying so was "because I've played lots of games on console and they never lag". They also don't know about graphics settings, so they believe they played AC3 and stuff on ultra with 60fps on their PS3s and XBOXes . That's why. And that'll be all they ever care about in games.
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI