Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 1419275 times)

Offline iri

Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #8250 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 17:24:22 »
Called in sick to work to go to a job interview  :)
Good luck! Please don't apply to Amazon.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8251 on: Thu, 14 December 2017, 19:52:44 »
Today, I finished a thing for my woman. It's like a trinket puzzle; every day she reorganizes and adds to the tchotchke mayhem.
(Attachment Link)

That's fantastic!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Duckyreddy

• Better skadoodle, poodle.
« Reply #8252 on: Fri, 15 December 2017, 19:46:12 »
I was washing dad's car and happened to sliced my arm open with the rear windscreen wiper. great.

Ducky One Cherry MX Silent Reds

Leopold FC660M MX Blue
Logitech G403/ Razer Naga 2014

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #8253 on: Fri, 15 December 2017, 19:47:10 »
I was washing dad's car and happened to sliced my arm open with the rear windscreen wiper. great.

Drug addicts will inflict self harm, so they can go to the emergency room, where they report pain, and get free drugs.

Offline Duckyreddy

« Reply #8254 on: Fri, 15 December 2017, 20:23:06 »

Drug addicts will inflict self harm, so they can go to the emergency room, where they report pain, and get free drugs.

i like your thinking...

Leopold FC660M MX Blue

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8255 on: Fri, 15 December 2017, 21:56:41 »

i like your thinking...

Hospitals has the good stuff.. and you know they're legit.. !!

Offline Duckyreddy

« Reply #8256 on: Fri, 15 December 2017, 23:08:17 »

i like your thinking...

Hospitals has the good stuff.. and you know they're legit.. !!

legit. and free.

Leopold FC660M MX Blue

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #8257 on: Sun, 17 December 2017, 15:53:42 »
Made some redneck art with my dad... for his mancave

Offline damian9

« Reply #8258 on: Tue, 19 December 2017, 03:48:16 »
Slept through 2 of my classes....

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #8259 on: Tue, 19 December 2017, 08:19:20 »
Made some redneck art with my dad... for his mancave

Show Image

Show Image

Go sports!
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline smarmar

• My other Dell Quiet Keys is a Model M
    • Short Stories to Read in the Dark
« Reply #8260 on: Tue, 19 December 2017, 11:52:19 »
Today, I finished a thing for my woman. It's like a trinket puzzle; every day she reorganizes and adds to the tchotchke mayhem.
(Attachment Link)

That's fantastic!
Thanks! I cussed and complained throughout the entire process because I'd never made anything so manly with my hands before and I hacked my way through it  :cool:
1992 IBM Model M | Tesoro Durandal[Browns] | Hi-Tek Series 725[Space Invaders] | Tandy Enhanced[Sliders] | Dell Quiet Keys | Mitsumi[AT]

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #8261 on: Tue, 19 December 2017, 16:56:26 »
I TYPED ON MY KEYBOARD TODAY. DID YOU?

CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8262 on: Mon, 01 January 2018, 23:58:12 »

Show Image

I am typing on mine as I type this.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #8263 on: Tue, 02 January 2018, 00:10:10 »

Show Image

Yup
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
  • on Buckling Springs since '88
    • http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com
« Reply #8264 on: Tue, 02 January 2018, 21:20:55 »

Show Image

I am typing on mine as I type this.
This is the only way to do it right!  :thumb:

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #8265 on: Fri, 05 January 2018, 22:14:41 »
Finished installing a new floor in my kitchen. Still need to do the trim though.

https://imgur.com/a/Z4ccj

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8266 on: Fri, 05 January 2018, 22:31:07 »
now we know ur layout, to stealz ur stuffs.. !!

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #8267 on: Fri, 05 January 2018, 23:33:24 »
now we know ur layout, to stealz ur stuffs.. !!

My keebs are hidden real good

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #8268 on: Sat, 06 January 2018, 00:57:03 »
Got a bit tipsy and played BotW.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8269 on: Sat, 06 January 2018, 04:06:55 »
Finished installing a new floor in my kitchen. Still need to do the trim though.

Show Image

Show Image

Fantastic - the dark colour really looks great!

I wish I knew how to do grown up things like that.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8270 on: Sat, 06 January 2018, 07:34:48 »

Show Image

Show Image

The only thing grownup Tp4 knows how to do is eat ramen, and drive to popeyes fried chicken/costcos..

Now, he just does xbox + veggies..

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #8271 on: Sat, 06 January 2018, 08:07:48 »

Show Image

Show Image

It's not hard. Yea just kind of figure new things out as you go.

Offline iri

« Reply #8272 on: Sat, 06 January 2018, 08:17:49 »

Show Image

Show Image

Very nice floor.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8273 on: Sat, 06 January 2018, 08:36:13 »

Show Image

Show Image

It's mostly an excuse to buyz more dewaltz stuff.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #8274 on: Sat, 06 January 2018, 10:04:48 »

Show Image

Show Image

It's mostly an excuse to buyz more dewaltz stuff.

Ain't that the truth. Got a new DeWalt Jigsaw

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #8275 on: Sat, 06 January 2018, 20:49:01 »
Converted an M0110A to USB

https://imgur.com/a/FNjQ9

Just finished a second M0110A for myself.
I've had an SMK version for a while and have had this Mitsumi version sitting around for almost a year, finally got around to converting it.

Offline smarmar

• My other Dell Quiet Keys is a Model M
    • Short Stories to Read in the Dark
« Reply #8276 on: Sun, 07 January 2018, 10:15:45 »

Show Image

Show Image

I've had an SMK version for a while and have had this Mitsumi version sitting around for almost a year, finally got around to converting it.
Damn...whatchu have against gaming, bruh? Do you remove the WASD keys from all your keyboards? :p
1992 IBM Model M | Tesoro Durandal[Browns] | Hi-Tek Series 725[Space Invaders] | Tandy Enhanced[Sliders] | Dell Quiet Keys | Mitsumi[AT]

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #8277 on: Sun, 07 January 2018, 10:32:56 »

Show Image

Show Image

Damn...whatchu have against gaming, bruh? Do you remove the WASD keys from all your keyboards? :p

Was just to show the different switches between the Mitsumi and SMK versions.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #8278 on: Mon, 15 January 2018, 16:19:21 »
TIL going into the job market with a killer resume is basically like having a paid DLC weapon in a deathmatch.  :thumb:

I was doubtful throughout the process, but after seeing what was returned to me a resume service is probably one of the best things I've ever spent my money on.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8279 on: Mon, 15 January 2018, 17:15:42 »
TIL going into the job market with a killer resume is basically like having a paid DLC weapon in a deathmatch.  :thumb:

I was doubtful throughout the process, but after seeing what was returned to me a resume service is probably one of the best things I've ever spent my money on.

//headscratch ..

Did they reroll your essay ?

What does the service do ?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #8280 on: Mon, 15 January 2018, 17:49:02 »

//headscratch ..

Did they reroll your essay ?

What does the service do ?

It wasn't at all what I expected. Basically I was interviewed for an hour and a half about my life, my career goals, , what makes me happy, and my experience. Then that information paired with my preexisting resume and experience was compiled, clarified, and separated into 3 different resumes for 3 different jobs.
Essentially the service took my one ****ty nonrepresentational outdated one-page resume and squeezed blood from a stone until it was 3 well-structured strong resumes.
Black magic I'd say, but they did a great job.

If anyone reading this was ever considering a professional resume service but were wary of the cost, I would reassure you it is money more than well-spent imo.

Offline iri

« Reply #8281 on: Tue, 16 January 2018, 07:50:03 »

What service did you use?

-Ray Bradbury

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8282 on: Tue, 16 January 2018, 07:52:47 »

It wasn't at all what I expected. Basically I was interviewed for an hour and a half about my life, my career goals, , what makes me happy, and my experience. Then that information paired with my preexisting resume and experience was compiled, clarified, and separated into 3 different resumes for 3 different jobs.
Essentially the service took my one ****ty nonrepresentational outdated one-page resume and squeezed blood from a stone until it was 3 well-structured strong resumes.

If anyone reading this was ever considering a professional resume service but were wary of the cost, I would reassure you it is money more than well-spent imo.

// Suspicious..

Did noisyturtle recently get hired by the resume company, and his first job is to promote company services to all his pals at the Gekhak.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #8283 on: Tue, 16 January 2018, 11:09:52 »

// Suspicious..

Did noisyturtle recently get hired by the resume company, and his first job is to promote company services to all his pals at the Gekhak.

Hahaha  :))
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #8284 on: Wed, 17 January 2018, 14:33:04 »
2018-01-17_03-24-10 by almightyglod, on Flickr

2018-01-17_03-24-31 by almightyglod, on Flickr

works but sometimes i have to plug it in a few times for it to register all the keys, once connected 100% it works fine with no disconnects or missed keys with TMK (meaning i think its the firmware not the converter), because of that cant count on it to be 100% there on a computer startup.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #8285 on: Wed, 17 January 2018, 14:38:17 »
Show Image
2018-01-17_03-24-10 by almightyglod, on Flickr

Show Image
2018-01-17_03-24-31 by almightyglod, on Flickr

works but sometimes i have to plug it in a few times for it to register all the keys, once connected 100% it works fine with no disconnects or missed keys with TMK (meaning i think its the firmware not the converter), because of that cant count on it to be 100% there on a computer startup.

Nice. I'll be doing one of those soon.

Offline clankgy1

• Formerly digifiend
« Reply #8286 on: Thu, 18 January 2018, 14:05:59 »

[/uote]

Not sure what industry you are in, but in my industry (project management), it isn't easy to get an interview without having one's resume be ATS-friendly.  And many times, that requires somebody who knows what words to use for specific industries.

(ATS is applicant tracking system).
RF87U 55g (damaged)  |  AV3 w/POM Plate  |  Thermal (to be built)  |  ID80v1 (to be rebuilt)  |  Tokyo60

Offline mason

• have fun with her, ryan
« Reply #8287 on: Fri, 19 January 2018, 16:45:05 »
Today I quit my job at Amazon ;D yesterday was my 6 month mark.

I've had a second job for 3 months that pays twice as much, has a flexible schedule, and most importantly, doesn't take a toll mentally or physically.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #8288 on: Fri, 19 January 2018, 16:51:33 »

I've had a second job for 3 months that pays twice as much, has a flexible schedule, and most importantly, doesn't take a toll mentally or physically.

Congratulations  :thumb: good luck to you!

Offline mason

• have fun with her, ryan
« Reply #8289 on: Fri, 19 January 2018, 17:21:01 »

Thanks!!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8290 on: Fri, 19 January 2018, 17:35:51 »

Thanks!!

But, do you still get prime member ship.. //Gasp

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #8291 on: Sun, 21 January 2018, 13:40:20 »
Booked my flights to the US in June :D
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Carcharocles

• Location: In the lonely, desolate wasteland of South Kansas City
    • The Deathscape Mythos
« Reply #8292 on: Sun, 21 January 2018, 16:35:46 »
Not technically today (although it did extend past midnight) but spent yesterday afternoon and evening "upgrading" my computer, reinstalling windows (to fix the issues with leftover drivers) and downloading all my programs and any updates (surprisingly few...).

Although today I did test out two games that were giving me trouble due to my rather terrible prior CPU, and well, not so much anymore (went from a slow motion crawl @ about 40 FPS minimum in the yard section of Resident Evil 7 to a buttery smooth rock-steady 60 FPS). Not sure if I'm even gonna bother to overclock really, as I'm using the stock cooler and I don't want to ruin this mobo (although this time the VRM's <i>are</i> fully heatsinked.

I also looked over my old motherboard and realized that yes, one of the VRM mosfets was not covered by the heatsink, and yes, it did indeed blow.
T1000 , Firmware ver. Doge.

Most deadly of them all.
Keyboards: Drevo Gramr (Outemu Browns); Logitech K480

Offline clankgy1

• Formerly digifiend
« Reply #8293 on: Sun, 21 January 2018, 18:27:36 »
Worked on my son's Pinewood derby car (primer, plus first coat of paint).  Another to go on in 45 mins.  I'm also going to buy a KBDfans 5-degree 60% case to subsitute for the FJELL I had planned on buying.
RF87U 55g (damaged)  |  AV3 w/POM Plate  |  Thermal (to be built)  |  ID80v1 (to be rebuilt)  |  Tokyo60

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #8294 on: Mon, 22 January 2018, 02:51:42 »
So far today I've had my coffee and almost had an anxiety attack. I can tell it's going to be a good day. :rolleyes:

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #8295 on: Mon, 22 January 2018, 03:14:48 »
So far today I've had my coffee and almost had an anxiety attack. I can tell it's going to be a good day. ::)

keep it shwifty dude, and **** on the floor... it's all gonna be ok :)

Offline Lansky

• Realest motherthocker
« Reply #8296 on: Mon, 22 January 2018, 06:16:05 »
I've been carrying furniture down from the 4th floor all day yesterday, today it continues... RIP me.  :'(
Norbaforce (88UB, BKE Heavy, silenced), Noxary XRF (stock 87UB, 55g) Singa R2 (retooled MX Blacks w/ 68g catweewee springs), LZ GH V2 (V1 Zealios 67g), RAMA U80-A (Holy GSUS)

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #8297 on: Mon, 22 January 2018, 08:35:30 »
So far today I've had my coffee and almost had an anxiety attack. I can tell it's going to be a good day. ::)

Yeah it's been a decent enough day it's just not fun to start out your day with that ****. :D
Thanks for the kind words. I don't quit know what **** on the floor means, and if you mean it literally I'd rather not because I would have to clean it up myself. :P

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #8298 on: Mon, 22 January 2018, 09:02:12 »

Yeah it's been a decent enough day it's just not fun to start out your day with that ****. :D
Thanks for the kind words. I don't quit know what **** on the floor means, and if you mean it literally I'd rather not because I would have to clean it up myself. :p

it's a rick and morty quote from his "get shwifty" "song"...  :p  I don't think it's meant literally either, unless you really feel the urge to do so

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8299 on: Mon, 22 January 2018, 10:08:29 »
So far today I've had my coffee and almost had an anxiety attack. I can tell it's going to be a good day. :rolleyes:

anxiety attack...  coffee..

Have you tried switching to decaf for a good 2 months ?