Author Topic: What are you watching? The thread about what you're watching.  (Read 391500 times)

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
Re: What are you watching? The thread about what you're watching.
« Reply #1600 on: Tue, 06 December 2022, 11:25:54 »
Chainsaw Man sucks. What a genuinely terrible anime, filled with idiotic one dimensional characters with the stupidest and most vapid motivations ever.
I do not understand the hype and love for this show. Just pure trash.

damn what a strong statement

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #1601 on: Tue, 06 December 2022, 19:00:20 »
Alienoid 2022, korean,

it's like crouching tiger + back to the future + ET + ultra man + naruto + foundation.

Online phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #1602 on: Wed, 07 December 2022, 17:35:24 »
Just watched 2001: A Space Odyssey.
I may have seen this movie in 80s on TV, but cannot remember, as I was a little kid.
Decided to watch it tonight in best available 4K version.
I have to say that apart from amazing special effects made in 1968, this movie wasn't good, in my opinion.
Over 2 hours about the guy who decided to turn off his computer ;)
Don't get me wrong, effects, scenography and all was amazing! I caught myself pausing it many times and wonder how the scene was made.
But the actual story was boring for me, almost every  scene over stretched to the point I was fast-forwarding it . I bet if I watched it in '68 I would have been amazed.

« Last Edit: Wed, 07 December 2022, 17:37:19 by phinix »
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Online phinix

« Reply #1603 on: Wed, 07 December 2022, 17:40:49 »
Started 1899. First episode was just an introduction, so will see if it gets better later.

Show Image

Huh. Seems intriguing. Let us know if it's worth watching. :D

Forgot to come back and confirm when finished, sorry :)
So... I watched Dark two times in the past. This is simply Dark, but in different scenery and time. Well, time... let's say in different scenery ;)
Overall it was a predictable and bit boring, I wouldn't watch it again.
Of course, same as Dark, it will have next season, but first one ended with huge WOW.
It had same episode structure I would call it - it starts, shows some event, then end with a short summary from a different angle and reveals something new for few seconds at the very end - which I really like, it was done perfectly in Dark.

Where Dark I could say was for me personally 9/10, then 1899 is max 6/10. I watched it but won't be waiting for next season.
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 December 2022, 03:01:35 by phinix »
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #1604 on: Wed, 07 December 2022, 18:32:13 »

if I watched it in '68 I would have been amazed.

You would have been amazed. It was light years beyond everything that had come before.

I was a sophomore in high school and already reading SF all the time anyway.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1605 on: Wed, 07 December 2022, 22:21:04 »
The modern presentation of the movies look nothing like their 68 counterpart. There would've been no way to present the film with the level of contrast and gamut depth that's seen in the modern edition.

Offline iri

« Reply #1606 on: Thu, 08 December 2022, 03:12:40 »
this movie wasn't good
And neither was Dr Strangelove.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Online phinix

« Reply #1607 on: Thu, 08 December 2022, 05:05:57 »

if I watched it in '68 I would have been amazed.

You would have been amazed. It was light years beyond everything that had come before.

I was a sophomore in high school and already reading SF all the time anyway.

I was hoping for your comments :)
As this was your era (like 80s are mine), you must have loved it back then. That is why I thought that if I lived in those days, I would have loved it - I can feel it now - all those images of space, actors moving in "zero gravity", all high tech computers and equipment, like that phone call to earth to speak with his daughter - video call imagined in 1968, amazing. It was so funny when he asked what she wants for Christmas - I want a phone! :D Jeez, over 50 years later and nothing changed - kids want phones for Christmas! Hahahaha :D
I think that that is why those scenes were so stretched in time, plus its the way how Kubrik did his movies.
I said I did not like it, as it didn't get old well, you can see it and for me there were things very frustrating.
However, as a sci-fi movie from 1968, it was amazing.

P.S. What's sophomore ?
« Last Edit: Thu, 08 December 2022, 05:07:43 by phinix »

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #1608 on: Thu, 08 December 2022, 07:47:20 »

its the way how Kubrik did his movies.

What's sophomore ?

Kubrick was a master craftsman and artist. His pacing was set by the requirements of his art and aesthetics, and often felt glacially slow, but he generated his story arc using intellectual tactics rather than "mere" action and emotion.

"Sophomore" in high school = 10th grade = 15 years years old.

"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Online phinix

« Reply #1609 on: Thu, 08 December 2022, 08:05:16 »

its the way how Kubrik did his movies.

What's sophomore ?

Kubrick was a master craftsman and artist. His pacing was set by the requirements of his art and aesthetics, and often felt glacially slow, but he generated his story arc using intellectual tactics rather than "mere" action and emotion.

"Sophomore" in high school = 10th grade = 15 years years old.

Yep, I liked his photography work as well.
I need to watch Clockwork Orange again - first and last time I watched it I was around 15 years old (sophomore, thanks for explaining :) ) and did not like it, it was a bit disgusting for me, as far as I remember. I'll re-watch to see how I take it now.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #1610 on: Thu, 08 December 2022, 08:15:58 »

I need to watch Clockwork Orange again

it was a bit disgusting for me

I was a sophomore in college when that one came out (got to see a special midnight pre-release viewing), and semi-enjoyed it while I squirmed in my seat.

Re-watched it about 8-10 years ago (pre-Trump) and had an entirely new perspective, although that was in a world where meaningless violence and disregard of law were fading in the rear-view mirror. Little did I know that anarchy was about to have a heinous revival.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1611 on: Thu, 08 December 2022, 16:41:55 »
RIPD 2, yikes, this is bad.

RIPD 1 was not great, but tp4 still thought it were a pretty cool movie.

Online phinix

« Reply #1612 on: Fri, 09 December 2022, 02:48:59 »

So that actually a prequel and none of old starts are in it right?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1613 on: Fri, 09 December 2022, 09:51:27 »

it's a b movie prequel

Online phinix

« Reply #1614 on: Fri, 09 December 2022, 17:40:14 »

it's a b movie prequel

Oooft, I'll skip it then.

Online phinix

« Reply #1615 on: Fri, 09 December 2022, 17:45:07 »
I watched Narrow Margin, from 1990. One of those good crime movies of the 90s.
I don't know if its possible, but I may have not seen it back in 90s, didn't remember any of the scenes, it was nice to find some new movie from my childhood.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1616 on: Wed, 14 December 2022, 00:45:44 »
Dimension 404, not bad, it's predictable, but it's a nice update to familiar plots that we liked from outerlimits/twilight zone

Online phinix

« Reply #1617 on: Wed, 14 December 2022, 07:53:11 »
The House on Carroll Street.
If you like 1950's America, post-war subject, its a nice simple movie.
And of course Kelly McGillis ♥♥♥

« Last Edit: Wed, 14 December 2022, 07:54:52 by phinix »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1619 on: Wed, 14 December 2022, 16:40:54 »
The new Coraline disc is awesome, textures to the max..

Show Image

(Attachment Link)

love Coraline

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #1620 on: Wed, 14 December 2022, 16:47:23 »

Started 1899. First episode was just an introduction, so will see if it gets better later.

Watched the first one last night, but won't continue.

I can see that it could be interesting, but I don't like being "jerked around" and I feel like that is the whole of what the show will be.

Online phinix

« Reply #1621 on: Thu, 15 December 2022, 03:04:15 »

Watched the first one last night, but won't continue.

I can see that it could be interesting, but I don't like being "jerked around" and I feel like that is the whole of what the show will be.

Yeah, it wasn't that good. Boring at times, dragged for too long, feels like whole thing could be done in half of the time.
Dark was amazing, but this one feels like a simple copy with different scenery.

When Dark was 9/10 for me, this one is 6/10 max.

Offline invariance

• ...here with all the other boson's
« Reply #1622 on: Thu, 15 December 2022, 07:54:16 »
Watched War of the Worlds S1 ages ago then lived under a rock.
Found it was up to season 3 and thought the only way to catch up was start over.
I'm enjoying S1 as much now as when I first watched it.
The only BS I
want to hear is
from a Model M:
PN:1391401
DOB: 04FEB87
      Wyse 85      Mtek K104
SMK Blue: Chicony KB-5181; HyperX Aqua: HyperX Alloy Origins *Yet-to-rebuild: A 69 key C. P. Clare Foam & Foil assy *Rubber: Digital LK46W-A2; uSoft Natural Pro RT9401, Natural Multimedia 1.0A RT9470, Natural Ergonomic 4000 KU-0460; "Avid" Sejin SLKR2233; "Diamond Touch" Mitsubishi 6511-PB

Offline iri

« Reply #1623 on: Thu, 15 December 2022, 09:46:05 »
For me, Dark was 11/10, but only if the 3rd season is excluded
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Online phinix

« Reply #1624 on: Thu, 15 December 2022, 17:21:57 »
Three Thousand Years of Longing
Fantastic movie, for me it was something new, different way to tell the story, really liked it.
Special effects were great, Idris was fantastic.

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #1625 on: Fri, 16 December 2022, 06:19:19 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: Sun, 25 December 2022, 17:02:37 by PadawanGeek »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1626 on: Fri, 16 December 2022, 09:20:01 »
problem isn't the actors,  problem is that they're all too OP, it's basically like having 10x superman team up, what's the point. you could've solved the problem with 1x with slight alteration to the plot.

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #1627 on: Fri, 16 December 2022, 09:49:11 »
I canceled my pre-order of 4K Bluray of Black Adam because I have a feeling the end credit scene with Henry Cavill's Superman would be removed to suit James Gunn's narrative.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1628 on: Fri, 16 December 2022, 09:54:00 »
I canceled my pre-order of 4K Bluray of Black Adam because I have a feeling the end credit scene with Henry Cavill's Superman would be removed to suit James Gunn's narrative.

but then padawan is gon' miss all dat HDR-lightning effects.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1629 on: Fri, 16 December 2022, 19:45:14 »

I am so ready for that Amazon Warhammer 40k series he wants to do

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1630 on: Sun, 18 December 2022, 10:08:40 »
Final space has way higher quality space imagery than rick/morty

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #1631 on: Sun, 18 December 2022, 12:56:49 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: Sun, 25 December 2022, 17:02:55 by PadawanGeek »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1632 on: Sun, 18 December 2022, 15:53:46 »
I am so ready for that Amazon Warhammer 40k series he wants to do
Gonna immerse myself in Warhammer lore, so that when the series starts, I'd not be totally lost or befuddled. I understand he's also a producer, so I guess he can exert some control unlike The Witcher where the writers do NOT respect the original source material. Gonna cancel my NF subscription after season 3, I'm done with The Witcher after Season 3, and I'm waaaaay done with DCEU or DCU or whatever the crap they wanna call it now.

Edit - BTW, anyone here watched that South Korean sleeper hit, The Witch? Well, I'd just watch The Witch 2 The Other One (on Blu ray) and it's good, go watch it if you haven't.

The witch is pretty decent,  it might be too slow moving for the younger hip crowd.

Tp4 has only seen part 1.   is part 2 faster ?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1633 on: Sun, 18 December 2022, 17:07:38 »
rewatching raised by wolves on disc,   production value is awesome, season 1 is great,  season 2 is mmmmmm... mmmm. religion sux indeed.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1634 on: Sun, 18 December 2022, 19:36:38 »
Season 1 is so good, it's exactly relevant, humanity either figures it out or face obliteration.

The scary part of tales such as this is the origin, that we inevitably only respond to great calamity. Many if not all will burn before any real work towards unity and societal goals.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1635 on: Sun, 18 December 2022, 23:36:23 »
Nominating for greatest line in tv history.

294680-0

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #1636 on: Sat, 24 December 2022, 10:43:18 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: Sun, 25 December 2022, 17:03:19 by PadawanGeek »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1637 on: Sat, 24 December 2022, 11:00:48 »
Just watch Strange World, and I hope you guys don't think I'm a homophobe, I ain't, but why in the world have a young gay guy as one of the main characters? Don't do it just to be inclusive, and don't do it just because of some vocal woke peeps who'd criticize the movie for not including gay characters. Do it if it is critical to the story, like when I'd first encountered my first gay movie, Making Love, I was fine with it as it was about guys falling in love....actually, one guy falling for the other.

All this woke stuff is ruining themovie experience, is it wrong to have the son of the main character be straight and in a straight relationship? IMO, it's the vocal LGBTQ+ that's ruining society, I have nothing against them, but IF a movie is not 'inclusive' in their opinion, why raise a ruckus and encourage a boycott simply because the film did not include LGBTQ+ characters? Next thing you know, we may have a non-binary Superman....eh, I mean Super Non-binary person/entity, what's next?

Hollywood should take a cue from Top Gun Maverick, a movie that set out to entertain with no LGBTQ+ agenda, and it worked beautifully! That's why it's in my collection of Blu ray/4K collection. I want to be entertained when I watch a movie, I don't want any woke agenda or message being shoved down my throat, that's the thing that Hollywood has forgotten, and that's just to entertain...on a side note, a movie with graphic lesbian scenes is something I am willing to tolerate. ;) :p :))

There are many sides to this, but inclusion is a big deal padawan.

for many years, less pretty women were excluded from important movie roles, and this has been extremely polarizing in terms of setting narrow beauty standards, the drive towards cosmetic surgical interventions, and psychological problems such as body dysmorphia.

Films and media have a tremendous influence in distributing human role models, it has far reaching implications for society and development of its structures.

"Woke" might seem superficial in a discussion, but to young people who are growing up, it programs their baseline belief system.

It works in  the same way that Advertisement has made every male human believe that they must drink milk and eat beef to be manly.  When the fact of the matter is, dairy, and all derivatives actually contain an enormous amount of animal estrogen (cows are milked while pregnant), this causes men to grow m00bies, you'd agree there's nothing manly about m00bies.

My own opinion of the film is that, execution was not the best, the allegory is a little too complicated for the targeted age group.

Overall, Tp4 believes the climate change agenda presented in the movie is the most important.

The one thing that it did not get correct is that they were clearly anti-fossil-fuel, whereas the primary cause of climate change is actually ANIMAL AGRICULTURE.

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #1638 on: Sat, 24 December 2022, 11:58:32 »
Deletede I don't offend anyone, just me spouting my personal opinion on this subject matter.
« Last Edit: Sun, 25 December 2022, 17:03:32 by PadawanGeek »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1639 on: Sat, 24 December 2022, 12:35:03 »
You mentioned that non-binary is given a disproportionate voice. This is unmistakably a politically fueled republican propaganda.  of the 999999x movies that come out a year, is there really a disproportionate representation of non-binary characters ?

I'm not saying you're republican, but if you want to be the cool kid and think different padawan, you'll have to be very careful of the information you read, there's alot of bad stuff out there. Information is crafted meticulously to distort your ideology.

As for China as a threat. That is immaterial.

The greatest threat to humanity right now is ANIMAL AGRICULTURE, it alone will result in the end of everything.

We slaughter 80 BILLION animals each year. That is an order of magnitude larger than the total human biomass.  This practice is directly responsible for the total destruction of the earth ecosystem.     75% of farmland is dedicated to producing animal feed, which ultimately only accounts for 15% of total calories eaten by humans.

This will NEVER MATH OUT.

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #1640 on: Sat, 24 December 2022, 12:45:50 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: Sun, 25 December 2022, 17:03:47 by PadawanGeek »

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #1641 on: Sat, 24 December 2022, 13:02:21 »

The US of today, with all this woke ideologies

Every time I see or hear the word "woke" in its current slang usage I get more flummoxed and less sure what the user is trying to convey. According to Meriam-Webster dictionary :

WOKE
adjective
ˈwōk 
woker; wokest
chiefly US slang
: aware of and actively attentive to important societal facts and issues (especially issues of racial and social justice)

The overarching problem that I see is that the stability and progress of a culture that is NOT "aware of and actively attentive to important societal facts and issues" is compromised by ignorance and subservience.

The reason that a country like China is so powerful and threatening is that it is a totalitarian state capable of undertaking practically any endeavor (social, military, whatever) without restraint and with a pool of resources that can comprise the entirety of the country and its population.

A country such as ours based on principles of freedom and democracy is, of necessity, restrained in its ability to prosecute military action - either offensive or defensive.

Offline invariance

• ...here with all the other boson's
« Reply #1642 on: Sun, 25 December 2022, 03:19:37 »
Just gone 7pm Christmas night here and have National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation.
T H E  B E S T  C H R I S T M A S   M O V I E  E V E R ! ! !
The only BS I
want to hear is
from a Model M:
PN:1391401
DOB: 04FEB87
      Wyse 85      Mtek K104
SMK Blue: Chicony KB-5181; HyperX Aqua: HyperX Alloy Origins *Yet-to-rebuild: A 69 key C. P. Clare Foam & Foil assy *Rubber: Digital LK46W-A2; uSoft Natural Pro RT9401, Natural Multimedia 1.0A RT9470, Natural Ergonomic 4000 KU-0460; "Avid" Sejin SLKR2233; "Diamond Touch" Mitsubishi 6511-PB

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #1643 on: Sun, 25 December 2022, 04:34:17 »
Just gone 7pm Christmas night here and have National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation.
T H E  B E S T  C H R I S T M A S   M O V I E  E V E R ! ! !
It really is awesome. :D The older I get t he funnier it becomes.

Offline iri

« Reply #1644 on: Sun, 25 December 2022, 11:06:16 »
urgently need a list of world cinema masterpieces

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Ella

• Why is it called an oven
« Reply #1645 on: Sun, 25 December 2022, 12:20:24 »
Just watched Strange World, and I hope you guys don't think I'm a homophobe, I ain't, but why in the world have a young gay guy as one of the main characters? Don't do it just to be inclusive, and don't do it just because of some vocal woke peeps who'd criticize the movie for not including gay characters. Do it if it is critical to the story, like when I'd first encountered my first gay movie, Making Love, I was fine with it as it was about guys falling in love....actually, one guy falling for the other.

All this woke stuff is ruining the movie experience, is it wrong to have the son of the main character be straight and in a straight relationship? IMO, it's the vocal LGBTQ+ that's ruining movies, I have nothing against them, but IF a movie is not 'inclusive' in their opinion, why raise a ruckus and encourage a boycott simply because the film did not include LGBTQ+ characters? Next thing you know, we may have a non-binary Superman....eh, I mean Super Non-binary person/entity, what's next?

Another thing I don't get is, and this is OT, why are men who transitioned the female, but who are biologically male, be allowed to participate in Womens' swimming events where they stand a very high chance of winning due to their biological advantage? I don't understand why this is being allowed. Men are men, women are women, just because a man identifies as a woman, I have nothing against this, does NOT equate him being a woman biologically, he can't naturally conceive and give birth. Why this crazy notion that gender identity is equal to biology.

Hollywood should take a cue from Top Gun Maverick, a movie that set out to entertain with no LGBTQ+ agenda, and it worked beautifully! That's why it's in my collection of Blu ray/4K collection. I want to be entertained when I watch a movie, I don't want any woke agenda or message being shoved down my throat, that's the thing that Hollywood has forgotten, and that's just to entertain...on a side note, a movie with graphic lesbian scenes is something I am willing to tolerate. ;) :p :))

That’s a lot of words to say that you don’t like gay people

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #1646 on: Sun, 25 December 2022, 12:48:00 »
Deletedes and anger.
« Last Edit: Sun, 25 December 2022, 17:04:05 by PadawanGeek »

Offline Ella

• Why is it called an oven
« Reply #1647 on: Sun, 25 December 2022, 13:50:14 »

No, I did not say that, even in school, I had a couple of friends who were gay, one even committed suicide, though exact reason isn't clear to me. What I'm not in favor of is this ultra right push to make it more accepted, it already is accepted, even in a conservative Asian country like mine. There's no need to deliberately plant a gay character in an animated movie just for inclusion.

I've said IF it were integral to the storyline, and would help move the story along, I'm fine with it. A gay character does NOT need to be inserted into each and every movie just because......if ever 'because' is a valid reason to begin with. What's next in this extreme drive for inclusiveness? A non-binary super hero? A trans gender woman who wins Olympic gold in Women's Swimming? Those two terms are mutually exclusive to me as no matter how I look at it, a male who identifies as female (I've nothing against this) is a biological male in the first place, sure, the trans female can take hormones and medicate to look more like a female, but you can only disguise the outward appearance, biology tells me a trans female is still male....science/biology, you can disguise it, but you can't change it.

Again, I have nothing against trans male/female, gays, lesbians.....basically LGBTQ+, people should be able to lead the lives they want, but in certain aspects of life, I think the push for widespread acceptance should be tempered with patience and understanding, sometimes the loudest voice get heard, but sometimes, the loudest voice also irritates and anger.

Again, please refer to my earlier comment.

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #1648 on: Sun, 25 December 2022, 14:28:12 »
deleted
« Last Edit: Sun, 25 December 2022, 17:04:21 by PadawanGeek »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1649 on: Sun, 25 December 2022, 14:31:16 »

No, I did not say that, even in school, I had a couple of friends who were gay, one even committed suicide, though exact reason isn't clear to me. What I'm not in favor of is this ultra right push to make it more accepted, it already is accepted, even in a conservative Asian country like mine. There's no need to deliberately plant a gay character in an animated movie just for inclusion.

I've said IF it were integral to the storyline, and would help move the story along, I'm fine with it. A gay character does NOT need to be inserted into each and every movie just because......if ever 'because' is a valid reason to begin with. What's next in this extreme drive for inclusiveness? A non-binary super hero? A trans gender woman who wins Olympic gold in Women's Swimming? Those two terms are mutually exclusive to me as no matter how I look at it, a male who identifies as female (I've nothing against this) is a biological male in the first place, sure, the trans female can take hormones and medicate to look more like a female, but you can only disguise the outward appearance, biology tells me a trans female is still male....science/biology, you can disguise it, but you can't change it.

Again, I have nothing against trans male/female, gays, lesbians.....basically LGBTQ+, people should be able to lead the lives they want, but in certain aspects of life, I think the push for widespread acceptance should be tempered with patience and understanding, sometimes the loudest voice get heard, but sometimes, the loudest voice also irritates and anger.

Padawan, right wing, at least in america refers to the anti-gay, anti-trans crowd. I don't know what you mean by ultra right.

As for your concern about gender and sports. 

Gender is fundamentally non-binary.  there are fish which spend part of their lives male, and part of their lives female.

That is to say, biological gender is not a concept fixed in stone, it's only a short hand we've come up with in our existing language structure.

No one is entirely male or entirely female. it's possible you are a little, or even medium gay/ trans.  we don't really know.

As we move forward with society, we are to be more cognizant of these differences, that's all.

Non-Binary people as a group were persecuted throughout history, and they are finally given the freedom and space to be proud of a "valid" state of existence.

Your current perspectives run into conflicts because they operate under the assumption that male, female, non-binary  are fundamentally separate things,   when they are not.   Everyone exists as a particular shade of grey.