Author Topic: The GH shoe thread  (Read 451563 times)

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
Re: The GH shoe thread
« Reply #700 on: Sun, 02 August 2015, 13:37:15 »
teal dragon ftw
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #701 on: Sun, 02 August 2015, 14:01:52 »
Whynotboth.org.jpg.png.tiff
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #702 on: Sun, 02 August 2015, 14:55:54 »
I need skate shoes but EVERY single one looks like old school Vans. What the **** happened in the last 15 years?
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #703 on: Sun, 02 August 2015, 14:58:40 »

I need skate shoes but EVERY single one looks like old school Vans. What the **** happened in the last 15 years?

Need?

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #704 on: Sun, 02 August 2015, 15:06:57 »

Need?
hell yea
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #705 on: Sun, 02 August 2015, 15:07:43 »

Need?
hell yea

I need some Adidas X spitfire skate shoes

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #706 on: Sun, 02 August 2015, 15:12:28 »

Need?
hell yea

I need some Adidas X spitfire skate shoes
yes you do son
shred you majestic mother****er
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #707 on: Sun, 02 August 2015, 15:17:21 »

Need?

Buddy bought me a skateboard to give me something to do other than just mentally grind about my niece... to take time to clear my head and all. As I posted earlier in the thread, because of medical issues I've really only been able to wear Asics Gel Kahanas for the last few years. And I have been skating in them and it ruins them so damn fast plus the "trail running" sole isn't the best for contact with the board or street. I need solid, supportive skate shoes.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #708 on: Sun, 02 August 2015, 15:19:43 »

Need?

Buddy bought me a skateboard to give me something to do other than just mentally grind about my niece... to take time to clear my head and all. As I posted earlier in the thread, because of medical issues I've really only been able to wear Asics Gel Kahanas for the last few years. And I have been skating in them and it ruins them so damn fast plus the "trail running" sole isn't the best for contact with the board or street. I need solid, supportive skate shoes.

Yea dude, skating eats shoes. So I take it you dislike vans?

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #709 on: Sun, 02 August 2015, 15:23:10 »

Need?

No. I just don't understand why there isn't a variety of options between companies except for patterns and logos. Last skate shoes I owned were Muskas that had great arch support without being ugly and bulky.

Plus they had the dime bag stash pocket (which I swear I didn't use in high school).

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #710 on: Sun, 02 August 2015, 15:26:45 »

Need?

No. I just don't understand why there isn't a variety of options between companies except for patterns and logos. Last skate shoes I owned were Muskas that had great arch support without being ugly and bulky.

Show Image

Plus they had the dime bag stash pocket (which I swear I didn't use in high school).

Sure you didn't ;)

Well hope you find something you like :)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #711 on: Sun, 02 August 2015, 17:29:46 »
Get yourself some Nike FCs. Well I don't know if they still make them. But they are dope and they take a beating. P.Rod's stuff is pretty tough too.

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #712 on: Sun, 02 August 2015, 17:45:42 »
Nike has some nice looking skate shoes, and so does Supra, but I haven't kept up on Supra, but they also have stash pockets.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #713 on: Sun, 02 August 2015, 18:59:34 »
Nike has some nice looking skate shoes, and so does Supra, but I haven't kept up on Supra, but they also have stash pockets.
I'm not big on skate shoes, but at least Supra makes ones that are decent looking (Vader mids are pretty dope). Also, they don't really look it, but Supra makes some of the most comfortable shoes I've ever had, the Skytops are just so comfy and have good support

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #714 on: Sun, 02 August 2015, 19:49:42 »

I'm not big on skate shoes, but at least Supra makes ones that are decent looking (Vader mids are pretty dope). Also, they don't really look it, but Supra makes some of the most comfortable shoes I've ever had, the Skytops are just so comfy and have good support
Yeah I had some Black Grape looking Skytop IIIs that I wore the death out of, definitely a lot more comfortable than Nike shoes or Vans as they have a lot of padding in them

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #715 on: Sun, 02 August 2015, 20:33:16 »
So I need a UK proxy. Who wants to be a doll and help a brother out?

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #716 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 00:11:36 »

If they offer US shipping it will be around the same, but disregard what I said if they don't.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #717 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 00:14:17 »

If they offer US shipping it will be around the same, but disregard what I said if they don't.
Yeah I just noticed they do. Still waiting on the eBay guy to get back to me. Might have to skip on buying them overseas, the price will be way too much in the end.

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #718 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 01:10:36 »

Yeah I just noticed they do. Still waiting on the eBay guy to get back to me. Might have to skip on buying them overseas, the price will be way too much in the end.
My brother bought his CDGs off of a UK site, and then bought another pair in the U.S., so I am selling his UK ones for him since they were 45$ more because of shipping. I can get the money back since they are somewhat rare, but I always check around before buying overseas

Offline Bomble

« Reply #719 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 04:35:01 »
I've got a pair of ultra boosts on the way that I got for AU$150, so 70 under retail. BOY OH BOY

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #720 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 09:40:35 »
I've got a pair of ultra boosts on the way that I got for AU$150, so 70 under retail. BOY OH BOY

they're so damn comfy. I need to cop a pair of my own soon
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #721 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 11:41:38 »
can i just say i think new balance is a lump of ugly stupid ****e
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #722 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 13:25:18 »
cool dude

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #723 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 13:33:43 »
i just thought of something..

This is the internet...   So there's probably a Guy member here.. with a large collection of high heels.. which he secretly wears.

Or possibly a guy with a wife, and he secretly tries her heels..

hahahahahahhahaha

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #724 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 13:35:14 »

This is the internet...   So there's probably a Guy member here.. with a large collection of high heels.. which he secretly wears.

hahahahahahhahaha
If he can fit his feet in

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #725 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 13:45:47 »

hahahahahahhahaha

I'm sure there's a guy that does a lot of things with high heels.

cool dude

The correct response:

Thank you for your input

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #726 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 15:35:01 »

cool dude

The correct response:

Thank you for your input
but i love you guys
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #727 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 17:05:21 »
wish these weren't overpriced af on ebay :(

my favorite kicks ever
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #728 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 17:08:08 »
wish these weren't overpriced af on ebay :(

Show Image

my favorite kicks ever

Those are nice... That's how I felt about the Nike x Parra x Pattas... I missed the release and the only ones I could find on ebay were either not my size or $700+ 

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #729 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 17:19:05 »
damn rackateers

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #730 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 17:19:50 »

I only see Vader hi-tops. I'm not into hi-tops.

And the only skate shoes that remind me of the late 90s style are DVS. No clue if they are decent.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #731 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 17:24:12 »

I only see Vader hi-tops. I'm not into hi-tops.

And the only skate shoes that remind me of the late 90s style are DVS. No clue if they are decent.
Well, they have Vaider low cuts, and even the high Vaiders are basically mid cuts

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #732 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 17:26:55 »
I don't know **** about this anymore. Thanks for the help.

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #733 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 17:29:13 »
All this skateboard talk made me rewatch Globe - Opinion  :rolleyes:

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #734 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 17:47:48 »
I really like Vans fwiw absyrd. But I don't skate

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #735 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 17:56:09 »
I don't know **** about this anymore. Thanks for the help.
np lol. can't recommend supra enough though. awesome shoes for the price

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
The GH shoe thread
« Reply #736 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 17:57:49 »
i found a nice pair of nikes today
im not an expert
it had a white patch on the heels with nike written in small off-white dots
they didnt have my size
i forgot to check their name
pls help
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 August 2015, 18:06:07 by paicrai »
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #737 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 21:10:50 »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/301700709999

Guys.  OG air max.  Size 15.  Decent price.  So excite.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #738 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 21:14:43 »
All this skateboard talk made me rewatch Globe - Opinion  :rolleyes:

YO i watched girl - yeah right the other night!

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #739 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 21:15:38 »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/301700709999

Guys.  OG air max.  Size 15.  Decent price.  So excite.

Can't go wrong with the 90s, so comfy too. Are size 15's usually the hard size to find?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #740 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 21:20:03 »
digi have you bought your shadows yet

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #741 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 21:23:56 »
digi have you bought your shadows yet

I need to, I just dropped $$ on two pairs of kicks..they're def on the radar, I saw your pic super clean

Offline Mooksie

« Reply #742 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 22:51:59 »
I was in the shoe game a tad before I got into this expensive ass hobby. Sold most of my pairs. I've been beatin on some saucony jazz I got for 25 bucks. Almost as comfortable as nb 574s.
Puma R698 Snow Splatter by Noah Blalock, on Flickr
Puma r698 "Snow Splatter" by Noah Blalock, on Flickr
Only somewhat exclusive pair I've ever owned. Sold em though.
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 August 2015, 22:53:40 by Mooksie »
we use up all the cupholders during our furious love making sessions

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #743 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 22:52:46 »
Guys, I haven't bought those og air max yet and I don't know why.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #744 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 22:54:43 »
Anyone seen the Chuck Taylor II's in stock anywhere yet? I'm dying to try a pair, always loved Chucks growing up but as I got older I couldn't wear them anymore due to lack of support.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline Mooksie

« Reply #745 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 22:56:09 »
I was into jano's for a while as well.
Red and Blue by Noah Blalock, on Flickr
we use up all the cupholders during our furious love making sessions

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #746 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 22:57:27 »
Anyone seen the Chuck Taylor II's in stock anywhere yet? I'm dying to try a pair, always loved Chucks growing up but as I got older I couldn't wear them anymore due to lack of support.

Supposedly they're a lotlot better for support and comfort now, but they've been basically sold out since release.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #747 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 22:58:30 »

Supposedly they're a lotlot better for support and comfort now, but they've been basically sold out since release.

Dammit. Suppose I'll just have to wait the 6 months for them to cross the pond.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline Bomble

« Reply #748 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 04:46:44 »

Dammit. Suppose I'll just have to wait the 6 months for them to cross the pond.

They are available in Footlocker in Brisbane in four colourways (I think there were only four at release) in both low and high top. If you've got one in Perth I'd recommend checking it out.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #749 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 07:56:25 »

I tried em out over the weekend. They're pretty great. The improvements really are upgrades. I really like the new inserts. Much better supports.