Author Topic: The GH shoe thread  (Read 451583 times)

Offline 1swt2gs

• DOGE
Re: The GH shoe thread
« Reply #950 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 11:57:23 »
Want to veer away from Nike and try out another brand (have a bunch of free runs, rosche runs, etc.)

Anyone have a pair of pure boost from adidas? How do they compare to Nike.

Such artisan, many caps, very keyboard.

Always searching for Bro caps! 

1swt2gs classifieds!

Offline Bomble

« Reply #951 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 20:20:21 »
Want to veer away from Nike and try out another brand (have a bunch of free runs, rosche runs, etc.)

Show Image

I don't have the pureboost, but I do have the ultraboost which is more of a running shoe, but I just use them casually. I've heard plenty of good about the pureboost model though, and I don't think I've felt anything more comfortable than any boost sneaker ever. Definitely worth giving a try especially since you can usually find them on decent discounts if you look around a bit.

In other shoe-based news. I somehow got through on luisaviaroma last night and got myself a pair of Moonrock 350 boosts  :D

Offline 1swt2gs

• DOGE
« Reply #952 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 20:36:49 »

Show Image

I don't have the pureboost, but I do have the ultraboost which is more of a running shoe, but I just use them casually. I've heard plenty of good about the pureboost model though, and I don't think I've felt anything more comfortable than any boost sneaker ever. Definitely worth giving a try especially since you can usually find them on decent discounts if you look around a bit.

In other shoe-based news. I somehow got through on luisaviaroma last night and got myself a pair of Moonrock 350 boosts  :D

The ultra boost has a 200 dollar price tag! How much did you get yours for?

1swt2gs classifieds!

Offline Bomble

« Reply #953 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 20:56:39 »
The ultra boost has a 200 dollar price tag! How much did you get yours for?

I paid AU$150 from wiggle.com.au, if you're not looking to pay that much, or would rather not have to be waiting and hunting for bargains, it's an easy choice to stick to the pureboost. They're amazing shoes too!

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #954 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 21:39:36 »
**** it
« Last Edit: Sun, 15 November 2015, 00:56:20 by demik »
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #955 on: Wed, 18 November 2015, 21:50:38 »

Show Image

I just copped a pair of Rocket Boost from Adidas. Got a pair of Nike AM90 and asics Gel Lyte 3s in terms of runners. Anything will full Boost sole is the most comfortable shoe I've ever worn, straight up. Followed closely by the asics GL3 and GL5. The AM90 took a million years to break in and they're like 6/10 in comfort at the most.

Don't buy shoes for the brand or the hype or the cool. Get stuff you like. Like keyboards, I just go to stores and try everything on that catches my eye. Right now I want more asics GL3/GL5, Diadora V7000/N9000s, and the adidas Busenitz Boost. Why? They fit my style, price range, and are damn comfortable. I'm most interested in how comfortable a shoe is to me.

Anyways, enough preaching. I didn't wanna drop the cash on Ultraboost and I thought $65 for these Rocket Boost (at Finish Line!) was a damn good price.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #956 on: Thu, 19 November 2015, 10:50:03 »
If I can find the dough, I'm going to cop the Busenitz Boost when they come out. Will putting my mandatory arch support insoles in them ruin the feels of the boost?
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #957 on: Thu, 19 November 2015, 10:52:22 »
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline Bomble

« Reply #958 on: Thu, 19 November 2015, 16:36:25 »
If I can find the dough, I'm going to cop the Busenitz Boost when they come out. Will putting my mandatory arch support insoles in them ruin the feels of the boost?

Niiice, those look awesome! I don't see why extra arch support would cause any harm, should be fine :)

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #959 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 18:01:21 »

Niiice, those look awesome! I don't see why extra arch support would cause any harm, should be fine :)

CPT is my hypebeast. He tells me to do things and I do them to be cool.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #960 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 19:46:52 »
Am I the only one who think this is the sexiest new balance out there

:confused: :confused:
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #961 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 19:56:58 »
Am I the only one who think this is the sexiest new balance out there

Show Image

:confused: :confused:

They are quite nice I agree, but 2 months too late 

Offline 1swt2gs

• DOGE
« Reply #962 on: Sun, 22 November 2015, 06:50:39 »

Show Image

Show Image

I just copped a pair of Rocket Boost from Adidas. Got a pair of Nike AM90 and asics Gel Lyte 3s in terms of runners. Anything will full Boost sole is the most comfortable shoe I've ever worn, straight up. Followed closely by the asics GL3 and GL5. The AM90 took a million years to break in and they're like 6/10 in comfort at the most.

Don't buy shoes for the brand or the hype or the cool. Get stuff you like. Like keyboards, I just go to stores and try everything on that catches my eye. Right now I want more asics GL3/GL5, Diadora V7000/N9000s, and the adidas Busenitz Boost. Why? They fit my style, price range, and are damn comfortable. I'm most interested in how comfortable a shoe is to me.

Anyways, enough preaching. I didn't wanna drop the cash on Ultraboost and I thought $65 for these Rocket Boost (at Finish Line!) was a damn good price.

65 bucks?!

I got mine for 110 (after taxes + shipping). They finally came and they are SOOOO damn comfortable when trying them on around the house and walking around with them! They do run big (i got a .5 size down). These are so much more comfortable than any Nike pairs I ever owned. People raved about roshe's and free runs being comfy but these pure boosts are like walking on a cloud.

Thanks for sizing help!

1swt2gs classifieds!

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #963 on: Fri, 11 December 2015, 23:43:13 »
anyone want a pair of red/black/white speckle GLIIIs?
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #964 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 04:45:08 »
hopefully getting a pair of Bed Stu Hoover's for x-mas ;D
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #965 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 05:00:25 »
hopefully getting a pair of Bed Stu Hoover's for x-mas ;D

I want that Fiegg x NB city never sleeps for x-mas
but.... the price hmmm...

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #966 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 16:02:03 »
I don't think I've seen any Huarache's or probably there is but a little bit on the uncommon side in this thread.
It's all over in the UK but probably not in the US (?)
Anyways, these are my latest grab! Nike Air Huarache "Nemesis"
I really do love the design, it's very comfortable too!
Plus finally a colourway that I like without a white sole which can get dirty if you're me  :))

Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #967 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 16:32:38 »
OK, how good do the new Kobe 11s look?  :eek:
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #968 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 16:37:01 »

Should be fine man.

Anyone have a pair of Red Wing Rangers or Blacksmiths?

http://www.redwingheritage.com/USD/product/footwear/iron-ranger-oxblood-mesa-08119

http://www.redwingheritage.com/USD/product/footwear/blacksmith-bourbon-yuma-03342

Really considering picking up a pair.

I've got a pair of Red Wing work boots. They're the best boots I've ever worn period. I can't wait to get a pair of non-steel toed ones.

More

Show Image

Show Image

65 bucks?!

I got mine for 110 (after taxes + shipping). They finally came and they are SOOOO damn comfortable when trying them on around the house and walking around with them! They do run big (i got a .5 size down). These are so much more comfortable than any Nike pairs I ever owned. People raved about roshe's and free runs being comfy but these pure boosts are like walking on a cloud.

Thanks for sizing help!

Oooo, glad you grabbed those and like em. I was running around NYC in my Rocketboost. It was amazing.

Pretty great. Cool enough that I actually want to go into a store and try em on.

I want that Fiegg x NB city never sleeps for x-mas
but.... the price hmmm...

City Never Sleeps look great but NB doesn't fit my style. Plus I need moar asics.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #969 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 16:42:31 »

Pretty great. Cool enough that I actually want to go into a store and try em on.

Yeah. I'm hoping I can find somewhere to get them from in the UK. Although it's probably a long shot as basketball is so small over here. Probably not great for wearing every day I guess, but maybe for driving :)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #970 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 16:44:27 »
Yeah. I'm hoping I can find somewhere to get them from in the UK. Although it's probably a long shot as basketball is so small over here. Probably not great for wearing every day I guess, but maybe for driving :)

I wanna go shoe shopping in EU/UK one day. It would be really cool to see the scene ya'll have. Too much Nike, Jordan, and Basketball in general over here for my tastes. If you need help proxying, lemme know.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #971 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 16:46:50 »

I wanna go shoe shopping in EU/UK one day. It would be really cool to see the scene ya'll have. Too much Nike, Jordan, and Basketball in general over here for my tastes. If you need help proxying, lemme know.

And visa versa dude. I might need you to try them on for me and send me a pair ;)

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #972 on: Wed, 16 December 2015, 16:58:51 »
Contemplating this pair.  It's close to the model I want and the same color I want.  Cheaper than doing Made To Order and paying a $200 surcharge for it.  I'll get to try some on at a shop this January while on vacation so that should hopefully settle the matter. 

Offline sircheddar

« Reply #973 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 12:08:15 »
My nikes
" I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. "

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #974 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 12:12:42 »
I got new Nike yesterday

Great story, 10/10
"Girlshark is a creative writing legend"-New York times

Offline Jema

• CHIPOTLE WHERE
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • You make my words I'm gonna get my grade 10
« Reply #975 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 12:27:17 »
I got new Nike yesterday

Great story, 10/10

What happened to your other foot?!

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #976 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 12:27:43 »

I got new Nike yesterday

Great story, 10/10

What happened to your other foot?!

Gout

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #977 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 17:54:10 »
Contemplating this pair.  It's close to the model I want and the same color I want.  Cheaper than doing Made To Order and paying a $200 surcharge for it.  I'll get to try some on at a shop this January while on vacation so that should hopefully settle the matter. 

Show Image

Idk man, these would definitely not be for me, they look too simple and this shade of leather bothers me, bare in mind this is coming from a brogue fanatic! I like my tan and only tan!
Methylated Spirits, not even once.

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #978 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 01:47:13 »

Show Image

Idk man, these would definitely not be for me, they look too simple and this shade of leather bothers me, bare in mind this is coming from a brogue fanatic! I like my tan and only tan!

Austerity brogues are about as brogue as I can handle.  I can't really do anything punched.  I tend to link wholecuts, monks, and plain/cap toed oxfords.  Anything more than that is beyond me.  Holes in shoes just don't work with me.  That said, I'd love a tan pair and am looking at some Meermin tan oxfords or double-monks as they'd be a dirt cheap pair to offset the high price of the ones I linked.  My preferred colors for shoes are black first, burgundy second.  After that, navy and tan can fight for third.  Not much a fan of brown for business / dress attire.  I find it better suited to hiking gear.

Honestly, what I want are a pair of wholecuts in burgundy (or Vintage Rioja in the case of Gaziano & Girling).  Problem is, it's a Made To Order option tacking on another $200 to the price tag.  I'd rather avoid that added cost if I can.

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #979 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 03:30:38 »
The madness has begun >:(

Mita X NB by Hanshen, on Flickr

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #980 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 04:06:03 »
Man, it's clear we're not limited to KB fetishes around here.  :?)

This may not be what you meant by "shoes"—but these are, without a doubt, the most comfortable round-the-house shoes I've ever found in my many years of shoe-ownership:

OOFOS OOAHH Slide (black; other colors available)

We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #981 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 04:14:39 »
boba fetts :)

a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #982 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 06:18:00 »

boba fetts :)

Show Image

Those are damn sexy! Too bad every Nike dunk high top style kicks feel way too tight on me :(

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #983 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 06:28:29 »

Diadora N9000s. I wanna cop the purple tapes so bad.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #984 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 06:30:20 »

Show Image

Diadora N9000s. I wanna cop the purple tapes so bad.

You are the purple tapes :P

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #985 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 06:48:39 »
Guys,,  so.. this shoe thing..    when you guys get new shoes..  do you expect people to "look" there ?

Is that the idea?

Are you yourselves always looking at -other- people's shoes ?

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #986 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 06:50:57 »
Guys,,  so.. this shoe thing..    when you guys get new shoes..  do you expect people to "look" there ?

Is that the idea?

I'll look at the shoes if they catch my eye, and I guess that's the point. I'm not into this whole sneakers thing that most people are posting here though, I like a real shoe, something made of leather.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #987 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 06:53:15 »
I'll look at the shoes if they catch my eye, and I guess that's the point. I'm not into this whole sneakers thing that most people are posting here though, I like a real shoe, something made of leather.

I've got a couple pairs of sneakers made from leather lol.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #988 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 06:54:56 »

Is that the idea?

Are you very aware of a person's robes in general,  or is it a narrow focus on footwear..

and are you only keen on the shoes of your gender, or do you peer at those from the opposite gender as well.

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #989 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 06:57:37 »

I've got a couple pairs of sneakers made from leather lol.

I mean like this

I like simple as well, not into all these layers, colours and textures of sneakers.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #990 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 06:57:49 »

Is that the idea?

Are you very aware of a person's robes in general,  or is it a narrow focus on footwear..

and are you only keen on the shoes of your gender, or do you peer at those from the opposite gender as well.

*tp eagerly writes down his findings*

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #991 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 06:59:34 »

Is that the idea?

*tp eagerly writes down his findings*

awaiting splooge's answer. .also cpt..

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #992 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 07:00:26 »

Is that the idea?

Yeah I definitely notice people's choice in clothing, everything from shoes to watch! I can appreciate if a girl has a nice pair of shoes, but in the sense that they are good for a woman and not a man, lol.

If a girl has really great style, it goes a long way adding up to the total sum of attractiveness.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #993 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 07:03:09 »
I mean like this

Show Image

I like simple as well, not into all these layers, colours and textures of sneakers.

I know what you meant. I don't get the snobbiness that I'm sensing. Especially when there's a lot of options in sneakers which may fit your tastes.

In the end, do you. But I'm just saying it's not 100% accurate to say oh there's no sneakers made from leather.

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #994 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 07:05:57 »
I mean like this

Show Image

I know what you meant. I don't get the snobbiness that I'm sensing. Especially when there's a lot of options in sneakers which may fit your tastes.

Show Image

Show Image

In the end, do you. But I'm just saying it's not 100% accurate to say oh there's no sneakers made from leather.

Guess it was taken a bit too seriously ha, some look better than others, I just don't wear them. Most of the urban ones I think just look tacky, just a preference though. I don't really wear clothes that would go with any of the NB's, Nike's or Adidas sneakers.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
The GH shoe thread
« Reply #995 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 07:10:02 »
I like pretty colors, I am like a bird. Flash them feathers

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #996 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 07:11:39 »

Is that the idea?

yes

But in seriousness, I'm always noticing what people are wearing, head to toe, regardless of gender. I'm a big fan of good fashion, so I'm always watching people ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Last Edit: Fri, 18 December 2015, 07:13:14 by dgneo »

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #997 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 07:12:05 »

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #998 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 07:13:07 »

Show Image

My feet are the bird, oh my

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #999 on: Fri, 18 December 2015, 07:18:54 »

But in seriousness, I'm always noticing what people are wearing, head to toe, regardless of gender. I'm a big fan of good fashion, so I'm always watching people ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

+1