Author Topic: The GH shoe thread  (Read 451593 times)

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
Re: The GH shoe thread
« Reply #1550 on: Thu, 28 July 2016, 13:30:27 »
If you're not skating, you have no reason to be pinrolling your pants.

Unless you don't want indigo rubbing off on your shoes :rolleyes:

Why would that even be a concern?

I'm guessing you've never owned a pair of raw denim jeans. There's still a blue gradient around the tops of my white GL IIIs...
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #1551 on: Thu, 28 July 2016, 14:03:32 »

I'm guessing you've never owned a pair of raw denim jeans. There's still a blue gradient around the tops of my white GL IIIs...

I've owned them in the past.  In the 80s.  Having moved to pre-washed jeans and being one that heavily favors lighter hues of blue, I have no need of raw denim any longer.  Not very comfortable, shrink to fit, and I wouldn't want to wear them until I'd washed them a few hundred times to get them faded to an appropriate color.

It's one of those things where, having gone through it decades earlier, I might get a pair for nostalgia eventually but I can't say it's a high priority.  I'd rather a nice faded pair of RRL during some super discount sale.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #1552 on: Thu, 28 July 2016, 14:05:14 »

I've owned them in the past.  In the 80s.  Having moved to pre-washed jeans and being one that heavily favors lighter hues of blue, I have no need of raw denim any longer.  Not very comfortable, shrink to fit, and I wouldn't want to wear them until I'd washed them a few hundred times to get them faded to an appropriate color.

It's one of those things where, having gone through it decades earlier, I might get a pair for nostalgia eventually but I can't say it's a high priority.  I'd rather a nice faded pair of RRL during some super discount sale.
Then I guess we just have different priorities :)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #1553 on: Thu, 28 July 2016, 14:23:40 »
How many of you actually peg your jeans? Is that really back in now??

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #1554 on: Thu, 28 July 2016, 16:18:49 »

Yup, no time to be fiddling around with raw denim when I could be hanging out with my wife and kids or playing video games.  Particularly when I prefer lighter denim anyway.
How many of you actually peg your jeans? Is that really back in now??

Show Image

People that were born after the 80s and don't remember how bad it actually looked and how it was mocked back once we finally made it through that period.  The old saying of those that don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #1555 on: Thu, 28 July 2016, 16:49:16 »

Yup, no time to be fiddling around with raw denim when I could be hanging out with my wife and kids or playing video games.  Particularly when I prefer lighter denim anyway.

I dunno about you but I just by the jeans and wear em lol, not a whole lot of time fiddling around with them (like I'd trade videogames for clothes :eek:...). They make 14/12oz stuff too. But I still have my Levi 511s that I love and wear constantly, so whatever works

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #1556 on: Thu, 28 July 2016, 18:01:06 »

I dunno about you but I just by the jeans and wear em lol, not a whole lot of time fiddling around with them (like I'd trade videogames for clothes :eek:...). They make 14/12oz stuff too. But I still have my Levi 511s that I love and wear constantly, so whatever works

Given that, in terms of quality jeans available, it's either raw jeans or massively overpriced designer jeans, there's a chance I'll end up with a pair of raw or near-raw jeans at some point.  Still, I'd probably get called for blasphemy by some for washing them first thing as... I just want to wear jeans that fit well, not have to work on getting those slick fades in a pair of jeans that aren't yet my size.  I'd honestly end up looking into what I can do to get them faded to a more preferable color faster.

Offline bianco

« Reply #1557 on: Fri, 29 July 2016, 07:09:51 »
a few more pairs...

nike air max 1 ultra flyknit

new balance 990GR2

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #1558 on: Sat, 30 July 2016, 19:30:07 »
Got some Native Apollo Chukkas today. Probably the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn.

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #1559 on: Sun, 31 July 2016, 00:20:16 »
Got some Native Apollo Chukkas today. Probably the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn.

Pics or GTFO :P :D

Offline frosty

• jukebox hero
« Reply #1560 on: Sun, 31 July 2016, 01:49:50 »

you gotta try some retail Ultra Boosts.

the one with the cage. uncaged sock liner is just really bad.

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #1561 on: Fri, 05 August 2016, 18:17:44 »
my first pair of gel lyte iii's.  they were on sale and i had some rewards credit, so i decided to try them out.  went a half size up and they are quite comfy.

a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #1562 on: Fri, 05 August 2016, 18:19:23 »
my first pair of gel lyte iii's.  they were on sale and i had some rewards credit, so i decided to try them out.  went a half size up and they are quite comfy.

Show Image

#peglyfe

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #1563 on: Fri, 05 August 2016, 18:20:36 »

Show Image

#peglyfe

pft i need to show off my sexy ankles.
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #1564 on: Fri, 05 August 2016, 18:21:31 »

Show Image

#peglyfe

pft i need to show off my sexy ankles.

They're beautiful..............the asic's are cool too =D

Offline Hexterdude

• I have a problem when it come to artisans
« Reply #1565 on: Fri, 05 August 2016, 19:50:24 »
Anyone know someone interested in some 8.5 pirate black yeezy 350 that have been only worn twice?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #1566 on: Fri, 05 August 2016, 21:09:56 »

Finally picked up ultraboosts XD

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #1567 on: Fri, 05 August 2016, 22:28:48 »
Show Image

Finally picked up ultraboosts XD
Sweet! I am searching for a pair in my budget. 

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline pace8500

« Reply #1568 on: Sat, 06 August 2016, 08:08:13 »

Given that, in terms of quality jeans available, it's either raw jeans or massively overpriced designer jeans, there's a chance I'll end up with a pair of raw or near-raw jeans at some point.  Still, I'd probably get called for blasphemy by some for washing them first thing as... I just want to wear jeans that fit well, not have to work on getting those slick fades in a pair of jeans that aren't yet my size.  I'd honestly end up looking into what I can do to get them faded to a more preferable color faster.

Washing jeans is not as frowned upon in the denim community as you think, In fact i can think of a few people heavily involved in the industry who actively encourage people to wash denim their denim more. And its a common misconception that you can only achieve good fades by not washing. Plus anyone who buys unsanforized denim will wash straight away anyway.

Offline bianco

« Reply #1569 on: Mon, 08 August 2016, 12:35:46 »
nike air max 90

asics feature x gel lyte v prickly pear

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #1570 on: Mon, 08 August 2016, 12:50:28 »
nike air max 90
Show Image

Show Image

I bet those 90s feel good man..

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #1571 on: Mon, 08 August 2016, 13:34:25 »

Washing jeans is not as frowned upon in the denim community as you think, In fact i can think of a few people heavily involved in the industry who actively encourage people to wash denim their denim more. And its a common misconception that you can only achieve good fades by not washing. Plus anyone who buys unsanforized denim will wash straight away anyway.

Makes life easier if so.  Perhaps things have changed since I last read on all of this stuff with the discussions mostly surrounding how long to wait until washing and loads of people chiming in with 6 months or more.

Doesn't really solve the problem of the jeans still being dark but fades were never really a concern for me.  I'm fine with my jeans looking more like this color-wise.

Offline pace8500

« Reply #1572 on: Mon, 08 August 2016, 14:12:52 »

Makes life easier if so.  Perhaps things have changed since I last read on all of this stuff with the discussions mostly surrounding how long to wait until washing and loads of people chiming in with 6 months or more.

Doesn't really solve the problem of the jeans still being dark but fades were never really a concern for me.  I'm fine with my jeans looking more like this color-wise.

Show Image

The main reason people abstain from washing is to achieve high contrast fades which doesn't seem like your thing, so i would recommend washing often. It would take a while to get a pair or raw jeans looking like that though!

Offline bianco

« Reply #1573 on: Mon, 08 August 2016, 22:39:44 »
nike air max 90
Show Image

Show Image

I bet those 90s feel good man..

they were when i was trying them on the shop
today, i used the asics for my usual morning walks, not bad at all.

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #1574 on: Tue, 09 August 2016, 16:59:14 »

Show Image

The main reason people abstain from washing is to achieve high contrast fades which doesn't seem like your thing, so i would recommend washing often. It would take a while to get a pair or raw jeans looking like that though!

Yeah, it ends up being the reason I haven't bought a pair yet.  Of course, the flip side is that my alternatives out there are mostly overpriced junk or something like RRL at insanely high prices though generally well-received.  I'll have to see what's out there but given the money thrown down recently for some new slacks and a pair of new shoes for work, I'm going to hold off on jeans for the time being.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1575 on: Tue, 09 August 2016, 19:00:59 »
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #1576 on: Tue, 09 August 2016, 19:05:26 »
Show Image

Reselling on the street?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1577 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 12:24:47 »
No. Just like shoes.

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #1578 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 17:40:56 »
someone recommend me some dank jeans. i havent worn denim in a while. mostly just buy the **** from zara.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #1579 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 17:46:40 »
Are Nudie jeans still a thing?

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #1580 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 17:50:35 »

iono. i used to wear sevens . those were nice.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #1581 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 22:14:24 »

yea, I see em around sometimes still

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #1582 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 22:14:44 »
someone recommend me some dank jeans. i havent worn denim in a while. mostly just buy the **** from zara.

take it to the clothes thread fam

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1583 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 22:33:57 »

I still like em, only use nudie and Japanese now
and must be salvage
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline pace8500

« Reply #1584 on: Thu, 11 August 2016, 05:01:54 »

3sixteen and rogue territory are two American brands that both make great jeans.

If you want something made in japan then checkout Selfedge and Blue in Green. They both stock a good selection of Japanese brands.

If you want something a bit cheaper you cant go wrong with Edwin or Nudie.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1585 on: Thu, 11 August 2016, 19:04:46 »

reigning champ pack completed

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #1586 on: Sun, 14 August 2016, 00:08:34 »
burst orange

infrared marshmallow.  very light and comfortable.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #1587 on: Mon, 15 August 2016, 13:49:06 »
So....

Leather conditioner..    costs money.

Can I just put some sort of oil on it and call it a day?

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #1588 on: Mon, 15 August 2016, 15:22:46 »
So....

Ha ha, why are you putting conditioner made out of leather on your hair?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #1589 on: Mon, 15 August 2016, 15:40:54 »
So....

Ha ha, why are you putting conditioner made out of leather on your hair?

what ?

sneakers,  just wanted to put something on my sneakers..  which i just cleaned..

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #1590 on: Mon, 15 August 2016, 16:43:08 »
All the adidas Tubular shoes have suede or leather, making me salty. The Nova Primeknits seem free of those so should be getting those soon :eek:

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #1591 on: Mon, 15 August 2016, 21:51:11 »
All the adidas Tubular shoes have suede or leather, making me salty. The Nova Primeknits seem free of those so should be getting those soon :o

Show Image

Those don't look too bad.  Tried a similar pair.  The bottom on those is definitely interesting.

« Last Edit: Mon, 15 August 2016, 21:52:52 by Niomosy »

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #1592 on: Tue, 16 August 2016, 07:57:22 »
All the adidas Tubular shoes have suede or leather, making me salty. The Nova Primeknits seem free of those so should be getting those soon :o

Show Image

Those don't look too bad.  Tried a similar pair.  The bottom on those is definitely interesting.

Show Image

Very unique, but it looks incredibly bouncy and comfy. I kind of want to try some NMDs too but not sure I'll have the cash when they come out.

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #1593 on: Tue, 16 August 2016, 08:00:49 »

Show Image

Show Image

Very unique, but it looks incredibly bouncy and comfy. I kind of want to try some NMDs too but not sure I'll have the cash when they come out.
+1 for NMDs. Looks nicer than tubular and it has boost tech. My .02 ofc

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline bianco

« Reply #1594 on: Tue, 16 August 2016, 08:29:50 »
another 990

Offline ekw808

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Ekw
« Reply #1595 on: Tue, 16 August 2016, 08:56:01 »
Show Image

reigning champ pack completed

Dope, got the black ones, almost picked up the navy ones but that suede makes the shoes look ashy.
[One Keyboard at a time]

My Heatware Please comment, and I will do the same =D 

Offline ekw808

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Ekw
« Reply #1596 on: Tue, 16 August 2016, 09:14:26 »
NMDs nd boosts are great, but its unfortunate the boost area is impossible to clean if they start yellowing.
[One Keyboard at a time]

My Heatware Please comment, and I will do the same =D 

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #1597 on: Tue, 16 August 2016, 17:39:25 »

Show Image

Show Image

The bottom is bouncy.  It's quite comfortable in the areas where the bottom sole touches the ground.  However, I found it uncomfortable in the areas in the middle where the sole doesn't touch the ground.  I think a bit thicker cushioning there might help if they want to keep the same appearance but give a bit more comfort.  I admit my feet are pretty damn picky though.  I would imagine that many will rather enjoy these shoes.

Offline Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?
« Reply #1598 on: Wed, 17 August 2016, 00:22:56 »
hrinfinity wore these when we went mini golfing.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1599 on: Wed, 17 August 2016, 01:41:20 »
The Adidas Boost shoes are pretty darn comfortable. The Crazy Explosives were like walking on clouds but are ugly as ****  :'(