Author Topic: The GH shoe thread  (Read 451583 times)

Offline PollandAkuma

Re: The GH shoe thread
« Reply #1750 on: Tue, 25 October 2016, 09:15:01 »
I have two pairs of Geox boots, they are very good! I love them :*

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #1751 on: Tue, 25 October 2016, 12:37:00 »
(Attachment Link)

Flyknit racers

might buy me some of those when i go back to school

airforce been carrying me for too long
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline bianco

« Reply #1752 on: Tue, 25 October 2016, 23:33:56 »
xr1

Offline Beanhead

« Reply #1753 on: Wed, 26 October 2016, 08:09:26 »
Those shoes look pretty good but what's with the radiator looking grill thing by the heel?

design. it's a part of the heel of the shoe. http://www.coolhunting.com/design/adidas-originals-nmd

finally got another one that i have been wanting.
my favorite so far.

Show Image

Show Image

The best looking NMDs released so far.

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #1754 on: Wed, 26 October 2016, 16:08:05 »
xr1

Show Image

Show Image

Of the Vegas / Office carpet shoes I've seen, those ones look the best of the bench.  What's the details on them?  I'd actually consider a purchase.... and possibly taking something to wipe out all that text on the blue strip on the back.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1755 on: Wed, 26 October 2016, 20:49:57 »
xr1

Show Image

Show Image

Glitch Camo, fire as ****. Woo.

Offline bianco

« Reply #1756 on: Thu, 27 October 2016, 21:39:46 »
yup, it's the adidas xr1 glitch camo (black)

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #1757 on: Fri, 28 October 2016, 00:11:38 »

And sold out from the looks of it?  Only place I saw them was pretty much ebay.  At $200, that's a clear pass.

Offline bianco

« Reply #1758 on: Fri, 28 October 2016, 00:56:55 »

And sold out from the looks of it?  Only place I saw them was pretty much ebay.  At $200, that's a clear pass.

yeah, it's hard to get hold of nmds when they first release.
the resellers have a field day afterwards

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #1759 on: Fri, 28 October 2016, 11:15:34 »

Not a huge deal.  They're interesting but a rather low priority for money right now.  I'd honestly have a tough time even spending the $120 standard asking price on them when I'd spend $1000 on a pair of burgundy leather soled shoes from a quality European shoemaker.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1760 on: Fri, 28 October 2016, 20:10:25 »

Not a huge deal.  They're interesting but a rather low priority for money right now.  I'd honestly have a tough time even spending the $120 standard asking price on them when I'd spend $1000 on a pair of burgundy leather soled shoes from a quality European shoemaker.

Oh you can spend that kinda money on some hype, but only if you have the heart of a BOOSTGOD
https://hypebeast.com/2016/7/adidas-originals-nmd-pitch-black-friends-family

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #1761 on: Sat, 29 October 2016, 03:22:43 »

Oh you can spend that kinda money on some hype, but only if you have the heart of a BOOSTGOD
https://hypebeast.com/2016/7/adidas-originals-nmd-pitch-black-friends-family

No interest in spending that kind of money on disposable shoes right now.  If I'm going to drop big cash on shoes they might as well be able to be resoled and last for decades.  Plenty of options in the $1000-and-under range.  Though some of my favorites are in the $1500-2000 range.

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1762 on: Thu, 03 November 2016, 05:40:44 »
Evening mail iz bez

Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline bianco

« Reply #1763 on: Fri, 04 November 2016, 01:38:49 »
Evening mail iz bez

Show Image

that's a beauty!
my favorite pair/nmd

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1764 on: Sat, 05 November 2016, 03:56:51 »

yeee

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1765 on: Tue, 08 November 2016, 16:16:21 »
Me in the woods with my AF1s.

I know my squat game is weak.

I have more pics of the LZ, I'm waiting for my friend to send me the rest.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline kiwi99

• that's a gnarly dookie
  • authentic church of halverson member
« Reply #1766 on: Tue, 08 November 2016, 16:36:19 »

you look like a ginger ppd

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1767 on: Tue, 08 November 2016, 17:04:39 »

you're not the first person to tell me that

Offline kiwi99

• that's a gnarly dookie
« Reply #1768 on: Tue, 08 November 2016, 18:32:48 »

you're not the first person to tell me that

wait a sec, arch wizard of salt  :rolleyes: are you ppd?

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1769 on: Wed, 09 November 2016, 00:05:27 »
Yeeeeee one of my fav RF collab

Ronnie Fieg X NB  Mykonos 997.5 Archipelago by Hanshen, on Flickr

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #1770 on: Thu, 10 November 2016, 04:06:06 »

Took me quite some time to find this pair. Finally got them! :)
Really loving the multicolour knit here  ;)
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1771 on: Thu, 10 November 2016, 05:01:32 »
Yeeeeee one of my fav RF collab

Show Image

Ronnie Fieg X NB  Mykonos 997.5 Archipelago by Hanshen, on Flickr

Niiiiiiiiiiiice
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #1772 on: Thu, 10 November 2016, 06:16:46 »
xr1

Show Image

Show Image

Love these, I have a pair myself.

On another note, can anyone get me some 350 V2s? :(

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1773 on: Thu, 10 November 2016, 20:05:29 »
So many Boost drops tomorrow/Sat! October was such a dryspell for good releases.

Nabbed a pair of Olive XR1s and those beautiful End x Consortium Cactus NMD Chukka earlier today. ****in' love me some green shoes.

Triple Blacks got an official release date, for sure picking up the Uncaged's.

3.0 colorways are gross so far though. It's like they only used colors that would be used to paint hospital and asylum walls.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #1774 on: Fri, 11 November 2016, 06:03:31 »
Haven't had any Ultraboosts yet, how is the sizing/fit compared to NMDs and NMD XR1s? Definitely going for Triple Black.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1775 on: Fri, 11 November 2016, 20:52:46 »
Haven't had any Ultraboosts yet, how is the sizing/fit compared to NMDs and NMD XR1s? Definitely going for Triple Black.

The Ultra Boost is far more comfortable in terms of boost and primeknit, NMD's cannot even hold a candle to them. I have wide feet, but it's not a huge issue since the primeknit is so stretchy it forms to your foot shape after a few wears. Personally I prefer the feel of the Uncaged's, they are just so freeing but I get why some people don't love their look. But when they are on your feet all your problems melt away. I have heard some people saying the TPU cage digs into their foot a little bit, but haven't had that issue.

NMDs are more of a city shoe, they have like half the boost the Ultra's have and the sole is harder so the overall ride is not as comfortable. 

Honestly since I got a few pairs of Ultra Boost I haven't even touched my NMDs. There is just no comparison in feel.

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #1776 on: Sun, 13 November 2016, 00:15:55 »

For comparison, I wear a:
UK10/US10.5 for Caged UB's.
UK9.5/US10 for Mesh NMD's
UK9/US9.5 for PK NMD's.

and they fit all almost perfectly. If the UB's are tight you can either go .5 size up or remove the insole before wearing.
the pk material will stretch after some wears :)

I too will be looking out for the triple black.
btw, anyone was able to cop the packers NMD earlier today? resell is nuts atm.
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1777 on: Sun, 13 November 2016, 00:42:33 »

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #1778 on: Sun, 13 November 2016, 00:46:00 »
packers NMD

ugly AF
Eehh to his each own I suppose :)
Doesn't hurt to not get but don't mind if I could either. For retail of course

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Offline kekman

• quit life
« Reply #1779 on: Sun, 13 November 2016, 02:21:02 »
hey guys, new to the shoe game so i actually don't have any shoes to boast of but i've been looking at picking up a pair of ultraboosts, uncaged preferably.

With the new parley x ultraboost collab, it looks like only the heel has the green accents, however I've seen others with the entire shoe covered in the accents. Will the latter be available for sale at some point?

Offline juahenza

• DoSmallThingswithGreatLove
« Reply #1780 on: Sun, 13 November 2016, 02:46:52 »

456GT | TGR Jane CE | Dolphin v2 | Whale | 360c | LZ FE | LZ IRON | TX-CP | Varmilo VA87M | HHKB P2 | IBM SSK P.1397681| IBM Industrial SSK P.1395682 | VE.A | Realforce 87u | Datamancer Streamline TKL | Datamancer Mechinist TKL | TANK v1 | RAMA M-4 | Realforce 108UW-HIPRO

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #1781 on: Sun, 13 November 2016, 03:37:10 »
hey guys, new to the shoe game so i actually don't have any shoes to boast of but i've been looking at picking up a pair of ultraboosts, uncaged preferably.

With the new parley x ultraboost collab, it looks like only the heel has the green accents, however I've seen others with the entire shoe covered in the accents. Will the latter be available for sale at some point?

I'm assuming you meant this pair?
http://solecollector.com/news/2016/06/parley-adidas-ultra-boost-giveaway
It's only limited to 50 pairs ww, and you can only win it via the giveaway which has ended.
I saw the resell on this pair in EU and it was going for 4000 euros or something.  :'(

Show Image

Show Image

Nice pair. The only colour I would have gotten out of the 5 :)
Simple and nice!

Offline kekman

• quit life
« Reply #1782 on: Sun, 13 November 2016, 04:07:41 »

I'm assuming you meant this pair?
http://solecollector.com/news/2016/06/parley-adidas-ultra-boost-giveaway
It's only limited to 50 pairs ww, and you can only win it via the giveaway which has ended.
I saw the resell on this pair in EU and it was going for 4000 euros or something.  :'(

oh wow. i guess ill just stick to the 280$ ones...

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1783 on: Sun, 13 November 2016, 14:39:42 »

You will get a chance at the Parlay. Adidas plans to release something like 1 million pairs after the initial limited run. They are 100% made from recycled ocean plastic, so their goal is to create a sustainable environmentally friendly shoe. I would guess the gree heel one is for the initial release and the other slightly different colorway is for the mass release.

Offline kekman

• quit life
« Reply #1784 on: Sun, 13 November 2016, 17:33:29 »

You will get a chance at the Parlay. Adidas plans to release something like 1 million pairs after the initial limited run. They are 100% made from recycled ocean plastic, so their goal is to create a sustainable environmentally friendly shoe. I would guess the gree heel one is for the initial release and the other slightly different colorway is for the mass release.

yeah i read about that. however, the one on adidas' site is the one with the accents on just the heel. i believe the one with accents all around the shoe (the one i was talking about before) is the one which only 50 were released

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1785 on: Sun, 13 November 2016, 17:57:55 »

yeah i read about that. however, the one on adidas' site is the one with the accents on just the heel. i believe the one with accents all around the shoe (the one i was talking about before) is the one which only 50 were released

Oh, you mean the Uncaged version. The Ultra Boost version has the pattern all around, Uncaged just has it on the heel.

Offline kekman

• quit life
« Reply #1786 on: Sun, 13 November 2016, 19:18:00 »

Oh, you mean the Uncaged version. The Ultra Boost version has the pattern all around, Uncaged just has it on the heel.

wait, so will the ultraboost version be released too or will it only be the uncaged that's part of the 1 million units?

Offline ANightOnCloudNine

« Reply #1787 on: Sun, 13 November 2016, 20:11:00 »
so many nice shoes, all i have are basic blacked out roshe runners

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #1788 on: Sun, 13 November 2016, 20:16:39 »
First of all, thanks noisy and pichu!

What's on everyone's lists at the minute? There are a lot of nice releases coming up soon. For me it's:
  • adidas Ultra Boost Triple Black
  • Yeezy Boost 350 V2 White
  • adidas Yeezy Boost 350 V2 Black Copper
  • adidas NMD XR1 Duck Camo Black
I think you can figure out what color schemes I like from that list...

Also probably going to get a pair of Nike Free RNs, maybe flyknit (thoughts?). I need to get fit again.

Offline kiwi99

• that's a gnarly dookie
« Reply #1789 on: Sun, 13 November 2016, 21:29:28 »
So many Boost drops tomorrow/Sat! October was such a dryspell for good releases.

Nabbed a pair of Olive XR1s and those beautiful End x Consortium Cactus NMD Chukka earlier today. ****in' love me some green shoes.

Triple Blacks got an official release date, for sure picking up the Uncaged's.

3.0 colorways are gross so far though. It's like they only used colors that would be used to paint hospital and asylum walls.

If wool burgundy becomes a colourway I'd def pick it up. https://www.instagram.com/p/BMoKyglgrdA/?taken-by=ice****ingfire

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1791 on: Mon, 14 November 2016, 05:58:33 »
Show Image

Show Image

Sexy
Bigfoot wearing pharell.... <3

Offline juahenza

• DoSmallThingswithGreatLove
« Reply #1792 on: Mon, 14 November 2016, 06:00:10 »
Show Image

Show Image

Sexy
Bigfoot wearing pharell.... <3
Pls that's Rood af!!
Thanks for the pair BTW

Sent from my LG-H961N using Tapatalk

456GT | TGR Jane CE | Dolphin v2 | Whale | 360c | LZ FE | LZ IRON | TX-CP | Varmilo VA87M | HHKB P2 | IBM SSK P.1397681| IBM Industrial SSK P.1395682 | VE.A | Realforce 87u | Datamancer Streamline TKL | Datamancer Mechinist TKL | TANK v1 | RAMA M-4 | Realforce 108UW-HIPRO

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #1793 on: Tue, 15 November 2016, 10:13:10 »
First of all, thanks noisy and pichu!

What's on everyone's lists at the minute? There are a lot of nice releases coming up soon. For me it's:
  • adidas Ultra Boost Triple Black
  • Yeezy Boost 350 V2 White
  • adidas Yeezy Boost 350 V2 Black Copper
  • adidas NMD XR1 Duck Camo Black
I think you can figure out what color schemes I like from that list...

Also probably going to get a pair of Nike Free RNs, maybe flyknit (thoughts?). I need to get fit again.

Gonna try my luck on the Tripple Blacks but I know it's gonna be a tough one.
Not gonna be sad if I don't get it though  :)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1794 on: Tue, 15 November 2016, 20:17:57 »
The Solar Red 2.0 colorway is super fire, and super slept on. If they had black Boost they would be perfect.

already changed the laces out for black ones

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #1795 on: Tue, 15 November 2016, 20:28:58 »
I got these coming in from Amazon..

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #1796 on: Tue, 15 November 2016, 20:48:02 »

Show Image

I think the females haz us beat when it comes to light up footwear..

They got those platform heels with ample space for HUGE batteries..

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #1797 on: Tue, 15 November 2016, 20:49:32 »

Show Image

I think the females haz us beat when it comes to light up footwear..

They got those platform heels with ample space for HUGE batteries..

Good chance those are worn by a Latino male. Additionally, theres a good chance that Latino male is Demik. :D :))

Offline ANightOnCloudNine

« Reply #1798 on: Tue, 15 November 2016, 23:43:07 »

Offline Shapey Fiend

« Reply #1799 on: Wed, 16 November 2016, 07:30:51 »
I find it very difficult to find casual shoes I like. Everything seems to be an ugly sneaker hybrid or just plain ugly. I've got a couple of pairs of brogues which seem to make up 75% of mens shoes at the moment but I'm not wild about wearing them every day of the week as they're kind of dressy.